PDA

View Full Version : Stats Needed for Whale Territory

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm getting kinda close, so I was curious what others would advise. If I went with 490ish allies, I would be around 75k defense. Is that sufficient? I know I will still lose to the big guys, but I don't want my army decimated in a couple weeks... Also, does ally count matter much, or is it basically +499, and -498 that is critical?

Thanks for the heads up.

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Just my opinion, but I would target closer to 100k with a 500k IPH. There are a lot of very strong players up here. And the number of allies... Is your call to make.

Ascent
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I've been playing in the whale territory with 497 allies for the past couple of months with 35,000 defense or so and did not get decimated. I was attacked about once a day on avarage but there was never anything to steal from the vault. The ones who did attack, were either collecting event crates or completing valor missions.

On further note, I did get decimated, in the word's original meaning (every tenth guy killed) because I lost about 10% of my defensive military ambulances in two months... but I did not even feel the effects.

With 75,000 you will be fine though, there are many players with those kinds of attack stats. As you get closer to 100,000 defense, the number of potential attackers drop significantly.

Take a look at the thread which lists the top A/D stats of forumites to get a better picture of what to expect from the non-gold players.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Lots of players in the 60k-70k A/D range so 75k would put you around the average non-large gold spender range (excepting of course our resident non-gold big baller JMC). I am 45k defense and working on raising it by a combination of boost buildings (composites lvl 7, etc). I am also considering spending 50 tapjoy gold to change to UK for an extra boost to my mine launchers and sea scouts

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
I've got the IPH, and the only thing I would like to do is have 700 or so stealth drones to protect my valor units from going into battle on defense. That would take atleast a month to build up though, and camping is getting boring. lol.

As for the allie count, I was just thinking in regards to the rival list at that point. Can you only see so far up and so far down, or can all the high allie folks see the low?

JMC
08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
You want 100K defence to get ahead of most of the casualty glitched players.

You can hide at 498 and most of them won't be there, nor will they attack you because you don't complete their mission. That's not to say that someone won't attack you for cash, or a gold player won't attack you for being at 498 though.

Should be pretty safe.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I can see down to the 120s sometimes and up to level 200. Still seeing a lot of level 90s for some reason. I thought they were working on this?

EDIT: I see 12 level 90s on my rivals list currently

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I had to refresh five times in a row last night to get out of the 90's and low 100's. The problem seems to be getting worse lately. I am now seeing L90-120 and not just the same 3-4 names. Full lists of rivals in that range and ally counts from 300-1500+.

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I can see down to the 120s sometimes and up to level 200. Still seeing a lot of level 90s for some reason. I thought they were working on this?

EDIT: I see 12 level 90s on my rivals list currently

Do you ever attack them? I don't, but someone definitely is. Every time I click on one by accident, the player is too weak to battle.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Ya, I just did a bunch of refreshes of my rivals list and every third or fourth one is all rivals from level 90-120. Here are the levels
92 (259 allies SERIOUSLY?)

albeezy
08-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Do you ever attack them? I don't, but someone definitely is. Every time I click on one by accident, the player is too weak to battle.
I do sometimes, but lately I am just upgrading and collecting. I lose enough units from getting attacked that my stats drop significantly if I PVP. Mostly I will PVP if I am out of energy and looking for a box during a crate event. Other then that, just upgrade and collect. This game has turned into an IPH game in the short term (570k right now). I think I need about 800k IPH to keep up with the losses I suffer from PVP and attacks.

If you are curious about my losses I posted a pic somewhere on here (I stink at searching the forums) of Vball kicking my ass and I lost about 9 units during her visit to my base. It was rather embarassing!

Fun
08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
What level(s) is this whale territory

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I'd be aiming for 100k or so. Being above 500 allies also has it's good side, for instance silly players who don't understand the limits of the amount of allies you can have. Hitting someone with 12k allies can be fun!

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
other than the list issue people I have never seen on my ally list people with over 550 allies. there must be an entire seperate rival list for those in the thousands.

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
There does seem to be a hard line around 500. Those above can see all the way up, but not below, and those below can see pretty far down (280-ish+ allies) but only barely above 500.

Another player told me recently he was going for 600 allies to get out of reach of those below 500.

David P
08-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd be aiming for 100k or so. Being above 500 allies also has it's good side, for instance silly players who don't understand the limits of the amount of allies you can have. Hitting someone with 12k allies can be fun!

Mickymac you're almost at 1000 post! Ha I'm going for my 100th

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM

I laughed the other day when a guy was on the VIP list with 1500+ allies. It's one thing to keep accepting, but it's another to pay gold to add more. ;) Maybe he thought this game was a popularity contest.

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys achieving the 100k mark? I can do it with SSD's, but 1500 of those seems boring. I really don't want to rely on valor units, just cash and my gold units. It seems SSD's would be the cheapest way to get the job done...

Vballmadam
08-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I do sometimes, but lately I am just upgrading and collecting. I lose enough units from getting attacked that my stats drop significantly if I PVP. Mostly I will PVP if I am out of energy and looking for a box during a crate event. Other then that, just upgrade and collect. This game has turned into an IPH game in the short term (570k right now). I think I need about 800k IPH to keep up with the losses I suffer from PVP and attacks.

If you are curious about my losses I posted a pic somewhere on here (I stink at searching the forums) of Vball kicking my ass and I lost about 9 units during her visit to my base. It was rather embarassing!

I'm sorry Albeezy...you know i really care about you. My stats are in the 80,000 or there about and I have been over 500 allies for months. It's really not that bad up here as long as you don't start trouble. Most of you are used to having millions over vault and not getting attacked but up here you will get attacked because there are many above your stats. It's harder to save for upgrades.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry Albeezy...you know i really care about you. My stats are in the 80,000 or there about and I have been over 500 allies for months. It's really not that bad up here as long as you don't start trouble. Most of you are used to having millions over vault and not getting attacked but up here you will get attacked because there are many above your stats. It's harder to save for upgrades.

I found it amusing when you hit me. Had a dejavu moment. No worries
Next time let me know ahead of time and ill have a briefcase of cash for you!

Vballmadam
08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I found it amusing when you hit me. Had a dejavu moment. No worries
Next time let me know ahead of time and ill have a briefcase of cash for you!

You're too kind!

General Sir
08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm getting kinda close, so I was curious what others would advise. If I went with 490ish allies, I would be around 75k defense. Is that sufficient? I know I will still lose to the big guys, but I don't want my army decimated in a couple weeks... Also, does ally count matter much, or is it basically +499, and -498 that is critical?

Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan,
75K is completely reasonable to start with in the high levels...Most players are in that range.. Obviously, you always want to get stronger, but this is a good level to start from. As far as 499/ 498 or less, I would say it does not really matter, as there are strong players both above and below the 500 mark, and many of the strongest move back and forth between having 500 and under 500 allies.

As long as you stay away from posting vulgar or racist comments or spam, you can stay under the radar of the most powerful players for the most part.

Good luck to you, and Good Day.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
You're too kind!
Actually, was just playing off the fact that we are allies now! Stop by for your 10k and look at my glorious base. It is very tropical these days with all of the palm trees! You wont see them though

Omega1980b
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Whale territory appear on my account at level 130. To win most of the battle you need at least 100k on Attack and Defense, since most of the players are in the range of 60~80 on attack and defese. If you enter whale territory do not attack any spec ops.

Vballmadam
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Actually, was just playing off the fact that we are allies now! Stop by for your 10k and look at my glorious base. It is very tropical these days with all of the palm trees! You wont see them though

Will be by shortly!

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Whale territory appear on my account at level 130. To win most of the battle you need at least 100k on Attack and Defense, since most of the players are in the range of 60~80 on attack and defese. If you enter whale territory do not attack any spec ops.

Great piece of advice! I would add General as well, but you are stronger than I am.

Q Raider
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Since the latest "maintenance" I am now seeing many "new" players in the 490-510 range with low (often well under 30k) raw stats.

Still have the pages of the level 90's appearing, was going to go up in allies and find out what is going on "above" but it looks like they nerfed one of my support PVE locations both cash and loot wise so now just treading water cause it looks like I have to start an economy.....

andymac106
08-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Lol no duh xD But im obviously going to go check out their bases

Jp lfs
08-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Since the latest "maintenance" I am now seeing many "new" players in the 490-510 range with low (often well under 30k) raw stats.

Still have the pages of the level 90's appearing, was going to go up in allies and find out what is going on "above" but it looks like they nerfed one of my support PVE locations both cash and loot wise so now just treading water cause it looks like I have to start an economy.....

Which one was nerfed?

Q Raider
08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I have several sites which I target as much for the good cash payouts as for any possible loot drops. Bom Bahia and Pirate Flotilla in particular have some really good average cash payouts particularly with the 30% bonus.

Until the "maintenance" the other day you would reasonably expect to pick up a couple of million a day off them. I am now consistently seeing payouts in the bottom 20% of what is indicated as being possible and no loot drops whatsoever on any targets.

I went to the newest map and that dropped a loot item but it has pathetic payouts, oddly enough the one's I am currently seeing from Bom Bahia and Pirate Flotilla are currently of similar "value" with respect to energy expense per dollar return.

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Q do you have those maps mastered to level 5? Or do you just continue to hit your spots? I thought I remembered that as you mastered a map to the next level, the cash payout increased a bit.

Q Raider
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Q do you have those maps mastered to level 5? Or do you just continue to hit your spots? I thought I remembered that as you mastered a map to the next level, the cash payout increased a bit.

Gave up mastering the maps about halfway through them, the Valor points earned for whichever level it was just wasn't worth it and I certainly do not need any more grunt allies....

When I won the PVE 30% bonus event I did some calcs and now focus on the last full set of maps plus one or two lower map targets based on cash return and also potential loot drop.

Eg: The sewerage processor in Bom Bahia returns an average of 200,000 a hit without bonus and can get it ten times a day. Add in it dropped the Aerospace Osprey one in three to four which I like as there are some people whom I attack where it is almost certain I will drop a loot unit. Much rather one of them than a Brigand, Thunder or Raider unit.

Since the update have hit it ten times for no drop and the average payout has been under 100,000 each time. Maybe just a run of poor returns.......maybe.....

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I got 42k defense before and i get attacked like 5 times a day. Now i got 57k defense it become 3 times a day so you will be safe. Just stay below 498 allies man

vball
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Dang beezy, sorry I do not attack forum members. What is your screen name?

Uhhh by the way I am a guy. LOL

vball
08-09-2012, 06:18 PM
whoa, sorry beezy, you were referring to vballmadam.

Scratch previous post. :-)

Miner
08-09-2012, 06:26 PM
whoa, sorry beezy, you were referring to vballmadam.

Scratch previous post. :-)

Ah-hah! So here you are vball! Did you send me an ally request yet?

vball
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Just sent one. My number is 838 477 684

Will send you a PM.

vball
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
It has been busy this summer, but time should be breaking so will be back on the boards again.

SGT Barr
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
My stats are listed in my signature below. I'm playing at Lvl 105, just leveled up last night, and I'm loving it! You would be blown away how many people have ATK/DEF stats around 9K-15K. They have IPH around $300K-$500K/h and over $50,000,000 in the bank. I find a new one almost every other day. I hammer them for 20 mins using all my stamina then wait 30 minutes and go back for more(then repeat). I normally find somethat I can hit for close to $4M in a day 5 times a week. If your scared of the shark/whale zone don't be. Come on in the water is fine. Just make sure your IPH is ok so when someone picks on you with much higher stats you can rebuild. That normally happens once a week :0

Ryans67
08-10-2012, 10:15 AM
My stats are listed in my signature below. I'm playing at Lvl 105, just leveled up last night, and I'm loving it! You would be blown away how many people have ATK/DEF stats around 9K-15K. They have IPH around $300K-$500K/h and over $50,000,000 in the bank. I find a new one almost every other day. I hammer them for 20 mins using all my stamina then wait 30 minutes and go back for more(then repeat). I normally find somethat I can hit for close to $4M in a day 5 times a week. If your scared of the shark/whale zone don't be. Come on in the water is fine. Just make sure your IPH is ok so when someone picks on you with much higher stats you can rebuild. That normally happens once a week :0

Your not quite in the shark zone yet... Another 25 levels or so. I'm 121, and see stats from 5kto 75k, although I don't find people over the vault too often. Never anyone with that kind of money in the bank. Although I sure wish I could...

Poopenshire
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Your not quite in the shark zone yet... Another 25 levels or so. I'm 121, and see stats from 5kto 75k, although I don't find people over the vault too often. Never anyone with that kind of money in the bank. Although I sure wish I could...

I have had ~20mil on average lately, no one seems to attempt to take it. I spent most of it a day ago another expansion, another railgun, and few short upgrades. spent 15 mil in like 2 minutes. going to build up again, but unless your over level 130 your in a good position.

Ryans67
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I have had ~20mil on average lately, no one seems to attempt to take it. I spent most of it a day ago another expansion, another railgun, and few short upgrades. spent 15 mil in like 2 minutes. going to build up again, but unless your over level 130 your in a good position.

Your my allie though :D....I've had $24m the other day, and expanded also. It seems like every time I get to $20m or more, I have a 5 day upgrade going so I just spend it on something else. I'm gonna up the nanos to 3, and oil rigs to 5 and then start leveling again. Camping is getting boring...

Poopenshire
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Your my allie though :D....I've had $24m the other day, and expanded also. It seems like every time I get to $20m or more, I have a 5 day upgrade going so I just spend it on something else. I'm gonna up the nanos to 3, and oil rigs to 5 and then start leveling again. Camping is getting boring...

whats a little sharing between allies right? we can test each others over vault numbers.