PDA

View Full Version : Please get rid of Beat The Elite

gcooldude
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't know how many times I am doing missions and stupid Beat The Elite thing comes up when I'm doing a mission and lose the money from that. Please Gree/Funzio, fix this or get rid of it. Its friggin annoying. Give an option to disable this.

War Priest
08-03-2012, 10:21 AM
To help with that. Do pvp quick to trigger it, then go on to your missions.

manbeast
08-03-2012, 10:24 AM
i hit someone for a crate on pvp and the stupid boss comes up. i dont get anything from that pvp hit, definitely no crates. i agree with cooldude. give us away to turn off that douche

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I hit about 5 raids/attack and no boss. try something else, no boss. hit my target on the map, Boss. yeah not always working. its too sporadic at best to be reliable to try something to trigger the boss.

War Priest
08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
i hit someone for a crate on pvp and the stupid boss comes up. i dont get anything from that pvp hit, definitely no crates. i agree with cooldude. give us away to turn off that douche

Really? I get my rewards on pvp when a boss is triggered. Even get boxes too.

Lordsloss
08-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Really? I get my rewards on pvp when a boss is triggered. Even get boxes too.I agree, it does need to be fixed. Just tell support it messed you up and they might compensate your loss or something.

Mad
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM

Actually I got a crate on a PVP once. It shocked me. I was looking for crates and was upset because I had initiated a boss event instead. When I closed it down, I had a crate and definitely didn't have one before.

gcooldude
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree, it does need to be fixed. Just tell support it messed you up and they might compensate your loss or something.

Hopefully in the next update they'll fix this. Kinda makes the game less fun to play when its like this.

JMC
08-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Triggering the boss doesn't mess with you PvP unless you are in the guys base and attack his avatar. Hitting the attack button on the rivals list causes no problems for me.

Also first hit of PvP or raiding when i don't have a boss has given me the boss battle 100% of the time. If you are not getting boss battles from this, it is probably because your last one just ran away or you just killed him. You need to wait something like 2 minutes before a boss battle can appear again after that.

On the other hand, Boss battles only show up for PvE about as likely as a crate shows up. Hitting a low energy mission i won't get the boss that much. Hitting the boss of a map, i will get him triggered most of the time.

Fifth Reich
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah Its annoying.

What?
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm stuck on boss 7 and can usually get there within 24 hours of the event starting. The rest of the time the boss is a complete nuisance. Sure I can do some pvp, but I don't always remember especially if I just woke up. I think the point here is we shouldn't have to interrupt our normal playing routine for fear we might lose our money or loot because the boss event is not properly configured. If there wasn't a real and documented chance all your energy put into a mission would be for naught I really wouldn't mind, but unfortunately that is not the case and have been burned by the boss numerous times.

Kiss Of Death
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm stuck on boss 7 and can usually get there within 24 hours of the event starting. The rest of the time the boss is a complete nuisance. Sure I can do some pvp, but I don't always remember especially if I just woke up. I think the point here is we shouldn't have to interrupt our normal playing routine for fear we might lose our money or loot because the boss event is not properly configured.

Yes... my main account could only get to boss 11 this time becuase a glitched jumped me 10 levels in a few seconds... my boss went from beatable to insane (105-115 - no idea why but suddenly had 30 skill points and 39 million extra money??????)

My LLP is on boss 27, I am going to bed. I have had access only for 2.8 days to the boss and am so peeved I might not finish it because of being locked out for over 2 weeks!

HGF69
08-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Get rid of it. I'm level 130 and I can never get past level 4, wtf?!

Ascent
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
To help with that. Do pvp quick to trigger it, then go on to your missions.

Yeah, I just PVPd someone random real quick yesterday so I can do my PVE...

...turns out that someone was Level 200 with 300,000 attack strength :D

He took my one tiny mosquito bite so seriously he's raiding me ever since :D

Oh well, I can afford to give alms for the poor ;)

Lawyer
08-03-2012, 11:40 PM
For my own selfish reasons, I want it to stay. I don't buy gold and I am appreciative of the free rare items... In the four boss events I have collected nine rare units ...

Hellstorm
08-04-2012, 02:39 AM
I dont like this event... It sucks.

Agent Orange
08-04-2012, 04:30 AM
I loose loot and cash too, sent numerous tickets to support. Get back the comment that they are looking into. Just give use the ability to opt out of this event already since a fix seems impossible or better still out right kill the thing.

Tctiger
08-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Yes it's more annoying than fun , who wants to stare at the phone watching a clock for two hours ? Not my idea of fun and it is not comparable with daily life .

marebear
08-04-2012, 05:37 AM
I find the concept annoying because say I just finished a boss off but my health is low. Now I have to wait and can't do anything for an hour or more or I will trigger him too soon. And if you forget then it's a two hour wait.

Col.34w
08-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I have lost millions in uncollected rail gun loot from the stupid boss events. I sent I several tickets and one was answered with giving me an insulting 1mil. After I complained again I was told they are working on a fix. Now that is funny!!!!

CAPT.GIN
08-04-2012, 07:47 AM
They will never get rid of it because so many players spend money on it! But I do see them fixing all the issues with it in the future.

el_gringo
08-04-2012, 08:05 AM
They will never get rid of it because so many players spend money on it! But I do see them fixing all the issues with it in the future.

Yeah, once the two major issues - the 'disappearing loot/cash' and 'freezing after first hit on the boss' issues I reckon I will start a phase of camping and ONLY doing as far as I can on 'beat the boss' with gamecash as I can while adding Aircraft Carriers.

Agent Orange
08-05-2012, 05:49 AM
I don't even use in game cash because it costs too much for units I don't even take into battle. It's just a major irritation and the devs don't seem to either care to fix or can't.

Arizona
08-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Hopefully in the next update they'll fix this. Kinda makes the game less fun to play when its like this.
I'll just hit the first map. Hit the insurgent dude once or twice for a few exp points and only 1 xp.

Can't remember the caption used when the boss is triggered, but it's supposed to resemble a surprise attack I think. In that case they should trigger the boss at random during the game.

Bob_55
08-05-2012, 07:04 AM
I'll just hit the first map. Hit the insurgent dude once or twice for a few exp points and only 1 xp.

I do the same before PVP

Corsair
08-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Little known fact, you can actually make money on the boss event. Last boss I got to level 13 with 13 hits. I was able to get to level 10 using free hits only. When I did the math, I actually came out like $1 mil ahead because of the cash prize for each level. This was for level 13, probably one or two more levels it would start to go the other way because the cash hits add up quick. But you're crazy to ignore it since you can win cash with free hits.