PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like this about CC? *rant*

Illuminati
08-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I've been playing this game for God knows how long and I just hit level 170. I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize this, but after getting attacked/robbed by another level 200 player with 100k+ stats, I thought to myself, "what the hell is the point of this game??"

Even if I were to play this game for another year or so, there's no way I'll ever obtain 100k+ stats without spending tons of gold on crates, event items, etc. Even then, what fun is it to attack/rob someone with a fraction of my attack rating? This game involves absolutely no skill whatsoever. It's just tapping a button on a screen and letting the random number generator spit out the results. I guess for those spending tons of real money on this game, it's considered entertainment.

Speaking of money, back with the old style events (collect 10 of whatever), I was lucky enough to get 3 of the end-event items. Like others, I used some gold when I hit 8 or 9 items in the hopes of getting the 10th, albeit unsuccessfully. With the new style events, I haven't spent a single gold piece and have absolutely no motivation to. Seeing how many items the people in the top 25 have, I'm sure everyone will agree that free players and casual gold spenders have absolutely no chance in getting into the top 25. Honestly, I don't even try with the new events. I consider myself lucky if I end up with even 2 of the prizes (collect 10 pieces).

This game has gone to complete crap. Remember when LFizzle made announcements of new and upcoming content back in APRIL? Curiously, all those threads are gone. Notwithstanding, for months now, people have been posting great ideas and suggestions as to how to make this game better, for free and gold players alike. The Billiionaire even compiled everything into ONE thread for easy reference by CCMark and the powers that be.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36751-SUMMARY-What-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City-so-far........

What have we gotten in response? CCMark poking his head in every now and then to ban people for forum transgressions all while giving cryptic and vague updates on the game, if you even want to call it that. Maybe for the rest of you, you enjoy "participating" in these weekly events which have become nothing more than a means for Gree to squeeze out money from the heavy gold spenders, who simply can't help themselves as the prizes (even for top 25) are a joke.

Meh, sorry for the rant...I think my days with CC are numbered as it's just completely boring now. Btw, it doesn't even phase me anymore when I get successfully robbed/attacked as I don't care. Oh noes! Someone stole $200,000 from me...let me go camp him to try and get the money back. After all, we all know how useful money is in this game. :rolleyes:

ColdMaffiaBaroness
08-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I love this game! I love CCM

sexkitteh
08-07-2012, 10:47 AM
OK... it's the same thing I say to everyone.....

You got to pace yourself...

Play multiple games and don't worry about getting attacked and stuff... it's a PHONE GAME ffs...

It's meant to be played when you don't have anything better to do...

You want to play hardcore games? I can PM you a list of excellent video games that you can WIN at with out spending more than 40bucks... lol...

mnju_03
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I love this game! I love CCM
I love lamp...

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r580/mnju_03/stupid%20funny/tumblr_m4i1jivHeN1qhe29fo1_500.png

mxz
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't understand the purpose of rants like this. What are you trying to accomplish, buddy? Old events back? More gold items? A new challenge of some sort? Help me out.

Illuminati
08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't understand the purpose of rants like this. What are you trying to accomplish, buddy? Old events back? More gold items? A new challenge of some sort? Help me out.

For starters, how about some concrete feedback from Gree (CCMark) in response to the TONS of suggestions and feedback given by the player base? If you guys are fine with the game the way it is now, doing the same stupid events every week like clockwork, and there's no real changes in the near future, then I guess it's time for me to move on. But I would guess I'm not the only one who's hung around because of the time (and money for some) invested in this game. There's that sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe Gree will listen to player feedback and do something about it.

To be fair, I don't blame CCMark for the current state of the game. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and would like to believe that the lack of any feedback and/or responses is due simply to the fact that the people he answers to at Gree simply don't care.

mxz
08-07-2012, 11:19 AM
For starters, how about some concrete feedback from Gree (CCMark) in response to the TONS of suggestions and feedback given by the player base? So your primary gripe is that CCM doesn't respond to the 16 threads a day asking why he hasn't responded to yesterday's 15 threads asking what was going on?

Look, I agree with you...a little communication would be nice, but it's not exactly affecting gameplay and we have no idea what's going on behind closed doors. The way I see it - you either hope for the best and believe they've listened and CCM is our ambassador; or be ornery and assume Gree is trying to kill the game. But what, then? Feel validated that you were right? Quit? Continue being pissed off and rant some more?

I'll be in camp 1 - enjoying the game and being pleasantly surprised when something good comes along...thinking in the back of my mind maybe we effected that change.

mnju_03
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I like this guy!

fuzzy
08-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Even with new content you are still going to get your a$$ handed to you by gold spenders as I do. It has been that way from day 1.

Day 1 - build buildings / collect money from building / rob - attack another player / be robbed and attacked by another player

Day 2 - repeat

Day 3 - repeat

-----------

Try making your own game within the game.

Currently my game within the game is with another player on who can farm 100 ECB first and which one of us can hit level 120 first. We started the race at level 118.

Our next race will be to see who can hit Level 125 the fastest.

Make some side bets with the player (10 dollar itunes card ) Who can rob the most in a week / who can complete more thug life rounds in a week.

I will never be able to compete with gold spenders but I can compete against a friend of mine. These games within the game are so much funner then events to me.

Maniaxe
08-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Aye I concur.

And Fuzzy I have you both beat by five busses. :)

Second Comming
08-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Its just the way the game is, I don't think I care enough about CC anymore to care about these gripes and rants that come up all the time. The game is how it is, I don't think it will ever change, ppl with 100k+ stats will always win (even though they must find the game a tad boring from having no competition).

PLay it, Don't play it, take a break, whatever - 100's of great games out atm and monthly pay MMO's where you actually feel like you accomplish something when you get a rare loot item, not a competition on who has the most spare rl $ to spend.

Luciferianism
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Everything has the aim of making cash- your buildings or your robbing- yet cash has practically no point, therefore game has no point. Yet our addictions remain.

You gotta play as though your aim is to spite other people, rather than make cash, only then will you have any enjoyment.

len
08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Gree has no motivation to change anything in the game, because "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you earn a steady income from gold buyers, and your goal is generating income, you're doing great! There is no reason to invest in the additional resources required to alter or add content.

If the gold buyers stopped buying gold, there would be reactive change.

p.s. I enjoy CC.

doinkent
08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
everything has been given to mark in a summarised piece for him and his team to examine and the guy has done absolutely nothing. no idea what the point of this forum is. mark is hopeless i dont care what you all say trying to stick up for him. he has done jack sh!t since being appointed in his new role.

Mikecore
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
everything has been given to mark in a summarised piece for him and his team to examine and the guy has done absolutely nothing. no idea what the point of this forum is. mark is hopeless i dont care what you all say trying to stick up for him. he has done jack sh!t since being appointed in his new role.

You, me, he, she are playing crime city by gree, not by CCM...

CCM has a specific role here...I think he has stated in a clear way that he is not responsible for introducing new ingame stuff...he just transfers the new ideas, player suggestions, etc trying to convince the big ones that take the decisions!

he has been very helpful whenever I wrote a pm to him!

I blame gree, not CCM!

I have given them a month, waiting to see some changes...if not, goodbye cc and KA. Simple and effective solution!

Illuminati
08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
OK... it's the same thing I say to everyone.....

You got to pace yourself...

Play multiple games and don't worry about getting attacked and stuff... it's a PHONE GAME ffs...

It's meant to be played when you don't have anything better to do...

You want to play hardcore games? I can PM you a list of excellent video games that you can WIN at with out spending more than 40bucks... lol...

There IS no "pace" in this game. This is pretty much my daily routine for this game:

I have pretty much two main collection times, one in the morning before work and the other at night before bed. In between, I do my hourly attempts at opening the event chests to be greeted with the ever-so-pleasant "Sorry better luck next time". I then look at the leaderboards and wonder why the person at #1 felt it necessary to spend tons of gold to be over 100 event pieces above the person at #25, when in the end, they get the same reward.

After I'm done shaking my head, I look for people to rob or attack for my Thug Life goals (at 212 at the moment although I don't know why I bother doing them as the TL rewards suck a$$). Rinse and repeat until I level up. woohoo!

I tried the camping thing many levels ago before I ended up in the shark tank but that was even more boring. I don't know what fun someone has by doing nothing but collecting money and upgrading so as to increase their IPH.

....hmm...as I was writing the above, I'm just further reminded how pointless this game is.

Anyways, I'm open to suggestions on other games I should check out. For the record, I have no problems spending money on a game as I did it for years playing World of Warcraft. However, there's a stark difference in spending money that goes towards the development of a game wherein the programmers and developers listen to player feedback, and what we have here in Crime City where Gree is merely exploiting people's gambling habits. How much effort does it take really to simply change the name of the weekly event items and the icons associated with them? Gree can't even program their modifiers on weapons correctly it seems. Probably one of the reasons why they eliminated the modifier from the top 250 event prize (which btw they've given absolutely no explanation for), in addition to baiting more people to spend real money on gold by narrowing the "winners' bracket".

Boom
08-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Can anyone pm me some fun iOS games that are free and is multiplayer.(not a game like CC)

Mikecore
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Can anyone pm me some fun iOS games that are free and is multiplayer.(not a game like CC)

The prune city...

Boom shakalaka!...lol

Carmine74
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I am enjoying the game however if it gets to a point where it is no longer fun, I'll stop playing.

mob
08-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Illuminati,

You hit the nail on the head. My habits have changed dramatically as well. I am floored when I look at the leaderboard and see the amount of gold spending. Recently, I believe the top prize was a 10% gain in respect points. What does 10% do? Buy a few more RPG's? If it were me, I would buy alot of top weapons/crap instead of finding my name on the leaderboard. (incidentally, one of Funzio's contests had a 30% gain in respect points and based on the points I get from fights, I doubt the gain was added. I typically get 1 point for 3 of 10 fights!)

Another point is they have not awarded all contests. The recent 10% reduction in upgrade time may have been given to the first time winners, but those (like me) that had a 25% reduction during the loaded dice event were not boosted the additional 10. I did extend a bit with gold to get in the top 500 so I remain disastified with Gree(d).

by the way, the initial change to the contests I found many names I recognized on the leaderboard. Recently, I don't recognize any so to that end, perhaps Greed is actually plugging entries to fill the top 25 in order to entice a few into a gold dump. Note: I favor the old contests. I was more likely to spend a bar if I was close to the 10th item.

Finally, my objective now is simply one to keep upgrading. If I am robbed, I am pleased for the souls who scour the site endlessly looking for some $. I will never be one to have 100K in the stat column nor will I spend more to improve the stats.

For whats it's worth,

Mob

7rs60
08-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm just in it for the trolling, so it's still plenty of fun for me.

Nudie
08-07-2012, 07:10 PM
What's the point in living if you're just going to eventually die? :p

fuzzy
08-07-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm just in it for the trolling, so it's still plenty of fun for me.

Haven't seen much activity on your game.

Did you quit ?

7rs60
08-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Haven't seen much activity on your game.

Did you quit ?

Trolled levels 7, 43, and 119 today on my devices. Learned to have higher income buildings, and buy crates instead of scratchers for maximum trolling.

Coldcommander
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Even with new content you are still going to get your a$$ handed to you by gold spenders as I do. It has been that way from day 1.

Day 1 - build buildings / collect money from building / rob - attack another player / be robbed and attacked by another player

Day 2 - repeat

Day 3 - repeat

-----------

Try making your own game within the game.

Currently my game within the game is with another player on who can farm 100 ECB first and which one of us can hit level 120 first. We started the race at level 118.

Our next race will be to see who can hit Level 125 the fastest.

Make some side bets with the player (10 dollar itunes card ) Who can rob the most in a week / who can complete more thug life rounds in a week.

I will never be able to compete with gold spenders but I can compete against a friend of mine. These games within the game are so much funner then events to me.
Or try starting your own Clan like CK and get strong members that buy gold and create a whole other dynamic in the game. I'm so busy with CC, my wall is lucky to have messages a day old. Then you have a purpose to spend gold.
I LOVE CC AND CK!!!!!!!

<3 Hz
08-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Some people have hundreds of thousands or even millions of $ to blow. Kind of silly to do it on a game though. I'd rather have a Lamborghini Aventador, a vacation home or two, and a G6 to get me from continent to continent.

mnju_03
08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Some people have hundreds of thousands or even millions of $ to blow. Kind of silly to do it on a game though. I'd rather have a Lamborghini Aventador, a vacation home or two, and a G6 to get me from continent to continent.

I'd like to just float around.

Boom
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I would just blow it all on the lottery just to randomly get more and do it again.

Paulio
08-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I would just blow it all on the lottery just to randomly get more and do it again.

Be honest! You would just blow it all up your nose. Sinner.

Nudie
08-07-2012, 10:41 PM
If I had a lot of money I'd give most of it to charity and keep just enough for my basic needs. :D

mnju_03
08-07-2012, 10:43 PM
If I had a lot of money I'd give most of it to charity and keep just enough for my basic needs. :D

Define "basic needs"...

Swifty
08-07-2012, 11:10 PM
If I had lots of money, I would just give it all to Nudie.

Nudie
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
If I had lots of money, I would just give it all to Nudie.

Swifty, you're earning a lot of karma points! :o

Nudie
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Define "basic needs"...

Tomato ketchup... heart shaped boxers... Koralene... Scotch.... Baroness... prime rib... Chester.... coconut tree... Bea... Scotch... Scotch... Scotch...

Paulio
08-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Tomato ketchup... heart shaped boxers... Koralene... Scotch.... Baroness... prime rib... Chester.... coconut tree... Bea... Scotch... Scotch... Scotch...

You forgot Paulio. I'm sure that was just a typo.

_dan_
08-07-2012, 11:45 PM

man, your "basic needs" is always double of your income, no chance for a decent charity.

Nudie
08-07-2012, 11:55 PM
You forgot Paulio. I'm sure that was just a typo.

You're correct but for the sake of brevity I only named the needy. :p

koralene
08-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Awwww nudie. I think I'm falling in love. :) my kind of bloke. I hope I'm in your list of basic needs. :p

Nudie
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Awwww nudie. I think I'm falling in love. :) my kind of bloke. I hope I'm in your list of basic needs. :p

You top my list. Your name is in solid gold, encrusted with rubies and diamonds. :cool:

Sdot
08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
This is why I have never spent a dime on weapons. What's the point. Blows my mind the money some people spend

I've been playing this game for God knows how long and I just hit level 170. I don't know why it's taken me this long to realize this, but after getting attacked/robbed by another level 200 player with 100k+ stats, I thought to myself, "what the hell is the point of this game??"

Even if I were to play this game for another year or so, there's no way I'll ever obtain 100k+ stats without spending tons of gold on crates, event items, etc. Even then, what fun is it to attack/rob someone with a fraction of my attack rating? This game involves absolutely no skill whatsoever. It's just tapping a button on a screen and letting the random number generator spit out the results. I guess for those spending tons of real money on this game, it's considered entertainment.

jah5
08-09-2012, 04:01 AM

Speaking of money, back with the old style events (collect 10 of whatever), I was lucky enough to get 3 of the end-event items. Like others, I used some gold when I hit 8 or 9 items in the hopes of getting the 10th, albeit unsuccessfully. With the new style events, I haven't spent a single gold piece and have absolutely no motivation to. Seeing how many items the people in the top 25 have, I'm sure everyone will agree that free players and casual gold spenders have absolutely no chance in getting into the top 25. Honestly, I don't even try with the new events. I consider myself lucky if I end up with even 2 of the prizes (collect 10 pieces).

This game has gone to complete crap. Remember when LFizzle made announcements of new and upcoming content back in APRIL? Curiously, all those threads are gone. Notwithstanding, for months now, people have been posting great ideas and suggestions as to how to make this game better, for free and gold players alike. The Billiionaire even compiled everything into ONE thread for easy reference by CCMark and the powers that be.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36751-SUMMARY-What-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City-so-far........

What have we gotten in response? CCMark poking his head in every now and then to ban people for forum transgressions all while giving cryptic and vague updates on the game, if you even want to call it that. Maybe for the rest of you, you enjoy "participating" in these weekly events which have become nothing more than a means for Gree to squeeze out money from the heavy gold spenders, who simply can't help themselves as the prizes (even for top 25) are a joke.

Meh, sorry for the rant...I think my days with CC are numbered as it's just completely boring now. Btw, it doesn't even phase me anymore when I get successfully robbed/attacked as I don't care. Oh noes! Someone stole $200,000 from me...let me go camp him to try and get the money back. After all, we all know how useful money is in this game. :rolleyes:

i agree and ive been banned for so called cheating which is a laugh aswell!

RijilV
08-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Currently my game within the game is with another player on who can farm 100 ECB first

Odd, I actually stopped at 100 ECB (was all I needed)