PDA

View Full Version : Since today seems extra teste...how about a discussion?

mxz
08-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Mad forum in-fighting this morning; let's bring it back to something civil.

Anyone else hear the rumor about the new style events changing to the top box opener getting the top prize and getting to name it? Thoughts? Anything else on your mind that doesn't involve CK and QPR?

sexkitteh
08-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Actually... the modern war forum is very fun :)

just saying...

oh! AND ALIVE :D

Heading over there as you read this :D

fuzzy
08-10-2012, 08:18 AM
So even a bigger bidding war then what we see now?

Burn
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Hello, I heard there was a fight going on in this thread. Some please.

mxz
08-10-2012, 08:46 AM
So even a bigger bidding war then what we see now?Would appear so. But only for the top 10 or so spenders.

sez
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Would appear so. But only for the top 10 or so spenders.

If there was an option to not participate in the events would you take it? I think I would. I'm not fortunate enough to have the disposable income needed to even reach the top 250, let alone top 25. I would rather have normal drop rates for farming "Last Calls" then get un-succesfull opens for a week. Anyone else?

TonySpaghetti
08-10-2012, 08:54 AM
If there was an option to not participate in the events would you take it? I think I would. I'm not fortunate enough to have the disposable income needed to even reach the top 250, let alone top 25. I would rather have normal drop rates for farming "Last Calls" then get un-succesfull opens for a week. Anyone else?

I started farming the Convincer during the last event and haven't noticed a change in the drop rates since the event ended. If there's no change in the drop rates, I don't mind participating in it, I just won't be spending any gold on it.

Sasha54
08-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I started farming the Convincer during the last event and haven't noticed a change in the drop rates since the event ended. If there's no change in the drop rates, I don't mind participating in it, I just won't be spending any gold on it.

What is the Convincer - and where?

BOS
08-10-2012, 09:02 AM
If there was an open gloryhole would you take it? I think I would. Anyone else?

Good afternoon sweetie, get that sore taken care of??

sez
08-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Good afternoon sweetie, get that sore taken care of??

Bwahahaha! It's the weekend h.oebag! all holes will start being plugged repeatedly and immediately!!!

TonySpaghetti
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
What is the Convincer - and where?

It's an explosive (18/4) from the modern loft on the Nightlife District. My level isn't high enough to get The Last Call.

Sasha54
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
It's an explosive (18/4) from the modern loft on the Nightlife District. My level isn't high enough to get The Last Call.

AHHH - I see.
I am just coming up to lvl 120 - so Black Market will open. So of course not at Nightlife D yet..........

thanks - is it a big buy-in for the Convincer?

TonySpaghetti
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
AHHH - I see.
I am just coming up to lvl 120 - so Black Market will open. So of course not at Nightlife D yet..........

thanks - is it a big buy-in for the Convincer?

No, I don't think it was a big buy-in. Decent pay outs too... I've been getting between $80,000 and $100,000. It's non-consumable, so I'm pretty happy about it. :)

mnju_03
08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I had a bunch of those. Lol.

dudeman
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Mad forum in-fighting this morning; let's bring it back to something civil.

Anyone else hear the rumor about the new style events changing to the top box opener getting the top prize and getting to name it? Thoughts? Anything else on your mind that doesn't involve CK and QPR?

Sure, I got a question for you.

Since you seem to have a pretty good scoop on the data and have decided to not post anything publicly anymore (no need to discuss the reasons, we know what they are), would you consider allowing interested forum members to sign up for a mailing list? Since forum PMs only require forum username, would it not be pretty easy to just have a set list that can be copied and pasted? Of course, there is always the more complicated email option, but then people would have to share email addresses and the list would be unnecessarily long.

Also, just out of curiosity, you said something in another thread about obtaining event items and possibly having figured something out. Would you care to share your findings, either here or via PM? I'm only curious because you said something that made it sound like there is a trick to success. In all leader board events prior to the last one I was able to get 22-25 items with little to no issue doing so, but I went about my regular business during the last event and only got to 14. That kind of a change seems very strange to me considering I played the event the exact same way I played all the previous leader board events.

BOS
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I had a bunch of those. Lol.

What happened to you? I saw you and your stats around 100k/90k, then you were gone?

mnju_03
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
What happened to you? I saw you and your stats around 100k/90k, then you were gone?

Starts with a B and ends in a ANNED! Haha.

G Wiz
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Well the general populous is not the target for these events. These top whatever's are segregation at its finest. Increasing the difference between have's and have nots. They haven't even tried another event style in what, 3 events? Change it up Gree! Allow me; a regular guy to have a shot at glory...and not the superficial glory where I can open boxes, but the glory where I can earn my way to the top of crime city.

Wait wrong game, this is privelaged city where rich little daddy's boy think they are gangsters.

*BELCH*

mxz
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Sure, I got a question for you.

Since you seem to have a pretty good scoop on the data and have decided to not post anything publicly anymore (no need to discuss the reasons, we know what they are), would you consider allowing interested forum members to sign up for a mailing list? Since forum PMs only require forum username, would it not be pretty easy to just have a set list that can be copied and pasted? Of course, there is always the more complicated email option, but then people would have to share email addresses and the list would be unnecessarily long.I've got a couple of email chains and PMs with members discussing various topics that wouldn't be appropriate for the public eye.

I don't want to be in the position of posting a newsletter because I'm pretty sure, for the most part, no one cares what I have to say. However, if folks are interested in some collaborative discussions I'm always game for email chains. I think a private, maybe invite-only, forum is the way to go but the other one people pointed me to wasn't allowing new registrants...so most of the analysis I've done is shared with just the handful of people that have helped me (or that I've noticed had a particular interest in the same topic).

Boom
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Starts with a B and ends in a ANNED! Haha.Why lol?????

mnju_03
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
For party rockin!