PDA

View Full Version : Max Vault Limit... would you like to see it increased?

DIrishB
08-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm still a long way off from maxing out my vault, but with the Breeding Den lvl 10 and other high lvl building upgrades being so expensive, would you like to see the max vault limit of 330,000 increased in the near future? If so, how much should this theoretical new max vault be? 500k, 1 million, 1.5 million?

If it's done, do you think it'd hurt the high level PvP aspect of the game?

I'd definitely like it to happen, but think there is a limit so as to still give whales a reason to PvP (besides Championship Round goals).

GetItOn
08-04-2012, 12:57 AM
That would hurt the game. There needs to be risks and strategies involved in progress.

DIrishB
08-04-2012, 01:47 AM
I understand that, which is why I'd like to see a max of only 1 million. But I think there's still plenty of risk involved at higher levels by keeping it at 1 mil. The Breeding Den at 1.9 mil would still put that 1 mil max at just under half of what's required, and given the long upgrade times it'd still leave a lot of wiggle room for whales. More than that is pushing it in my opinion.

Everson25
08-04-2012, 03:22 AM
I voted for 500k. It's good to have real challenges on the game.

Hobtuse
08-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Chose 500k only as a result of no other choice available.

330k is fine. It's really not good if everyone can vault their gold up till 500k.

Kiss Of Death
08-04-2012, 06:39 AM
I said a mill only so you can save for max upgrades and large volumes of troops... The most I saved was 156,000 in one day but it made me nervous so I bought 30 Basalisks.

Dewsy
08-04-2012, 10:15 AM
500k would be good, but to be honest I don't want it to go any higher. I probably will never get to level 10 breeding den but that doesn't bother me, it should be a challenge for those who do manage to get it. What I would like to see is some new money buildings that are more expensive than the max vault, like the nanos in MW.

The_Red
08-04-2012, 10:18 AM
That would hurt the game. There needs to be risks and strategies involved in progress.

Agreeed - there needs to be a purpose to having good stats on the game. If you cant PvP people shooting for items over their vault - whats the point?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I agree about the vault increase. However, I think it should be difficult to achieve after you have hit the 330k level.

Say, only after you reach level 60, 75, 85 or even 100, then you can upgrade to 450k, 550k, 750k or 1m.

Bronson
08-04-2012, 11:03 AM
The vault should not be increased, 330 is fine. If your scared of going over vault up your dee!!!

MaverickMunkey
08-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the vault increase to 500-750k but only after you have reached a certain level - maybe 100.

DIrishB
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I really should've put a poll option for "No Additional Increases Needed". That was dumb of me.

Hapl0
08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Another option it will be "please decrease the max vault limit".

DIrishB
08-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Another option it will be "please decrease the max vault limit".

Sadist.

;)

I do see your point. I should've put more thought into the poll, I'm lvl 66 and still relatively new to the game, so I'm looking at it from more of a defensive, protect my gold at any cost approach. I'm only beginning to understand the other side of that coin (the side with the giant whale eating entire armies and pooping out Dragons).

Hapl0
08-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Lol DIrishB, your pov is funny and scary at the same time.

DIrishB
08-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Lol DIrishB, your pov is funny and scary at the same time.

Yeah, the 14 different psychiatrists I've had in the past year have said things very similar.

But the deaf monkey still whispers in my dreams, and the zebra-patterned giraffe keeps eating all my butterscotch pudding.

Euchred
08-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I'd like to see a straight up bank vaults are not what I like.

Crazy Canuck
08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
I voted for 500K only cuase the I don't think it should be increased option wasn't there.

Needs to be challenges like most have said. It's the strategy part of the game to figure out how to upgrade the manors or breeding den or beast kennel.

BrodawgCanada
08-04-2012, 11:15 PM
It will never be increased, gree makes money by players buying gold coins to get the amount over the protected vault amount!!!

MaverickMunkey
08-04-2012, 11:19 PM
It will never be increased, gree makes money by players buying gold coins to get the amount over the protected vault amount!!!

Yeah - I know that but it like wishing for the lottery win - you know you will never get it but it's nice to dream!!!

MSH
08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I actually am for an unlimited increase - that would allow ppl to have options - you might chose to pay 200k gold to expand your vault to 500k, or select to spend the funds elsewhere. Besides, having decent sized vaults could help level a playing field a bit, as the heavy gem players just buy their mountains of gold for expansions anyway - they don't need large vaults - free players do, IMO.

BTW - I have maxed my vault a while ago, but still a long way from full breeding Den upgrade - am far too deep in a mega whale territory

Fifth Reich
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Had to vote for 1.25.

asdfg12345
08-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Its fine the way it is. If you want to get dragons, either you camp like crazy at low level or spend $200 to buy the gold for the upgrade

Timbathia
08-07-2012, 02:46 AM
I have just started my level 8 breeding den upgrade 5mins ago. The last three days have been the most enjoyable of all my time playing KA while i have been hanging around with my balls swinging in the wind with all that unvaulted gold. Everytime i checked into my kingdom i was sweating that someone had stolen it all. I think the low vault limit compared to the cost of big upgrades is part of what makes this game interesting.

There may be a case for higher vault upgrades to be tied to higher levels as it is easier to go unvaulted at lower levels.

Bea
08-07-2012, 03:21 AM
No increase, but I think they should let people reset the game if they want to try again with a new strategy. I imagine it's harder to turn your game around than it is in CC if you start badly.

Bea
08-07-2012, 03:26 AM
I have just started my level 8 breeding den upgrade 5mins ago.

Nice one! Good luck getting it to 10 :p

asdfg12345
08-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I have just started my level 8 breeding den upgrade 5mins ago. The last three days have been the most enjoyable of all my time playing KA while i have been hanging around with my balls swinging in the wind with all that unvaulted gold. Everytime i checked into my kingdom i was sweating that someone had stolen it all. I think the low vault limit compared to the cost of big upgrades is part of what makes this game interesting.

There may be a case for higher vault upgrades to be tied to higher levels as it is easier to go unvaulted at lower levels.
At this point, once you go past 100, getting attacked by the big gem spenders is a daily occurance. Wish I didn't level so fast.

DIrishB
08-08-2012, 02:35 AM
At this point, once you go past 100, getting attacked by the big gem spenders is a daily occurance. Wish I didn't level so fast.

Very glad I recently made the decision to camp and master the lower level maps. Already have the first dozen maps mastered and completed, and won't be able to do to many more without big XP gain, so at sometime in the next few weeks going to have to stop PvE and probably PvP until my buildings upgrade more, vault completely upgrades, and breeding den gets to lvl 10. Even with this approach it'll be very risky should a player around my level with massive stats (either due to gem spending or camping and gold spending) hit me for it.

Timbathia
08-08-2012, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=Bea;364344]Nice one! Good luck getting it to 10 :p[

I am not sure I have the patience. My life would go on hold for weeks while I stress about being attacked.

John Snow
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Here's a different take on this issue: What if you could earn 1% interest daily on your unvaulted cash? Now there's an incentive not to vault, especially when you're working on the higher level upgrades. Leave a million gold unvaulted and potentially the next day you could have an extra 10k gold. This would add a new strategy element to the game. The formula would be something like Interest Earned = the lesser of 1% of the average daily unvaulted cash or of the total unvaulted cash at the end of the day.

SeqWins
08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
The vault should not be increased, 330 is fine. If your scared of going over vault up your dee!!!

Exactly where is the "It's fine the way it is" option?

The_Red
08-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Here's a different take on this issue: What if you could earn 1% interest daily on your unvaulted cash? Now there's an incentive not to vault, especially when you're working on the higher level upgrades. Leave a million gold unvaulted and potentially the next day you could have an extra 10k gold. This would add a new strategy element to the game. The formula would be something like Interest Earned = the lesser of 1% of the average daily unvaulted cash or of the total unvaulted cash at the end of the day.

Interesting idea, but I think it would devalue the play of the game. People wouldnt need to play as much to accumulate cash which would be bad for Gree. In addition, I would see this as being just a bone tossed at the highest level players who have stats high enough to leave their gold unvaulted.

John Snow
08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Interesting idea, but I think it would devalue the play of the game. People wouldnt need to play as much to accumulate cash which would be bad for Gree. In addition, I would see this as being just a bone tossed at the highest level players who have stats high enough to leave their gold unvaulted.

Fair point. The tradeoff is that there's potentially more unvaulted cash across the levels to encourage more pvp.