PDA

View Full Version : No event yet?

Mcdoc
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Next 18 hours I bet :). Thought we'd see the new event by now :)

And NO I'm not counting the Boss event - that's rigged against everyone to make you spend tooooo much gold :)

Oh yeah - for those coming to SoCal on Saturday - I got your WiFi covered if you need it ;)

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I still dont see files about the event on the database so I think there will be no event this week :)

albeezy
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Would've thought the KA event would have started first? Maybe we are getting a late event because it's switching to the auction event? I hope not. Time will tell I guess.

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Usually starts an hour ago, but I don't see anything yet

MadManDK
08-09-2012, 03:47 AM
I still dont see files about the event on the database so I think there will be no event this week :)

I kinda agree, but then again, they might be uploading the files "last minute" (at least the Boss ones went up later than usual).

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 04:07 AM
I kinda agree, but then again, they might be uploading the files "last minute" (at least the Boss ones went up later than usual).

I hope they wont do an auction type of event

BrodawgCanada
08-09-2012, 04:30 AM
I still dont see files about the event on the database so I think there will be no event this week :)Where do you find the database to see the files??

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Where do you find the database to see the files??

Send me a pm, ill send you the link

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 04:51 AM
---------Removed-----------

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 04:57 AM
was that legit micky?

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Looks like it was never implemented

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Its good that it wasnt implemented

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Well put it this way, free players would never get it hehe :P

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Yeah and we will get stuck at 8. haha

Big John
08-09-2012, 05:17 AM
08-08-2012, 06:58 PMCrime City Mark
When to expect something new? No promises, but keep an eye out next week.

Hope thats not it

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 05:19 AM
I hope so too. free players dont stand a chance. But we will see who among the pirates will get that unit

Arizona
08-09-2012, 06:05 AM
That image is OLD

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 06:10 AM
that image is about 2 weeks old, so not that old in game terms

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I think a big change will happen. I can smell it from a mile away :p

Arizona
08-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I think a big change will happen. I can smell it from a mile away :p
I believe that smell could be the monsoon waters LOL

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:44 AM
if it means increased money it will happen. everyone is getting bored with the current 10 count events. everyone will spend tons of cash on a new event simply becuase its new. tons of people will level up, the Whale zone will move up, and tons more whale bait. its all calculated to increase the bottom line and provide chum.

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:45 AM
I believe that smell could be the monsoon waters LOL

Hahaha, lol, i finally see the sun today after a lot of raining

Arizona
08-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Agreed.
The strategy must be to get people to play the game with an expectation of a fixed time span. They know the high level players are getting bored, but their main target has to be the lower level players. Get them hooked first.

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:51 AM
there are so many low level people they have to start moving them up. They must have plans to expand more missions and events and levels i think. They just need to move enough people up. right now there is so little chum that people that do move up are either wiped out or quit from the Whales. those that survive are the rare exceptions.

Big John
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
if it means increased money it will happen. everyone is getting bored with the current 10 count events. everyone will spend tons of cash on a new event simply becuase its new. tons of people will level up, the Whale zone will move up, and tons more whale bait. its all calculated to increase the bottom line and provide chum.
Are people still spending on the boss event? If they don't make events winnable with some gold people will stop spending. Even using in game cash is proving too costly for some.

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
we know for sure some are. you can see as much from sig on here and in inventories.

Miner
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Are people still spending on the boss event? If they don't make events winnable with some gold people will stop spending. Even using in game cash is proving too costly for some.

I am still using gold on the boss events. For me, I think it's the best use for my gold. I made it to boss #20 on this current event without needing gold. Had plenty of in-game cash on hand and used cash hits and medpacks to go the rest of the way. Didn't require more than 600 gold and 13 out of the last 15 items I got were uncommon or rare. Hard to complain with a 2400 point boost to stats for only 600 gold.

Atahualpa13
08-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm also using gold on boss events, yet I made it to boss #18 without any gold, so the rest of the battles don't cost me too much gold as well, quite rewarding and a good investment in my opinion for the boosts/units given.

Arizona
08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Just a quick idea that will probably get shot down fast, but maybe if they included team events in the higher levels. To prevent teams from getting to one sided, perhaps include players from different tiers.
That's me done with brilliant ideas. I'm going back to my whisky

albeezy
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM
What happened to the image of the plane with the crazy stats?

Miner
08-09-2012, 07:45 AM
What happened to the image of the plane with the crazy stats?

What plane? What image? (cough cough)

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I removed it lest I get removed myself :P

albeezy
08-09-2012, 08:25 AM
I removed it lest I get removed myself :P

LOL We don't want that happening again!

Tctiger
08-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Gold players should be able to get the main prize if spend gold to do it and free players should be able to win now and again like the box events in past , that is a good balance and keeps most people happy . I just hope the focus is on gameplay not money but my first impressions with gree are its all about the money . Its one thing to get players up higher but if they all quit then what? Gold players v hackers anyone? gree need to sort the game out and stop money grabbing but do they really care about the actual game or just making money from it ? I'm a free player but won't spend gold as I would have to sell my house to be one of the whales and a little gold does nothing . If I had confidence in the running of the game and my survival higher levels I might put a little cash in but not like this when nothing works correctly and rules change things they say are comming don't like frequent flyer thing and waiting for that update for 30% boost :("""""

Dreno33
08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah - for those coming to SoCal on Saturday - I got your WiFi covered if you need it ;)

thank god :D

o and your gonna sing for us right Mc? you and copenhagen should do a duet from Grease. HK and pick who Sandy is :rolleyes:

Baraka
08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Was just reading a few posts. Can anyone enlighten me on wat an auction event is.

Ryans67
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Theres another thread describing it. I'd link to it for you.....BUT, you'll find it.

James_mac
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Was just reading a few posts. Can anyone enlighten me on wat an auction event is.

here you go ben, its thoses event on KA that you've shown me before. when 1 guy just buys his way to the top.

To add to what Jhoemel wrote, it is bsically the same concept as the 10 item event, except that you do not stop at collecting 10 items. Rather, you get prizes (units) at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 items. So for example, using the engines from the last event in MW, instead of getting units at 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10, you would get them at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. However, these are only the low end prizes. You could collect more than 25 engines and there are additional units to be won for being in the top 250 and top 25 in items (e.g., engines) collected. The top 250 typically get a unit on par with the top item in the 10 item events, perhaps slightly less powerful, but it has no boost. The top 25 unit has a boost and is typically more powerful in terms of A/D than the top prize in the 10 item events of MW. The person who collects the most parts gets the ultimate top prize which typically is 1000+/1000+ stats and has a slightly better boost than the top 25 boost unit. Usually the top person has 300+ items collected (e.g., engines) and the top 250 ranges from the high 20s to 30s or even 40s depending on the event. In otherwords, the more you spend the better your chances of landing in the top 250/25/1. I usually play them for free and only get the units for collecting 10 parts. I think I got to 15 one time. The top 250/25/1 in the auction events are for the most part unreachable for free players (which is fine) although I think I read somewhere that a person made it into the top 250 as a free player once.

Hope this helps

Baraka
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Exactly the same as other but there's a leaderboard and there's less chance for you to get units. Sounds like fun. Lovely lovely money for gree. U see that post bout UK meet james.

Mcdoc
08-10-2012, 03:52 AM
All three games - MW / CC / KA - and NO Event - hasn't been this quiet in a VERY long time - then MW goes up with a Gold Sale 2 weeks early - kinda of a creepy silence - and we all thought there would be some fun event going on at the SoCal meet-up this weekend. :/

Jhoemel
08-10-2012, 04:14 AM
All three games - MW / CC / KA - and NO Event - hasn't been this quiet in a VERY long time - then MW goes up with a Gold Sale 2 weeks early - kinda of a creepy silence - and we all thought there would be some fun event going on at the SoCal meet-up this weekend. :/

Maybe ccm didnt want you guys to open a crate every hour when you all meet up :)

mickymacirl
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Or maybe CC Mark doesn't want to take the heat from people TRYING to open crates L:OP

Big John
08-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Or maybe CC Mark doesn't want to take the heat from people TRYING to open crates L:OP

He would just drop hints.

Miner
08-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I have a feeling the next event will be the leaderboard/auction style event. Here's why:
- Server Maintenance
- Gold Sale
- Longer delay between events
- That other reason involving a plane, which we won't discuss

It's all coming together I think... this sucks.

Big John
08-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I have a feeling the next event will be the leaderboard/auction style event. Here's why:
- Server Maintenance
- Gold Sale

Won't happen but players should not use gold and they would drop it if it does come.

Miner
08-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Won't happen but players should not use gold and they would drop it if it does come.

BigJohn -- Are you saying you don't think they're going to bring the leaderboard/auction events to MW?

Big John
08-10-2012, 07:44 AM
BigJohn -- Are you saying you don't think they're going to bring the leaderboard/auction events to MW?

I was trying to say if they bring this event to MW then players shouldn't spend gold on it but they will.

albeezy
08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
And I thought they just wanted to post the gold sale before the event so that people would buy gold in anticipation of the next event, when, if the trend continues, it will be the +2 valor from battles (blue bomber event). You see, they get you to buy your gold before you realize you wouldnt have bought it for and event with a bonus of +2 valor

Miner, you may be correct

Mad
08-10-2012, 08:11 AM
I could see people going up 6 or 7 levels in this type of auction event. I think I will pass.

Arizona
08-10-2012, 08:11 AM
And I thought they just wanted to post the gold sale before the event so that people would buy gold in anticipation of the next event, when, if the trend continues, it will be the +2 valor from battles (blue bomber event). You see, they get you to buy your gold before you realize you wouldnt have bought it for and event with a bonus of +2 valor

Interesting, and that can't be discounted as it makes sense. A poor unit I never really wanted, but what the hell, I have the gold, so let's go for it.

Tanner
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Guys, c'mon, you KNOW that they're putting the finishing touches on the video recording option. It's going to be awesome as it only costs 20 gold/minute of recording. It's gonna be legit.

spectra
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
- Server Maintenance
- Gold Sale

I agree with you, I just hope they are not dumb enough to do that

the problem with that is that even if we all get together and hold ground not using gold during this AUCTIONS, GREEd has "player" in the game and those "player" will use lots of gold to get at the top, and thus, everyone else will think that we have broken the line and will start trying to get into the leaderboard. I think is the same in KA, sometimes I suddently see "NEW PLAYERS" jump onto the leaderboard, thus making all others spend more gems to keep up

the only good thing I saw on the last AUCTION in KA was that the amount of units at the bottom 250 drop from 35 to 26, which means that alot of players are "waking up" and seeing it is not worth it, and thus gems purchase/spending has decrease

Wambo
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree with you, I just hope they are not dumb enough to do that

the problem with that is that even if we all get together and hold ground not using gold during this AUCTIONS, GREEd has "player" in the game and those "player" will use lots of gold to get at the top, and thus, everyone else will think that we have broken the line and will start trying to get into the leaderboard. I think is the same in KA, sometimes I suddently see "NEW PLAYERS" jump onto the leaderboard, thus making all others spend more gems to keep up

the only good thing I saw on the last AUCTION in KA was that the amount of units at the bottom 250 drop from 35 to 26, which means that alot of players are "waking up" and seeing it is not worth it, and thus gems purchase/spending has decrease

"Player" = "Pirates"

Poopenshire
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
"Player" = "Pirates"

not really, just one small part, but even they support the gold ban.

the hard part is the thousands who don't read walls or the forums.

spectra
08-10-2012, 12:54 PM
- Server Maintenance
- Gold Sale

"Player" = "Pirates"

NOPE...................."PLAYERS" = "employees"

dthfrmabv
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Hahaha, lol, i finally see the sun today after a lot of raining

Heard its been raining bad down there... =( flooded in most areas. Hope you keep your self afloat and dry!

Jhoemel
08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Heard its been raining bad down there... =( flooded in most areas. Hope you keep your self afloat and dry!

Yeah thanks. Its now back to normal and its so hot today. I know Im hot but not this hot, lol :p

Kiss Of Death
08-10-2012, 11:49 PM
At the end of the day what makes them more money...

1 million players spending an average of 1 gold per event each with 10 items...

Or 1000 players spending 2000 gold each!?

Answer is simply the new ones make more money from fewer people and until that dries up that is the driving factor...

I don't care as long as fun events like the boss stay or they do an occasional PvP event for low spenders and free players to just "have fun" and compete socially for.

Mcdoc
08-11-2012, 12:51 AM
WoW - Finally an event in CC - I was beginning to think GreeD was on a self imposed Gold ban.

Gambit12
08-12-2012, 07:24 AM
i had the feeling that the event will come out this evening or anytime today...C'mon event we are all ready for u..!!

Jhoemel
08-12-2012, 07:34 AM
There's an event in ka so expect an event soon

BigDog146400220
08-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Hey McD-
Any insight during the meet-up as to why still no event?

Mackdaddy
08-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey McD-
Any insight during the meet-up as to why still no event?

From the conversations on the threads lastnight, this week and it's going to be big. So definitely something new is headed our way. I expect tonight or tomorrow.

Mackdaddy
08-12-2012, 08:03 AM
There's an event in ka so expect an event soon

Hey Jhoemel , when the first screen pops up in KA and it's introducing the event, it shows a mega stat unit. How many get to win it?

Blackstone
08-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Hey Jhoemel , when the first screen pops up in KA and it's introducing the event, it shows a mega stat unit. How many get to win it?

One person

Jhoemel
08-12-2012, 08:16 AM

Yeah only one will win that one man

Mackdaddy
08-12-2012, 08:21 AM
One person

Yeah only one will win that one man

Thanks guys, my son has quit his KA game so trying to decide if I should continue playing it. I played it once to get the Black Shark heli, it's no MW that's for sure.

Zoltarov
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys, my son has quit his KA game so trying to decide if I should continue playing it. I played it once to get the Black Shark heli, it's no MW that's for sure.Hi Mack, Your inbox is full. I play KA as Legolas. Definitely not MW, more for the empty hours.

Front Runner NL
08-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that you need to download a new version of MW to get the new event.
That could explain why the event could start "anytime soon": because of the dependency on Apple to approve the new version of MW to the iTunes/App store.

Probably Gree has submitted the new version already some time ago.

I even guess several weeks ago. Remember the post from CCM who "reserved" a post in the forum and eventually cancelled the post? I speculate that that specific version of MW was denied by Apple, and they had to redo the release.

Mackdaddy
08-12-2012, 08:50 AM
One person

Hi Mack, Your inbox is full. I play KA as Legolas. Definitely not MW, more for the empty hours.

She's empty now Zolt.

BigDog146400220
08-12-2012, 09:06 AM
From the conversations on the threads lastnight, this week and it's going to be big. So definitely something new is headed our way. I expect tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for info Mackdaddy. Doesn't sound good then...was hoping they stay with collect 10 type. Not gonna be happy with leaderboard event if thats what awaits :(

Mackdaddy
08-12-2012, 09:29 AM
One person

Thanks for info Mackdaddy. Doesn't sound good then...was hoping they stay with collect 10 type. Not gonna be happy with leaderboard event if thats what awaits :(

Me too BigDog. Let's keep our fingers crossed its something totally new and fair for everyone. I realize there will be gold spending with any event I just do not like it when main event prizes get out of reach for free players and I'm not a free player.

BigDog146400220
08-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Me too BigDog. Let's keep our fingers crossed its something totally new and fair for everyone. I realize there will be gold spending with any event I just do not like it when main event prizes get out of reach for free players and I'm not a free player.

I'm not a free player either and i will spent gold on bosses and 10 item events where the chance of winning is based on odds or chance. No way will waste thousands of dollars trying to outspend another player to win a prize. Too many people with a lot more disposable income, for me to even try. Way better ways for me to spend my money. I'm just gonna keep hoping it will be good for everyone... Not just the wealthy.

Mcdoc
08-12-2012, 11:22 AM
not really, just one small part, but even they support the gold ban.the hard part is the thousands who don't read walls or the forums.CCM said there are about 2 million accounts and that the boards represent about 0.3% of all players - so not sure if any kind of Ban would really make that big of a dent - unless you sought out every player on the Leaderboard and got them on board with the Forums.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 09:59 AM
MW event delayed because of conflicting thoughts on bringing the auction event to MW vs. keeping the 10 item event?

mickymacirl
08-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Nope, MW event delayed while they test the new security code I'm guessing, have to say I've been impressed with their work in that area, certainly have made it more difficult to cheat and are actively closing down illegal accounts without people having to report them. Hats off and all that.

Copenhagen
08-13-2012, 10:05 AM
CCM said there are about 2 million accounts and that the boards represent about 0.3% of all players - so not sure if any kind of Ban would really make that big of a dent - unless you sought out every player on the Leaderboard and got them on board with the Forums.

I thought I heard him say 250,000 lurkers have hit the forum. Not clear on time frame.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Nope, MW event delayed while they test the new security code I'm guessing, have to say I've been impressed with their work in that area, certainly have made it more difficult to cheat and are actively closing down illegal accounts without people having to report them. Hats off and all that.

And thanks for all the help you supplied MMI!

Skyser30518
08-13-2012, 05:49 PM
So, tonight maybe? What time do they normally start EST?

Mcdoc
08-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I gotta feeling . . . . Next 12 to 28 hours Modern War will become Modern Bidding War :(

Skyser30518
08-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I gotta feeling . . . . Next 12 to 28 hours Modern War will become Modern Bidding War :(
That sucks. I'm a low to mid gold spender. Sitting on 760 in gold right now that I was saving for the next 10 item upgrade event. Oh well, guess I could get some gold money buildings as I've already built the cash ones.

BigDog146400220
08-13-2012, 05:56 PM

I'm still crossing my fingers that it isn't coming (leaderboard style) but you're likely right. If it does, I just wish they would continue to mix in the collect 10's once or twice a month.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah why not go every other week with a collect 10 if you are going to use the auction events. Think a compromise would be better for moral!

Heck no! No auction events please! Thanks.

Regards,

The players

War Priest
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
I think a new event will start tonight. They have the units all made so they shold start it soon.

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 07:47 PM
You thinking box event WP? Or auction type?

Mad
08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
I think a new event will start tonight. They have the units all made so they shold start it soon.

So do you see enough units for the crate event (5 units) or enough units to run an auction event (I think 8 are needed)?

War Priest
08-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Box event I think.

Jhoemel
08-13-2012, 07:52 PM

Where did you see it wP?

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 08:01 PM
What time do events usually start on Tuesday?

Gambit12
08-13-2012, 08:05 PM
i think midnight pacific standard time...

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Where did you see it wP?

I seen the files were made. Strange because they were done on the 9th and 10th. It's now the 13th.

What time do events usually start on Tuesday?

10-12 PST

Gambit12
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I seen the files were made. Strange because they were done on the 9th and 10th. It's now the 13th.

10-12 PST

Where is the files at WP??

Corsair
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Good eye WP, have been checking for new units as well. Looks like more of the nuclear/atomic themed items. Not so sure about the event type, they could always re-use other items. But it does look like not enough new ones for the auction style if that's the way they go. We should see very soon.

BTW, I'm sure you noticed the Emplacement Gunner...that is no turret operator. A turret is a weapon mount that rotates, that's just a gun on a tripod.

ETA: now that I think about it they would probably have to do a client update for an auction, so we should be good for now.

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Good eye WP, have been checking for new units as well. Looks like more of the nuclear/atomic themed items. Not so sure about the event type, they could always re-use other items. But it does look like not enough new ones for the auction style if that's the way they go. We should see very soon.

BTW, I'm sure you noticed the Emplacement Gunner...that is no turret operator. A turret is a weapon mount that rotates, that's just a gun on a tripod.

THANK YOU!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/SeqTheMesiah/IMG_4436.jpg

And it's called a GUNNER! not an operator WTF?

Miner
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
THANK YOU!http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/SeqTheMesiah/IMG_4436.jpgAnd it's called a GUNNER! not an operator WTF? I want one of those!

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 09:37 PM
What a MK19? A 7 Ton MATVR? Or the Turret? These turret's on the 7 tin are not electric like in the MATVS or the MWRAPS

Jhoemel
08-13-2012, 09:49 PM

yeah man can you send me the link. I cant seem to find it

Corsair
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Heh, yeah turret operator has always sounded dumb. But maybe with a big enough turret they would have such a position. Probably still would call them gunners though, who the hell would want to join the military to be a turret "operator"?? Lame.

Seq, you ever been to the USS North Carolina down here. Now *that* is a turret!

Mcdoc
08-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Dang man - this is the LOnGeSt we have gone without an event. I was SURE we'd be banging out items tonight. Oh well - one more day to rest up :)

Fun
08-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Hopefully I finally win an event this time

(not gonna happen)

Jhoemel
08-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Isnt this ironic guys.

When we were having events left and right we are angry and saying we need a break

Now we have a break, we want events :)

BrodawgCanada
08-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Isnt this ironic guys.

When we were having events left and right we are angry and saying we need a break

Now we have a break, we want events :)I totally agree it has become a way of life for us players!!

Jhoemel
08-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, its really ironic 😱

mickymacirl
08-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Hopefully I finally win an event this time

(not gonna happen)

Can win the event, TOTALLY depends on what the reward is! And it is a box event looks like, same screens as normal.

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 05:34 AM
I personally don't care, they cost too much cash and they are not available on Android making the game exceptionally uneven since those players are up against IOS players who can get these units!

mickymacirl
08-14-2012, 05:36 AM
I personally don't care, they cost too much cash and they are not available on Android making the game exceptionally uneven since those players are up against IOS players who can get these units!

Wow I never realized it was the same player base, I may install on android and have some fun

Blackstone
08-14-2012, 05:51 AM

Maybe that explains why some dude left a message on my wall asking where I got so many toys. I figured he was just an idiot or a n00b but maybe just an android user lol.

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Wow I never realized it was the same player base, I may install on android and have some fun

Yup same player base, a certain someone is going to get a big surprise shortly.....

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Maybe that explains why some dude left a message on my wall asking where I got so many toys. I figured he was just an idiot or a n00b but maybe just an android user lol.

Could very well explain it, lots of nice soft targets down in the low levels still not very fair though the way things are. Oh and there was no discount on gold either when the IOS players got it last weekend.

Mackdaddy
08-14-2012, 06:05 AM
That is very lop sided! They better get it fixed before the android players find out. A lot may quit.

mickymacirl
08-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Yup same player base, a certain someone is going to get a big surprise shortly.....

Wow, they must be new at this android stuff, holes holes holes!

War Priest
08-14-2012, 08:02 AM

ETA: now that I think about it they would probably have to do a client update for an auction, so we should be good for now.

THANK YOU!

And it's called a GUNNER! not an operator WTF?

I know, but come on! This is the closest to a turret "operator" that it's going to get.

I think it would rotate the part is just hidding behind the shield. A mini gun that can't rotate and just sitting in one position defeats the purpose a little bit.

By the way Seq, we tried to tell Flan it's gunner not operator but he demanded it was turret operator.

albeezy
08-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Well the poll is closed and the FLANcraft carrier won. So chalk another unit up to the beast that is FLAN. Might be a modern war first to have a unit named after a forum and game player

mickymacirl
08-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I choose FLANcarrier because it was the worse named unit there.

albeezy
08-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I choose FLANcarrier because it was the worse named unit there.
haha, for all the help you give the devs there should be a unit with a guy behind a laptop with a little radar or something and call it the "MM-IRL Interrogation Operative"

Tail gunner
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Has anyone got any more idea on when the next event will take place?....i'm off to Scotland with work tomorrow for 3 days and was hoping to have it done and dusted before i went.

Bronson
08-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Has anyone got any more idea on when the next event will take place?....i'm off to Scotland with work tomorrow for 3 days and was hoping to have it done and dusted before i went.

Haven't they got wifi in Scotland??

Tail gunner
08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Haven't they got wifi in Scotland??

Haha.....i cant take my i-pad with me as the mrs is always on it.

I think i need to buy another one just for Modern War puposes!

BigDog146400220
08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Sitting at work bored... Waiting on event splash sceen to pop out! Lol

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Haha.....i cant take my i-pad with me as the mrs is always on it.

I think i need to buy another one just for Modern War puposes!

Not sure about the Apple UK online store but the Canadian one had wifi 16gb iPad 3's last night in the refurbished area for $50 off msrp.....

Or a cheap Android tablet though not sure if you can transfer for IOS to Android, it is the same database.... One of my test units is Running Android 4 and cost $109 cdn new.

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
That is very lop sided! They better get it fixed before the android players find out. A lot may quit.

Hmmm thanks for reminding me, need to send in a ticket and post this on my Android players walls......

Vito Corleone
08-14-2012, 09:48 AM
I just installed this APP for Android but I have noticed that I don't get any event!
Is the events available for Android?:p

Agent Orange
08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
No we appear to be screwed on Android, no events or gold sales so far.

Got a reply back on the ticket I sent in this morning. Really fast reply, granted they just replied that they are working on it and will make an announcement in game and in the forum.

Q Raider
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Perhaps the reason for the next event delay. Working to include the android players.

Lawyer
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Waiting...waiting...waiting.....

Ryans67
08-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I stayed up late just to see if it would start tonight, since it seems to be a favorite start time. Disappointing!

Mad
08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I am thinking the recent security upgrades in MW are somehow affecting the performance of the events. Just a guess mind you.

If this is the case, I would not be surprised to see an MW upgrade showing up in Itunes soon.

Not too disappointed, as I am planning to set out the next couple events anyway as I need to do some serious camping.

NOTE: This may explain why MW was pulled off the front page rotation, they are trying to slow down downloads of the old version.

zippy79
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Wish they would hurry up!

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I hope they sync up with the Android players first, otherwise I think those of us playing on the Android platform are due some sort of compensation! ;)

- no events
- no gold sales
- no boss challenges
- no rankings
= no free indestructible units

Corsair
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
There are 5 new items published today out on the server, so I'm guessing they'll start tonight, latest tomorrow night. The ones published a few days ago were all LEs or crate items. Some pretty cool looking units, 2 ground and 1 each other.

Save your energy!

BrodawgCanada
08-15-2012, 09:06 PM
There are 5 new items published today out on the server, so I'm guessing they'll start tonight, latest tomorrow night. The ones published a few days ago were all LEs or crate items. Some pretty cool looking units, 2 ground and 1 each other.

Save your energy!Where do you see these files at??

Mad
08-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Save your energy!

That would be a regular crate event, then.

Ryans67
08-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I was gonna go to bed..... But now I guess I'll stay up a bit to see. If they go with a standard crate event, I would suppose that the big new event CCMark promised is having issues???

Mcdoc
08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Got a full clip of energy - was about to pound on the Admiral - but I can wait 15 more minutes just to see :)

Ryans67
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
So mcdoc, do you have contacts with any dj's in Sacramento? I've got a good friend that's pretty big in the business, in Sacramento.

Copenhagen
08-16-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm loosing more sleep waiting for the next event to start then actually having the event going!

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 12:57 AM
I've bad news cope, check ur PM

Mcdoc
08-16-2012, 01:02 AM
So mcdoc, do you have contacts with any dj's in Sacramento? I've got a good friend that's pretty big in the business, in Sacramento.Not really - I've been here in San Diego for 18 years. Never been to Sac except to visit my daughter when she was at Sac State last year. That's the thing about DJ's - they can get very popular in their city but no one on the other end of the state ever heard of ya :)

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Ya its a box event but with an added bonus none of us will get :P

Vballmadam
08-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey Micky does it say when it will begin? And...what does PUN stand for?

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey Micky does it say when it will begin? And...what does PUN stand for?

I'm guessing tonight, for the weekend Vbal, got ur PM btw haven't had time to reply yet! The event bonus is pretty amazing actually, but like I said I doubt most of us will be able to get it. Boss unit removes rivals allies.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Sent you a PM V

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Looks like new boss event as well, Illuminati Hit Squad

scheung1980
08-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Sorry to be a pain guys...

Can some please post up as soon as the crate event starts...

My phone only kicks in on the 4th day....

Is this strange?

Thanks guys

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Ya that is strange, usually there's a few posts when it starts, usually from the likes of McDoc :P

siL
08-16-2012, 02:30 AM
hey Micky, would you mind sending my that PM also?? thanks mate, really appreciate it!!

MadManDK
08-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up, just looked at it myself. Very interesting, if they go through with it.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 03:49 AM
oh and ya its a 25 item event.....

Jhoemel
08-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Can you send me the pm micky?

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 04:22 AM
sorry j, sent

leo23
08-16-2012, 04:29 AM
oh and ya its a 25 item event.....

Interesting! Could you please send a PM to me as well mate if you don't mind? Cheers.

Jhoemel
08-16-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks micky. It finally comes to mw

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Micky, don't suppose you could pm me as well please mate? Thanks

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 04:52 AM
I'd rather not, I'm more than likely gonna get in trouble as it is! :(

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Ok mate fair enough

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Doesn't sound good anyways

leo23
08-16-2012, 04:59 AM
I'd rather not, I'm more than likely gonna get in trouble as it is! :( It's too late mate, no going back now :)

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 05:02 AM
hey cas, it's not bad in any way really, it was only a matter of time before they introduce 25 items for an event on MW, just means people will have to spend more if they use gold.

I have only ever experienced 1 high amount event and it was horrible, in CC. I got to 16 out of 25.

I haven't checked the % rates for the new 25 item event yet, so I cannot tell you if its gonna be the same % chance to get to 25 rather than 10, but it would make sense that they increase the % rate of parts over 25, at least I hope so.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 05:06 AM
It's too late mate, no going back now :)

heh very true! lets hope I don't get banned again !

leo23
08-16-2012, 05:08 AM
It sounds like spend ridiculous amount and win the item. Hard luck winning the similar event in KA, let alone spending tons of gold for MW if it comes. More reasons to camp and keep upgrading IMO :)

Doesn't sound good anyways

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 05:09 AM
hey cas, it's not bad in any way really, it was only a matter of time before they introduce 25 items for an event on MW, just means people will have to spend more if they use gold.

I have only ever experienced 1 high amount event and it was horrible, in CC. I got to 16 out of 25.

I haven't checked the % rates for the new 25 item event yet, so I cannot tell you if its gonna be the same % chance to get to 25 rather than 10, but it would make sense that they increase the % rate of parts over 25, at least I hope so.

Fingers crossed on the drop rate, I've been cutting back on gold and this might sway it either way

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Fingers crossed on the drop rate, I've been cutting back on gold and this might sway it either way

Why are you even buying gold when you have the low cas glitch? Don't waste your money.

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 05:29 AM
I like the bonuses, have about 10 of the previous items but I'm so close to thinking sod it and Level up, build the high item valor army along with farming high level loot

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 05:37 AM
I wouldn't rely on the low cas glitch though, because I know several people who are making it their mission to get it fixed.

Agent Orange
08-16-2012, 06:15 AM
The other area which nobody is looking at is specifically targeting their units, for example it seems several of these 'glitchers' have 1000 to 1400 Hornets so what happens if you throw 1400 Global Hawk Drones at them?

Q Raider
08-16-2012, 06:16 AM
I think if you get to 15 of 25 using cash opens then you will be doing well. The KA events are consistently stalling out for me on two players at around this point.

With the ever increasing cost for the cash opens I am thinking that there isn't much point in doing the events with my HLP as the lower units are probably not going to be utilized anyway. Will do the Elite events to the Max cash hits which will only be 7 or 8 and as for the auction events going to go with AO's option of just hitting the free option.

LLP will get a lot further in the Elite events just with cash and will use the cash open option for the auction events.

Overall the auction event seems a counterproductive move, I guess there must be enough players who get caught up in the moment and spend a lot og Gold chasing the top spot to have them consider this as a good move.

albeezy
08-16-2012, 06:19 AM
The other area which nobody is looking at is specifically targeting their units, for example it seems several of these 'glitchers' have 1000 to 1400 Hornets so what happens if you throw 1400 Global Hawk Drones at them?
Want to spot me $700 million so we can find out?

Q Raider
08-16-2012, 06:20 AM

I have always been under the impression that the units are selected purely on the Defence figures, not that the system optimizes your Defence to challenge a specific attack.

Based on this I try to get as many strong against into what I know should be going. To Defence based on stats.

Q Raider
08-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Want to spot me $700 million so we can find out?

Build a lumber mill and use the profit from cropping a few of those trees.... :-)

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 06:41 AM

People who have the glitch only have that number of valor units because they don't die, ever, I haven't tried with Global Hawks but I have on LL test characters using pretty much all Avengers being brought to battle, still has no affect.

CasualPlayer
08-16-2012, 06:47 AM
This is BORING! Where the hell are the events? Come on!!!!

Idiokus
08-16-2012, 07:17 AM
This is BORING! Where the hell are the events? Come on!!!!

Yes please!!!! New boss, 10 item crates give us something too long of a wait...hello everybody!

Agent Orange
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
As I posted before Android players are not seeing events, gold bonus or Rankings which is a major tactical disadvantage. If a new event is only released on IOS then I would expect Android players to file reports and ask for compensation.

What is the big hurry anyway, I find these events a waste of time and cash in the higher levels.

Not to mention the devs not tapping all these new players......

ucantwin1
08-16-2012, 08:41 AM

Micky - so you're saying collect 25 "parts" to obtain the top prize and I'm guessing that every 5 parts awards a unit. This sounds eerily similar to KA leader board events- "Rune boxes" or "Magic Ark" collecting. In these events the top 250 collectors are awarded a strong unit and the top 50 are awarded a stronger unit with an additional benefit. Yeah?

I remember seeing some posts awhile back saying it was just a matter of time before these event hit MW. I'm not particularly fond of this format myself.

Warfiend
08-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I think if you get to 15 of 25 using cash opens then you will be doing well. The KA events are consistently stalling out for me on two players at around this point.
That is doing well. Just getting to 10 in the KA events has been as rare for me as 10 in the old crate events. And the 10 part prize is nothing to write home about.

That being said, I'll make the best of it. Glad we have the boss events.

Ryans67
08-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Right now I'd take just about any event. lol.

albeezy
08-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Build a lumber mill and use the profit from cropping a few of those trees.... :-)
I am saving and stockpiling my forest until CCM gets the devs to implement the SELL ALL DECORATIONS button so that I can sell them all at once. 600+ palms @ 25k each - 15 million

Wouldnt that be a great idea to make free players happy. Never going to happen, but would be cool. Of course, if they ever got the 200 palm tree limit working properly (currently only works sporatically) it would diminish the value, but 200 @ 25k would still be a quick 5 million.

spectra
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Right now I'd take just about any event. lol.

not really because if they bring the AUCTIONS to MW, that would mean that there is no way in HELL a little spender or free player will ever get again a unit with a bonus

I will give u an example of what would it be if the AUCTIONS come to MW:
right now KA has that type of AUCTIONS and the top 50 players (getting a unit with a bonus) are about in the 40 parts and still 30 hours left in the event which means the top 50 will end with a low of at least 50 parts
right now to be in the top 250 is about 18 parts, which probably will end at 24 parts (that would give u an idea that not many get #25) and the unit does not have a bonus

now put real cash...top 50 players have to spend at least $200 real cash to stay at the top 50, the number 1 player (who hets a unit with huge stats and an even bigger bonus) has open as of yesterday 598 BOXES which at 40 GEMS a pop, means about $1,600 real cash just to be #1
by experience and reading the KA forum during all the past events, about 95% of players get stuck between #14 and if lucky at #21, only a VERY VERY FEW MAKE TO #25 using only medium/free options, while in the original MW events, you new at least you can get 3 units for sure, and hope for number 4, while with the AUCTIONS you will be lucky if you get 3 units

on top of that the BOSS EVENTS 97% of players get stuck on boss #11 or less.

SAD DAYS COMING TO MW...........this AUCTIONS (because they are not really events) are just to milk CASH COWS by GREEd

Ssne
08-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Totally right. The KA events are terrible compared to MW and the only way to get into the top ranges is to spend a lot of real $. I am on 12 and 13 and have been for 36 hours, using all cash opens. Part of me just wants to stop opening, b/c I have to do PVE to get any of the "crates." they don't show up at all PVP so it's driving level-ups much quicker than I'd like.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Totally right. The KA events are terrible compared to MW and the only way to get into the top ranges is to spend a lot of real $. I am on 12 and 13 and have been for 36 hours, using all cash opens. Part of me just wants to stop opening, b/c I have to do PVE to get any of the "crates." they don't show up at all PVP so it's driving level-ups much quicker than I'd like.

I think we all agree that events make people level, and it may not be designed, but it's a good offshoot for Funzio.

Miner
08-16-2012, 10:32 AM
They're coming guys. No way around it. And I have a "feeling" (quotes are there for a reason) that it will be soon.

Mad
08-16-2012, 10:46 AM
not really because if they bring the AUCTIONS to MW, that would mean that there is no way in HELL a little spender or free player will ever get again a unit with a bonus

I will give u an example of what would it be if the AUCTIONS come to MW:
right now KA has that type of AUCTIONS and the top 50 players (getting a unit with a bonus) are about in the 40 parts and still 30 hours left in the event which means the top 50 will end with a low of at least 50 parts
right now to be in the top 250 is about 18 parts, which probably will end at 24 parts (that would give u an idea that not many get #25) and the unit does not have a bonus

now put real cash...top 50 players have to spend at least $200 real cash to stay at the top 50, the number 1 player (who hets a unit with huge stats and an even bigger bonus) has open as of yesterday 598 BOXES which at 40 GEMS a pop, means about $1,600 real cash just to be #1
by experience and reading the KA forum during all the past events, about 95% of players get stuck between #14 and if lucky at #21, only a VERY VERY FEW MAKE TO #25 using only medium/free options, while in the original MW events, you new at least you can get 3 units for sure, and hope for number 4, while with the AUCTIONS you will be lucky if you get 3 units

on top of that the BOSS EVENTS 97% of players get stuck on boss #11 or less.

SAD DAYS COMING TO MW...........this AUCTIONS (because they are not really events) are just to milk CASH COWS by GREEd

Yeah, it does not sound like this is an event I want to participate in. A person would level up like crazy in this type of event. I think GREE is making a mistake trying to get people to level up so quickly. Many are simply unprepared for the higher levels. I think GREE's theory is if they can get people to level up fast, they will be forced to buy gold to continue on. However, I suspect most are just quitting instead.

I would think the more people you have playing the more will buy gold. People who have left the game won't spend. The attrition rate must be high for MW.

Now to be fair, the Boss events are a great way for free and low gold buyers to get gold units and some of them are pretty decent. And from statements made by people in Whale territory the Boss event is geared to helping the lower levels.

One thing they could do is keep the first 10 like they do now, where you get units at 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 (with the final unit being a nice bonus unit as in the past crate events) and then add a bigger bonus for 25 and 50 if they want. This would be a bonus for the higher level players wanting to spend money.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Nope, it's sadly, gonna be 5 10 15 20 25 with the top 25 (not sure) and top 250 getting the bonuses. Lets hope I'm very wrong!

Luke7676
08-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I hope your very wrong too, Micky. I'd be one unhappy camper and I'm sure a lot of others would be too.

Corsair
08-16-2012, 12:23 PM
He's not wrong, Mickey knows what he's talking about. I wasn't thinking last night, 5 units does 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 just as well as 3, 5, 7, 9, 10. And the mega unit was published weeks ago. I actually missed one, so there's 6, not sure why.

I'll do free opens but that's it. That's a lousy bonus anyways. Better return on investment from the boss events.

spectra
08-16-2012, 12:32 PM
VERY SAD DAYS TO COME TO MW

this AUCTIONS will definetly ruin the game for 97% of the players
and I do not think the big spenders will really buy into the #1 unit with such a lame bonus, something they do not really need 99.9 of the time they win anyways..

Miner
08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
He's not wrong, Mickey knows what he's talking about. I wasn't thinking last night, 5 units does 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 just as well as 3, 5, 7, 9, 10. And the mega unit was published weeks ago. I actually missed one, so there's 6, not sure why.

I'll do free opens but that's it. That's a lousy bonus anyways. Better return on investment from the boss events.

Sent you a PM on this topic.

Warfiend
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Now to be fair, the Boss events are a great way for free and low gold buyers to get gold units and some of them are pretty decent. And from statements made by people in Whale territory the Boss event is geared to helping the lower levels.

And they don't push you up in levels either. Last event I downed 13 bosses for three rares and three uncommons, with less than half a level's worth of xp accumulated. 40 tapjoy gold spent. That was an exceptional win for me, Lowball average is 1 rare and 2 uncommons per event so far.

But the key thing is I can do 4 boss events for the same xp as I was averaging in a single crate event, so the stat boost for the same leveling is a lot higher on average. Downside is I'm not ranking in the process or earning valor and no shot at a bonus. But that means I can save the valor missions for the next pvp tourney and make that really count, and the bonuses were very rare wins anyway.

So even though I have a low opinion of the auction events and would love for the old crate events to stay, the boss events make it a glass 5/8ths full thing for my free player strategy. Unless the units for 5 and 10 are better than they are in KA and getting to 10 is easier than in KA, I'm just going to sit the new events out or drop out at 5. Won't even remotely be worth the leveling otherwise. Unless I'm at one of those points where I'm ready to level.

BigDog146400220
08-16-2012, 01:32 PM
McDoc -

With the looming expectations of the new style auction coming, you should go ahead change title of this thread or start a new one titled "No worthwhile event yet?". :)

Blackstone
08-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I can't wait to barely being able to get to 5 items for a weak unit. Awesome!

spectra
08-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Unfortunatly for MW players the AUCTION will probably start this afternoon sometime after 5pm, Pacific time

GET YOUR WALLETS READY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for those that want to be on the top 250 and top 50
and

GET YOUR KEY TO FORT KNOX READY for that player that wants to be #1.............

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

albeezy
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Unfortunatly for MW players the AUCTION will probably start this afternoon sometime after 5pm, Pacific time

GET YOUR WALLETS READY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for those that want to be on the top 250 and top 50
and

GET YOUR KEY TO FORT KNOX READY for that player that wants to be #1.............

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would make sense if they launched the auction style like they did in KA with a bonus for the top bracket of upgrading two buildings at once. I would like that unit, but am not going to spend megabucks to get it.

Skyser30518
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
There is one bright side to the auction events. I found myself staying up all night and setting timers in the old 10 crate events in KA. Now I just open one if I remember and am around my iPad. I actually get sleep.

ucantwin1
08-16-2012, 02:46 PM
BOOOOOOO on the Auction style event

spectra
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Would make sense if they launched the auction style like they did in KA with a bonus for the top bracket of upgrading two buildings at once. I would like that unit, but am not going to spend megabucks to get it.

Rumors has it that the "big" bonus is "rivals bring 3 less allies to battle"

We will see what happens when it actually starts, in a way will work for me, since I need to do some serious camping
thus all I am doing now is collecting, upgrading and using my energy to farm cash to buy carrier/stealth and save for upgrades

procsyzarc
08-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Well then your not going to get it are you?

Everyone would like it but if you aren't prepared to spend $5000+ you won't get it

albeezy
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Well then your not going to get it are you?

Everyone would like it but if you aren't prepared to spend $5000+ you won't get it
Truer words have never been spoken. This past break with no event though has shown me how little time I can spend on this game when I am not logging in every hour to open a crate. It is kind of nice. I am not doing crate events in KA (only boss events) and it is nice to just pop-in, collect, pop-out. Less time in game is better for me if I am not going to bet a bogus err... I mean bonus item!

EDIT: I also QUIT CC after auction events started! Hooray for me!

spectra
08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Here is some GREEdy facts

out of the last four KA event 3 were won by WildStallion (the other he let a friend win, he was happy to be at the top 50)
for the current KA event he had opened as of yesterday, 598 boxes at 40 GEMS per box is 23,920 GEMS
divided by 1,500 per vault = 15.94 @ $99.99 each vault, he has spent about $1,600 real cash so far in 1 AUCTION!!!

Top 50 players the low is now at 44 PARTS and keep raising, would probably end at about 55, which means they have spent in average about $400 real cash

THIS IS WHAT GREEd think (and are probably right) will happen in MW, tons of players spending an average of $400 per event to stay in the top 50 (if they leave it at 50, it seem it will be top 25 here) which might increase the amount to be spend

So pretty much all 3 Funzio games are now set for money spenders that will try to BID their way into getting a "vistual prize" while the rest of the player can concentrate in upgrades, collecting and trying to get 2 free units (that most likely will never be taken to battle)

albeezy
08-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Here is some GREEdy facts: out of the last four KA event 3 were won by WildStallion (the other he let a friend win, he was happy to be at the top 50) for the current KA event he had opened as of yesterday, 598 boxes at 40 GEMS per box is 23,920 GEMS
divided by 1,500 per vault = 15.94 @ $99.99 each vault, he has spent about $1,600 real cash so far in 1 AUCTION!!!

So Spectra, do you know Wildstallion (plays his air guitar in honor of bill and ted) or just speculating?

spectra
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
So Spectra, do you know Wildstallion (plays his air guitar in honor of bill and ted) or just speculating?

from his answer in KA forum :p
and we have exchange wall notes and are allies ;)

albeezy
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
from his answer in KA forum :p
and we have exchange wall notes and are allies ;)
Cool. So we can expect to average 1 item per 3 opens assuming they are all gold resets and opens? Great! Hve to do McDocs method every hour of every day of the event. Awesome!

procsyzarc
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
The top prize is cheaper in KA since there seems to be less demand (or because they increased the price there) I would imagine MW will be more like crime city with only 25 getting the prize and the winner being over 300 items

Corsair
08-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Actually the way it is looking right now the mega-prize goes to the top item collector for each country. So 6 people will get it. Don't know if there will be any top 250/top 25 awards, but I would guess so since they put out 6 new units not including the mega-unit.

Ryans67
08-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Who really cares about bringing 3 less allies to battle??? Thats what, 12 less units? With a density of 100, that is a laughable difference. Am I missing something? I'd rather have the 2 extra valor bonus.

albeezy
08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
It's more about a unit with 1k/1k Plus stats than the bonus.

spectra
08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Actually the way it is looking right now the mega-prize goes to the top item collector for each country. So 6 people will get it. Don't know if there will be any top 250/top 25 awards, but I would guess so since they put out 6 new units not including the mega-unit.

Interesting, then there will be 6 MEGA SPENDERs BIDDING for the #1 spot per country, that way they get more "milk" from the "cash cows"

Mad
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Who really cares about bringing 3 less allies to battle??? Thats what, 12 less units? With a density of 100, that is a laughable difference. Am I missing something? I'd rather have the 2 extra valor bonus.

I suspect at the high levels in the mega battles between the massive gold armies of the whales, this could make a huge difference.

Ryans67
08-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I thought all the massive gold armies were friends? And even if your talking 250 density, it's still only 3,000 raw stats.

I suppose bragging rights for having the largest "unit".....

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
So what is this new event that's supposed to come out, can someone explain how it works?

Crime City Mark
08-16-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38641-Atomic-Box-Event!

albeezy
08-16-2012, 04:26 PM
I suppose bragging rights for having the largest "unit".....
bwahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

albeezy
08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
that pretty much sums it up

spectra
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM

talk about a SPOILER CCM...........way to go :)

now will people can see what is coming to MW

Sad days for MW...Hope you guys get a pay raise :)

Cheers

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
As Cartman would say, "weaaaaak"

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I can only imagine how much gold someone is going to spend in HOPES of having the most to obtain the final unit. Good marketing ,lol

albeezy
08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
IGood marketing ,lol
Except that the advertisement uses CC items and not MW ones!

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm sure it's merely as an example. But he lists the prizes. I mean it's good marketing in terms of whoever came up with that style of an event because realistically, it's going to be a lot of gold to get the top spot. Their going to be raking in the money

spectra
08-16-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm sure it's merely as an example. But he lists the prizes. I mean it's good marketing in terms of whoever came up with that style of an event because realistically, it's going to be a lot of gold to get the top spot. Their going to be raking in the money

not really SP
in KA that was the case at first, but after a couple of event I have been seen less players participation, it seem it is always the same players in the top and the see they will never get to #1 they just "slowdown" enough to stay in the top 50/250
I guess at first it will get crazy, but after a couple of event even the big spender will see that "hey, I will never beat "xxx" so I guess I will just spend enough to get the unit with bonus

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 04:57 PM
But that's for the top prize right ? Aren't their still lots of other units a player can obtain just like any other event? What am I missing here. It looks like a normal crate event , only difference is, if you want that #1 unit, a person is going to have use good to get as many fusion things as possible. But can the average player still get a unit or two free

BigDog146400220
08-16-2012, 04:58 PM

None of mine. All they had to do was a 10 box event with another "building upgrade cost reduction" they would have made as much money off me as was required to hit 10 (not that im a big spender cause im not) but i wouldnt have stopped til i got it. Now they nada for this one. :)

spectra
08-16-2012, 05:04 PM
But that's for the top prize right ? Aren't their still lots of other units a player can obtain just like any other event? What am I missing here. It looks like a normal crate event , only difference is, if you want that #1 unit, a person is going to have use good to get as many fusion things as possible. But can the average player still get a unit or two free

this are the units you will get for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 parts. see their stats, they are ridiculous, perhaps only the last 2 will ever see battle, and those are as hard to get at the #10 in the old style events

Hardened Contractor infantry 31 37
Wicked Thunderbolt air 52 44
Autonomous Sherman ground 74 73
Legion Transport sea 115 135
Storm Tank ground 115 245

Corsair
08-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Those stats are good, 95% of players would use them, at least. If the odds aren't as bad as in KA it would be OK, but I doubt that will happen.

And self, with a 10 box event, free players could get the bonus unit, no chance of that with this event. Plus you have to get more items for the prizes, so you need to use more cash.

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Those stats aren't bad. If a person only brings those last two, then they have a major gold army. I get what your saying though, pretty much no chance of a high end unit with a bonus now,not as a free or even a moderate gold spender, not in this event at least. But if they continue this type of event , then it must of been a success in KA ( for gree that is ),maybe not so much for the player

albeezy
08-16-2012, 05:27 PM
the $40 I spent to get the 20% upgrade times seems like an even better use of the only money I spent on this game. Sorry for bringing that back up WP

Warfiend
08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
this are the units you will get for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 parts. see their stats, they are ridiculous, perhaps only the last 2 will ever see battle, and those are as hard to get at the #10 in the old style events

For me in KA, getting the second one with all cash has been as hard as getting the top prize in the old style events. I've only done it once I believe. Usually get stuck at 9(sound familiar?)

So it's basically been like all the work and open attempts of the old events, but instead of ending up with 4 units of varying power if I get stuck at 9, I end up with one that is meh for the effort.

I'm going to give the first one a shot and see if I have better luck before I completely write it off.

Selfproclaimed
08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Plus side, if it turns out to be as bad as a lot of people are expecting. I can go back to camping. I'm glad it's been " some" time since we had an event so I can camp and relax for a bit . I'm getting tired of constantly having to tend to my iPad ,just for a game.

Warfiend
08-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Plus side, if it turns out to be as bad as a lot of people are expecting. I can go back to camping. I'm glad it's been " some" time since we had an event so I can camp and relax for a bit.

Yeah, I agree. This time off has been very productive for me in game. Economy has jumped about 40k and base has been expanded. If this new event proves as tough for me as the KA one, I'll just focus on expansion and expensive upgrades while I'm still in levels that a free player can do them in peace.

I didn't start playing this game for the events so I'm not about to quit over them.

Liquidsky
08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
at what level do you start to get these events? (i tried searching but just about every thread on this board came up as a result)

Brettm_001
08-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Event is up. Update is available on the app store. Already need 10 to get to the top 250. Camping here I come.

Gambit12
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Hardened Contractor infantry 31 37
Wicked Thunderbolt air 52 44
Autonomous Sherman ground 74 73
Legion Transport sea 115 135
Storm Tank ground 115 245

How do you know those event units are coming out? Do you have relatives that works at funzio or something??

Corsair
08-16-2012, 10:34 PM
How do you know those event units are coming out? Do you have relatives that works at funzio or something??Yep, his name is Uncle Mark: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38641-Atomic-Box-Event!