PDA

View Full Version : Add a report player button!!!

CAPT.GIN
08-06-2012, 07:43 AM
This game really needs one in the future! It seems like there are threads about hackers everyday now. The report player would make it easier on everyone. I just don't understand why they won't add one! I hate that we have to send a ticket for it, when support has so many other things to take care of. Support should have a department just for hackers and cheaters! This is also another good way to report players for spamming you with the " add this code and you will receive free gold" and if they post bad language on your wall! What do you all think? This would be great in the next update.

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 07:48 AM
In theory not a bad idea, in application this will get horribly abused. I can see someone who loses getting mad and just reporting anyone and everyone out of spite.

Miner
08-06-2012, 07:49 AM
In theory not a bad idea, in application this will get horribly abused. I can see someone who loses getting mad and just reporting anyone and everyone out of spite.

I concur .

CAPT.GIN
08-06-2012, 07:54 AM

That's why I say poop they support should just have a hacker cheater department. They will only work on these issues.

CAPT.GIN
08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Everybody hates hackers and boosters when it comes to games! That's why the call of dutys and other games have it, because they know people will get fed up and stop playing the game over it.

James_mac
08-06-2012, 08:04 AM

i also concur

Fifth Reich
08-06-2012, 08:07 AM
In theory not a bad idea, in application this will get horribly abused. I can see someone who loses getting mad and just reporting anyone and everyone out of spite.I agree with you as people will endlessly report people with a drydock before the level requirement.

Big John
08-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Good idea. Anyone who abuses it should get a temp ban.

CAPT.GIN
08-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Good idea. Anyone who abuses it should get a temp ban.

Great idea!!! Or give them a limit on how many times they can press it in a day.

Mad
08-06-2012, 08:26 AM

Isn't that the truth. It would be a great idea, but it would be horribly abused.

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Gin we are saying its a good idea, just refine it. trust me all great ideas start this way and need to be worked into a more applicable model. Keep going this is a great start.

Mad
08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah it is a great idea.

Maybe there could be a check box system incorporated with it, where you could check the type of cheat it generally was. I am not sure what the list would include but provided a couple of examples below:

There would be the provision that if the player does not match your description, you will receive a week ban or something like that. Three or more and you will receive a permanent ban.

There would also be a box where a player could provide more explanation.

Sample check box:

Has units unavailable at his level
Has massive numbers of high level cash units incompatible with his IPH.

CAPT.GIN
08-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Gin we are saying its a good idea, just refine it. trust me all great ideas start this way and need to be worked into a more applicable model. Keep going this is a great start.

Thank you poop... Today is gin act serious day and I want this thread to be noticed by everyone! Give me more ideas on how to refine it please...

Miner
08-06-2012, 09:22 AM
I think it's a good idea, but I also agree that it will be abused.

After playing for several months now, I have a feeling most players out there wouldn't even realize there was something screwy with a hackers inventory/stats. There's a lot you need to know about the game in order to accurately report a hacker. I think a lot of players with little to no game knowledge will end up reporting guys with strong stats just because they can't fathom how someone would ever accomplish stats like that legitimately.

Imagine if War Priest or Copenhagen love taps a guy at level 95 with 300 allies, an IPH of 65k and a defense stat of 6,000 (I see these guys all over the place around levels 87-89 right now). That guy looks at WP/Cope's stats and thinks, "No way." REPORT.

Ryans67
08-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I disagree with the ban for a first time abuser. Little harsh. Maybe a warning for the first time, just because you don't want to scare away valid reports. CCM has said they take cheating seriously, and they do have people whose only job is to investigate the cheaters.

I say you make it cost to file a report, like $1m. Then if it is a valid cheat, they give you enough gold to get a crate. :cool: In all seriousness, they should compensate us for dealing with it.

mickymacirl
08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
We need a report a Gin button.

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 09:41 AM
We need a report a Gin button.

Strike that, a Gin and Tonic button!

Maverick50727
08-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I think it's a good idea, but I also agree that it will be abused.

After playing for several months now, I have a feeling most players out there wouldn't even realize there was something screwy with a hackers inventory/stats. There's a lot you need to know about the game in order to accurately report a hacker. I think a lot of players with little to no game knowledge will end up reporting guys with strong stats just because they can't fathom how someone would ever accomplish stats like that legitimately.

Imagine if War Priest or Copenhagen love taps a guy at level 95 with 300 allies, an IPH of 65k and a defense stat of 6,000 (I see these guys all over the place around levels 87-89 right now). That guy looks at WP/Cope's stats and thinks, "No way." REPORT.

I agree it migh be abused. Supposedly like others stated there is already certain people in Funzio that handle only the cheaters. If so, a separate button would optimize the ticket routing to those who will handle it. I for one deal with ticket queues in my line of work and know even just the time spent in the transfer to the correct support person can be a time saver.

I also have to state here that Funzio needs to address and fix the issues that allows the cheating. Bans on someone that is using a hack is a bandaid in my opinion. The vulnerabilty needs to be addressed to prevent others from exploiting it. For each person caught there are probably many more doing the same thing which goes unreported.

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 10:09 AM
I agree it migh be abused. Supposedly like others stated there is already certain people in Funzio that handle only the cheaters. If so, a separate button would optimize the ticket routing to those who will handle it. I for one deal with ticket queues in my line of work and know even just the time spent in the transfer to the correct support person can be a time saver.

I also have to state here that Funzio needs to address and fix the issues that allows the cheating. Bans on someone that is using a hack is a bandaid in my opinion. The vulnerabilty needs to be addressed to prevent others from exploiting it. For each person caught there are probably many more doing the same thing which goes unreported.

maybe as well there could be a prioritzer. part of the submission is the player code. it could databased based on this code and the more submissions the higher the priority. I know this may have it draw backs but some of the more obvious ones would be highlighted by more people. I know there are details to work out, but its an option.

Mad
08-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I think the button is valid for the more common type of hacks. For example, the cloaks where the base is empty but the guy still collects $300,000 IHP.

I think check boxes (citing the more common hacks) might work. Because a person would not be able to submit a complaint unless they checked a box. But there would be a warning that if this is not the case, there could be repercussions. If people are posting profanity on other players walls when they lose money, what would they do if they had a chance to report them.

The check boxes would also inform people of some of the more common hacks out there.

And two it would serve as a warning to those who are doing the hacking that they can easily be reported.

But it is important to stop the nuisance complaints because if you think support is slow now ....

The more elaborate hacks where there are inordinate amounts of high level loot or even gold units, would need to go through the process currently in place.

Corsair
08-06-2012, 10:26 AM
We need a report a Gin button.Amen. Flan v2.0.

Maybe I'm the only one, but this is a terrible idea. 98% of the players in this game have no idea how to tell the difference between cheats and not, and a not much lower number could care less. CCM has already stated that 80% of those reported aren't actually cheating (I think that was the number, it may have been higher). You think they will hire more people just to handle these tickets? Here's a thought, catching cheats doesn't increase revenue. Filing multiple pointless tickets just slows down response to actual issues.

If you see something suspicious, use the Contact Support button and give as many details as possible, just like a bug report. Pictures help. This is not rocket science.

Omega1980
08-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I have been attacked three times by a guy with extremely huge stats for level 65. 102k attack and 82k defense and his is level 65. He even has 350 raptor(gold unit sold for 180 gold) and even more gold units with huge amounts.

Miner
08-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I have been attacked three times by a guy with extremely huge stats for level 65. 102k attack and 82k defense and his is level 65. He even has 350 raptor(gold unit sold for 180 gold) and even more gold units with huge amounts.

That's $4,200 worth of raptors (gold sale would cost $3,360). Wow.

SGT Barr
08-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I like the idea of reporting a cheater but let me say this. I get postings all the time on my wall from fellow players calling me a cheat all the time. I am a gold player and do have quite a few gold units (too many my wife would say). I don't like the idea of people cheating in this game as it off sets the advantage that a someone buying gold has but hey it's america and people are free to act how they want. A "button" to report a cheater would result in gold buyers getting flagged as cheaters which in fact we are the ones that pay for this game so you all can play for free. i think more often than not people are jealous of gold buyers and they quickly assume it someone cheating. When really its guys a guy/woman who buys a bunch of gold. the button would only hastle those of us who spend money on this game

Dreno33
08-06-2012, 11:53 AM
have an "add screenshot(s) / take screenshot(s)" button to upload inside the reporting window as well

Ryans67
08-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I like the idea of reporting a cheater but let me say this. I get postings all the time on my wall from fellow players calling me a cheat all the time. I am a gold player and do have quite a few gold units (too many my wife would say). I don't like the idea of people cheating in this game as it off sets the advantage that a someone buying gold has but hey it's america and people are free to act how they want. A "button" to report a cheater would result in gold buyers getting flagged as cheaters which in fact we are the ones that pay for this game so you all can play for free. i think more often than not people are jealous of gold buyers and they quickly assume it someone cheating. When really its guys a guy/woman who buys a bunch of gold. the button would only hastle those of us who spend money on this game

I don't think it would really hinder the honest player. If they really do have a core group of guys that is responsible for investigating cheats, they would see high gold spenders name and quickly move on. I don't see how this would hassle anyone...

Ryans67
08-06-2012, 12:08 PM
have an "add screenshot(s) / take screenshot(s)" button to upload inside the reporting window as well

Wouldn't that be great? It's a hassle to send pictures to support, especially on the ipad/iphone.

Corsair
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
A "button" to report a cheater would result in gold buyers getting flagged as cheaters...Not to mention the dummies who think raiding is stealing, etc.

have an "add screenshot(s) / take screenshot(s)" button to upload inside the reporting window as wellYep, if Apple would add this to their email interface, problem solved; as it is now you have to copy/paste. Ridiculous. I've actually gone direct to the ZenDesk ticket and added them after reporting, so much easier that way.