PDA

View Full Version : Is upgrading the infarmary worth it...

dthfrmabv
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I am late member of the forum and had learned many of my actions as mistakes and mismanagement as a result of many of my readings on the forum postings.

At my level I can (with shame) say I have a poor economy, a massed practically worthless units, over allied, and energy/stamina points when I can have diverted those to Defense or Attack skill points so on and so forth.

Before I go on to another blunder - I would like to get an opinion if upgrading the Infirmary is even worth it. I am currently focusing on working on my eco and defense (CF) right now but would like to slide in from time to time an upgrade of the infirmary.

I am loosing too much units when I am attacked and costing me to replenish it due to poor economy.

Thanks for any comments and advice.

Jhoemel
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I think its not worth it. You cant see the less casualty reduction boost

dthfrmabv
08-08-2012, 08:38 PM
I think its not worth it. You cant see the less casualty reduction boost

So just leave that be and up my CF instead and eco? By the way thanks for the quick reply.

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I lose just as many units as before I ever bought or upgraded the Infirmary. I swear now I lose more. But then again I have the ultra high casualty glitch.

dthfrmabv
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Jhoemel - Filipino ka? I see you post a lot but didn't notice your location till now...

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
i feel every boost building is worth it. you may not notice the difference from lvl to lvl. but from 1 to 10 I'm sure you would. but then again i don't have it and it is still based on chance

Think about it this way:

"Every time you go into battle, EACH unit taken in rolls a dice. the dice determines its fate. if one is chosen to die, it decreases the chance of the next being chosen as well." - Paraphrasing Crime City Mark

The infirmary decreases the probability of every unit being chosen by 20% when the dice is rolled. get it?

Jp lfs
08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I think the general opinion is that better unit choices have a larger impact than infirmary upgrades.

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 08:42 PM
The infirmary alone. I say it'll be hard to even notice a difference in casualties. If you have one of the units from the past that have 20% less casualties. Then I would say, go ahead and upgrade it. But you might not see the differnce less it uograded to lvl10. With the 20% reduction from another unit.

Ps. I have 2 units with 20% reduction, a 2% unit also. And lvl 3 infirmary. It does help me but if I go toe to toe with someone at my stats, I'm gonna lose multiple units still.

dthfrmabv
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
i feel every boost building is worth it. you may not notice the difference from lvl to lvl. but from 1 to 10 I'm sure you would.

Think about it this way:

"Every time you go into battle, EACH unit taken in rolls a dice. the dice determines its fate. if one is chosen to die, it decreases the chance of the next being chosen as well." - Paraphrasing Crime City Mark

The infirmary decreases the probability of every unit being chosen by 20% when the dice is rolled. get it?

Ahhh - point taken. So would you consider upping CF first or Infirmary. While CF will boost you raw defense, you might still loose a significant amount of units specially from those with a high stamina points. On the other hand upgrading the infirmary will lower your chances of loosing units but your vulnerable to raiders with higher attack points...

Thanks for the reply

manbeast
08-08-2012, 08:46 PM
composites factory should definitely be upgraded before infirmary.

i'd take the infirmary up to about lvl 6. anything past that is way too time consuming.

edit- my composites factory is lvl 10, my infirmary is lvl 6.

i do not think the infirmary has any effect, at all, on losses. I also have a BDF, which gave me a 20% casualty reduction over night. my casualties actually went up by 20%.

long story shirt- casualty reduction in modern war means nothing.

dthfrmabv
08-08-2012, 08:52 PM
To the wise men of MW (and women) thank you for your quick response!

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I think the infirmary is not worth the ground it sits on. Which turns out to be exactly 8 land squares(or so it seems).

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
No seriously though that thing is Oprah big.

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:17 PM
The infirmary could simultaneously treat every person living in their own room on their own floor if it had to.

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:19 PM
It's not small at all.

Jhoemel
08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Jhoemel - Filipino ka? I see you post a lot but didn't notice your location till now...

Yes, filipino ako :)

Mad
08-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah I have no idea if the infirmary works. The problem is you don't know what you would have lost without it. Unfortunately as we level up the stakes and losses grow, so it really hard to tell if it is working.

One way MW could show it working is by simply providing compensation for losses. For example, if you have a 10% reduction rate because of your level 5 infirmary, if you lose units worth $500k, it would deposit 10% or $50,000 in your account. It would of course do the same for valour units -- deposit valour.

The biggest problem is we don't see it doing anything. It may be working but we just can't tell. Even if a pop up box popped up and said this unit was saved from destruction would help.

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:43 PM
does anyone have a lvl 10 infirmary?? it could be that it's benefit increases exponentially at higher lvls (9&10).

bushobama
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I seriously doubt many people have it to lvl 9 or 10 for us to get a meaningful sample unfortunately...

Mad
08-08-2012, 09:51 PM
does anyone have a lvl 10 infirmary?? it could be that it's benefit increases exponentially at higher lvls (9&10).

I don't have a level 10 infirminary, but I did win the 20% casualty reduction a couple weeks back and I haven't lost a unit since. I don't know if the unit and infirmary work on the same principles or not. I also received the helicopter for signing up with KA. I think it provided a 2% reduction. Because I already had these two units I decided to set up the infirmary.

I am camping and only PVPing for the sake of the Boss event, so that may not be a good measure of unit losses.

bushobama
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't have a level 10 infirminary, but I did win the 20% casualty reduction a couple weeks back and I haven't lost a unit since. I don't know if the unit and infirmary work on the same principles or not. I also received the helicopter for signing up with KA. I think it provided a 2% reduction. Because I already had these two units I decided to set up the infirmary.

I am camping and only PVPing for the sake of the Boss event, so that may not be a good measure of unit losses.

zero losses with the 20% unit is good any way you slice it... congrats. I bought a little gold going for the 20% casualty reduction but failed miserably at 8 or 9 items. The only event I won of course required no gold.

bushobama
08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah I have no idea if the infirmary works. The problem is you don't know what you would have lost without it. Unfortunately as we level up the stakes and losses grow, so it really hard to tell if it is working.

One way MW could show it working is by simply providing compensation for losses. For example, if you have a 10% reduction rate because of your level 5 infirmary, if you lose units worth $500k, it would deposit 10% or $50,000 in your account. It would of course do the same for valour units -- deposit valour.

The biggest problem is we don't see it doing anything. It may be working but we just can't tell. Even if a pop up box popped up and said this unit was saved from destruction would help.

I also think this is a good idea, too late unfortunately.

Mad
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
zero losses with the 20% unit is good any way you slice it... congrats. I bought a little gold going for the 20% casualty reduction but failed miserably at 8 or 9 items. The only event I won of course required no gold.

It is too early to tell at this point. But I have lost units in the past and it has essentially stopped for now. I will know better over the next couple of weeks.

John Snow
08-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I sucked it up last month and upgraded to lvl 10 after losing a couple of carriers and a handful of SHs in back to back attacks. Since then, I've leveled up enough to get on the rankings board and have been doing pretty steady pvp, going from private to sergeant in a week. In that time, I've only lost 1 carrier and 1 SH and it seems my overall unit losses are significantly less while upping my pvp rate at least 5x.

My two cents: upgrading the infirmary to lvl 10 has made a difference.

Note: I don't have any of the event units with the -20% casualty bonus.

manbeast
08-08-2012, 10:42 PM

this is not the case. 2% each level. level 10 is 20% "reduction" and costs 40 million and takes 132 hrs. so not worth it.

John Snow
08-08-2012, 10:49 PM
this is not the case. 2% each level. level 10 is 20% "reduction" and costs 40 million and takes 132 hrs. so not worth it.

It's the perfect upgrade when you're on vacation!

bushobama
08-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I sucked it up last month and upgraded to lvl 10 after losing a couple of carriers and a handful of SHs in back to back attacks. Since then, I've leveled up enough to get on the rankings board and have been doing pretty steady pvp, going from private to sergeant in a week. In that time, I've only lost 1 carrier and 1 SH and it seems my overall unit losses are significantly less while upping my pvp rate at least 5x.

My two cents: upgrading the infirmary to lvl 10 has made a difference.

Note: I don't have any of the event units with the -20% casualty bonus.
Good to know..

bushobama
08-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I know it's 2% per level upgraded I meant more of a behind the scenes bonus, if you know what I mean

mickymacirl
08-09-2012, 03:10 AM
I have mine at level 5 and I haven't noticed any difference!