PDA

View Full Version : Auction type events

BigDog146400220
08-09-2012, 06:39 AM
I only play MW and I keep seeing threads mentioning the possibility of some new Auction type event that might show up and replace the collect 10 type. Apparently, these already exist in CC and KA. Could someone that plays the other games explain in detail how these work. If and when it shows up, I don't want to be clueless on the process/objective. If I rely on the limited details in splash screens, I'm sure I will be lost.

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Keep collecting the items. You win if you have the most items on the end of the event. The uber units will go to the top 1. then another uber units for top 50 then top 250.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 07:39 AM
To add to what Jhoemel wrote, it is bsically the same concept as the 10 item event, except that you do not stop at collecting 10 items. Rather, you get prizes (units) at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 items. So for example, using the engines from the last event in MW, instead of getting units at 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10, you would get them at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. However, these are only the low end prizes. You could collect more than 25 engines and there are additional units to be won for being in the top 250 and top 25 in items (e.g., engines) collected. The top 250 typically get a unit on par with the top item in the 10 item events, perhaps slightly less powerful, but it has no boost. The top 25 unit has a boost and is typically more powerful in terms of A/D than the top prize in the 10 item events of MW. The person who collects the most parts gets the ultimate top prize which typically is 1000+/1000+ stats and has a slightly better boost than the top 25 boost unit. Usually the top person has 300+ items collected (e.g., engines) and the top 250 ranges from the high 20s to 30s or even 40s depending on the event. In otherwords, the more you spend the better your chances of landing in the top 250/25/1. I usually play them for free and only get the units for collecting 10 parts. I think I got to 15 one time. The top 250/25/1 in the auction events are for the most part unreachable for free players (which is fine) although I think I read somewhere that a person made it into the top 250 as a free player once.

Hope this helps

Corsair
08-09-2012, 07:54 AM
How is that like an auction? I thought everyone was just calling them leader board events.

I hope they stay away from MW, but I bet they are huge revenue raisers. The competition at the top to get the big prize would be huge, assuming the gold ban is over up there.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:02 AM
How is that like an auction? I thought everyone was just calling them leader board events.

I hope they stay away from MW, but I bet they are huge revenue raisers. The competition at the top to get the big prize would be huge, assuming the gold ban is over up there.
it is called an auction event because the top prizes go to the highest bidders (i.e., person willing to spend the most money to get the prize). Each bidder (i.e., spender) is displayed on a leaderboard so that you know how far ahead or behind you are in the bidding (i.e., spending) process

EDIT: If I could spend the money and not feel guilty about it I probably would try it one time, but 350+ parts has got to cost thousands

Dewsy
08-09-2012, 08:04 AM
They get called an auction because there is no skill and relatively little (if any) luck involved - it is just who 'bids' the most via using gold/gems to open more boxes. Compared to old-style events where in theory an infinite number of people could get to 10.

Dirk Durbin37
08-09-2012, 08:04 AM

It's an Auction because whoever uses the most Gold for opens and time resets wins. I think I saw one event where the leader had well over 350 items. They have started to slow down to where the leaders win with about 175-225. I hope gold/gem players stop splurging and encouraging these awful events. If there was a way we could all ban together and all stop at 10 items. Everyone would get the top prize, they would not make tons of money and it would all stop. No way of contacting all to participate though. We are well overdue for an "Occupy GREEd" movement. We would really need some well known/liked Forum vets to start it though...

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I just experienced my first Crime City Auction Event and I think the winner had close to 250 files, I finished on 16 with all cash opens.. top 25 was 112 I think? Top 250 was well passed 60, so ya gold is the only option.

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:18 AM
They are impossible to win without spending a boat load of gold!

Consider this - the average is about 1 vault of gold to get 20 shards/documents whatever... etc...

and the top 25!!!! have over 100 some 200 shards....

So to even THINK about getting the 25th place or 50th place (I bet they will do 25...) you are looking at a min of 5 vaults... and expect to spend 10...

NOW!!! There is this special deal apparently you can cut with Gree - if you buy 10 vaults in a month you get 30k gold as a bonus... or something like that... they got different tiers of bonuses...

It is however possible to get 20 shards with 0 gold and you can get a bout 5 very nice weapons...

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Nothing good can come of this except for Gree(d). mark my words, free, light gold, and medium gold, you will be taken advantage of. This company will never put anything out for the benefit of the players that does not enrich the company first and foremost.

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Nothing good can come of this except for Gree(d). mark my words, free, light gold, and medium gold, you will be taken advantage of. This company will never put anything out for the benefit of the players that does not enrich the company first and foremost.

You got to remember though, it's supply demand... they don't set the bar.... we players do :/

Everson25
08-09-2012, 08:28 AM
My best as a free player on KA was 21. I don't remember many free players getting 25. I think soon or later they will give a shot to put those kind of events on MW. It will depend on how the big spenders receive the event. If they really spend and go for the big price it means the end of events of old format. If Fuzio starts this kind of event they might put a stupid prize where everyone wants so much that won't bother how much they are spending.

As a free player I enjoy the events at the present because it gives some chances for free players.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:32 AM
My best as a free player on KA was 21. I don't remember many free players getting 25. I think soon or later they will give a shot to put those kind of events on MW. It will depend on how the big spenders receive the event. If they really spend and go for the big price it means the end of events of old format. If Fuzio starts this kind of event they might put a stupid prize where everyone wants so much that won't bother how much they are spending.

As a free player I enjoy the events at the present because it gives some chances for free players.

Worst part about that is it will be like in KA where the top 25/50 get a boost unit to upgrade 2 buildings at once and the uber heavy gold spenders will win it despite the fact that they have no money buildings to upgrade! It will be a tragic shame, but would save me from ever spending more money on this game than the $40 i already have.

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Worst part about that is it will be like in KA where the top 25/50 get a boost unit to upgrade 2 buildings at once and the uber heavy gold spenders will win it despite the fact that they have no money buildings to upgrade! It will be a tragic shame, but would save me from ever spending more money on this game than the $40 i already have.

LMAO!!!! It was the same on CC - the top price gave like 5% more RP (aka Valor) when all the hardcore players have no use for RP lmao...

fail... and they still spend thousands trying to get the stupid item... they do have insane stats though... 1000/1000 give or take...

They was joking about that on the CC forum - they could put sh1t on a stick and give it 1000/1000 stats and people would go crazy over it :D

spectra
08-09-2012, 08:36 AM

at first there were players spending crazy amounts of money (1st place in the first 2 auctions had over300 and then over 400 parts, that has to cost over $2,000 real cash)
but in the last event, it seem everyone decided to "slow down" and the top winners only had less than 300 parts and the top 250 the bottom was at 25/26 while in prior events was at 40+
thus more players are spending less and thus revenue has decrease, perhaps that is why KA event still has not started when it should had done so yesterday.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:37 AM
They are impossible to win without spending a boat load of gold!

FUNZIO sexkitteh just gave you a great idea! We have bags, stashes, stockpiles, bank trucks, and even vaults of gold...BUT we do not have an option to purchase a BOAT LOAD of gold!

I LIKE GOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD!

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/56/93/28/gmmbr10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=24&u=17569328)

Everson25
08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Hey Spectra! Can you see Funzio surprising us with an event like old times on KA?

I agree with the last one showed that many players were spending less over there. I'm happy they didn't start an event on KA yet. I have time to improve my kingdom.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
they could put sh1t on a stick and give it 1000/1000 stats and people would go crazy over it :D

a very effective weapon it would be, both in game and in real life

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:45 AM
LMFAO!!!

priceless...

Mackdaddy
08-09-2012, 08:45 AM

I agree with you P and as a medium gold player I will not spend on an event like this no matter what the prize. My son has now quit KA mostly due to his frustration with the leader board event. In his words and he is 12 years old, "they just don't make it fair dad". I wonder how all the players that spent a great deal of gems and didn't make the top 250 feel? Ripped off because now all they are left with is a hand full of not so great indestructibles.

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I agree with you P and as a medium gold player I will not spend on an event like this no matter what the prize. My son has now quit KA mostly due to his frustration with the leader board event. In his words and he is 12 years old, "they just don't make it fair dad". I wonder how all the players that spent a great deal of gems and didn't make the top 250 feel? Ripped off because now all they are left with is a hand full of not so great indestructibles.

Well... there's a reason Japan considers this play style like gambling :rolleyes:

You just have to play for what it is...

It's like High School all over again...

The posh people will hang out with posh people - the rich will fight the rich

And the nerds will hang with the nerds - the poor will fight the poor...

It's really not THAT unfair... unless you get bullied... then you can go sulk and listen to fml music :D

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
That is why I am only going to pvp/pve during boss event and boost my economy in KA. I have an ultimate goal of beating all 40 bosses without spending gold!

BigDog146400220
08-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Keep collecting the items. You win if you have the most items on the end of the event. The uber units will go to the top 1. then another uber units for top 50 then top 250.

Thanks J -

So basically you would have relatively no shot at winning anything unless you fork over ton of real cash, right?

sexkitteh
08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks J -

So basically you would have relatively no shot at winning anything unless you fork over ton of real cash, right?

That is correct... you can realistically at most if you are incredibly incredibly INCREDIBLY lucky - 30pcs...

at 20pcs you usually get an item with 100/100 stats give or take...

The first "auction" style event was top 500 and top 50... but since then they have cut it down to top 250 and top 25...

Soooooo it's even harder to get into the top....

the top 250 items average around 500/500 stats... and you can usually make it in with spending very small amount of gold... about 25-35pcs

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Here's how I view spending gold on events.... If I feel like I have a good chance of winning the event without spending more then $100, I will go for it if the prize is decent. If I saw that it is going to cost a ton, I won't spend a dime. Atleast with the crate events I know that everyone can possibly win (or atleast 1% of us), and it's not just a competition to see who has the most disposable income.

My preference would be more events that reward people for playing more, such as the PVP tourney. Make another one, where you compete to see who can gain the most experience in a week, or a raiding one.

spectra
08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey Spectra! Can you see Funzio surprising us with an event like old times on KA?

I agree with the last one showed that many players were spending less over there. I'm happy they didn't start an event on KA yet. I have time to improve my kingdom.

I am hopping that the delay to start the next event is due to them trying to implement a new event and not because as usual they have issues with the game...lol

Mad
08-09-2012, 09:11 AM
I think there are probably a couple reasons for the delay:

1. People are on vacation... so staff is short

2. Add on to this, MW is being inundated with hackers at this time. I suspect resources are being used develop software to track them down and support staff used to eliminate them.

There is only so much time in a day.

albeezy
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I suspect it is because they are getting ready to release game number 4. Same as MW, CC, KA, except the setting is in space and your base is a planet or something. LOL

BigDog146400220
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone. The insight into this type event is greatly appreciated. It sounds like it is not something I would ever have a shot at in terms of top prize. So therefore, i hope it never shows up in MW. I am light-moderate gold player. I will spend gold on certain things but never in excess. There is no way I'm going to ever try and outspend another player at the slight chance of a prize. I know my wallet isn't deep enough to compete! Lol! I have no problem spending gold on a #10 event when (im playing against a machine) and the top prize has a bonus that I feel is "good" for my gameplay (time or in-game cash reductions rewards). I won't ever spend gold on +valor or +health.

Thanks again everyone!
BD

maxxyme
08-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Just hate those events.
They occur too often in CC and bring nothing but deception.
You just loose your money to "enhance" the possibility of "breaking" the items in order to gain items.
Waste of time IMO!

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 10:03 AM
If this event comes here expect to see a flood of people leveling up, it always happens. We know we have seen alot level up from the current events. the only possible benefit I see from this for the little guy is the creation of chum for us as well, BUT with current casualty rates for REAL players (non-glitchers) it doesn't matter anyway becuase we will lose 3000 valor worth of units per attack anyway, even more so as you increase your force strength.

Light and Medium gold spenders are the bread and butter of this game. while there may be whales, the thousands of people buying little bits add up so quickly. YOu have the bigger voice, do not get squeezed out by this. don't spend on this event type. speak with your wallets. demand more for your money. I bought 4 vaults all on sale. the last was over 2 months ago. I will not spend a dime until i get better value for my dollar.

spectra
08-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I suspect it is because they are getting ready to release game number 4. Same as MW, CC, KA, except the setting is in space and your base is a planet or something. LOL

I agree with you
Funzio's next game will most likely be somewhat the same as the current MW, KA and CC or a Hydrid of them, and the only place "in time" they can do it would be in the future, but then, it would just be a "copy" of Starcratf games

Corsair
08-09-2012, 10:16 AM
OK on the naming...just hadn't heard the term applied before. Appropriate enough. Familiar with them from KA, not a fan.

Here's how I view spending gold on events.... If I feel like I have a good chance of winning the event without spending more then $100, I will go for it if the prize is decent. If I saw that it is going to cost a ton, I won't spend a dime. Atleast with the crate events I know that everyone can possibly win (or atleast 1% of us), and it's not just a competition to see who has the most disposable income.

My preference would be more events that reward people for playing more, such as the PVP tourney. Make another one, where you compete to see who can gain the most experience in a week, or a raiding one.I'm with you, though I've only spent on a couple of events, and not much at that. These auction events are worthless to 98% of the user base.

I suspect the PvP and IPH tourneys were primarily honey traps to catch cheaters. They were so poorly designed and implemented they must have been rushed through for some reason. Possible the devs were just trying to impress their new overlords, though.