PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick questions

fahartle
08-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey all. For a long time I've been at a very low ally level (15) so that I can raid without losing tons of units. I've decided to take the plunge and raise my ally level to start playing the "beat the elite" boss. I'm amazed, though, at how expensive it is to raise a decent alliance attack. Here's my stats:

alliance members = 130
# units = 2524
attack = 8459
defense = 10131
income/hour = 278588

1) What's the best strategy for raising alliance attack (currently around 15 strength per unit). Should I just spend money on low casualty rate items? Farm a certain location?

2) Raiding at this point to get crates, points, money is stupid crazy expensive. I'm losing high level units just about every raid. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
you need to include your level.

yomoney
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
get the valor units the goals start pay alot in valor once u get up there i,m on total war operation 181 last one paid 2375 valor. was at 22k afew weeks ago now over 46k and generaly dont loose them unless the person has close to same stats i found about 20k difference means no unit loss

Ascent
08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
welcome to the real game :D

Oh wait... wait until you lose a million or two worth of units with one damn shot :D:D:D

Lt. Falcon
08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey all. For a long time I've been at a very low ally level (15) so that I can raid without losing tons of units. I've decided to take the plunge and raise my ally level to start playing the "beat the elite" boss. I'm amazed, though, at how expensive it is to raise a decent alliance attack. Here's my stats:

alliance members = 130
# units = 2524
attack = 8459
defense = 10131
income/hour = 278588

1) What's the best strategy for raising alliance attack (currently around 15 strength per unit). Should I just spend money on low casualty rate items? Farm a certain location?

2) Raiding at this point to get crates, points, money is stupid crazy expensive. I'm losing high level units just about every raid. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?

Thanks!

It would be helpful if you listed your level, but based on my expierance as this problem was plaguing me for awhile. You're losing a lot of high end units because with only 130 allies your high end units end up being being your meat shields. I would suggest adding more allies so that you bring some low end units to battle as meat shields. Also, you might consider staying away from raiding buildings that are in range of high end defense buildings as they can influence high end casualties.

Lt. Falcon
08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
welcome to the real game :D

Oh wait... wait until you lose a million or two worth of units with one damn shot :D:D:D

I had that problem for quite some time...it sucked!! All I have to say is Meat Shields!!

fahartle
08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm level 87. Questing currently in Emerald city port.

Attack = 25
Defense = 4
Energy 2150
Stamina = 20

So I'm gathering that the best advice is to 1) add more allies so my low level units can die, 2) raid people substantially lower than me? Is that correct? Thanks for the help, all!!

yomoney
08-03-2012, 03:28 PM
yes and get to fighting low stat people they are there

Bronson
08-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Add some skill points to your defence as well

yakuza
08-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Guys, I am very curious that i kept on losing my units without any notifications as well as not losing any fight.:( Please help.

Thanks

Thunder Child
08-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Guys, I am very curious that i kept on losing my units without any notifications as well as not losing any fight.:( Please help.ThanksUnless your stats are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than your opponents or unless you have a golden army, chances are you are going to lose a unit or two from time to time, or even all the time, even when you win! Welcome to the crazy, hazy world of MW!

yakuza
08-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Unless your stats are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than your opponents or unless you have a golden army, chances are you are going to lose a unit or two from time to time, or even all the time, even when you win! Welcome to the crazy, hazy world of MW!

Thanks Mate. what you said is true. Even a winning troop has fatalities in real war. :)

Jhoemel
08-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I have a question guys. In a week I will finally became a major with like 140k valor saved... what will I do with it

1. use it all to buy the elite ops heli
2. buy 100 elite ops heli and the remaining go to the drones
3. buy 100 elite ops heli and the rest to mlrs
4. other suggestions guys

Thunder Child
08-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I have a question guys. In a week I will finally became a major with like 140k valor saved... what will I do with it1. use it all to buy the elite ops heli2. buy 100 elite ops heli and the remaining go to the drones3. buy 100 elite ops heli and the rest to mlrs4. other suggestions guysI'm liking the elite ops heli at the moment! The Hardened Marine and the Drone have been dying in numbers, but the copter seems to be holding for the moment. Never gone the mlr route....

Arizona
08-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Guys, I am very curious that i kept on losing my units without any notifications as well as not losing any fight.:( Please help.

Thanks
What do you mean without notifications? If you're winning all your fights and still losing units, that's not uncommon. You would have to adjust your strategy and target different rivals and you may lose less units. It's a game of strategy, and there are seriously dozens of different ways to play this.
If you provide more info on your stats, you'll get more answers.

Jhoemel
08-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm liking the elite ops heli at the moment! The Hardened Marine and the Drone have been dying in numbers, but the copter seems to be holding for the moment. Never gone the mlr route....

Thats also my plan coz I only have a few drones and they die like crazy, even the hardened marine is tougher than the drones. so elite ops heli will be my route

The mlrs route havent crossed my mind but i saw someone iwth like 500 of them and have a pretty high defense stats

Arizona
08-04-2012, 07:25 AM
I have a question guys. In a week I will finally became a major with like 140k valor saved... what will I do with it

1. use it all to buy the elite ops heli
2. buy 100 elite ops heli and the remaining go to the drones
3. buy 100 elite ops heli and the rest to mlrs
4. other suggestions guys
I was thinking the same thing today as well. Don't have anywhere near as much as you Jhoe, but I thought, when the time comes, I'll spend X amount on the helos, and keep some in reserve for the better valor units. Ultimately, if I could wait long enough, I'd spend all my valor on the top unit, but by the time I've got that far, there might be other game units. So in the meantime, Id go Helos and better. I wouldn't waste valor trading down on cheaper units.

Jhoemel
08-04-2012, 07:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing today as well. Don't have anywhere near as much as you Jhoe, but I thought, when the time comes, I'll spend X amount on the helos, and keep some in reserve for the better valor units. Ultimately, if I could wait long enough, I'd spend all my valor on the top unit, but by the time I've got that far, there might be other game units. So in the meantime, Id go Helos and better. I wouldn't waste valor trading down on cheaper units.

Thanks man. Ill definitely go for the heli and since im russia the boost will be sweet with my level 7 airship hanger :)
Thats the result of 2000 wins and only using some valor for replacements :)

Arizona
08-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Jhoe,
how much valor are you picking up in missions. I'm L80 and most of my missions give me around 600 valor.

Jhoemel
08-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Jhoe,
how much valor are you picking up in missions. I'm L80 and most of my missions give me around 600 valor.

Im can only do the increasingly difficult force degration missions that gives 2k valor. i need to beat 55 rivals now to finish it

Thunder Child
08-04-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm doing FDM 301 - defeat 71 opponents with more than 499 allies, to receive 2K valor! About time a little attention were paid by devs to valor missions in the higher levels!

Jhoemel
08-04-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm doing FDM 301 - defeat 71 opponents with more than 499 allies, to receive 2K valor! About time a little attention were paid by devs to valor missions in the higher levels!

yeah they need to add total war again