PDA

View Full Version : Spin C…City. A friendly guide for (some) beginners

Kiss Of Death
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Hello and if your new to the forum and CC then I hope this gives you some good help before it fades away down that forum list of gibberish threads. :)

Every now and then I post a book on things I think are helpful, don’t get put off by people bagging others efforts to help. Take what you need or think is helpful from each thread and make your own decisions… so here goes…

When you start this game you need to have a think about what you want to get from it… do you want to play it for fun and attack people? Do you want to have the biggest hood you can and loads of cash to spend on those very expensive items? Will you spend money and if so how much gold is your limit and what to buy.

So here’s was my strategy I took and why (I’m a business banking and finance analyst so I looked at this all statistically)

The first thing I did was scroll through all the items and look at the cost of items vs. their attack and defense scores. I looked at the respect items for the same levels that unlocked and their very high attack and defense values. Then I looked at the buildings, their cost, times to upgrade and maximum out puts for the respective levels.

My summary was that until you got to much higher levels respect was the ultimate income you can earn, so I started to play to see how much money and respect you can earn quickly.

I found respect very easy to earn… both from attacking buildings of certain types and players in general. I found that attacking players very quickly completed championships and more and earn far greater amounts of respect than you can possibly earn cash.

With that in mind I threw my level increase points into attack skill and stamina… a little into energy and def. I set a goal of 60 stamina (30 buildings hit twice each or lots of PvP on players). I felt defense is a waste of time because you don’t lose items (other than an odd grenade if that’s your fancy (see below)) if attacked. And if your goal is respect income then if your raided and are happy to expect the loss of 60% of your buildings income as a worst case scenario then it doesn’t matter about being raided at all.

So now I set out buying up at first 50 of each respect item I unlocked and my cold hard stats flew above others. As my stamina increased and my attack skill I found I could hit much more powerful players with def scores up to 20% higher than my attack. I would raid buildings for cash and do PvE for cash and loot to earn more respect. I would PvP players to finish as many missions that pay respect as I could… and while doing this I slowly built up all the buildings one at a time and used the cash to upgrade them they generated. In fact I found few people raided me because I focused on the regular quick lower value buildings that pay out often but low amounts… and while I collected 100% of the income each time I did it 10 times a day and racked up cash I hadn’t expected to earn.

I have found this a fun way to play. I can get on and raid who ever I like, rarely care if I am attacked because I lose noting than a bit of cash… far less than I earn from raiding myself. My hood is growing nicely and I have very powerful stats. No def buildings to speak of that are easily the most useless buildings in my opinion for their cost… again… they waste space for income buildings and they do so little to boost your defense you literally need hundreds of them as some players try to do.

So explosives… when I started I bought attack and defense ones, and the mixed ones… quickly I learnt that def ones gave a boost but if your attacked lots then you lose them… and since I already knew defense was not a necessary tactic for me they became a waste of money (other than I will have at least enough smoke grenades for each mafia because they are cheap and why not). So I only buy PURE attack ones, no mixed ones and no defense ones. That way I ONLY lose them when I attack someone and not when someone attacks me. This makes the ones I buy far more effective for my game play.

Long term I have jumped levels quickly and have a smaller hood than campers. But the money I have made in raiding and the respect points are huge. I am yet to find value for money in non respect items but you DO need them to fill out your mob while you slowly get more and more respect items.

Well that’s my thoughts on how I play for fun. I hope some of you found something interesting in it or get some value from my ideas and if not, thank you for taking time to read it anyway.

mnju_03
08-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I didn't read it, but I agree.

Nudie
08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the guide. Many will find it very useful and informative. You should visit us more often. :o

joaquim
08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I agree on your point about defense buildings but have to disagree about not getting the defense explosives. Since defense buildings provide fake defense, it's better to get explosives that give you the defense shown(that is until they get consumed).

Kiss Of Death
08-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree on your point about defense buildings but have to disagree about not getting the defense explosives. Since defense buildings provide fake defense, it's better to get explosives that give you the defense shown(that is until they get consumed).

Thanks Joaquim, however my position was defense is not part of my system, I am happy to wear some lost cash raided which works out less than losing high level defense explosives... over and over again.

A side note... when I do oddly buy some gold in CC... I only buy the LE explosives as they are gutsy, fill a gap where most other items are won for free already in Mêlée, guns, armor and cars in events and so on. As such only 3-4 gold explosives gives my mob more attack and defense than a dozen of any any cash item can buy and it wont go away.

Where as with respect RPG, Sawn-offs etc and the other categories items all being boosted by the free event/drop items I get the most value only buying explosives with gold... and not worrying about spending 1.2 million on 400 stun grenades or higher... while 400 stun grenades might give my defense a temporary boost of 2,400...why? so some extra close stats people don't raid me... and not that many do anymore. That 1.2 million is more expansions, and upgrades, and minimum cash items to do high level PvE's

But yes if your cash is precious and your a camper relying on mega bucks for items rather than fighting for respect and leveling up then go for defense explosives all you can over defense buildings ANY DAY!

koralene
08-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Since I've started over, I've learned from all my mistakes previously made in game. I'm saving all my respect points for the high tier items. Right now I've got 50k saved. Before when I was working on my stats, I would buy a lot of individual gold items but now I'm only buying crates and thinking end game stats. All skill points are being put into energy and stamina. Once I get to 1000 and 50, I'll save all the rest until I decide what I want to do with them.

Defense buildings I'm still undecided on. I've bought 20 bodyguard agencies and 20 Thai buildings but I've been told by a few not to bother but somebody else said to get them. For now I've stopped building them until I make a decision.

joaquim
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks Joaquim, however my position was defense is not part of my system, I am happy to wear some lost cash raided which works out less than losing high level defense explosives... over and over again.

A side note... when I do oddly buy some gold in CC... I only buy the LE explosives as they are gutsy, fill a gap where most other items are won for free already in Mêlée, guns, armor and cars in events and so on. As such only 3-4 gold explosives gives my mob more attack and defense than a dozen of any any cash item can buy and it wont go away.

Where as with respect RPG, Sawn-offs etc and the other categories items all being boosted by the free event/drop items I get the most value only buying explosives with gold... and not worrying about spending 1.2 million on 400 stun grenades or higher... while 400 stun grenades might give my defense a temporary boost of 2,400...why? so some extra close stats people don't raid me... and not that many do anymore. That 1.2 million is more expansions, and upgrades, and minimum cash items to do high level PvE's

But yes if your cash is precious and your a camper relying on mega bucks for items rather than fighting for respect and leveling up then go for defense explosives all you can over defense buildings ANY DAY!

LEs are good but I still think crates are better. Let's say there's a weapon that cost 980 gold. If you buy crates, there's a chance that you can get 3 weapons with the same stats but for 175 gold instead of 980.

As for respect items, I think it's better to save up for the high tier respect weapons. The ones at the beginning of the game will eventually be replaced and no longer taken to battle causing you to lose your respect but if the player is in desperate need to get their stats up in the early game then that's when it becomes necessary to buy those early game respect weapons.

ShawnBB
08-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Kiss of death, I appreciate everyone who made such a great effort typing so much.

frankly I'm doing things in financial mathematics as well.
Yeah, one important understanding of this game is always go for the extreme stats stuff.
Get items with 0/X,1/X if you are trying to defend, get items with X/0, X/1 if you are going offensive.

I talked at KA forum long time ago about the importance of defense point and attack points. I don't understand why people like to go offensive and put their hood in trouble,then gradually have to give up on hood construct.

It is always easy to find a weak target to complete valor points goals. Simply because your stats is overwhelming.
But hard to fend off thousands of random players all over the world visiting your base everyday.
For a normal player, funzio game is mainly a passive cumulating game that needs months to get some visible achievement.
I'm not sure if you agree with the statement that attack point=boost active play, defense point=boost passive play
Also ask yourself how long you spent on this game every 24 hours? 1 hour or 2 at most.
Dont you think defense points are a lot more important?

You can't defend large whales doesnt mean that you can't defend whales. I fend off countless medium gold spenders everyday. All I'm suffering now are those credit card holders that are worth to be portrayed in a forum thread.

It is totally different if you can be defeated by 5 rivals or 10 rivals.
Say if the chance your base got visited by one of them is 10%.
Then there is 90%^5 =59% chance that your money buildings are safe.
How about 10 rivals? 90%^10= 35% chance you are still safe.
15 rivals? 20% survive chance,which means you are screwed.
What I mean is it's vital to fend off as much player as you can, put out their interest in coming back.

Meanwhile, an attack points focused player could easily get into trouble on personal conflict(curse and revenge). Because the juicy target you picked up are mostly strong player as well. He could easily penetrate your defense back due to your poor points allocate. Which makes your army casualty and money buildings full of red alert around.

Vince the Fist
08-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Kiss of Death, you and your disorder are welcome to the next Fistival too.

Kiss Of Death
08-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Kiss of death, I appreciate everyone who made such a great effort typing so much.

frankly I'm doing things in financial mathematics as well.
Yeah, one important understanding of this game is always go for the extreme stats stuff.
Get items with 0/X,1/X if you are trying to defend, get items with X/0, X/1 if you are going offensive.

I talked at KA forum long time ago about the importance of defense point and attack points. I don't understand why people like to go offensive and put their hood in trouble,then gradually have to give up on hood construct.

Thanks again... but what seems to be missing here is an understanding this is not KA or MW where you LOSE units in droves!... CC is a kick arse no loss game! defense is useless... whoop de doo I get some big guy I rip the $$$ off get upset with his gold equipment and buddies... they all come hunting and... oh... sad... my few buildings get raided and I collect 200,000 instead of 600,000 today... and if I don't collect for 3 days... they get frustrated because they cant all get at me... and if they do... they don't get anything?! I have no defensive explosives to get used up... but I am smacking them back and banking all their cash they camped away to develop..... so...

If you want to have fun be a mobster not a landlord.... my hood is still much larger than most others my level anyway and its secondary to my fighting...

Here's my stats...
Playing since May 2012...

Lvl 111
Att Skill 225
Def Skill 10
Stamina 60
Energy 1150
Attack 18239
Def 18490 (190 of it buildings)

I can fight and beat def of 26,000
if they hit me... they get nothing or very little

IPH 22541

Raid income: about 500,000 - 1,000,000 a day casually.
Respect a day (not missions) 150-400 casually

Kol, I agree save if you want to but if your a reg casual like me then you can bank 1000 respect a day if you go hard or every 2-3 days if you work and have kids. doesn't take long with missions to arm up. And only having played for not even 3 months in full yet I'm gaining by having 100 of each respect item as they are still way more powerful than guns and equip costing in the 100k's to millions each.

J, crates rock... but I have so many event items rolling in and equipment that I deliberately focus on filling in the explosives which are hard to score as gold items in crates. I bought 40 crates and got zero explosives.... so thought stuff it and started just buying LE's instead. Very targeted spending... but definitely for general chance at a high item go crates every day.

Sorry in a rush, sorry about spelling...

nopenopenope
08-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Kol, I agree save if you want to but if your a reg casual like me then you can bank 1000 respect a day if you go hard or every 2-3 days if you work and have kids.

1) it's Kor
b) does she look like she has kids? VA-voom! :)
III) if she's a "reg casual", I'm the caped crusader

Nudie
08-06-2012, 06:19 AM
1) it's Kor
b) does she look like she has kids? VA-voom! :)
III) if she's a "reg casual", I'm the caped crusader

1) It's Kors
2) We decided to wait before we have kids
3) You're correct, she's HARDCORE.

nopenopenope
08-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Ack! The boxers are gone?!?

mind....flutters...

Nudie
08-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Ack! The boxers are gone?!?

mind....flutters...

LOL, I though I'd put my face up for a change. The boxers will be back. :p

Kiss Of Death
08-06-2012, 07:31 AM
1) it's Korb) does she look like she has kids? VA-voom! :)III) if she's a "reg casual", I'm the caped crusader1) Yes Kor but as I was typing in a hurry I miss-spelled... 2) I wasn't referring to her but about players in general... And btw... Have you seen me? And I've had 4 kids! What a jerk to assume all women let themselves go after children! Like saying all middle aged men all have guts and skinny legs and look stupid... Actually now that I say that.... 3) again... Not referring to her but to player in general... That's why it a general help thread... I've been waiting for idiots to find it... Thanks for not disappointing me ;)

Kiss Of Death
08-06-2012, 07:33 AM
1) It's Kors2) We decided to wait before we have kids3) You're correct, she's HARDCORE.Lol Luv your work nudie... I miss your bum avatar... Should I change mine back to my g string photo ?

nopenopenope
08-06-2012, 07:43 AM
1) Yes Kor but as I was typing in a hurry I miss-spelled... 2) I wasn't referring to her but about players in general... And btw... Have you seen me? And I've had 4 kids! What a jerk to assume all women let themselves go after children! Like saying all middle aged men all have guts and skinny legs and look stupid... Actually now that I say that.... 3) again... Not referring to her but to player in general... That's why it a general help thread... I've been waiting for idiots to find it... Thanks for not disappointing me ;)

Wow, you've assumed so much, you've got me pegged! Yep, I'm an idiot, Dippy can confirm... Thanks for stopping by the CC forum :)

btw, I've seen your pics, Kor is like 10+ years your junior, and you already know you're an attractive person, not sure why you're so quick to rebuke.

Nudie
08-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Lol Luv your work nudie... I miss your bum avatar... Should I change mine back to my g string photo ?

Thanksh KOD, the bum avatar will be back as soon as I scrub out the wet spot from me boxers.
I do like your g string photo. Please PM full body shot of the same photo, it's missing the best bits. :p

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Lol Luv your work nudie... I miss your bum avatar... Should I change mine back to my g string photo ?

............YES!

Dreno33
08-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Team Sexey

Bea
08-06-2012, 11:07 AM
............YES!

+1

let's see this hot momma lol

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 11:17 AM
+1

Did we just become best friends?

Bea
08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Did we just become best friends?

If you don't mind sharing me with Nudie.

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
If you don't mind sharing me with Nudie.

Brothers share!

Nudie
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Brothers share!

I'll share Boom with you. :p

sexkitteh
08-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Since I've started over, I've learned from all my mistakes previously made in game. I'm saving all my respect points for the high tier items. Right now I've got 50k saved. Before when I was working on my stats, I would buy a lot of individual gold items but now I'm only buying crates and thinking end game stats. All skill points are being put into energy and stamina. Once I get to 1000 and 50, I'll save all the rest until I decide what I want to do with them.

Defense buildings I'm still undecided on. I've bought 20 bodyguard agencies and 20 Thai buildings but I've been told by a few not to bother but somebody else said to get them. For now I've stopped building them until I make a decision.

wowowowowowowow... you RESTARTED the game and yet you STILL purchased 20 BA's?????

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Dreno33
08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
wowowowowowowow... you RESTARTED the game and yet you STILL purchased 20 BA's?????

b/c she wanted to? thats why most do it :D

ShawnBB
08-06-2012, 01:40 PM

She probably did that before knowing the true defense of BAs. I assume forum folks just figured that out lately right?

joaquim
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
She probably did that before knowing the true defense of BAs. I assume forum folks just figured that out lately right?

Yup. Actual defense at level 10 is 55.

Kiss Of Death
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
+1

Ok Bea.. you paid for it... lol!

Boom
08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
KoD invite me to join team sexier? :)

Boom
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36013-Name-the-Players-Name-Come-Participate-or-watch

Here's some pics of MW forum members. KoD is in.

Shout out to Dreno33 i think he's handsome lol. No homo..

joaquim
08-07-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36013-Name-the-Players-Name-Come-Participate-or-watch

Here's some pics of MW forum members. KoD is in.

Shout out to Dreno33 i think he's handsome lol. homo..

Someone should start this thread in CC forum. It's dead in MW forum.

Boom
08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
U start it then..