PDA

View Full Version : Thread for edward

Neonjoe
08-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok, I gave you all the necessary information last night to make you successful, but apparently I couldn't get through to you over wall posts, so I'll consolidate everything here and hold your hand through the process.

The first site I linked you to was http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2012/01/crime-city-economy-planning-guide.html and somehow the only thing you picked up out of that, was buy junkers, which completely blows my ****ing mind, as that's the last thing you should get from that site. That site has every bit of information needed to get yourself on an extremely successful path, but since it didn't work, I'll try to steer your ship back on course.

Now, if you look at your profile, you went from 1150 defense with 157 mafia members to 1083 defense with 50 mafia members. That means your defense per mafia member went from 7.3 to 21.66, almost triple what you had, which is a great start on not losing anywhere near as many fights. Next step is upping your income so that you can start buying items that will protect you and help you win fights and robberies for respect. I would HIGHLY recommend only robbing 3 buildings, depending on how you wish to play. If you do not want to level much, then rob ONLY laundromats, as they will give you the best xp per respect ratio that you're going to find at your level. If you don't care about leveling up, then rob clothing stores and warehouses only, as they will give you the best respect per stamina point spent. To give you an idea of why robbing for money is useless I will do a little math. A tommy gun has stats of 10/6 for 100 respect, the closest thing to that is a sniper rifle at 11/5 for 150k. Take your 150,000 (cash)/100 (respect) and your equivalent value becomes 1500 per respect point. So if you rob a warehouse for 10 respect, that's about a $15,000 value, and at level 28, you're not going to beat that anywhere else.

Now if you look at it on a higher level standpoint... An rpg gives 36/14 for 1,000 respect. To get something similar from items, you could buy 2 multiple grenade launchers 17/10 each, giving you 34/20 effective stats, and costing you 10,000,000. If we say that attack and defense are equal in value, the rpg would total up to 50, and the grenade launchers would total 54. That means the value of the rpg would be 50(rpg)/54(MGL) = 92.6% of the MGL option, and that would be 10,000,000 * .926 or 9,260,000. Take that 9,260,000 (cash)/1000 (respect) and you find the respect now coming out to a value of around 9,260 per point. For other items, such as the exelero, the value per point is much much higher. So it is almost always better to rob for respect than for cash.

Now on to the what to do. Here is a link to a spreadsheet for you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkfoeMtD7UsAdG9Vel9OOGkzQUVGVXN2VmY1elY2N Hc Open it up, and then under the file menu, either make a copy to your own google docs, or download a copy for use in excel.

Upgrade and build from that sheet from the top down, as you complete the buildings and upgrades just delete the items off the list. For items, just find the highest item on the list that you are able to access. The list is sorted by what will give you the highest amount of defense per 1000 energy spent. If you look over at the 2nd column from the left, it will show you what level is required in order to be able to do that mission.

There is a lot more information out there to be had, but I hope that by bringing you to these forums and providing you with this initial information, you will learn enough to be able to find future information for yourself.

Good luck.

Mikecore
08-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry, but your mustache pic prevents me from reading your post!...lol

Nice work!

Boom
08-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Where's Jacob??

Neonjoe
08-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Where's Jacob??

Heh, edward is a guy in my mafia that keeps blowing up my wall with messages about how to play. Trying to help him along.

Swifty
08-04-2012, 03:54 PM
It almost makes me wish I was edward.

Almost.