PDA

View Full Version : The verdict on defense building stats

TonySpaghetti
08-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Here is Funzio support's official answer regarding the defense building stats:

A G, Aug 09 14:30 (PDT):
Hey Anthony,

Thank you for the inquiry. This is not true. This supposed issue has been investigated thoroughly and has been found to be untrue. The forum posts are out of date.

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Anthony Curtis, Aug 03 09:19 (PDT):
Describe the issue here...

Hi,

Can you tell me exactly what the defense contribution is for my level
10 bodyguard agencies? They're showing 826 but people on the forums
are saying it's actually only 55. Is this true? If it is, why do you
show 826 when it actually isn't?

Thanks,

Anthony

Zendfrim
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I have a spreadsheet where I plug in those "old values" and I always get my true defensive stats within 5 of what they actually are, both rob and attack. Defense hasn't changed visibly from those concept threads.

DoughBoy
08-10-2012, 04:35 AM

Hey Anthony,

Thank you for the inquiry. This is not true. This supposed issue has been investigated thoroughly and has been found to be untrue. The forum posts are out of date.

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Hi,

Thanks,

Anthony

Sure but that does not explain why profile defense scores are usually over inflated. Something somewhere isn't giving full defense values. Thanks for getting to tech support though and following up here on the forum!

jahfive
08-10-2012, 04:41 AM

Hey Anthony,

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Hi,

Thanks,

Anthony

conzio conned u, demand your money back. defence buildings are pointless.

_dan_
08-10-2012, 05:03 AM
ask them to prove what they wrote or provide detail info. you can't just say it's not true without providing any evidences, it's too easy to say it's not true.

If it's not true why it takes them 6 days to investigate ? They must already have insight info. It takes them that long to compose the best lie for you.

Lars
08-10-2012, 07:18 AM

Sorry, but that answer sounds ridiculous to me. The issue was reported in the forums starting in October last year. It caused a thunderstorm in the forum. In the beginning I thought just give Funzio some time to react. (I know how things can look from the point of view of a service provider.) There never was a reaction.

Now they investigated it "thoroughly" but did not care to explain anything and never posted their results to the forum? And why do the forum results still perfectly fit the fight result screens? Why do those players involved in the discussion tend to give supporting evidence to our model? Sure, we must be all wrong. The team found it untrue. The same team that (according to their own account) did not notice the wrong M4 A1 stats were used even after weeks of floodings by posts on the M4s?

Anyway, thanks to TonySpaghetti for sharing the answer.

dudeman
08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Sorry, but that answer sounds ridiculous to me. The issue was reported in the forums starting in October last year. It caused a thunderstorm in the forum. In the beginning I thought just give Funzio some time to react. (I know how things can look from the point of view of a service provider.) There never was a reaction.

Now they investigated it "thoroughly" but did not care to explain anything and never posted their results to the forum? And why do the forum results still perfectly fit the fight result screens? Why do those players involved in the discussion tend to give supporting evidence to our model? Sure, we must be all wrong. The team found it untrue. The same team that (according to their own account) did not notice the wrong M4 A1 stats were used even after weeks of floodings by posts on the M4s?

Anyway, thanks to TonySpaghetti for sharing the answer.

+1. All "official statements" from GREEdzio are to be taken with a grain of salt.

DoughBoy
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
+1. All "official statements" from GREEdzio are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hold the presses you mean tech support may not know totally what they are talking about. I am shocked. At least I can feel secure knowing I can trust what I read on the web.

Is it possible that this discrepancy is in part by design? To keep the game a little unpredictable maybe there is an extra element in the formula for the attack and defense you bring to a fight? It just seems silly for Gree to ignore the known fact that there is a discrepancy.

dudeman
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Hold the presses you mean tech support may not know totally what they are talking about. I am shocked. At least I can feel secure knowing I can trust what I read on the web.

Is it possible that this discrepancy is in part by design? To keep the game a little unpredictable maybe there is an extra element in the formula for the attack and defense you bring to a fight? It just seems silly for Gree to ignore the known fact that there is a discrepancy.

I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about. I implied that they may not always be telling the full truth, or any of the truth at all.

And yes, that IS by design. Everything must remain a mystery for the players... skill points, the true value of defense buildings, the random factor used in PvP calculations, whether or not the person you reported actually cheated, etc.

DenZ1
08-10-2012, 11:34 AM

50% of the time they don't know what they are talking about or intentionaly lie to you or give you a BS answer.

Zendfrim
08-10-2012, 12:18 PM
conzio conned u, demand your money back. defence buildings are pointless.Not exactly, their value is just VASTLY misrepresented.

jahfive
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Not exactly, their value is just VASTLY misrepresented.

could you explain for me pleaae because i think there for show, in hood and stats. they do not work and do not help when getting attacked or robbed.

Lars
08-10-2012, 02:34 PM
could you explain for me pleaae because i think there for show, in hood and stats. they do not work and do not help when getting attacked or robbed.

They do help. However, leveled ones area not as strong as you might think. See
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37263-Attack-and-Defense-mechanics-summary-of-old-forum-knowledge. Note that all of Funzio's statements disagree.

DoughBoy
08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about. I implied that they may not always be telling the full truth, or any of the truth at all.

And yes, that IS by design. Everything must remain a mystery for the players... skill points, the true value of defense buildings, the random factor used in PvP calculations, whether or not the person you reported actually cheated, etc.
Sorry Dudeman if I misrepresented what you wrote. Sometimes my sarcasm gets away from me. With that said, if they can't be transparent in a reply why don't they say so? This isn't directed to you Dudeman of course. I gue Funzio/Gree thinks we can't handle the truth :-)