PDA

View Full Version : Does the rivals list work in "cycles" or is it random?

Hassleham
08-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I remember reading a discussion quite a while ago about the rivals list and searching for a particular rival. In that thread there were players saying that if you attack someone and then quit the game, they will appear approximately 20 minutes later if you keep refreshing the list and looking through it. I have been looking for someone for over an hour and still can't find them so i'm thinking that it doesn't work liek that anymore.

The only other possibility i can think of is that they have levelled up out of my range, (i have not levelled so it must be them), however i do not think they could have levelled enough in one day.

Over the hour that i was searching for i was noticing the same names popping up at regular intervals but there didn't seem to be any "constant", and i still could not find the person i was looking for.

Anyone know any more about this?

Q Raider
08-03-2012, 04:26 PM
It does bond players together but don't know the basis of it.

At the lower levels ally count was a strong factor.
Higher levels it is different set of factors.
I get all the level 90 players showing up in a bunch with the same two higher level players mixed in with them each time.

Players such as Stephen, Hammer Time, Pirate Enforcer, ManBearPig, Bahui also tend to appear on the same refresh so guess the stats come into play as well at a certain point.

Agent Orange
08-03-2012, 04:42 PM
The rivals list does not work. The devs seem to be trying to sort out the mess and I suspect thatbis what you see.

Scabbyfeet
08-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Hmm I wonder who it is your looking for ? I'd be willing to bet he added allies and can no longer be seen . Haha

Hassleham
08-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Hmm I wonder who it is your looking for ? I'd be willing to bet he added allies and can no longer be seen . Haha

I stole 4m off him this morning and he's after revenge, therefor i was trying to keep an eye on him. If he's added allies then he would have attacked me by now as i have 17m on me.

Scabbyfeet
08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I stole 4m off him this morning and he's after revenge, therefor i was trying to keep an eye on him. If he's added allies then he would have attacked me by now as i have 17m on me.

Oh I seen the comments ! I'll keep my eye out if he levels up .

Hassleham
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh I seen the comments ! I'll keep my eye out if he levels up .

Thanks ;) I wish i'd got his code off his wall while i was there, would've been fun having a spy haha.

Scabbyfeet
08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks ;) I wish i'd got his code off his wall while i was there, would've been fun having a spy haha.Bahahaha that would be pretty sick ! Still could happen .

Hassleham
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
hope so :p he seems pretty confident he can get me back, he's got about 24 hours till my first nano finishes and i start the second, so fingers crossed he is all talk!

marebear
08-04-2012, 05:57 AM
I've found that if I find a cash cow and attack, and win that I really have to search hard to find them again. Like refresh 30 times, leave the list, go back refresh another 20 times.

Hassleham
08-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I've found that if I find a cash cow and attack, and win that I really have to search hard to find them again. Like refresh 30 times, leave the list, go back refresh another 20 times.

Yeah i was looking for a cash cow for round 2 but i couldn't find him after at least 60 refreshes.

el_gringo
08-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah i was looking for a cash cow for round 2 but i couldn't find him after at least 60 refreshes.

This is the situation I'm in now.

Been looking for any old rival with really low stats that I can unleash a full stamina bar on, completing two valour missions. Finally found my prey. Got to the win screen (i'd won some cash) hit on one of their units to see what it was and the game crashed. Gonna be hours before I see them again.