PDA

View Full Version : do you not earn money when the stupid 'beat the elite' bosses come out?

gamegurlsh
08-07-2012, 03:15 PM
when this event comes out, the boss comes out every few hours for you to fight him. if you complete a task, do you lose out on the money you should have earned? is this a glitch or something that was done on purpose? i've lost out on earning a lot of play money because the stupid screen pops up for me to fight the boss.

Hassleham
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
When i do pvp i still get the cash, it just doesn't show it.
Have you kept an eye on your total cash before and after doing an action and getting the screen?

Zoltarov
08-07-2012, 03:22 PM
i never lose money. I now always trigger the boss from the first map to minimize xp.
I did trigger also from attack and raids and there did not loose money too. Only you miss the battle result screen.
Triggering the boss from higher maps can result in losing money and loot. It is a known error. Be careful where you trigger the boss.

Ashmw
08-07-2012, 03:31 PM
When i do pvp i still get the cash, it just doesn't show it.
Have you kept an eye on your total cash before and after doing an action and getting the screen?

I Second that. I think it is automatically put into ur acct, units etc. i exp the other glitch mentioned by another forumer on crate event where it stated on the screen he got 1 crate and when done opening he still got another 1 . I believe this is the crate gain from pve rite bfr the elite boss screen is up. Just my 1 c.

Q Raider
08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
when this event comes out, the boss comes out every few hours for you to fight him. if you complete a task, do you lose out on the money you should have earned? is this a glitch or something that was done on purpose? i've lost out on earning a lot of play money because the stupid screen pops up for me to fight the boss.

When the screen activates, do not go into it straight away. Close it down and in PVE the cash should then record correctly. However loot units may be affected so suggest if the elite is not activated hit a "cheap" target just in case.

In PVP I am finding the Elite screen over rides the attack/raid results display so don't have a clue as to what happened and I am doubtful that the cash is being received. Hence my advice is to hit a PVE target which will not generate a cash/loot outcome to generate the elite event.

el_gringo
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
When the screen activates, do not go into it straight away. Close it down and in PVE the cash should then record correctly. However loot units may be affected so suggest if the elite is not activated hit a "cheap" target just in case.

For me its still the same - no money to pick up, no money sat waiting to be vaulted.

Nowadays I always do what you describe - hit the PVE targets up that require more than one shot. Problem is, sometimes the 2 hours is up but the damn icon still sits on the goals folder so it triggers it when I go in for final hits.

Agent Orange
08-07-2012, 03:45 PM
The problem is intermittent usually only happens when I also get a loot unit but it still happens, is a known problem according to replies from support but has yet to be fixed. One of my LLP's had it happen today for example but as others point out sometimes you do get the cash and loot so it's hard to say what the problem is as it is not 100% repeatable.

My best defence is to make sure I am not due for loot or cash but if I am I hit a rival to hopefully trigger the boss. Then go back to the mission which sucks for weaker rivals since they are now taking more hits from stronger players just so we don't loose stuff.

I think they are trying to fix the problem by adding in a delay before the event kicks in but every now and then that delay fails and you get screwed.

Ascent
08-07-2012, 03:51 PM
The problem is intermittent usually only happens when I also get a loot unit but it still happens, is a known problem according to replies from support but has yet to be fixed. One of my LLP's had it happen today for example but as others point out sometimes you do get the cash and loot so it's hard to say what the problem is as it is not 100% repeatable.

My best defence is to make sure I am not due for loot or cash but if I am I hit a rival to hopefully trigger the boss. Then go back to the mission which sucks for weaker rivals since they are now taking more hits from stronger players just so we don't loose stuff.

I think they are trying to fix the problem by adding in a delay before the event kicks in but every now and then that delay fails and you get screwed.

It is a timing thing. If I hit the railgun twice (buffering the second tap), the EPIC screen comes up on the second hit and I lose the money or loot every time. I can reproduce this sequence and timing all the time if I want...

We also forget, that even if the screen appears when there is no loot or money dropping, the game might drop event items *crates, boxes, etc.) which also sucks to lose.

Corsair
08-07-2012, 04:13 PM
One thing to look for is that sometimes the cash gets added directly without going into the vault. I've seen this happen a few times. Unless you noted your balance before the boss kicked off it's hard to see that.

Agent Orange
08-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Sometimes it is added but 90% of the time for me it is lost.

gamegurlsh
08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
80% of the time i don't get the money. the other 20%, it does pop money out. i try not to complete a map task when i know the boss may come out but do not think about that issue all the time.