PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Skyser30518
08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I just wanted to start a thread to say thank you to all the people that put their time and effort into the forum. I've only been a member of the forum since May 9th and haven't posted much. ("Lurking", I believe is the term I'm looking for). I read on a daily basis and thoroughly enjoy the comaraderie I see between a lot of the senior members. (Even Flan). Your input has definitely made me a better player. Wish I had listened to some of it more, but I'm still doing well.

That being said, today I did something as simple as add my rank to signature (thank you Miner). I say add, but actually I made the rank my signature as I didn't have one. Later, I saw the Forum Knights and pm'd Jhoemel who welcomed me in. As I was reading about the group, I believe set up by SeqWins and Jhoemel, I began thinking of the time they have invested to try and help total strangers. Later, I was reading the add rank thread and saw how eager everyone was to answer questions, a lot of times repetitively, without making individuals sound like idiots. I also saw how something as simple as that brought lurkers out who want to have something to identify with.

This brings me to the point I want to make. I don't know if some of you actually realize how many people you help or provide entertainment to. The spreadsheets!!!!! Need I say more. There are a lot of us lurkers out there that utilize the information and follow the threads where people are tracking different aspects of the game. As far as entertainment, even people like me that just tend to read and not post much, still feel like part of the family. We follow our favs and feel like we know a lot of you personally. I would LOVE to be at the meeting in Cal, but live on the east coast.

As much as I would like to thank each of you personally, I'm scared I would leave someone out. Other lurkers and non lurkers, know who the key players are.

I will say a special thank you to SeqWins. For putting his life on the line to protect the freedoms that we hold so dear and that allow us to have forums such as these. You'll be in all our prayers in your future deployment.

And to WP, I may be hitting you up for some avatar help in the future.

War Priest
08-07-2012, 11:17 PM
No problem helping you with that buddy.

Mcdoc
08-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Hey Sky - hope.you participate more :)

Skyser30518
08-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Thank you gentlemen. Doc, just make sure we get some good pics from the meet. Jealous!!

spectra
08-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Welcome aboard to the Assylum..............you ckeck in, but you can never leave.........lol

it is too addtictive and there is no know cure..........

Cheers

Jhoemel
08-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Your welcome man :) of course I will welcome a forum member as nice as you

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 02:24 AM
read my sig...

wish we had more people like you and less like them. keep posting

Miner
08-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Good to have you here and looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

SGT Barr
08-08-2012, 07:33 AM
I second the Thank you. I too am a lurker and really just started to reply to threads. But the help you guys provide is amazing. The Spreadsheets are great and I do love breaking away from work for 20 minutes and reading about the game. Thanks to all, and I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands that also follow this forum. Keep up the good work.

Skyser30518
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks Barr, these guys deserve it.

Squirt Girl
08-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Very well put Skyser.
As a lurker myself I've found the information, advice & patience from pepole on this forum has completely changed the way I play MW, and made it more enjoyable & entertaining.

Thankyou

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Very well put Skyser.
As a lurker myself I've found the information, advice & patience from pepole on this forum has completely changed the way I play MW, and made it more enjoyable & entertaining.

Thankyou

Im bugging me to ask this. Why is squirt girl your username? Do you squirt a lot? Lol :p

Arizona
08-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Very well put Skyser.

Thankyou
Hi SG, I know you play China, but regardless if and when you decide to change, you might as well go ahead and increase the boost on the Genetics facility. Yours is only at L2 at the moment. You will see you stats increase as all your boost buildings are levelled up.
Looks like you're doing ok camping so far but if you decide to change nations, most would choose either Russia for attack or UK for defence.

Squirt Girl
08-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Arizona,
I will probably change to UK at some point for the max defense, but no-one is successfully attacking/raiding me at the moment (touch wood), so I havent bothered changing yet. Will need tapjoy gold to do it.

Concentrating on getting the cement factory to level 10, and will look at the other boost building and continuing to increase iph after that.

I'm basing my levelling up on ensuring my A/D stats are 40 x my current level. Eg. must have 12k A/D at level 30, 16k A/D at level 40, etc. Dont know how long I can maintain this strategy as a free player.

Jhoemel,
Re the username, I know no-one will believe me but it was a stupid, niave typo when first starting MW. Although I get some pretty tasteless comments about it I have sort of got attached to it, so used the same name on the forum.
.....and anything further than that is none of your business.....;)

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:34 AM
@squirt Girl I see. well I believe you dont worry. I have seen some more vulgar usernames that makes me hit their bases. lol. Good luck in the game and have fun. If you need advice you can always pm me :)

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Jhoemel, thats strike 1.

Arizona
08-09-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm basing my levelling up on ensuring my A/D stats are 40 x my current level. Eg. must have 12k A/D at level 30, 16k A/D at level 40, etc. Dont know how long I can maintain this strategy as a free player.

That's an unusual strategy. Your problem is that at higher levels it's going to be harder to maintain that ratio.

I just try and make sure that I have a decent unit density, always with the aim of increasing it over time up to the maximum for a free player.
There's a few different methods, but generally unit density is calculated by dividing your current attack or defence by the number of units you bring to a fight i.e. if your attack is 10,000 and you bring 400 units to a fight, your unit density is 25. It's not perfect as it's an average, and it has it's flaws but it's a good indication of your strength.

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Jhoemel, thats strike 1.

Why? sorry I dont get it. Pretty slow today :)

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Why? sorry I dont get it. Pretty slow today :)

Its an American thing based on the game of baseball. eventually you will try 3 times, 3 strikes and your called "out". which means you strike out and have no more chances. in this instance your chances are nil at best.

Squirt Girl
08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Jhoemel swings......and misses. Strike 3, you're out

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Its an American thing based on the game of baseball. eventually you will try 3 times, 3 strikes and your called "out". which means you strike out and have no more chances. in this instance your chances are nil at best.

I know about that poop. I like baseball mangas and animes so I know some things about baseball. I mean why did I get a strike 1?

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Jhoemel swings......and misses. Strike 3, you're out

give him credit for being a nice person, the real ladies men haven't struck yet, like Bronson, TC, Seqwins, and SelfProclaimed. yes yes yes i know we have more, but thats all I am listing.

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
I know about that poop. I like baseball mangas and animes so I know some things about baseball. I mean why did I get a strike 1?

Just a guess on my part.

Squirt Girl
08-09-2012, 07:00 AM
All good fun...no offense Jhoemel

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
No offense taken coz I still havent gotten a clue of what its about. lol :)

But reading poop post, I think I have an idea of it

Poopenshire
08-09-2012, 07:10 AM
its all fun and games Jhoemel, its a way to make it more fun.

just don't ask about getting past 3rd base. Even my wife says i need work on that one lol.

Jhoemel
08-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Lol, all is fun and games for me too. I got it now. And it smiled here when I looked like hitting on her. hahaha :)