PDA

View Full Version : Possilbe Forum User Database Corruption or Security Breach

Maverick50727
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
This is going out to alert Crime City Mark and other forum members.

I just noticed when I went to my profile and did a post history the last post under my ID was to the KA Name That Monster Thread and was NOT done by me!!! I did do the previous vote in the MW name contest, shut doewn my machine and went to bed. This was done hours later by someone else.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38396-Name-that-Monster!&p=368870#post368870

Shows my avatar and user as posting "Worst Nightmare" as a suggestion. I don't even play KA. I played to L3 for the reward and quit. Same for CC. I only post and play MW at this time. I confirm this KA post did NOT come from me.

Has anyone else seen posts against their IDs that were not done by themsleves??? Not sure if this is due to some corruption or maybe a hacker. If this post was done by someone please let CCM know or if you have similar issues in your account. This is the only thing I see, but it rang bells as the hour it was done I was asleep and in a forum I don't read.

If this is due to a hacker and I win the contest. Thanks!!! LOL
If it is corruption and crosslinked to another player's vote, come forward so they can figure out the issue and you get credit for your suggestion.

For those that know me and my writing syle, if you see anything posted by me that doesn't look right, let me know and I'll see if it was me or not. I find this very disturbing.

marebear
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I know this might seem obvious but you did change your password after you notice the breach correct? Are you able to edit their post?

Maverick50727
08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I know this might seem obvious but you did change your password after you notice the breach correct? Are you able to edit their post?
Yes, I was able to edit fine.

Ryans67
08-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I checked mine, everything looks normal. Thanks for the heads up. Our company just had some hackers take over our cell phone account, delete devices, add their own, and rack up thousands in international calls.

On a side note, team USA destroyed them in basketball. ;)