PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a Mid-High Level Players Guide?

Jp lfs
08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Good evening, folks.

Before I retire from active forum activity, I have been toying with putting together an Intermediate guide for Modern War. I feel like the Beginner's Guide has been done very well by JohnnyR and Agent Orange already, but there is a complete void of advice past level 50-60, in my opinion. I planned to focus my efforts on the area from Levels 80-130. If I do so, I will send drafts to some of you for critique before publishing.

But before I waste a lot of time for all of us, I figured I should ask if anyone really is interested first.

So, no blind poll or anything, I would prefer direct and honest responses. PM if you prefer, but basically:

Are you interested in my advice for the area between beginner's strategy and low level camping, and the entrance into whale territory? (I am certainly NOT qualified to write that whale-zone guide! Although, I would love for someone else to do so. *Hint, hint, AO, JMC, Maverick, etc...)

Thank you in advance for your responses, positive or negative.

Hello Kitty
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I would love it! Thank you for doing something like this. Let me know if you need any data from my base, etc. Thanks Jp.

CAPT.GIN
08-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Great idea Jp! Your gonna help a lot of people with this idea.

Jp lfs
Thank you, HK. I was gonna send you my first draft for critique whether you wanted it or not, anyways! ;)

Vballmadam
I think it's a great idea. We can always learn something. Why are you planning on retireing?

CAPT.GIN
08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm gonna give this idea 5 stars. I'm at level 53 rite now and still camping if you want any info from me I'll be glad to share it.

Mad
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes definitely would fill a need. I for one will be entering that level soon.

I find all this information from people who have gone before extremely helpful.

Jp lfs
08-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Why are you planning on retireing?

I have found myself bickering with other players lately more than collaborating with them. When I first started, this was a haven for hardcore strategy grinding sessions between great minds. I was soaking up info like a sponge. Lately, the whole forum has changed, even more than the game itself has, and rather than become an angry troll, I figured it was better for everyone for me to just quietly slip away.

I still get flattered when AO or JMC or Maverick or Speed ump or George responds to one of my posts, though. I'm glad they have stuck around for so long. Their patience must be endless!

Jhoemel
08-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Great idea man, Ill help if you need some :)

CAPT.GIN
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I have found myself bickering with other players lately more than collaborating with them. When I first started, this was a haven for hardcore strategy grinding sessions between great minds. I was soaking up info like a sponge. Lately, the whole forum has changed, even more than the game itself has, and rather than become an angry troll, I figured it was better for everyone for me to just quietly slip away.

I still get flattered when AO or JMC or Maverick or Speed ump or George responds to one of my posts, though. I'm glad they have stuck around for so long. Their patience must be endless!

Don't leave Jp! I know we never always see eye to eye but we need you here Jp! It won't be the same without you.

Hello Kitty
08-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank you, HK. I was gonna send you my first draft for critique whether you wanted it or not, anyways! ;)You got it! :)

Jp lfs
08-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Great idea man, Ill help if you need some :)

Thank you! I'll make sure to send you a pre-draft. (And now I'm doing what annoys me the most- commenting the crap out of my own thread. Lol.)

Skyser30518
08-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm all fo it. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

marebear
08-05-2012, 08:03 PM
I would love this! I just hit the 80's. And I'm sorry that you won't be around as much. I really value your knowledge and experience and appreciate you sharing with us.

Jhoemel
08-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Thank you! I'll make sure to send you a pre-draft. (And now I'm doing what annoys me the most- commenting the crap out of my own thread. Lol.)

Your welcome man :) You can do it jp

Copenhagen
08-05-2012, 09:24 PM
If you are willing to put in the time, I know it would be much appreciated. I'm getting close to upper levels, and will be happy to review what you have so far.

-->FISH<--
08-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Good idea, many don't find the forum until they have reached those levels. To have a guide to help where they are instead of what they should of done is awesome.

Dry
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
I will be happy to get some help .. Hmm ,, iam a free player and I can use help
You also can pm me to give me some good points ,, I wil be Ty for it

Tate
08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
JP, I for one would certainly appreciate it since I've been leveling unlike mad lately, wasn't very long ago that Cope and I had a FFN at around lvl 55 or so and here I am at 75... We all can learn something new from long time players like yourself no matter what level we maybe on. thank you for making the time, and if you do lurk, please drop in and say hi once in a while,

And, yeah, I know how you feel!

Q Raider
08-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I will send you a couple of things I have done as played a very different game to most.
As I chose to not build an economic base then I had to find other ways of economizing, some of them will be ones anyone can use.

leo23
08-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Excellent idea mate, I for one would appreciate it greatly :)

Copenhagen
08-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Excellent idea mate, I for one would appreciate it greatly :)

@Leo - haven't seen you around for a while. You should have been in the running for coolest avatar Grammy.

Sorry OT.

Bronson
08-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Great idea JP if you need anything drop me a PM

leo23
08-06-2012, 02:06 AM
@Leo - haven't seen you around for a while. You should have been in the running for coolest avatar Grammy.

Sorry OT.

Yes mate, I have been busy with work these days. It seems I have missed all the fun stuff, may be next time perhaps :) Hope you are doing well.

Sorry for OT.

Thunder Child
08-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Sorry day for the Forum when you hang up your boots, JP. You have been and will remain one of the hardcore members here that sorted me out one way or another. I 'owe' you as I owe only one or two others, so I would be only too happy to assist, critique or help you out in any other way.

Rather than retire, why don't you join the growing band of lurkers? It's the new hardcore option!

Khimsoo
08-06-2012, 03:24 AM
I can add into toolkit if permissible and permission granted :)

mickymacirl
08-06-2012, 03:56 AM
I hit level 161 yesterday, its scary up here, if you need any info let me know!

Thunder Child
08-06-2012, 04:24 AM
I hit level 161 yesterday, its scary up here, if you need any info let me know!I'll take whatever info you have, Micky!

Jhoemel
08-06-2012, 04:42 AM
I'll take whatever info you have, Micky!

me too, im closing to that level too

Q Raider
08-06-2012, 04:58 AM
I hit level 161 yesterday, its scary up here, if you need any info let me know!

Not far behind you Micky. Damn few targets for missions up here and they usually mean lots of lost units...

I am actually thinking I will have to start putting some money buildings onto my patch to keep up with the unit losses.

mickymacirl
08-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Not far behind you Micky. Damn few targets for missions up here and they usually mean lots of lost units...

I am actually thinking I will have to start putting some money buildings onto my patch to keep up with the unit losses.

Yep I'd have to agree there, currently at 469k with second nano upgrading to level 2, losing 3 valor units an attack is just stupid, especially vs someone with a 3rd of att or def score, so I try to be smart about it and refresh my rivals list as much as possible! Anyone know when the Valor missions end? I'm on 302nd Force Degradation, requiring 71 st for a win and invasion equal to my level.

Vballmadam
08-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I'll take whatever info you have, Micky!

Me too! Knowledge is key and wisdom comes from experience!

Big John
08-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Any advice is welcome

Q Raider
08-06-2012, 06:32 AM
My economy is under a tenth of yours Micky :-)
At least I have the reduction unit now so perhaps it means it's time to put it to good use.

Pretty sure the force degs just keep on going now, just the number required goes up one each time.
I expect after completing the mission for beating xxx opponents at level 200 that will end.

Jp lfs
08-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I will send you a couple of things I have done as played a very different game to most.
As I chose to not build an economic base then I had to find other ways of economizing, some of them will be ones anyone can use.

Thanks Q. I was never a fan of camping myself, and had to find alternatives to a strong economic base. That usually meant taking advantage of other people's strong economies. I'll gladly welcome any input you have!

You too, Micky, Khimsoo, J, and TC. And thanks for your replies!

Bronson
08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Get a crack on then JP I'm in the early 80s now listening to electo pop & rock ballads. I need to know what awaits in the 90s. I heard it is the G Funk era???

Mogszee
08-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I am always happy to learn more:D

Lt. Falcon
08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
That would be great as I'm at lvl 86. I have a decent economy, but my unit count and density seem low in my opinion. I would like to have comparisons relating to unit count and densities as well as ally counts. Also, key upgrades to boost, economy and unit buildings would be nice to know. Speaking of upgrades, after nearly a week of waiting my airfield lvl 10 completed and I was finally able to buy a few B-52's. Currently working on sea boost building to lvl 2 although my flag is Russia.

Poopenshire
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
yes this would be helpful as well a work in progress. we all know the events changed the dynamics up there and I am sure more things will change as well. It should be owned by someone and maintained by all.

boardgames rule
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
YEs that would be helpful.

Fun
08-06-2012, 10:17 AM
sounds like it wouldnt do any harm to me

Hellstorm
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Jp, retire? Really... Your smiley will be missed mate. Cheers to you

Arizona
08-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Are you interested in my advice for the area between beginner's strategy and low level camping, and the entrance into whale territory? (I am certainly NOT qualified to write that whale-zone guide! Although, I would love for someone else to do so. *Hint, hint, AO, JMC, Maverick, etc...)

Thank you in advance for your responses, positive or negative.
A good idea Jp.
I'm level 80 so I've just joined this middling area. PM me a draft and I'll give you my ops. I'd be interested to hear about ally numbers, and gold light gold and free player strategies for this area. Let me know whatever info might help .
Cheers

negotiator
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
@ JP I would appreciate your time and effort. I hate to read you are thinking about leaving as I have enjoyed your advice and comments. When we become allies you gave me some advice which I appreciated.

I do not engage in the banter however have received a ton of useful hints, tips, and advice from the forum or via the PM. I hate reading 50 pages of crap to find three good posts, so in short I hope you will stick around and share your knowledge.

If we could only get a majority of forum members to stop feeding all the wasted threads maybe it would stop.

Jp lfs
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Quite honestly, there has been more strategy discussion going on today than I have seen in months. Which is why I have been posting like crazy. I'll grind out strategy with y'all all night long. It's why I got hooked here in the first place.

Corsair
08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Heck yeah JP, go for it, would be willing to comment on it too.

Hang in here...if Gree ever gets their act together like CC Mark keeps saying they will , things'll improve around here. Already a little better now that we are skipping dessert (or should I say the dessert has skipped, if you know what I mean?) :)

SeqWins
08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Jp Players like me can benefit from reading a good strategy post written by you, although my stats are far superior compared to those around my level I'm nowhere near as skilled or smart strategically. Needless to say I would appreciate it.

Col.34w
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Sounds like a great idea to do this. I haven't been reading the forums very much anymore as some of the posts/people in the last couple of months have turned me off as well.
I just hit level 100. YIKES! My rival list is
Threatening to say the least..I now see gold players with INSANE stats and unless they can't see me I will very soon need a guide..and a medic! This must be where the Whale territory is that I have been reading about?

BigDog146400220
08-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Sounds like great idea. Would love to see something like that!

Thief
08-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I would Absolutely Love this as I'm currently Level 64 and would like to know ways i can be successful without depending on picking up units from events.

~Ace

Maverick50727
08-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Sorry I haven't said anything yet. I know you can't walk away easily. Per our talks before you know I stated I thought about doing one myself after I hit L150. Been past that for a while but working on other projects. I would be happy to review yours and I'll send you mine too if I ever do. But it isn't on my direct priorities for a few week. I thought about an all encompassing one but I still have many unanswered questions myself. You can never have too many opinions as nobody understands things entirely except the devs.