PDA

View Full Version : Event?

BobbyHill
08-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Do events start on thursdays? Does that mean we will have on starting today? Lol?

Babytway
08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
it kinda starts whenever they want but usually when one ends 2 or 3 days and then new one begins. i hope another tournament of some sort is on the way soon.

Second Comming
08-02-2012, 08:22 AM
it kinda starts whenever they want but usually when one ends 2 or 3 days and then new one begins. i hope another tournament of some sort is on the way soon.

Each one is a tournament on regarding who spends or is willing to spend the most $$ but i know what your getting at.

DenZ1
08-02-2012, 08:58 AM
What time did the last one started? Est wise

Luke 3457
08-02-2012, 09:18 AM
The last one was at like 6pm est I think... I remember it being an unusual time

TonySpaghetti
08-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Hopefully it doesn't start before I finish off Tito Ricci.

dudeman
08-02-2012, 09:34 AM
What time did the last one started? Est wise

IIRC, the last event started around 4:30pm EDT. I know it was between 4pm and 5pm and that it was unusual in that it did not start on the hour. If it did start on the hour then there is a pretty big delay between when events go live and when they eventually appear on my device.

Hacksaw Paul
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
I was expecting to see one this morning (8am GMT) but nothing, Perhaps tomorrow? 😁

Johnny70
08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
IIRC, the last event started around 4:30pm EDT. I know it was between 4pm and 5pm and that it was unusual in that it did not start on the hour. If it did start on the hour then there is a pretty big delay between when events go live and when they eventually appear on my device.
I have a time stamp on when it loaded for me of 4:48pm edt so my best guess is it started at 4:30 pm edt.

Illuminati
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Do events start on thursdays? Does that mean we will have on starting today? Lol?

Honestly, who cares??

Judging by the feedback in this thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37814-Does-Gree-value-its-customers-Please-answer-my-questionnaire

It seems like most people (including myself) are sick of the current style events. The free players and casual gold spenders have absolutely no chance at the top prize. It boggles my mind how much real money people in the top 25 are spending, but whatever, that's their choice.

DenZ1
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Honestly, who cares??

Judging by the feedback in this thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37814-Does-Gree-value-its-customers-Please-answer-my-questionnaire

It seems like most people (including myself) are sick of the current style events. The free players and casual gold spenders have absolutely no chance at the top prize. It boggles my mind how much real money people in the top 25 are spending, but whatever, that's their choice.

I did stop getting boggled some time ago. :) Rich has they're own roaches in the head :)
What's becoming obvious is that there are more and more big spenders in the pool and less and less free/low spending players left.
So in time, I would have to quit as well as I can't even closely compete with those big guys and not many will be left I can actually play with reasonably.

Illuminati
08-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I did stop getting boggled some time ago. :) Rich has they're own roaches in the head :)
What's becoming obvious is that there are more and more big spenders in the pool and less and less free/low spending players left.
So in time, I would have to quit as well as I can't even closely compete with those big guys and not many will be left I can actually play with reasonably.

The heavy gold spenders can try to justify their spending all they want, but when I see someone near the top of the top 25 list STILL spending tons of gold with a day or so left in an event (where it's highly unlikely for them to fall below 25), there's clearly a bigger underlying issue which people refuse to acknowledge. There's a stark difference between someone spending money on entertainment (if they even want to call this game that), and someone spending money because they're addicted to gambling (even when the potential payout is little to nothing).

Someone created a thread asking if people would be interested in some type of event where the prize was gold. It'd be hilarious to see the heavy gold spenders actually spend more real money on gold than the actual gold prize.

Paulio
08-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Please don't let gold spenders deter you from enjoying the game. The fact is that most ultra high stats players (a.k.a. heavy gold spenders) don't pick on low stats players, but would rather battle with other heavy hitters.

If you're a free player, you can still be very competitive with 95%+ of the total playing field. Finding an equal rival to have a fun battle with and utilizing the wall-to-wall aspect of the game has always been the best part of CC, imo.

When you started this game, did you really think you would be the top dog out of millions of players around the world? Instead of focusing on the 5%, try focusing on the 95% and have fun.

TruthHurts
08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Please don't let gold spenders deter you from enjoying the game. The fact is that most ultra high stats players (a.k.a. heavy gold spenders) don't pick on low stats players, but would rather battle with other heavy hitters.

If you're a free player, you can still be very competitive with 95%+ of the total playing field. Finding an equal rival to have a fun battle with and utilizing the wall-to-wall aspect of the game has always been the best part of CC, imo.

When you started this game, did you really think you would be the top dog out of millions of players around the world? Instead of focusing on the 5%, try focusing on the 95% and have fun.

Good point, you don't have to spend to enjoy the game. There are equals at all levels of the game. I have seen guys on level 200 with 15k atk/def.

As for the "millions of players around the world": millions of downloads maybe, but I think the number of active players is a 10th of that.

DenZ1
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I guess not today...

hinofwars
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I guess not today...

They are still busy counting the money from the last event. :P

Zendfrim
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Do events start on thursdays? Does that mean we will have on starting today? Lol?I F'n hope not. So ******* tired of these things. They are ruining the game.

RijilV
08-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I've completely lost interest in the events, I make a half hearted attempt to pick up the first two items but that's about it. Not even remotely worth it to try to get 20 cash opens a day.