PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't there any RP explosives?

TonySpaghetti
08-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Why are there RP items in every category except explosives? Would be nice to have some non-consumable explosives available for purchase using RP.

fuzzy
08-08-2012, 06:43 AM
that is the 1,000 dollar question

fuzzy
08-08-2012, 06:48 AM
read what the OP wrote

"non-consumable explosives "

TRAZ
08-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Been asked for many a time. Maybe if we make a sacrifice the GREE gods will make it happen.

TonySpaghetti
08-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Been asked for many a time. Maybe if we make a sacrifice the GREE gods will make it happen.

Good idea - I'm sure there are plenty of virgins living in their mother's basement here. :)

Vile Lynn
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah, it has been asked since they came out with explosives. Guess it doesn't hurt to keep asking & asking & asking.

How many would use cash for explosives if the RP bombs were non-consumable?
I wouldn't.

Paulio
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
How many would use cash for explosives if the RP bombs were non-consumable?
I wouldn't.

I think a lot of people would, at least until they had enough non-consumables to fully equip their mafia.

dudeman
08-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd buy a consumable RP explosive. They can change consumption rates like they do in KA, so if it was listed as "very low" or something like that, yeah, I'd buy it.

Non-consumable would be even cooler, but then the already pointless in game cash becomes even more meaningless.

TonySpaghetti
08-08-2012, 11:28 AM
If they had some non-consumable explosives with low to moderate attack/defense, say... between 15 & 25 that you could buy with RP but also had some consumable heavier artillery that could be bought for $ (around 100 attack or defense), you'd still get people spending the game cash for explosives. Leave the super high non-consumable explosives for the gold spends.

Vile Lynn
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I think a lot of people would, at least until they had enough non-consumables to fully equip their mafia.

Well yeah, I kinda meant that. The cash bombs would be pointless after getting 500 non-consumable explosives.

I would use all my RPs at this point for n-c bombs, but I even like the idea above about rating them like KA & MW units.

Paulio
08-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I would use all my RPs at this point for n-c bombs, but I even like the idea above about rating them like KA & MW units.

How many RPs do you have saved up?

Vile Lynn
08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
lol, like none.

edit: almost 8k ...iow, none.

mxz
08-08-2012, 12:04 PM
If they had some non-consumable explosives with low to moderate attack/defense, say... between 15 & 25 that you could buy with RP but also had some consumable heavier artillery that could be bought for $ (around 100 attack or defense), you'd still get people spending the game cash for explosives. Leave the super high non-consumable explosives for the gold spends.This is a good suggestion. I think your values are off but the idea is sound. Have something indestructable for 1000ish RP with low stats (4/4) but it would allow a blanket for Mid-HL players. As IPH gets to point of wanting $ consumable ones you'll be using a mix of both.

TonySpaghetti
08-08-2012, 12:14 PM
This is a good suggestion. I think your values are off but the idea is sound. Have something indestructable for 1000ish RP with low stats (4/4) but it would allow a blanket for Mid-HL players. As IPH gets to point of wanting $ consumable ones you'll be using a mix of both.

Thanks. :). I wouldn't spend 1000 RP's on a 4/4 explosive though. Maybe 250. The Exelero is a good example: good stats, decent price. I was just thinking in terms of the Convincer. That's something I wouldn't mind dropping 1000 RP's on, provided it was non-consumable.

mxz
08-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks. :). I wouldn't spend 1000 RP's on a 4/4 explosive though. Maybe 250. The Exelero is a good example: good stats, decent price. I was just thinking in terms of the Convincer. That's something I wouldn't mind dropping 1000 RP's on, provided it was non-consumable.The problem with a 250 RP non-consumable explosive with 4/4 stats is you could get 500 of them real quick. Explosives are meant to be a decision to buy/loot rather than a standard item like the other 4 categories. Like vehicles, you need to make them a special sort of category. Whereas vehicles are expensive per stat - explosives are crazy expensive per stat when multiplied by the consumption.

Khayman
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I like the idea but requires a big boost in stats of consumable explosives bought by cash.

<3 Hz
08-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Consumable explosives last about as long as a fart in the wind. I wouldn't waste RP on consumable ones.