PDA

View Full Version : Hello Modern War Peeps!

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Just downloaded Modern War for android not long ago - so far like it more than CC :D

I'm lvl4 (not by choice) and wanted to see if anyone has some good beginner tips they would like to share.

Cool Fella
08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum!!!. There are a lot of good tips and guides in the forum. Use the search function

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Thank you Cool Fella... I'm wondering more about personal tips/strategies and not conventional info...

Cool Fella
08-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Here is one from Dreno33:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37192-Dreno33-s-Quick-Tips-to-MW-for-Beginners&highlight=guide

but there are a lot more

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't think they even do the boss event on the android. Not sure. Playing it on it on IOS is a lot better

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think they even do the boss event on the android. Not sure. Playing it on it on IOS is a lot better

Yeah I don't see anything special here... no boss or events... it's just the game...

Cool Fella
08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
That sucks!! I didn't know androids didn't get the events

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I downloaded it on android but , it kept freezing and crashing on me .. Don't know if it's because of the platform or if it's because my android phone is s hit.

Big John
08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Might be too low a level for events.

Lt. Falcon
08-08-2012, 08:54 AM
level 4 doesn't get any events, fight the boss or anything like that. I believe they start around lvl 9 or 10. I thought it was lvl 10 for the longest time until I saw a lvl 9 player with the event.

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 08:55 AM
There are no events for Android, sorry to say. My LLP on level 14 gets nothing on Android, infact the Android app is still very buggy and has issues i must say.

sexkitteh
Well the game just came out for android... took about 4 months for events to show up on CC android and about as long for the scratchers.... So I'm use to it... that is fine by me...

So ok - here are a few questions if anyone cares to answer because I'm too lazy to search (well... I did a basic search and looked over most of the strategies....)

1) What's the highest level?
2) What's the average, above average, and godlike attack/defense at lvl100+
3) Are all units consumable?
4) When it says I can bring 2000 units into battle, is that 1 of each category? Or can I bring ie: 2000 tanks into battle?

More shall come as I tinker around with the game...

mxz
Might be too low a level for events.I think they open up at 10? My low level camper accounts on either CC/MW don't get events (except scratchers).

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh here's another question - how many "friends" can I visit to collect my $1000? Right now every penny counts :/

and I got 37 allies... I hope I can get 37k :D

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 09:00 AM
My CC android does not get scratchers at Level 4, Android MW does not get the same gold units nor the same crates. the basic units are the same as well as the buildings. As far as we know you cannot transfer Android to iOS either. Android and iOS players are mixed together on the same rivals lists, some with disastrous results on low levels (event loot to iOS is a rather large unbalancing issue). Be warned Android will be at a disadvantage in PVP until they fix this.

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Oh here's another question - how many "friends" can I visit to collect my $1000? Right now every penny counts :/

and I got 37 allies... I hope I can get 37k :D

25 max per day.

Cool Fella
08-08-2012, 09:01 AM
As far as I know you can visit all of them once every 24 hours

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
My CC android does not get scratchers at Level 4, Android MW does not get the same gold units nor the same crates. the basic units are the same as well as the buildings. As far as we know you cannot transfer Android to iOS either. Android and iOS players are mixed together on the same rivals lists, some with disastrous results on low levels (event loot to iOS is a rather large unbalancing issue). Be warned Android will be at a disadvantage in PVP until they fix this.

If it's anything like CC - I'm ok with this lol...

This is a game I will never win at anyways... just a pass time...

so no one can help answer some of my Qs?

25=25k - that is perfect at my level :D

Boom
08-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Sexkitteh ur flan!!!

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 09:05 AM
your questions are not simple ones let put it that way, but the easiest one to answer

yes all units are consumable in a manner of speaking except those marked as indestructable (gold, event, crate units)

Thief
08-08-2012, 09:05 AM
1) Level 200
2) There isn't an exact Science but I believe it's around 50K average with 300K+ for Godlike
3) No Units you buy with Gold and Items you win from Events are not Consumable
4) You will bring your most powerful Units into Battle (you don't get to choose..other than choosing which ones you buy) To bring 2000 you would need to be livel 100 with 500 Allies however as each Level you can "use 5 Allies". IE right now if you are Level 4 then you could have 20 Allies with the potential to bring in 80 Troops into battle on either offense or Defensive Battles

5) I believe it's 25 different Visits to collect 25k a day...but i could be wrong.

Jp lfs
08-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Well the game just came out for android... took about 4 months for events to show up on CC android and about as long for the scratchers.... So I'm use to it... that is fine by me...

So ok - here are a few questions if anyone cares to answer because I'm too lazy to search (well... I did a basic search and looked over most of the strategies....)

1) What's the highest level?
2) What's the average, above average, and godlike attack/defense at lvl100+
3) Are all units consumable?
4) When it says I can bring 2000 units into battle, is that 1 of each category? Or can I bring ie: 2000 tanks into battle?

More shall come as I tinker around with the game...

Highest Level is 200.
Gold units are indestructible. The rest are perishable.
You can bring whatever units you like to battle. There are no class restrictions.

Jp lfs
08-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Wow. I was totally beat to the punch on this one, and by better answers, too. Getting rusty.... Back to lurking....

Thief
08-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow. I was totally beat to the punch on this one, and by better answers, too. Getting rusty.... Back to lurking....

@JP i will always be a shadow compared to you haha.
Most of my answers were beat to the punch by single line items too if it makes you feel any better

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Well thank you guys for those answers! :D

Also, like in CC, I plan on saving my "RP", in this case "Valor"...

What is the best unit to purchase with Valor? 1 for Attack 1 for Defense - and are these units also consumable?

Boom
08-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Sexkitteh. ONLY Gold items, and event items are nonconsumable

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Sexkitteh. ONLY Gold items, and event items are nonconsumable

That kind of sucks lol... how often to units get consumed? Is it per fight? Or is it like explosives in CC?

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Each level allows you to bring 5 allies with you to battle. Each ally allows you to bring 4 additional units to battle. example. Lvl10 . Can bring 50 allies, with a total 200 units into battle. ONLY gold, event units are indestructible. Valor units can be lost. Save your valor, until you get further, and get super hornets or better. By that time, you should have allooot of valor. It might be tempting to spend it while your still low, but resist.

Regular units. You lose them either in battles or if you get attacked. Each unit has different casualty rates so it may vary as to how many and which units you lose.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
So I picked the US as a nationality... I'm getting the feeling this was a bad choice...

Is stamina at all important in this game? I saw no income boosts unfortunately so I went with the stamina...

Are the hornets the best attack/defense units available with valor?

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Stamina is good just for attacking/ raiding people. And yea, you should of picked Russia or uk. Russia has 10% air bonus and uk has 10% sea bonus. What you could do. Is , if you do tapjoy. Within a day of doing day of doing tapjoy, you can probably earn enough free gold to switch nations should you choose to.

They aren't the best in stats, but they have a good casualty rate and are a favorite. All higher valor units past SH are higher in stats , but the casualty rates a worse . And the really good valor units Well, your way off from them. Including myself

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Stamina is gold just for attacking/ raiding people. And yea, you should of picked Russia or uk. Russia has 10% air bonus and uk has 10% sea bonus. What you could do. Is , if you do tapjoy. Within a day of doing day of doing tapjoy, you can probably earn enough free gold to switch nations should you choose to.

Yeah I understand what stamina does :D

I put all my skill points into stamina... I like to attack and only attack.

I may switch to the russia or uk when I'm hl... I'll see I guess...

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Like in CC - is there a limit of Defense buildings one can own?

CC is 50.

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure of exact numbers. But I believe the amount is different for each defense building. Like guard tower might be 10 or something and Sam missles is 5 . Etc etc

And one more important thing... ALWAYS be upgrading your vault. The max protected is 10million.

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah I understand what stamina does :D

I put all my skill points into stamina... I like to attack and only attack.

I may switch to the russia or uk when I'm hl... I'll see I guess...

The problem with this is that skill points in attack and defense effect the outcome of fights. it has been noted when a player with larger attack values goes up against a person with lower defense (sometimes by as much as 50%) can lose soley based on skill points put into defense vs your attack skill points.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure of exact numbers. But I believe the amount is different for each defense building. Like guard tower might be 10 or something and Sam missles is 5 . Etc etc

And one more important thing... ALWAYS be upgrading your vault. The max protected is 10million.

Thank you for that tip! I'm already on third vault upgrade :D

Also, what is a good IPH to maintain a healthy army?

And most importantly - are the defense buildings broken like CC? How do the defense buildings work? I know you can place them close to the buildings for added protection... but are they used in raids and attacks?

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
The problem with this is that skill points in attack and defense effect the outcome of fights. it has been noted when a player with larger attack values goes up against a person with lower defense (sometimes by as much as 50%) can lose soley based on skill points put into defense vs your attack skill points.

Oh interesting... well - I usually do 1 Attack 2 Stamina = 1 stamina...

Should I then do 1A 2S then 1D 2S?

I like the idea of having at least 100 stamina...

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Not in raid and attacks. It adds to your defense score. I don't think the make a dramatic effect but every bit counts I suppose. A good iph .hmmm.. I think maybe it depends on what level you are but spot be safe ,300k + . A lot of people get around level 40 and then stop/camp for awhile to bring their iph up. The better the economy the better the units

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Also, I wouldn't aim for 100 stamina. Maybe 50 but a 100 . Good luck finding enough people with unvaulted money and uncollected buildings to raid to use up that amount of stamina,lol

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Not in raid and attacks. It adds to your defense score. I don't think the make a dramatic effect but every bit counts I suppose. A good iph .hmmm.. I think maybe it depends on what level you are but spot be safe ,300k + . A lot of people get around level 40 and then stop/camp for awhile to bring their iph up. The better the economy the better the units

Yeah I didn't mean used WHEN attacking in a raid or PVP... I'm saying are the buildings used do defend against both raids and PVP and is it a true defense score? I'm assuming D buildings are not consumable?

Can D buildings be leveled up?

In CC for instance if the base defense is 5 each level afterwards regardless of what it shows is 2.5... so a lvl10 defense building with 5D as base is only equivalent to 27.5 defense...

Dirty Doug
08-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Also, what is a good IPH to maintain a healthy army?

And most importantly - are the defense buildings broken like CC? How do the defense buildings work? I know you can place them close to the buildings for added protection... but are they used in raids and attacks?

Honestly it seems your iph is never enough because your always trying to get better units and do upgrades. Many people are attempting to camp at low levels to bring up their iph and stats while it's still easy to protect, but if you like to pvp it may be way to time consuming to do.

Defense buildings are limited to 5 of each type. They do work. They add to your overall defense but with people raiding you it's not the overall base like in CC. Each building has its own range which you will see by a blue circle when placing the building.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Also, I wouldn't aim for 100 stamina. Maybe 50 but a 100 . Good luck finding enough people with unvaulted money and uncollected buildings to raid to use up that amount of stamina,lol

So what is the skills best used in (in your opinion)? Attack/Defense/Energy?

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Honestly it seems your iph is never enough because your always trying to get better units and do upgrades. Many people are attempting to camp at low levels to bring up their iph and stats while it's still easy to protect, but if you like to pvp it may be way to time consuming to do.

Defense buildings are limited to 5 of each type. They do work. They add to your overall defense but with people raiding you it's not the overall base like in CC. Each building has its own range which you will see by a blue circle when placing the building.

hmmm... so it only protects the buildings in its range?? or does it protect "me" as well against direct attacks?

Dirty Doug
08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
hmmm... so it only protects the buildings in its range?? or does it protect "me" as well against direct attacks?

It protects you from attacks. All the defense buildings you build and upgrade will be completely put into your defense score.

It protects buildings in the range from raids. Only defense buildings in range will protect you here.

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
So what is the skills best used in (in your opinion)? Attack/Defense/Energy?

I like to base it on your missions and playing style. if you get bored easily go for stamina, but remember it takes 3 mintues to recharge 1 stamina so 5 stamina per 15 minute time frame. if you often you can get less stamina, the attack and defense skill points are still rather up in the air which is more important, its discussed alot.

as for energy, you don't need much right now, you can add a few every so often, but until you really get into missions its a safe bet to not invest much there.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Also, when you attack/defend and you use your "best" units... the units that do get consumed, are they the "best" units you brought to a fight? Or is it random ie: you lose a cheap infantry?

I ask this because in CC with explosives it kind of happens that way.... you can loose a crappy explosive even you are maxed out on the good ones... it's weird...

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I like to base it on your missions and playing style. if you get bored easily go for stamina, but remember it takes 3 mintues to recharge 1 stamina so 5 stamina per 15 minute time frame. if you often you can get less stamina, the attack and defense skill points are still rather up in the air which is more important, its discussed alot.

as for energy, you don't need much right now, you can add a few every so often, but until you really get into missions its a safe bet to not invest much there.

Awesome. What mission the requires the most energy for 1 tap?

I think it's about 600 in CC so I plan on adding 1200 nrg to that account when I'm like lvl160+

I think I will do same in this game...

Also how does the income per level on cash buildings work?

Is there a chart for that?

ie: LVL1 Supply depot = 100 lvl2 = 200 etc...

Selfproclaimed
08-08-2012, 10:04 AM
It's displayed as as if it's only protecting the buildings surrounding them. Buut they do add to your overall defense score. And you can upgrade your defense buildings BUT ,that is another thing I wouldn't waste time doing ,yet at least.you need to focus all your upgrades in money and unit buildings
Best place for skill points. Depends. You say you plan on doing a lot of attacking . Set a goal. Say, 15 stamina, 20 attack. Depends on how you intend on playing

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
It's displayed as as if it's only protecting the buildings surrounding them. Buut they do add to your overall defense score. And you can upgrade your expense buildings BUT ,that is another thing I wouldn't waste time doing ,yet at least.you need to focus all your upgrades in money and unit buildings
Best place for skill points. Depends. You say you plan on doing a lot of attacking . Set a goal. Say, 15 stamina, 20 attack. Depends on how you intend on playing

Well I guess it really depends... In CC I gave up trying to defend myself... it's all about attacking... so my goal is to be able to attack people with much higher stats than me...

Poopenshire
08-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Awesome. What mission the requires the most energy for 1 tap?

I think it's about 600 in CC so I plan on adding 1200 nrg to that account when I'm like lvl160+

I think I will do same in this game...

Also how does the income per level on cash buildings work?

Is there a chart for that?

ie: LVL1 Supply depot = 100 lvl2 = 200 etc...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28657-War-Priest-s-NO-Hassle-Money-Building-Spreadsheet
here is a chart for cash buildings and how they upgrade per cost and time.

the most energy per tap on low levels seems to be in the 200 to 300 range. the higher ones on the highest levels are around 600 per tap. with 200 to 300 max you will have many levels of time to expand.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Ok - one last question... and you guys for all the info - that was awesome!

What and how do the boss events work?

Jp lfs
08-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Ok - one last question... and you guys for all the info - that was awesome!

What and how do the boss events work?

We are all going to be as helpful as possible, but find JohnnyR's "FNG Guide" and Agent Orange's "Guide to Modern War."

You have a ton of questions that are answered in those two guide's. So read those first, then we can help fill in the blanks better.

Casualties here work WAAAAAAY different than in CC. Be prepared to lose a lot of units. And I would also say go easy on the stamina...

Jp lfs
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I had to pop out to double check their locations...

1st thread down on the front page here, 1st and 4th guide's are my favorite's.

I didn't realize JohnnyR had renamed his guide, either. But that's still the right one.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, the FAQ's moved to the first slot. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37192-Dreno33-s-Quick-Tips-to-MW-for-Beginners

here's a quick tip thread i made. take a look man. and welcome over to the better side of the forums.

Boom
08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes and stay on the "better side" please lol.

Anyways defense buildings are useless. Spend skill points on Stam/energy. You will lose a TON of units in this game.

War Priest
08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Go get babytway, then come back. :)

Thanks.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37192-Dreno33-s-Quick-Tips-to-MW-for-Beginners

here's a quick tip thread i made. take a look man. and welcome over to the better side of the forums.

Your guide was the first one I read :D

Your work and guides are always the best and probably suite my game style the best.

I was looking for a little more though. But everything has pretty much been answered :D

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Do these "boss" events use stamina or energy?

War Priest
08-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Do these "boss" events use stamina or energy?

Neither. It's a whole seperate thing. Just costs cash or gold.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Neither. It's a whole seperate thing. Just costs cash or gold.

Is it like the safe events from CC?

Someone in another thread says attack points help in the boss events... how?

War Priest
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Is it like the safe events from CC?

Someone in another thread says attack points help in the boss events... how?

Yeah, same options as the crate events.

Not sure how skill points help, but they do. It's a secret still.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah, same options as the crate events.

Not sure how skill points help, but they do. It's a secret still.

Interesting... is it in attack, defense or both? (speculating anyways)

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Interesting... is it in attack, defense or both? (speculating anyways)

the guy who said attack points i think meant the alliance attack. but I'm sure Attack SP's help as well. your defense has nothing to do with the boss events. you, no matter the level, have 100 HP, the boss ALWAYS hit a 25 on you. you get 2 hours to defeat him. you have to kill him 30 times to win the prize.

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
the guy who said attack points i think meant the alliance attack. but I'm sure Attack SP's help as well. your defense has nothing to do with the boss events. you, no matter the level, have 100 HP, the boss ALWAYS hit a 25 on you. you get 2 hours to defeat him. you have to kill him 30 times to win the *prize.

*Grand prize. Each defeat you get a little prize though.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
the guy who said attack points i think meant the alliance attack. but I'm sure Attack SP's help as well. your defense has nothing to do with the boss events. you, no matter the level, have 100 HP, the boss ALWAYS hit a 25 on you. you get 2 hours to defeat him. you have to kill him 30 times to win the prize.

WHAAAA!?!?! 100 hp? where is the HP meter? Is it possible to beat the boss with no gold?

I hope this is on android...

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
WHAAAA!?!?! 100 hp? where is the HP meter? Is it possible to beat the boss with no gold?

I hope this is on android...

It's impossible to beat boss 30 without gold.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
It's impossible to beat boss 30 without gold.

How much gold do you need to spend to beat him? And what's achievable as a free player? Are these weekly events?

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
How much gold do you need to spend to beat him? And what's achievable as a free player? Are these weekly events?

It depends on everybody. Some can't get past boss 4 without gold, other's can't get past 15, and other's 25.

Depends on attack score and level. So for everybody it's different.

Hassleham
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
kitteh if you're only level 4 you should be able to get pretty far with the boss without spending gold as long as you get a decent army without levelling.

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Somebody drag babytway over here!

joaquim
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Somebody drag babytway over here!

You needed to put the following: *in a Seq accent*

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:51 PM

No, WP is talking.

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 01:51 PM
kitteh if you're only level 4 you should be able to get pretty far with the boss without spending gold as long as you get a decent army without levelling.

Yeah I'm planning on staying at lvl4 for a little bit... build a bit of an army and get my income up.

I think I'm doing ok for day one!

Got all the cash buildings built and my iph is at 25k right now...

Unfortunately though I don't think I get these boss events yet... no one on android has confirmed it's existence anyways...

joaquim
08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
No, WP is talking.

I thought you'd say this: LFIZZLE COME BACK! I LOVE YOU!

War Priest
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I thought you'd say this: LFIZZLE COME BACK! I LOVE YOU!

I do love her. She has no idea! :)

sexkitteh
08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
So I'm playing on a samsung galaxy s2 and the game has been running smoothly... however it's draining my battery even when I'm plugged in!!! it's unreal...

Anyone else on android experiencing this?

Oh and my phone also feels like molten lava... it's so damn hot!

weird...

el_gringo
08-08-2012, 03:17 PM
my ipod touch gets pretty damn hot when playing MW and charging at the sam time.

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM

have to be lvl 10 for any event to be available

Jhoemel
08-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Welcome to forums man. Have fun :)

SeqWins
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Uh??? Aflac duck!

Seq has an accent?

Q Raider
08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
have to be lvl 10 for any event to be available

Level five for the Elite event to trigger. My LLP got it's first two event indestructibles as a level 5.

BigDog146400220
08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi SK, welcome to the MW addiction!

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Level five for the Elite event to trigger. My LLP got it's first two event indestructibles as a level 5.

no sh!t. i had already lvled to 13 for the cement f. thanks for the new info