PDA

View Full Version : Stat increase on some units???

Vito
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
It seems that there was a stat increase on some units. It looks like the flaming catapults now 48A, 27D, and High Priest is now 18A, 51D.
I couldn't figure out why my stats suddenly jumped up 5K. Thought it was a glitch. I even relogged in to make sure.
Any other changes of note?

The_Red
08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37777-A-D-Stats-Massively-Changed

Joe Brown1
08-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Vito, had you recently reinstalled the game? I would love to get the new stats for the Boss Event. I'm still with the same old stats.

Vito
08-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Sorry Red, didn't see that thread. Thanks.
Joe, I didn't reinstall the game. Just noticed the changes this morning.

The_Red
08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
glad to see others are seeing the stats as well... hoping they either unroll it out roll it out to everyone.

albeezy
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
It seems that there was a stat increase on some units. It looks like the flaming catapults now 48A, 27D, and High Priest is now 18A, 51D.
I couldn't figure out why my stats suddenly jumped up 5K. Thought it was a glitch. I even relogged in to make sure.
Mine still shows high priests as having 11/32

Fulg0re
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Just hapenned to me too.

Level 15.

Joe Brown1
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Dammit! I got 570 of the Pimps - where are my increased stats:p I want a couple more goes at the Boss!

edit: As I apparently channel my avatar;)

The1nONLY
08-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Most of my unit stats jump really high. But whats the point in them doing this? Most of my top prize from events stats has increase really high nearly double the stats and also the LE units. Talk about the event prizes increase stats I had a look at WS top unit from event and its around 7000/8000+ A/D :) , not all units had change in stats but people who has the right units will be please with their A/D increase

The1nONLY
08-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Too bad my Black Knight didnt change in stats

EthanQ
08-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Same here, my HP increased from 11/32 to 18/51

tcapi
08-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Last check, the pimp is still 11/32!

Kiss Of Death
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM

Do you want an extensive list? Anyone... ? Everyone?

PM me so i know... then I can come locate this post or start a new thread with all the details including crate and gold units.

spectra
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Perhaps they are doing the stats increase per level
I am level 139 and still have the same old stats

I do hope they increase them soon, that might take me to 100k Attack :)
maybe I can beat a couple more bosses with that boost

Hobtuse
08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
i don't have the stat boost yet..

the annoying thing is that GREE/KA hasn't done anything about it.

Jhoemel
08-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Mine didnt changed in stats too. flaming catapult still has 34 attack. whats happening? did you reinstall the game?

Jnesbitt82
08-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm level 66 and my stats haven't changed. Is this just a beta test right now?

Kiss Of Death
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
i don't have the stat boost yet..

the annoying thing is that GREE/KA hasn't done anything about it.

It's a roll out...

Trust me there are some issues... like Boss items and LE's and Crates are not boosting! so when you get them they are weaker than they should be by far. I know they are adding more as they go and I have been told they are ironing out the bugs as players with it find them and report them by CJ.

I guess its hard when every one b*tches and b*tches and complains and sends support ticket after ticket every time a change is made that affects everyone becase it's not tested out properly...

but now it's being tested out everyone b*tches and b*tches and complains and sends support ticket after ticket becuase they don't have the messed up issues....

Good one all of you :)

Again... check with HAp10.. my stats are NOT modified when YOU look at me unless YOU are modifed... and when i look at you YOU are modified.. add me and I'll tell you your stats.

d_nickels
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
my stats weren't changed as of an hour ago.

If you go back to that original thread about the changes, CCM at one point stated the changes are already affecting us all but only some are seeing it? I think that's what he said anyways. This may mean that even once its rolled out to everybody, nobody will see any changes with the boss events because we're already fighting with these "boosted" stats even if we can't see them yet. Thats how I took it anyways, I could be wrong.

Hobtuse
08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
@KOD: do you have the extensive list? could I get it from you? I want to try to make sense of the data

Yeah I'm mostly annoyed because of the way they roll it out. We can't do much about it but wait. It could have been as simple as rolling it out all at once but I am not sure why they have done it this way to incur so much discussion/noise/reactions.

The1nONLY
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I woke up today within a night my old attack was 69k defence at 79k and now its 99A/110D just like that. All other units are massively increase and i mean massively

spectra
08-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I woke up today within a night my old attack was 69k defence at 79k and now its 99A/110D just like that. All other units are massively increase and i mean massively

Tell your units to send the new stat ones to my inventory.............lol

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSH
08-08-2012, 01:28 AM
No stats improvement whatsoever, at least as of yet. The casualties, though have really jumped - have lost 6 cannons and untold amount of regular units in fights with much lower stats players - that never happened before. So far so disappointing.

BooMan
08-08-2012, 04:15 AM
No stats improvement whatsoever, at least as of yet. The casualties, though have really jumped - have lost 6 cannons and untold amount of regular units in fights with much lower stats players - that never happened before. So far so disappointing.

I saw that someone else noted that casualties increase when you get the new stats - if this is proving to be the case then I want to stay with the old stats thanks!

EthanQ
08-08-2012, 05:45 AM
I saw that someone else noted that casualties increase when you get the new stats - if this is proving to be the case then I want to stay with the old stats thanks!
No wonder my HP casualties seems to increase so much!!

Kiss Of Death
08-08-2012, 07:54 AM
@KOD: do you have the extensive list? could I get it from you? I want to try to make sense of the dataYeah I'm mostly annoyed because of the way they roll it out. We can't do much about it but wait. It could have been as simple as rolling it out all at once but I am not sure why they have done it this way to incur so much discussion/noise/reactions.Left my laptop power pack at work so can't upload. Still got 200 units to re-enter higher stats . I have had 6 players ally with me and I have gone in and told thTheir modified stats... Ie Hobtuse... 52k/50k becomes 77k/68k when I see him.Will upload at some stage during my day tomorrow.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM

When I transitioned over - I saw a marked increase in casualties from the players I had been farming for months. As of now, I cant attack anyone without getting a lost unit one out of every two attacks. (prior I could clear 10 w/o a loss).

It sucks; however, I'm glad everyone else is moving to the same stats.

YLL
08-08-2012, 08:50 AM
The cynic in me wonders if the following were the arguments put forward in the relevant Gree planning meeting/proposal:

1) Higher unit A/D stats make them appear better value.
2) Boosted stats might pump up players' egos and make them more favourably disposed towards spending.
3) Reap benefits from 1) and 2) via increased casualty rates.

Dewsy
08-08-2012, 09:01 AM
The cynic in me wonders if the following were the arguments put forward in the relevant Gree planning meeting/proposal:

1) Higher unit A/D stats make them appear better value.
2) Boosted stats might pump up players' egos and make them more favourably disposed towards spending.
3) Reap benefits from 1) and 2) via increased casualty rates.

Definitely could be a strategy. Get everyone used to one system of A/D (eg. a high end gem unit having 300 attack) and then shift every stat up 20% so while a new unit with 360 attack is identical relative to other players, it appears more valuable and so they can charge more.

If this has been done on purpose it is a bit of a low-blow from Gree. It would be interesting to see the results of some number crunching comparing the stats of previous gem units to their cost compared with new 'boosted' units and their cost when considering the percentage boost to non-gem units. Hopefully that makes sense! It did in my mind but don't think I've explained what I mean very well!

boardgames rule
08-08-2012, 09:40 AM
WEll i have the same problem but it is great.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Figured I did a bunch of screengrabs to show some stats for another player - figured I would post them on here as well.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6649/photo1fk.png
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5770/photo2ms.png
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9462/photo3va.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6274/photo4ix.png

The_Red
08-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Figured I did a bunch of screengrabs to show some stats for another player - figured I would post them on here as well.

more..........

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2638/photo5q.png
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4681/photo6n.png
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6592/photo7.png

d_nickels
08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Has anybody else noticed that all the units are not increased by the same percentages?

Doing a quick look at a few of the purchasable units it looks like the different "class" of units are all increased by different percentages.

INfantry (death knight, centorion) A/D both increased by 120%
Magic (HP) A/D both increased by 160%
Beast (imp, manticore, basilisk, hydra) A/D both increased by 180%

I don't see any machines in those pictures but I bet its between Magic and Beast, or perhaps at 140% between inf and magic. This definitely will changes peoples game strategies if its not a straight across the board increase for all units. AT least for infantry and beast it seems the % increase is the same for units from the basic or advanced building (barracks vs colloseum)

I didn't look at the reward units because I'm not real sure which of them were originally different based on level of owner so harder to know what base stats are from that picture.

Everson25
08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey Red! It's an impressive inventory.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Has anybody else noticed that all the units are not increased by the same percentages?

Doing a quick look at a few of the purchasable units it looks like the different "class" of units are all increased by different percentages.

I don't see any machines in those pictures but I bet its between Magic and Beast, or perhaps at 140% between inf and magic. This definitely will changes peoples game strategies if its not a straight across the board increase for all units. AT least for infantry and beast it seems the % increase is the same for units from the basic or advanced building (barracks vs colloseum)

I didn't look at the reward units because I'm not real sure which of them were originally different based on level of owner so harder to know what base stats are from that picture.

catapult 20/7
battering ram 11/1
cannon 50/28
Flaming treb 56/27 *edit*

You can do calcs based upon those. I only grabbed infantry and monsters, since that's what the user wanted to see.

--red--

Hey Red! It's an impressive inventory.

Not my units, but from a good player.

GetItOn
08-08-2012, 11:17 AM
If this has been done on purpose it is a bit of a low-blow from Gree. It would be interesting to see the results of some number crunching comparing the stats of previous gem units to their cost compared with new 'boosted' units and their cost when considering the percentage boost to non-gem units. Hopefully that makes sense! It did in my mind but don't think I've explained what I mean very well!

I think I get what you're saying. If a high Event prize used to be 10x better than a comparable "normal" unit but after the boost it becomes only 7x better. Someone mentioned that Gem and Event units also got boosted stats, so I'm curious if the ratio stays the same. If gem/event units are still as good as they were before the new stats.

I think (hope) it would make good business sense to keep them on par and not de-valuate the money ppl have spent for them.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I think I get what you're saying. If a high Event prize used to be 10x better than a comparable "normal" unit but after the boost it becomes only 7x better. Someone mentioned that Gem and Event units also got boosted stats, so I'm curious if the ratio stays the same. If gem/event units are still as good as they were before the new stats.

Selection of GEM units for you to compare: (LE ones)

Barghest 61/39 105G
Bull Orgrel 278/224 950G
Hydromancer 108/147 375G
Sky Schooner 341/113 510

L9 Wizard Spire one (not sure the name) 280/254 450G

I dont believe these scale with level.

459/341 Hydra (I think this was static as well - level independent)

d_nickels
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Red, was the 56/27 the new stats for the Flam catapult or the Flaming Trebuchet? All the other machine units use a 140% increase except that unit which would be a little over 160%. However, if those quoted stats were actually for the Flaming Trebuchet then it is also at 140% increase.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Red, was the 56/27 the new stats for the Flam catapult or the Flaming Trebuchet? All the other machine units use a 140% increase except that unit which would be a little over 160%. However, if those quoted stats were actually for the Flaming Trebuchet then it is also at 140% increase.

it was the flaming trebuchet - good catch. I was typing them out too quickly.

MSH
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Did anyone have a chance to see whether any loot was affected by changes, as well - my stat has not changed, so I can't check myself.
If they keep loot numbers unchanged, while inflating numbers for everything else, then not only they would reduce incentive for PvE ( someone mentioned this point somewhere, I think), they would also widen the gap between the heavy gem players and everyone else, as loot items are the only indestructibles one gets for free. My own strategy till this point was to get as high quality armor/weaponry, as possible and use massive armies of canons. Now with cannons dropping like flies at each battle and loot stats being ( supposedly ) deflated, pressure to buy gem units would increase dramatically. Good for GREE, but highly unpleasant for most free players IMO, unless, of course loot stats moves higher, as well.

The_Red
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
weapons and armor are unchanged. they're effectively devaluing weapons and armor.

MSH
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
weapons and armor are unchanged. they're effectively devaluing weapons and armor.
Thanks, Red - that's exactly what I was worried about - if equipment is devaluated, then the game is even more tilted
towards heavy gem usage...and my favorite part - loot hunting is losing most of it's appeal :(

The_Red
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks, Red - that's exactly what I was worried about - if equipment is devaluated, then the game is even more tilted
towards heavy gem usage...and my favorite part - loot hunting is losing most of it's appeal :(

you still need the loot for differentiation - eventually everyone will flatline at 1500 HPs (or other) and 1500 Hydras/Dragons.etc

I never really got the calculations of weapons - seemed odd to me that you could have a 30/15 unit fighting with a 30/15 weapon and 15/30 armor. To me, the weapons and armor should have always been a lower percentage addon. Plus, they are effectively "indestructible" units. They only get replaced when you've surpassed your baseline, which is really tough with 1500 (max allies)

Talkazar
08-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Selection of GEM units for you to compare: (LE ones)

Barghest 61/39 105G
Bull Orgrel 278/224 950G
Hydromancer 108/147 375G
Sky Schooner 341/113 510

L9 Wizard Spire one (not sure the name) 280/254 450G

I dont believe these scale with level.

459/341 Hydra (I think this was static as well - level independent)

The three LE ones are identical to the old stats (come to think of it, others have been complaining about this). The sky schooner (gem purchase but not attached to a building) and the inferno hydra(event reward) are both 50% higher, as are the Thanatos Private Guard and the Holy Warrior. The l9 mage one is 60% higher.

The arctic dragon (L5 mastery award) is 80% higher. The infantry one look to be 20%. Kind of sucks that the last 9 map rewards are infantry now.

One is mildly mystified - why buff the most powerful unit class the most?

EthanQ
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I've just lost 4 HPs in 1 lv5 silo raid from someone with stats lower than mine :(

tcapi
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
He might have invested lots of skill points on Defense.

EthanQ
08-09-2012, 04:42 AM
He might have invested lots of skill points on Defense.

Probably, but I invested quite a lot in Hero Att and Def too. I have 32k attack while he's at the 16-20k def area. This stat increase have boosted my A/D by quite a lot, but the casualties isn't what I want :(

echus14
08-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Probably, but I invested quite a lot in Hero Att and Def too. I have 32k attack while he's at the 16-20k def area. This stat increase have boosted my A/D by quite a lot, but the casualties isn't what I want :(

The question that comes to mind is why are your HPs coming into battle? Shouldn't you have created an attack army which would exclude your HPs?

GFF
08-09-2012, 06:49 AM
FWIW, my main account (lvl 53) still has the old stats for High Priests, but my lvl 9 camping account has the higher stats. Odd...

EthanQ
08-09-2012, 06:54 AM
The question that comes to mind is why are your HPs coming into battle? Shouldn't you have created an attack army which would exclude your HPs?
I don't know either, I have a smaller army of Battering Ram, Catapult & Manticore as attack army..

Talkazar
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
high priests have a higher attack than battering rams, so they go instead.

EthanQ
08-09-2012, 07:15 AM
high priests have a higher attack than battering rams, so they go instead.
But Manticore and Catapult definitely has a higher attack than HPs.

The_Red
08-09-2012, 07:22 AM
You need to by imps if your HPs are goign into attack battle. You're going to be unhappy with the unit losses and cost.

Hobtuse
08-09-2012, 07:23 AM
But Manticore and Catapult definitely has a higher attack than HPs.

I think what Talkazar meant was having an attack that's High Priest-proof.

e.g. All Manticores, Imps, Catapults or higher so that no High Priests will be risked in attack.

Funkey monkey
08-09-2012, 07:25 AM
But if you are taking battering rams to battle your HP will not be covered. You can lower your ally count or buy more of the higher attack units.

Edit: y'all have faster fingers than me

EthanQ
08-09-2012, 08:01 AM
You need to by imps if your HPs are goign into attack battle. You're going to be unhappy with the unit losses and cost.

I think what Talkazar meant was having an attack that's High Priest-proof.

e.g. All Manticores, Imps, Catapults or higher so that no High Priests will be risked in attack.
Alright, I get what you guys mean. So basically my HPs go into battle because there's a attacking unit that has lower Att than HPs?

Buddha44
08-09-2012, 10:14 AM
FWIW, my main account (lvl 53) still has the old stats for High Priests, but my lvl 9 camping account has the higher stats. Odd...

Mine is the same - my lvl 46 account has changed but my lvl 50 account has not.

The_Red
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Alright, I get what you guys mean. So basically my HPs go into battle because there's a attacking unit that has lower Att than HPs?

your attacking army picks from the best units of your army on attack, so if you dont have enough units to cover your allies*3 you'll bring in units you purchased for defense.

Joe Brown1
08-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Red, interestingly, when I visit your kingdom and look at your units, the pimp still shows up as 11/32 not the new stats. So if you have the new stats, is everyone you run across treated as if they have the new stats for combat and such, and if you have the old stats everyone you run across is treated as if they have the old stats. Forgive me if this may have already been discuss but I missed it. I did not grasp this fact until just recently. If this is the case - who cares old stats/new stats - other than the fact that some stats hmay have been increased by different % for different unit categories so your mix could provide a benefit.

The_Red
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Red, interestingly, when I visit your kingdom and look at your units, the pimp still shows up as 11/32 not the new stats. So if you have the new stats, is everyone you run across treated as if they have the new stats for combat and such, and if you have the old stats everyone you run across is treated as if they have the old stats. Forgive me if this may have already been discuss but I missed it. I did not grasp this fact until just recently. If this is the case - who cares old stats/new stats - other than the fact that some stats hmay have been increased by different % for different unit categories so your mix could provide a benefit.

Everyone sees the same stat calculation - I dont see anyone with old stats. You wont see anyone with new stats. That is a static.

The two biggest issues I have seen:

1) Unit losses - I have seen a significant increase in unit losses when attacking the same players that I had been farming for quite some time from before the stat increase to after. This makes me believe that the baseline D of a player is a significant contribution to the unit loss calculation in addition to the A-D. This is obviously a little subjective, but I could clear D____ with 10 attacks and 1 lost imp.... afterwords... 1 lost imp per 2 attacks. This is a huge one for me. This is with them not augmenting their army. It massively devalues my PvP experience.

2) It ups the baseline for quests like the dark night quest, since it appears that the HP of the DK is defined by your current stats. With increased stats it has become very difficult to clear more than L6 DK - partially because its tough to significantly augment your A with a higher baseline.

2.5) Loot items have devalued as a percentage since they arent affected. Making #2 harder and changing the play dynamics of the game.

3) Its irritating to PM people talking about stats and general fodder when most people dont have the new stats and some do. This is more of a NIT thing. Its a mental conversion that always needs to be made.

EthanQ
08-10-2012, 10:28 AM
your attacking army picks from the best units of your army on attack, so if you dont have enough units to cover your allies*3 you'll bring in units you purchased for defense.
Alright got what you mean, thanks red!

Skoty422
08-11-2012, 09:21 AM
I still have old stats. Red can you give me an update on my stats?
I've tried deleting and reloading the game but it still has old stats.

The_Red
08-11-2012, 09:29 AM
I still have old stats. Red can you give me an update on my stats?
I've tried deleting and reloading the game but it still has old stats.

......PM sent.

Skoty422
08-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Thank you sir!

SoccerStud
08-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Can someone tell me how to get my "new stats" to show up?