PDA

View Full Version : Bait and switch??

Led
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I've been thinking about the 7th prize and how gree changed it. I belive it may be a old school bait and switch to get people to buy and spend more gold resulting in them makeing more money. Am I alone in thinking this? It may be possible. If so its bad business to practice this kind of thing. If it was really a accident it should have been caught quickly but instead it lingered more than a few days.. (btw I don't belive in aliens lol)

Edit: explanation of bait and switch fraud

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

War Priest
08-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I think your alone. They haven't done it before so why would they now...

War Priest
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Plus, if people wanted it, they used gold and got it. Nobody used gold and didn't get to 7.

CAPT.GIN
You know gree is getting sued in Japan for stuff like this! And for rigging the events, I was reading about it, I think the Japan government told them they can't do it no more and to increase the odds of winning a unit by a lot more of a chance...

Led
Gree recently took over and are looking to maximize profits... Maybe?

Led
08-01-2012, 09:51 PM
You know gree is getting sued in Japan for stuff like this! And for rigging the events, I was reading about it, I think the Japan government told them they can't do it no more and to increase the odds of winning a unit by a lot more of a chance...

Can you link a reference or article?

albeezy
08-01-2012, 09:52 PM
It is in the realm of possibility, but I tend to agree with WP. In fact, I made my first gold purchase for this event partly because I knew they might nerf the 7th unit soon and also and mostly because I need faster upgrade times. I got 1-4 using hourly cash opens and 5-9 with gold

Led
08-01-2012, 09:55 PM
It is in the realm of possibility, but I tend to agree with WP. In fact, I made my first gold purchase for this event partly because I knew they might nerf the 7th unit soon and also and mostly because I need faster upgrade times. I got 1-4 using hourly cash opens and 5-9 with gold

This is exactly what I'm talking about!! You made your first gold purchase to get the unit before it was taken away. This is (in theory) exactly the response they wanted.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about!! You made your first gold purchase to get the unit before it was taken away. This is (in theory) exactly the response they wanted.

Well it's a win win. According to your top post, your talking about them taking it away. What's it matter if they get a few hundred gold and we get a powerful unit with a bonus.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Well it's a win win. According to your top post, your talking about them taking it away. What's it matter if they get a few hundred gold and we get a powerful unit with a bonus.

It matters to free players that never got the opportunity to win the prize.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
It matters to free players that never got the opportunity to win the prize.

Yeah, that sucks for them but that's life. They also don't get LE's or anything else that costs gold.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, that sucks for them but that's life. They also don't get LE's or anything else that costs gold.

But they also don't mysteriously take them away.

Edit: I defenetly understand your point wp but there's a set time for these particular events as well as set prizes. I think they may have intentionally done this to get people (who may have been on the fence to buy gold) to spend money.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM
But they also don't mysteriously take them away.

I am not understanding what you are trying to say. EVERYBODY knew it was going to be taken away. That is why we rushed and used gold to get it. Whoever didn't know must have a fairytale life since that is too good to be true and stay.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:12 PM
EVERYBODY knew it was going to be taken away.

Exactly!

I'm implying it was a unethical way to get people to buy and spend gold.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Exactly!

I'm implying it was a unethical way to get people to buy and spend gold.

Ok. I didn't mind spending a little bit of gold for an awesome unit with a bonus. I don't think anybody else who spent gold to get it minded either.

The only people who are pissed are the ones who didn't spend gold to get it.

Copenhagen
08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
@Led - I think you are giving them far too much credit. If they are that savy then they should recognize the negative dynamics of the maneuver far outweighing a few gold purchases.

Gree should have an "Ooops" sticky thread that players can access on the forum where they can post info about what they are doing. A little PR communication would go a long way for their consumer relations.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
@Led - I think you are giving them far too much credit. If they are that savy then they should recognize the negative dynamics of the maneuver far outweighing a few gold purchases.

Gree should have an "Ooops" sticky thread that players can access on the forum where they can post info about what they are doing. A little PR communication would go a long way for their consumer relations.

Lol I probably am giving them to much credit. But if I'm right.. Here is one definition of fraud.

·******** something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage;
·******** An intentional perversion of truth; deceitful practice or device resorted to with intent to deprive another of property or other right;

Led
08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
The only people who are pissed are the ones who didn't spend gold to get it.

I'm not one of those people. Just thinking out loud...

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:30 PM
There is no fraud going on. Do you know how much Apple is on everybody with their apps.

Just because it involves money and people don't like it doesn't make it fraud...

Vertex
08-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Led, I understand your points. And you make some valid ones, but I think for it to be a real bait and switch would be to get all these ppl to spend gold, them get the 7th item, then remove or switch that item. This would cause ppl to have spent gold on something that was changed later. Hence, bait and switch.

Even so, I do feel that for those that spent gold, and say got to 6 only, then they switched the items, those ppl definitely got "bait and switched."

Led
08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Do you know how much Apple is on everybody with their apps.

No I don't please enlighten me.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Led, I understand your points. And you make some valid ones, but I think for it to be a real bait and switch would be to get all these ppl to spend gold, them get the 7th item, then remove or switch that item. This would cause ppl to have spent gold on something that was changed later. Hence, bait and switch.

Even so, I do feel that for those that spent gold, and say got to 6 only, then they switched the items, those ppl definitely got "bait and switched."

Agree 100%

Like I said I'm thinking out loud about this.. Lol

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Led, your agreeing with a few of these guy's post and contradicting your original post. It doesn't make sense.

But anways, it happened, and it's over with. Seems like your letting them get under your skin if you were thinking about it.

marebear
08-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey wp, where can I find the ticket number page?

JMC
08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Whenever they make mistakes like this it always takes them a little while to fix. However they do catch and resolve the issues that give us benefits much quicker, they don't do anything particularly quick.

Usually nothing is done until tickets are sent in so they can go check it out, and we all know how long that can take.

Led
08-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Led, your agreeing with a few of these guy's post and contradicting your original post. It doesn't make sense.

Not really. What if I was a less educated player (unlike yourself) but a long time player that purchased a "bag of gold" for $4.99 and got to, let's say #5 in the first day. The player would rightly assume they would get to seven almost 100% defenetly

(but if they didn't)

In the last hours they could buy more gold and achieve the goal... Unfortunately the item was taken away before that time making the original purchase of gold a waste.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Hey wp, where can I find the ticket number page?

Find what mare?

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Not really. What if I was a less educated player (unlike yourself) but a long time player that purchased a "bag of gold" for $4.99 and got to, let's say #5 in the first day. The player would rightly assume they would get to seven almost 100% defenetly

(but if they didn't)

In the last hours they could buy more gold and achieve the goal... Unfortunately the item was taken away before that time making the original purchase of gold a waste.

Why would they spend gold to get to 5 and stop when the item is at 7. And anybody in their right mind knew this was a mistake. No excuse about it.

There was talk about it all day and many of us said there is a mistake so spend gold and act now, or miss out.

marebear
08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I thought there was a page where you could see how many tickets are before yours? Maybe I'm wrong. Sorry

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought there was a page where you could see how many tickets are before yours? Maybe I'm wrong. Sorry

Not that I am aware of there isn't.

Led
08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Why would they spend gold to get to 5 and stop when the item is at 7. And anybody in their right mind knew this was a mistake. No excuse about it.

There was talk about it all day and many of us said there is a mistake so spend gold and act now, or miss out.

As I stated before a less educated player than yourself. Or a non board member.

Edit: I'm sure a lot of players donot come to this board and the prizes for these events have never changed before.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
As I stated before a less educated player than yourself. Or a non board member.

Life is unfair. Sh*t happens. You snooze you lose.

Any of those three will pretty much sum it up for them.

This is a unit and bonus I was lucky to win. There were other's where I missed out, so you win some, and you lose some.

Led
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Life is unfair. Sh*t happens. You snooze you lose.

Any of those three will pretty much sum it up for them.

This is a unit and bonus I was lucky to win. There were other's where I missed out, so you win some, and you lose some.

I also agree with you but here is one definition of "bait and switch" to validate my thread.

"Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available"

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I also agree with you but here is one definition of "bait and switch" to validate my thread.

"Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available"

Yeah, I know what it is. But a mistake and fraud are two different things.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Anyways... Night man.

Led
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I know what it is. But a mistake and fraud are two different things.

Please reread my original post in this thread. I was asking if people thought this was a mistake or purposely a way to make more money. I personally donot think it was a mistake given the amount of time the prize was available. Again just my thoughts and opinion.

:edit have a good night budday

Dockman
08-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Led I agree with you that it was a "bait and switch" and that it was probably a mistake by Gree, But heck, there are only 5 prizes to be won. How hard can it be to check them before placing them up for all to see. If they were honorable people, they should have left it as it was originally started and not change horses in the middle of the stream. <---- That's just my own 2 cents

Dockman

Kiss Of Death
08-02-2012, 02:27 AM
I've been thinking about the 7th prize and how Gree changed it. I believe it may be a old school bait and switch to get people to buy and spend more gold resulting in them making more money. Am I alone in thinking this? It may be possible. If so its bad business to practice this kind of thing. If it was really a accident it should have been caught quickly but instead it lingered more than a few days.. (BTW I don't believe in aliens lol)

No these games even before Gree were rife with stuff ups, errors and glitches and they are not on the ball... but they are very good in the sense that people who complain normally with politeness an Patience and a satisfactory reason get compensated. And they are good enough that when they make a mistake they take on Monopoly's classic chance card.... "Bank Error In Your Favor" and don't take it away like many others do.

We all suspected a mistake and we all tried to get it knowing that there was going to be a change... we just wanted to try and be the lucky ones... if "WE" were honest we wouldn't have been trying for it with that in mind... are some of us 'GREEdy"?

MadManDK
08-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Plus, if people wanted it, they used gold and got it. Nobody used gold and didn't get to 7.

You are wrong on this one, spent 300 gold and got to 6, before I had to attend some meetings. When I got back to get the 7'th they had done the switch (then only used cash and got 7 after 2-3 hours). The event started late on mine, so not a lot I could do.

BTW am at 9 now (cash opens), so I hope to get to 10 or I'm going to be really sad if Gree does not compensate for their mistake.

Agent Orange
08-02-2012, 02:42 AM
This game has had screw ups before so it is most likely an honest mistake. How these mistakes are resolved tends to make them look less than honourable. The article you seek is here but keep in mind this was before or just after Gree bought Funzio, not sure which but I would guess in the JDM that this game would also fall under the watchful eye of the government. Surpising that in the US this type of game hasn't come under investigation...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-07-gree-dena-stocks-plunge-as-japanese-government-cracks-down

Big John
08-02-2012, 02:52 AM
I spent some gold and didn't get it either, that was my choice but the issue for me was the time it took for them to nerf it, had it changed within the first hour or so of me buying gold then I could accept it but it dragged on for hours and those in North America had a head start over everyone else.

I only want fairness and the lower levels didn't even get the chance to buy this item, whole thing was screwed up. I think when they saw the cash coming in they were not in any great hurry to fix it.

Hassleham
08-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Yeah i thought it might be something like this. Why would they blame a bug and not just admit they messed up?

Miner
08-02-2012, 04:45 AM
I disagree. I think someone literally just screwed up.

mickymacirl
08-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Of course they didn't do this on purpose, I got the 7th but I know people who didn't and are pissed off, such is life hey?

Wambo
08-02-2012, 05:01 AM
I think they do anything to squeeze as much money out of people they can. Gree is a marketing company I heard, if true these type of companies do nothing but to manipulate your mind to get what they want...

mickymacirl
08-02-2012, 05:08 AM
I think people need to be more worried about funzio finding bugs and cheats than questioning their marketing policies.

Gold has an element of risk, as do events, you know that when you buy gold.

Lt. Falcon
08-02-2012, 05:24 AM

Wrong, I used gold to get to seven and when the 7th jet engine came it showed a pegasus carrier and not the heavy carrier that showed in my splash screen. I have sent a ticket with screen shots showing 7/10 with the heavy carrier as the 7th item.

Miner
08-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Wrong, I used gold to get to seven and when the 7th jet engine came it showed a pegasus carrier and not the heavy carrier that showed in my splash screen. I have sent a ticket with screen shots showing 7/10 with the heavy carrier as the 7th item.

Ouch. That's no good.

mickymacirl
08-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Ya that's no good at all, they should fix that for you.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Guys while we cannot prove definitively one way or another, from what I have seen the wrong unit was specified atleast a day before the event lauched. It was not a bug, it was coded as the wrong unit from the start. That more than likely was an honest mistake, but the actions after that including the fact that the event was launched with the wrong unit, and then allowed to run with the wrong unit has only 2 conclusions to draw.

1. QA of the games is either inept or doesn't care, not something new to this game, but also not something we can see if it being handled or remedied. As an experience manager, with this many mistake terminations would in order, well would have been in order long ago.

2. It was intentional with direct implications for deciet to increase revenues. This would imply great skill and planning to accomplish, as well effctive planning for a remediation and PR campaign to correct. After seeing all of the bugs, issues, and hacks I highly doubt a single Gree(d) employee is capable of this. I have said this before when I hire IT for my company I will never hire anyone from Gree(d) or funzio. Their lack of skills or attention to detail as evidenced by this game is enormous.

End result: Conclusion 1 is the most likely of scenarios.

Big John
08-02-2012, 06:13 AM
How could such a huge mistake go unnoticed for so long?

Another thing, it's was advertised to get 7 you would win it, then it was changed. It will be interesting how they resolve this.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 06:52 AM
How could such a huge mistake go unnoticed for so long?

Another thing, it's was advertised to get 7 you would win it, then it was changed. It will be interesting how they resolve this.

It could easily go unnoticed for a number of reasons:

1. Inexerpience QA
2. Unqualified QA
3. Overworked QA
4. Human error
5. Post review changes
6. Copy overwrite error

From what I have seen, it is changed and resolved. anything else would be post event at best.

CasualPlayer
08-02-2012, 06:59 AM

1. Inexerpience QA
2. Unqualified QA
3. Overworked QA
4. Human error
5. Post review changes
6. Copy overwrite error

From what I have seen, it is changed and resolved. anything else would be post event at best.

Agree, nothing will happen now it's over. People had the chance to get it, like any price error, sometime you win most of the time you lose. I have to say though I had to use 250 odd gold to get this item so it was people's choice if they wanted it or not. Was contemplating spending gold or not but knew they would take the item away at some stage when they realised their mistake.

Big John
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM

1. Inexerpience QA
2. Unqualified QA
3. Overworked QA
4. Human error
5. Post review changes
6. Copy overwrite error

Everyone should get the main prize, event is void IMO.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I agree, I want the prize too, chances are good we won't get it. gotta remember there is no financail benefit or risk to them not giving it to us.

Boom
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Walmart!!!!!

albeezy
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I understand your point, but the reason I bought gold was more for the 10th prize than the 7th. My upgrades are averaging 2+ days and soon to be longer than that and a 20% boost would really benefit me. I have been on the fence about gold for these crates since McDoc demonstrated his method works and thought to myself that if bonuses I really cared about came around again (really only 2 more the energy regeneration boost and the upgrade cost reduction but I could live without them) that I might spend some gold. I got 4 the first few hours and thought I would drop 40 bucks hoping I could just get to 9 on the first day. I have been getting hit a lot by people looking for boxes so it is hard to always have one to open when the timer is up. I took my gold and started hitting the tugboat. Every time I got a box I did a gold reset. I used a gold open to prevent it from being stolen and to not waste a gold reset. I went from 4 to 9 with the gold before I ran out. I was fortunate to get the 10th 3 hours later with my 3rd or 4th cash open attempt after hitting 9. If anyone is wondering the bonus kicks in after any upgrade you had going when you got 10 finishes. 48 hour upgrades now only take 36!

Mad
08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Personally, I think it was an honest mistake, simply because the unit was only available on those between levels 51 and 80 (I think that is the cut off anyway). Players between levels 10 to 50 for example have different units available in the event than players between 51 and 80. If a similar unit had been available for all levels (I think there are five), then you could talk conspiracy. Because it would require making the same mistake for unit seven on all five levels. What are the chances of that happening by chance?

Because it was a mistake, it was only noticed when someone pointed it out -- that being players on this forum. I don't know who it was but a poster noticed it was the same unit as he had won earlier. This suggests that we probably had a new developer installing the units for this event who probably wasn't around when the unit was initially used.

I think they had a quandry on their hands. The other four levels didn't have a similar unit. Which would be unfair. They would need to provide a similar seven unit for the other levels. By this point, some players had probably already won the seventh unit on the other levels -- how do you replace that.

The easiest solution was to pull the unit. Anyone who had already won it, got to keep it.

The only people out of pocket would be those who spent gold trying to get to seven and weren't able to get it before it was pulled. I think those players could make a case for a gold refund.

albeezy
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Because it was a mistake, it was only noticed when someone pointed it out -- that being players on this forum. I don't know who it was but a poster noticed it was the same unit as he had won earlier.

and that is why I posted this!

You all should delete the posts or edit them about the units

maybe a few more of you could have gotten the carrier if this had been done?

The lesson learned is use PMs to point this stuff out next time or in game messages. Dont point out Gree's mistakes when they benefit the players, only when they damage the players.

Like the casualty rates that blow. I have lost almost a million in cash units in the last 4 hours getting attacked by people looking for boxes (4 attacks = 800K in cash units lost). I have done no PVP during that time. That really sucks. I could give a higher number but my situation report only goes back 4 hours. I woke up this morning with the notebook having a 7 on it meaning I got hit 7 times overnight, but I forgot to write down the losses for all of those. Why does my KA situation report go back over a month (all green there BTW with numerous deposits to my vault from attackers, thanks guys) while my MW one only goes back 4 hours.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
You are wrong on this one, spent 300 gold and got to 6, before I had to attend some meetings. When I got back to get the 7'th they had done the switch (then only used cash and got 7 after 2-3 hours). The event started late on mine, so not a lot I could do.

BTW am at 9 now (cash opens), so I hope to get to 10 or I'm going to be really sad if Gree does not compensate for their mistake.

This is different from what I am talking about. You guys had 24 hours to get to seven before they changed it. If you would have used got to get to 7 as soon as it came out or anytime during that 24 hour period you would have got it.

Giedrybe
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
For human mind it is always easier to suspect intentional mistakes :) Anyway, I would vote for unintentional mistake here.

Why? Just answer honestly would you do such intentional action if you were in position to decide?

I would definitely not. MW players aren't one time customers. With one time customers that kind of "policy" could be profitable. But Gree knows that they cannot piss off their MW customers, especially golden ones. So why to risk like that? If they need quick money, they have plenty of other ways to do that.

MadManDK
08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
This is different from what I am talking about. You guys had 24 hours to get to seven before they changed it. If you would have used got to get to 7 as soon as it came out or anytime during that 24 hour period you would have got it.

If I had 24 hours I would have gotten to 7 before they removed it, but I did not, as the game did not show up until way late. Actually i got to 7 well within 24 hours after it started on my device. Anyhow, we are where we are and it's up to Gree to figure out what they want to do about it. Good luck with number 10, I'm still looking for it.

Maverick50727
08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I've been thinking about the 7th prize and how gree changed it. I belive it may be a old school bait and switch to get people to buy and spend more gold resulting in them makeing more money. Am I alone in thinking this? It may be possible. If so its bad business to practice this kind of thing. If it was really a accident it should have been caught quickly but instead it lingered more than a few days.. (btw I don't belive in aliens lol)

I have a problem here. Lingered for days? Is this a correct statement? It was corrected in a 13 hour period for me or less as I just have the screenshot timestamps between the changes at the point I noticed.

Now I noticed when I got prompted that the event started I took a screen shot. I had 4D 15H 36M left on the timer. Did this event start at 5 or 6 days and I missed out somehow with other getting a head start??? I had been closing and relaunching the app constatnly expecting a new event soon.

When did this event start for other people. Mine started at 11:20AM EST as per the timestamp on my screen shot when I got the first splash banner.

I took screen shots of the unit rewards. I really didn't notice the strength on the unit until I saw it mentioned in the forum, when I went back it had been corrected already.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
It started for me the night before at 5pm CST

albeezy
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I really didn't notice the strength on the unit until I saw it mentioned in the forum.

Neither did GREE

Big John
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
If I had 24 hours I would have gotten to 7 before they removed it, but I did not, as the game did not show up until way late. Actually i got to 7 well within 24 hours after it started on my device. Anyhow, we are where we are and it's up to Gree to figure out what they want to do about it. Good luck with number 10, I'm still looking for it.
Looks like they aren't going to do much about it. Reply to ticket was that it was a bug which has now been fixed and they aren't going to credit the carrier. I can smell bull.

MadManDK
08-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Got the same reply and told them that I did not ask for the carrier, as I did not win it. But they did change the possible winnings during the event, so I'd like my gold back. Probably just getting another standard reply.

manbeast
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm totally with you Led. What they did was so totally wrong. Everyone saying otherwise got the ship.

Mav- I played the event for at least 24 hrs before the change.

Baraka
08-02-2012, 04:42 PM
I do think it could be a bait technique as it is all bout getting people to spend money on the game. I have only ever once seen a mistake before. That was with the fighting Irish.This wasn't an event though it was a pricing error which even as a free player myself made me purchase 50 gold to get the unit. It's just how it is. I do t like how free players get nothing but you gotta live with it.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
A bait and switch you don't get what you are trying to buy.

Here, people did get the ship. So how could that be a bait and switch?

Baraka
08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it could be. Yes people got unit but they got it by spending more gold than usual. I can see all people's view but I'm sure it is just an error as I have seen it before. Just people moaning as usual lol.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 04:50 PM
You will not convince war priest. He is a beta tester. As you can see from his posts he really only ever sides with Gree(d).

War Priest
08-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it could be. Yes people got unit but they got it by spending more gold than usual. I can see all people's view but I'm sure it is just an error as I have seen it before. Just people moaning as usual lol.

More than usual?

That doesn't make any sense. When it was item 10 it would have cost a lot more gold to get than when it was item 7.

Were not just talking about a unit. We are talking about a unit with a bonus. To straight out buy event units from them, you have to spend $10,000 in one month. That's how vaulable these units are to them.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
You will not convince war priest. He is a beta tester. As you can see from his posts he really only ever sides with Gree(d).

No, it doesn't make sense. A bait and switch you lose out, here you don't.

I got the ship with about 500 gold. That is nothing.

Baraka
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
He knows his stuff though. I missed it though, wat where the stats for the ship.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I know i like messing with him from time to time.

Stats were like 287 att and 189 def estimates

War Priest

And I am not "siding" with GREE. I am just saying you guys must not know what a bait and switch is or something.

Here, people WON the ship for very cheap. Very cheap... Thus, the player and GREE wins

If they were pulling a bait and switch, they wouldn't of allowed people to win the ship.

Miner
He knows his stuff though. I missed it though, wat where the stats for the ship.

Attack 287, Defense 159.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
And I am not "siding" with GREE. I am just saying you guys must not know what a bait and switch is or something.

Here, people WON the ship for very cheap. Very cheap... Thus, the player and GREE wins

If they were pulling a bait and switch, they wouldn't of allowed people to win the ship.

Read my follow up. I am egging you on.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Read my follow up. I am egging you on.

Yeah, I seen. Want to argue poliltics next?

Baraka
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Not bad. I wouldn't of tried getting it if I had seen it. I do understand and agree with you it was win win all round. I can see why people thought that though. I think most free players just have beef with all events. Doesn't bother me. Web there's a beat the boss I get like 15 decent units.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I hate politics. Besides i don't argue it. I ignore it.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I hate politics. Besides i don't argue it. I ignore it.

It was a joke.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I figured, wanted to play along. Make up for bad joke before.

Led
08-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I got the ship with about 500 gold. That is nothing.

That's just your opinion to me 500 gold is a lot and I'm sure to many others. Some people used gold and never got the ship and gree took it away before the time of the game ended without warning. That's basicly the definition of a bait and switch.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
That's just your opinion to me 500 gold is a lot and I'm sure to many others. Some people used gold and never got the ship and gree took it away before the time of the game ended without warning. That's basicly the definition of a bait and switch.

Read my earlier post. To straight up buy the unit from them, you have to spend $10,000 in a month. So 500 gold or $10,000...

Led
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Read my earlier post. To straight up buy the unit from them, you have to spend $10,000 in a month. So 500 gold or $10,000...

I did read your previous post... This has nothing to do with other events or how much it would cost to win the 10th unit in those events. we are only talking about this one particular instance. If it was a mistake ,like you belive, then they should have left the item. They are the ones that made the mistake not the players and unfortunately some lost real money.

Baraka
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
500 is a lot to most people. But if you never spend gold then for one event you will never go and spend 500 at once. If they were baited they would of done it lower. Plus like WP said it was there for long enough for lot of ppl to get it. I'd just not bother with events if it winds u up so much. Unfortunately it's never Gunna change. Gree have to pay there employees somehow.

bigflan
08-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I did read your previous post... This has nothing to do with other events or how much it would cost to win the 10th unit in those events. we are only talking about this one particular instance. If it was a mistake ,like you belive, then they should have left the item. They are the ones that made the mistake not the players and unfortunately some lost real money.

It's because it's unfair to Teh lower division who do not have accese to that kind of unit

Case closed

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Your not thinking that all the way through. Imagine how much people spent to get that unit when it was item 10.

And if they had the same unit for item 7 on a different even. Players would be pissed and be complaining like crazy asking for refunds and all.

And like Flan said, it's unfair because everybody didn't have it as item 7.

Mistakes are made to be fixed. :rolleyes:

Baraka
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Haha case closed. It's a battle your not going to win my friend.

Led
08-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Your not thinking that all the way through. Imagine how much people spent to get that unit when it was item 10.

I am thinking this all the way through. We are not talking about a 10th item.

Led
08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Haha case closed. It's a battle your not going to win my friend.

I'm not trying to win anything I'm just trying to make my point and opinion clear. I understand what wp is saying I just disagree with his take on what happened. 😊

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I am thinking this all the way through. We are not talking about a 10th item.

Well, it involves the 10th item on a previous event weather you like it or not. Anyways, I have the ship for cheap because I acted fast and got it. Just like Miner, Blackstone and a few other's.

EDIT: It's actually funny how half of us used gold and got it because we knew it would change, while the other half thought they could get it for free and thought it wouldn't change... :p

Tctiger
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes I think they would have noticed earlier the company has changed as well as the country running it , it does fell like there is a big squeeze going on either way .

Baraka
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I can see your point of view. I use to feel like that. But now I know wat it's like, it won't change. It's the same in all games there's always a cash option you can buy. Otherwise there would be nonprofit in it for them.

Led
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM

I'm still waiting on gin for proof of this "accusation"

lol 😊

Baraka
08-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Any way I'm from across the pond and it's knocking on two in morn so is my last post. Would like to see that Japan article too.

Led
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Any way I'm from across the pond and it's knocking on two in morn so is my last post. Would like to see that Japan article too.

I'm pretty sure it dosnt exsist I was kinda making a jk lol

But if it does I would also like to see it lol

Make it happen gin!

War Priest
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm still waiting on gin for proof of this "accusation"

lol ��

This was the only thing I could find:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203920204577194672803822502.html

And it's not what Gin said. GREE sued another company. Not getting sued...

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
There are more articles. I have them posted where we do not speak.

Tctiger
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
The gold option in the game is not the problem its the balance and running of the game that is the problem , it could kill the game if the big issues are not delt with but maybe that's what they want to then bring out mw2 who knows what plans they have . When funzio first brought out the box events that was a good balance , free players could win the odd one and gold players could buy them . You only have to look at the forum to know what needs to be done listen to the players .

What?
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
WP by your own admission you knew this was a mistake and you went ahead and got the unit anyway. It is funny how any side can argue especially when the outcome of this mess is totally in your favor. In the code of conduct "(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage" By Grees own admission it is a bug and yours that EVERYONE knew this was a mistake one might play the devils advocate here and say that would be grounds for deletion since technically you "exploited a bug". Not really, but you can see how words can be used to make a point even if it is arbitrary.

For me I did not get this unit, I will never again spend gold on an event after several events ago I spent 1500 gold at 9 boxes and never got the 10th unit. For me it is too much like legalized gambling which is illegal in many states in the US and actually kind of surprised it is allowed on a game where underage kids congregate. I don't want to come across a pious, but that is how I feel about these events. As for this latest mistake in a long line of mistakes, I doubt it was intentional, but the thing that Gree should be worried about is the fact that many players seem to think it was intentional even with veteran players. I would be very worried about a tarnished reputation and track record that would allow these theories to propagate from mistrust alone. If this was the first mistake a lot of these players would forgive and forget, but we all know this is not the first and from history this is not going to be the last. Something as simple as testing the new content doesn't seem to be in the policies and procedures from this 7th item to the first boss event debacle, to non indestructible units, to mispellings, there doesn't seem to be any redundancy and checking by other employees. something as basic as a new set of eyes on the project to make sure something isn't missed is so fundamental and obvious stuff like this shouldn't happen so frequently.

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 07:26 PM
WP by your own admission you knew this was a mistake and you went ahead and got the unit anyway. It is funny how any side can argue especially when the outcome of this mess is totally in your favor. In the code of conduct "(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage" By Grees own admission it is a bug and yours that EVERYONE knew this was a mistake one might play the devils advocate here and say that would be grounds for deletion since technically you "exploited a bug". Not really, but you can see how words can be used to make a point even if it is arbitrary.

For me I did not get this unit, I will never again spend gold on an event after several events ago I spent 1500 gold at 9 boxes and never got the 10th unit. For me it is too much like legalized gambling which is illegal in many states in the US and actually kind of surprised it is allowed on a game where underage kids congregate. I don't want to come across a pious, but that is how I feel about these events. As for this latest mistake in a long line of mistakes, I doubt it was intentional, but the thing that Gree should be worried about is the fact that many players seem to think it was intentional even with veteran players. I would be very worried about a tarnished reputation and track record that would allow these theories to propagate from mistrust alone. If this was the first mistake a lot of these players would forgive and forget, but we all know this is not the first and from history this is not going to be the last. Something as simple as testing the new content doesn't seem to be in the policies and procedures from this 7th item to the first boss event debacle, to non indestructible units, tob mispellings, there doesn't seem to be any redundancy and checking by other employees. something as basic as a new set of eyes on the project to make sure something isn't missed is so fundamental and obvious stuff like this shouldn't happen so frequently.

FYI most gold players do this everytime there is a bug or glitch. not once is anything done. They admitted to it everytime as well as tell others to take advantage. This is totally in the realm that gets others banned.

manbeast
08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
great post what?

all the people who spent gold to get the heavy carrier because they knew it was a bug should have the boat taken away and no refund. why should they get refunds when they KNEW it was a bug

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
great post what?

all the people who spent gold to get the heavy carrier because they knew it was a bug should have the boat taken away and no refund. why should they get refunds when they KNEW it was a bugI agree I agree

War Priest
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
great post what?

all the people who spent gold to get the heavy carrier because they knew it was a bug should have the boat taken away and no refund. why should they get refunds when they KNEW it was a bug

Haha... :rolleyes:

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
WP wow :rolleyes:

manbeast
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
thats right priesty i'm talking to you :P

War Priest
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
thats right priesty i'm talking to you :P

It's just funny. If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be saying that...

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
It's just funny. If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be saying that...Becuase you got the unit Haha... :rolleyes:

War Priest
08-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Becuase you got the unit Haha... :rolleyes:

I know. There have been things I have missed out on and other people didn't.

Ryans67
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
The early bird gets the worm!!! I'd argue about it with you guys, but honestly the boat sucks.

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM

I think they should take away the unit though

Vballmadam
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I got the unit but did not know it was a mistake. I was excited when i woke up in the middle of the night and saw what a great prize it was. I wanted it so i collected boxes through pve's. I did not want to level up but all the pveing i did so that i could get the unit. I was lucky enough to get it.

I don't think it was intentional. I don't think those who earned it should be punished. I don't think those who did not get it should get it. I did not win the last event even though i was on 9 from day one and opened over 150 boxes. Does this mean since others got it i should have too?
No! Sometimes life isn't fair. Suck it up and try again the next event. It's a game and we all like playing it.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
It's like a war between the people who got the boat and the people who didn't. I don't know why.

My only question is: Why didn't you use gold to get it when everybody else did.

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
But guys GRE can take away the unit without getting into trouble and I would wish they would have done that

Vballmadam
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
It's like a war between the people who got the boat and the people who didn't. I don't know why.

I don't believe everyone used gold. Many did but again it is luck on the openings.

Kiss Of Death
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
great post what?

I disagree,

It's pretty human to do this. I certainly see many take advantage of miss priced items in shops, errors in rates by the companies I work for. In all cases you can't legally take away what you have accidentally done already, you can only fix it and move forward. I think that is the case here. Certainly none of you have any basis or factual evidence that this was intentional, and given the number of muck ups that happen it is more likely a typical error. If this was a repeat action then you may be able to demonstrate and argue your bait and switch case.

As far as gambling laws go... I have argued that to support and made comment and the fact is: American law does not recognise this as a form of gambling as no cash is awarded.

and this is a terms of service found on every Funzio game both now and before Gree...

"... (A) you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older and you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below (these "terms") OR (B) If you are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), you represent that your legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these terms. If you do not agree with all these terms, or you are not of at least thirteen (13) years of age, or you are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and your legal guardian does not agree with all of these terms, please do not access and/or use the site or services."

term (b) might stuff up the poster of the thread/post about informing all of us about the error, hence why I did not partake in it at the time.

Other than that if you are buying money in a game and under 18, I'd be concerned your parents letting you do it. If you are over 18 you're an adult and reap what you sow. If you are under 13, the game has a rating code like every other one out there. And if you as a parent let your kids buy PS3 games, movies, apps outside the recommended age then you have the parent to blame not the child for lack of care in what their child is doing.

Anyway. I feel that there was no intent in this to miss direct or deceive by the company as it is an isolated incident at this time. I think there are too may conspiracy theorists playing this game.

I think that if you chose to spend money on a 'random' event then you can only expect a 'random' result. I learnt that lesson in my first week and only spend on set returns i.e. units, buildings, boss heals if I have calculated I can beat it. I will use money on occasion to try and get my first few crates open in an event but I don't go chasing the 10th anymore... it happens or not... but I will always use middle option if I can. In fact 5 of my 10th prizes were won using only middle options.

YOU chose how you conduct yourself here, YOU chose how you allocate your money, YOU chose if you don't spend money. If you don't then don't get involved with those that do. You would clearly be on a different wave length before you even start.

I have had it with all the winging people... lets talk about real issues like HELPING EACH OTHER. TACTICS, TIPS & HINTS... or banter on the forum as friends.

Kiss Of Death
08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
But guys GRE can take away the unit without getting into trouble and I would wish they would have done that

Go away flan... you quit....

Actually they can't without compensation. This comes under a number of consumer laws both in the states and countries that play, and iTunes who must adhere to each countries codes would be forced to reimburse and retract from Funzio/Gree any claim made in relation to the matter. So it's not as you preach.

bigflan
08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Go away flan... you quit....

Actually they can't without compensation. This comes under a number of consumer laws both in the states and countries that play, and iTunes who must adhere to each countries codes would be forced to reimburse and retract from Funzio/Gree any claim made in relation to the matter. So it's not as you preach.

Nope actually

The prize is jet engine itself thtas what you pay for not the unit itself so they can take the unit away

manbeast
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM

because i know i can get 7 without using gold. using gold to get the 7th item is maybe the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. the fact that this strategy actually paid off for you people is wrong. your entire "strategy" of using gold is hinges on breaking the rules (taking advantage of a bug), so why the hell should you be able to keep the unit

mxz
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
because i know i can get 7 without using gold. using gold to get the 7th item is maybe the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. the fact that this strategy actually paid off for you people is wrong. your entire "strategy" of using gold is hinges on breaking the rules (taking advantage of a bug), so why the hell should you be able to keep the unitThey're pretty good at taking care of bugs/loot/farming that honest players use and like...so pretty sure it's an expected and sanctioned part of the game.

Led
08-02-2012, 10:22 PM

Have you missed less since becoming a beta tester?

Led
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I like turtles...

Copenhagen
08-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I like turtles...

LOL. I get that.

Kiss Of Death
08-03-2012, 12:29 AM
I like turtles...By far the most intelligent and helpful comment on this thread lately! Lol me too

Tctiger
08-03-2012, 02:09 AM
You can't blame people for spending gold to get the unit same as you can't blame people for going to the shop and buying one , I knew it would be changed and I knew gold players would be trying to get it before they changed it , if I spent gold I would do the same . It's not the players it's the game .

Tail gunner
08-03-2012, 03:17 AM
because i know i can get 7 without using gold. using gold to get the 7th item is maybe the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. the fact that this strategy actually paid off for you people is wrong. your entire "strategy" of using gold is hinges on breaking the rules (taking advantage of a bug), so why the hell should you be able to keep the unit

Just a few points for you to consider Manbeast:-

1) Choosing how to spend gold is each players own choice - I spend gold at the start of each event if i want the 10th prize - it just so happened that the 7th unit on this occassion was submitted incorrectly at the start. Is this the players fault? - No
2) I haven't seen you post a complaint moaning about other players who have the 'Fighting Irish' in their inventory when these were released incorrectly and players took advantage of it at the time.
3) I personally think that you are just unhappy that other players (myself included) manged to get the 10th item prize that you have in your inventory for very little cost and effort.

Giedrybe
08-03-2012, 03:25 AM
My job is in sales. I am responsible for two business areas in my country and also I am responsible for one BA in the region of three countries. I have some experience in customer relationship.

Thus I can tell you MY opinion - few unhappy customers are worse than giving out indestructable item for EVERY MW player, despite his progress in the event. It is much worse.

As a result you have this thread and most likely it shows not more than 5% of total dissatisfaction. And it is easy to deal with those, who post in this thread, as you know the names. Secret/silent dissatisfaction is much worse. You just don't know if some ten players decided to quit, if some ten players decided to quit gold etc.

If avoiding such situation would "cost" me giving out that unit, which means it would cost me NOTHING, I would only think half a second. I would be angry if one of sales managers in my team would ask for my permission/approval. There is nothing to think about. Our mistake is our mistake, if there is good and not costly way to solve, go ahead. Costly ways are tricky ones, where you need manager's approval. Here it is FREE.

With correct ethics and fast objection handling you can win a lot. Loosers don't understand that.

Just my opinion.

Agent Orange
08-03-2012, 04:09 AM
I like turtles...

Isn'T it, mmmmmmm I love Turtles.....

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 05:25 AM
becuase you buy gold does not excuse you form taking advantage of a bug, which is strictly forbidden by the terms of service. I hate to say it, but call it what you will, by spending gold to get that unit, which all of you said you knew was a mistake, you did knowingly cheat and violate the terms of service.

we already saw the terms of service posted in this thread, and alot of people here are openly admitting they knew it was a bug and still took advantage of it. In my opinion your accounts should be banned immediately.

Tail gunner
08-03-2012, 05:43 AM
becuase you buy gold does not excuse you form taking advantage of a bug, which is strictly forbidden by the terms of service. I hate to say it, but call it what you will, by spending gold to get that unit, which all of you said you knew was a mistake, you did knowingly cheat and violate the terms of service.

we already saw the terms of service posted in this thread, and alot of people here are openly admitting they knew it was a bug and still took advantage of it. In my opinion your accounts should be banned immediately.

Poop, as i stated earlier - i spend gold at the start of each crate event if i want the 10th prize - are you saying that i should have waited until they changed the 7th prize back to a normal one (which may have been days and affected my chances of getting to 10) or carried out my usual strategy, won the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th prize on day 1 and then e-mailed support to say change my 7th item please as it is too good? - i don't think so..........if the creators of the gane can't get their house in order prior to the event starting then that is not the players fault.

Jhoemel
08-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Is this issue still not resolved? Ccm havent told us anything yet guys?

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Poop, as i stated earlier - i spend gold at the start of each crate event if i want the 10th prize - are you saying that i should have waited until they changed the 7th prize back to a normal one (which may have been days and affected my chances of getting to 10) or carried out my usual strategy, won the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th prize on day 1 and then e-mailed support to say change my 7th item please as it is too good? - i don't think so..........if the creators of the gane can't get their house in order prior to the event starting then that is not the players fault.

Plain and simple, the terms of service are concise and straight forward, if you knowingly took advantage of bug, glitch or anything else you should be banned. simple. come up with what ever excuses or opinions that you need to justify it, its still a violation of the terms of service. I understand completely that some people didn't notice, I for one thought it was real and not a bug. But we have to apply the rules here evenly. People openly stated and continue to state they acted in a manner to willingly take advantage of this mistake. If you did so intentionally then yes you should be banned. Its no different than a cheater. Just becuase they didn't plug hole or gap doesn;'t mean its ok to cheat.

Tail gunner
08-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Plain and simple, the terms of service are concise and straight forward, if you knowingly took advantage of bug, glitch or anything else you should be banned. simple. come up with what ever excuses or opinions that you need to justify it, its still a violation of the terms of service. I understand completely that some people didn't notice, I for one thought it was real and not a bug. But we have to apply the rules here evenly. People openly stated and continue to state they acted in a manner to willingly take advantage of this mistake. If you did so intentionally then yes you should be banned. Its no different than a cheater. Just becuase they didn't plug hole or gap doesn;'t mean its ok to cheat.

1) How do you prove that people knowingly took advantage of this bug / glitch / mistake? - If players were just carrying out their normal strategy (i think alot of players use McDoc's strategy for events which would make all of these 'Cheaters') then surely they have done nothing wrong / tried to cheat etc.

2) Does this mean that all players that 'Took advantage' of the Fighting Irish are cheaters and should be banned in your opinion?

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 06:19 AM
1) How do you prove that people knowingly took advantage of this bug / glitch / mistake? - If players were just carrying out their normal strategy (i think alot of players use McDoc's strategy for events which would make all of these 'Cheaters') then surely they have done nothing wrong / tried to cheat etc.

2) Does this mean that all players that 'Took advantage' of the Fighting Irish are cheaters and should be banned in your opinion?

Answer to 1, those that openly admitt to it already implicated themselves. enough said. I agree there are those who play in a certain way everytime and did not admitt to anything so we are good.

2. once again, if you openly admitt you did so to take advantage then yes.

what your missing tailgunner is that people are openly addmitting they did these actions to take advantage of a what they said was to them a known bug or mistake. thats the issue here.

Big John
08-03-2012, 06:46 AM
People paid money to get this item so Gree are laughing all the way to the bank. It was advertised to over level 81 players that if you get 7 parts you get the heavy carrier so regardless of bugs or whatever that should have remained or the event is void.

I would like to get an independent view on this if I don't get some sort of compensation.

Mad
08-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Answer to 1, those that openly admitt to it already implicated themselves. enough said. I agree there are those who play in a certain way everytime and did not admitt to anything so we are good.

2. once again, if you openly admitt you did so to take advantage then yes.

what your missing tailgunner is that people are openly addmitting they did these actions to take advantage of a what they said was to them a known bug or mistake. thats the issue here.

The fact is no one knew for sure it was a bug until the unit was removed.

Arizona
08-03-2012, 07:06 AM

Yep, I wonder why people weren't banned. They banned Micky for pointing out bugs, but not anyone for this recent fiasco. Make the playing field even for things like this. It's unfair to a lot of players due to time zone differences as well.

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 07:21 AM
The fact is no one knew for sure it was a bug until the unit was removed.

Read some of the posts before this, several people who I will not name becuase they implicated themselves enough knew this was a mistake (they did so in other threads as well). There have been other bugs just like this in the past, this is not the first nor will it be the last. See I have no problems with people doing what they did if thats just part of the normal game, but when you come into the forums and admitt you did it on purpose with the belief it was a mistake in order to take advantage of the mistake, you crossed the line to cheating. Its rather cut and dry.

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 07:22 AM
As a follow up, we know the for sure some of the cheaters and banned people took advantage of bugs and mistakes that were never publicly advertised as such but were treated in a manner as I describe.

albeezy
08-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I wish ccm would close this thread by providing some input and ending this ridiculous banter. Poop to say I should be banned because Gree made a mistake to my benefit is ridiculous. Months after the Irish fighter error you are now for the FIRST time saying those players should be banned. Why only now do you say this. It makes no sense. I'm sorry they nerfed it but c'mon do you really think bans are in order? Truth is this really points out the fundamental problem that the makers of the game need to COMMUNICATE witht the players here on the forum. Since this event started ccm to my knowledge has only posted once closing the pirate thread. How does he or someone else not come on here and clear the air admit fault and offer a resolution by now? There should be daily communication from the makers of the game especially with the frequency of events. It should not be hard to post a heads up a day in advance that an event is about to start and maybe even provide details about the prizes you could win. Other games I play use push notifications to do this why doesn't Gree?

To sum it up poop, your problem is not with me or others who got the carrier. It is with Gree for not providing information about the error and what is being done to move forward.

Mad
08-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Read some of the posts before this, several people who I will not name becuase they implicated themselves enough knew this was a mistake (they did so in other threads as well). There have been other bugs just like this in the past, this is not the first nor will it be the last. See I have no problems with people doing what they did if thats just part of the normal game, but when you come into the forums and admitt you did it on purpose with the belief it was a mistake in order to take advantage of the mistake, you crossed the line to cheating. Its rather cut and dry.

I don't think you can say people were cheating. Though many on this forum thought it was a mistake, no one knew for sure until the unit was pulled. In fact, some suggested it may have been attempt to spike interest in the collection events, because the Boss event has proven a much better event for collecting gold units.

I know that my interest in the collection events has waned because of the Boss event.

All I am saying until it was actually pulled no one knew for sure it was a glitch.

albeezy
08-03-2012, 07:43 AM
I wish I was better at finding things on old forum posts. I would start a new thread quoting all of the posts from CCM and other Funzio/Gree members stating there would be better communication going forward. It is a nagging problem here and I am confused as to why it is so difficult for them to just pop on here a couple times a day and comment and explain the goings on of the game. Off the top of my head I remember posts promising better communication on the pvp tourney and the iph tourney. EPIC fail on those promises.

Poopenshire
08-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I will answer both Mad and Albeezy, I think it wasn't a mistake but a ploy to get people to put out money. unfortunetly they have a policy in place that states if you take advantage of a mistake or problem your violating the terms of service.

We constantly see people hacking and cheating and taking advantage of exploits and glitches all the time, whats to differentiate this from any other one.

yes communicating should be priority #1. The problem I have is people openly saying they were violating the rules and saying to hell with everything else. That alone should warrant an account ban. If you do something the violates the rules and flaunt it, your done. example on not knowing something is cheating, how many accounts are out there being banned right now energy glitches, stamina glitches, and money glitches and they players are racking up high amounts of cash, valor, and loot. every person in here yells and screams the doors down how thats unfair and they are being robbed until that player is banned. level the playing field and ban people who do the same thing with unit issues. don't cry to me its unfair your just doing what you thought was right, so are the people who have glitches. I never want to see another forum member post anything about cheaters and hackers again if they openly took advantage of this and try to defend themselves. its so hypocritcal you should be ashamed.

bigflan
08-03-2012, 07:50 AM
I know this was a bug but I did not like people to take advantage if it cause I did not have accese to the 7th unit either in a lower tier so why is it fair they get to keep the unit

Wow this game is a disaster

Vballmadam
08-03-2012, 07:52 AM
I think it's time to delete this thread. It's not healthy to get so worked up over a game. It sounds like everyone needs to agree to disagree , move on and take a good vacation! Join us in California next weekend and you can talk with Mark personally and cut loose with all of us, your MW family!

albeezy
08-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I will answer both Mad and Albeezy, I think it wasn't a mistake but a ploy to get people to put out money. unfortunetly they have a policy in place that states if you take advantage of a mistake or problem your violating the terms of service.

We constantly see people hacking and cheating and taking advantage of exploits and glitches all the time, whats to differentiate this from any other one.

yes communicating should be priority #1. The problem I have is people openly saying they were violating the rules and saying to hell with everything else. That alone should warrant an account ban. If you do something the violates the rules and flaunt it, your done. example on not knowing something is cheating, how many accounts are out there being banned right now energy glitches, stamina glitches, and money glitches and they players are racking up high amounts of cash, valor, and loot. every person in here yells and screams the doors down how thats unfair and they are being robbed until that player is banned. level the playing field and ban people who do the same thing with unit issues. don't cry to me its unfair your just doing what you thought was right, so are the people who have glitches. I never want to see another forum member post anything about cheaters and hackers again if they openly took advantage of this and try to defend themselves. its so hypocritcal you should be ashamed.

Poop, I do not think you can characterise this as a bug or glitch the same as some of the others that have been posted here. First, it is not a bug, it was a mistake. The programmers set the 7th prize to the carrier. Nobody hacked the game to make it that way. Also, nobody got the carrier after they pulled it. For those above level 81, the game was operating as it was supposed to based on the programming of the game as decided by Gree's staff. They made a mistake, it was not a bug no matter what CCM says. Your premise fails for this reason.

Second, your comparison to the Irish fighter fails because you wait until now to call those people glitchers and cheaters. That was the same thing, Oops we made a MISTAKE and gave this unit too high stats for this gold price. At that point, Funzio had two choices, pull all the Irish fighter purchased with the incorrect stats or let the players keep them. If they pulled them they would have to refund the gold (thus refunding the money). They chose to keep the money and let the players keep the units. Until the last few days you have NEVER said those players were cheaters for taking advantage of a bug and should be banned. Sour g****s Poop. Sorry, be consistent with your accusations and arguments.

EDIT: This will be my last post on this thread
EDIT2: why is g.r.a.p.e.s edited?

War Priest
08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I am with Vballmadam on this. Everyone is fighting for nothing. This isn't the first time it happen, and won't be the last.

Let's just stop arguing this point.

Led
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you work for funzio/gree wp?

Copenhagen
08-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Outside of the game and issue, I actually find he discussion, perspectives and dialog interesting. This could be a great topic for a business ethics class. That being said, the thread has run it's course.

War Priest
08-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Do you work for funzio/gree wp?

Would that make a difference?

Watash
08-04-2012, 10:28 AM
The Heavy Carrier was on my screen when I used gold to get number 7, however I was awarded the Pegasus Carrier instead. When I closed the Pegasus screen the Heavy Carrier was still showing on my screen as the number three prize. I sent in a ticket detailing the problem and asking for the Heavy Carrier. Their reply was (paraphrase) "this was a bug and you will not be awarded the heavy carrier. This decision is final". I thought their reply was incorrect, lame and unworthy. However, this is just a silly game and not worth getting myself in a major snit. I have moved on and will continue to play this game until I get bored with it.

Led
08-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Would that make a difference?

Wouldn't you agree answering a question with a question comes across as unnnecessarily defensive?

@watash

I think what happened to you is basicly the definition of bait and switch.

War Priest
08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't you agree answering a question with a question comes across as unnnecessarily defensive?

Just saying. It doesn't matter. :)

Mcdoc
08-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Wow - this discussion has really gone sideways. I totally respect Poop, Manbeast & others who are set that playing this event as it was put out for us to play is somehow cheating - but then again - we did JUST that - PLAYED the game the way it was set out for us to play. None of us tried to hack the game or do some kinda of trick to make the game hiccup - so IF we played the game in normal play - HOW exactly is that cheating?

My normal tactic during events is to play hard to get the first 9 items in the first few hours - I've been VERY public about my strategy. So now my strategy is cheating?

I get it that people are bitter that FUNZIO made a mistake and decided to fix THEIR mistake before some people were able to achieve the prize - but to call a "mistake" a "bug" is a mischaracterization of what really happened and a play on words for Funzio to explain away some programmers oversight.

So I get your point of view - but calling people cheaters over this and calling for players to get banned is just not the logical conclusion for people playing the game the way it was presented to us to play. So WHAT exactly were people supposed to do? Get to number 6 and stop playing?

So along this SAME line of reasoning - I would argue that IF FUNZIO doesn't go ALL THE WAY BACK to the beginning of the "Gold Purchase" Bonuses and GIVE those bonuses to the people who take the time to research their bank statements and submit a request - then FUNZIO is now CHEATING customers out of a benefit that was somehow only supposed to be available to a few select players? ISN'T THAT the crux if your complaint? Only a few were allowed to benefit? So if the Irish Fighter (according to your logic) was "cheating" even though it was RIGHT THERE in the game for ANYONE to play the game as it was presented to us to play & now a prize in a game WE have no control over is "cheating" in your eyes - then I expect that you should ALL be putting the SAME energy into crying about how unfair it is that people were getting extra bonus Gold because they were informed and others weren't.

HOW is this ANY different?

Is playing an event in Overtime cheating? The game let's you do it - it's been posted many many times, Funzio knows a lot of people do it. The game says the event will "end soon" so it was obviously programmed to know when the event is over. Have YOU ever played in OT? Does that make YOU a cheater? If you win a prize, cash, valor, unit in OT should Funzio take it back from you and ban your account?

HOW is this ANY different?

No one "cheated" or hacked the game. There was NO Glitch or BUG that was exploited. We all speculated that it was a mistake - and probably it was OUR own discussion on this board that brought it to light for Funzio - but then again - we aren't the programmers and until it was actually changed - being an error was pure speculation on our part.

This isn't a case where you were supposed to get back $13 change from the cashier and they gave you back $18 and you wanna feel guilty about their mistake and make a conscious choice as to whether you will take advantage of their mistake or point it out to them . This is an item that was marked at a certain price - you saw it - recognized it as a good deal - it rang up at the incredible advertised price - you paid for it - and then AFTER the fact the store decides that the price was marked incorrectly and fixes the issue. Now they can't very well go chase down everyone who got a good deal and take back the product - NOR could someone say they stole from the store or somehow cheated somebody.

Your point has been made - there has been a logical discussion. I respect your position - but I will LOSE respect for those who STILL want to label players who just played "normal" play in the game as cheaters or otherwise question the integrity of someone when no wrong doing has been done and the game was played as it was released for us to play with no manipulation or hack.

At this point - those that still want to "cry" about it have moved on from being disappointed that they missed out on a good deal and are now just sour that they didn't get it. Sure it's not "fair" - but all is fair in love and war!

Poopenshire
08-04-2012, 02:29 PM
McDoc you completely missed the point and reason for my argument. Look back to What people say and do in this forum. Half of it crying and whining about cheaters who take advantage of the games mistakes, bugs, and hacks. These same people will at the drop of a hat take the same chances if given it. Its not about right or wrong, its about the hypocrisy that is rampant here. Its so easily seen by how people willingly admitted to taking advantage of numerous mistakes, bit when its not them and they are on the losing end its cheating. Don't co.fuse a morality issues with a hypocrisy issue.

War Priest
08-04-2012, 02:35 PM
McDoc you completely missed the point and reason for my argument. Look back to What people say and do in this forum. Half of it crying and whining about cheaters who take advantage of the games mistakes, bugs, and hacks. These same people will at the drop of a hat take the same chances if given it. Its not about right or wrong, its about the hypocrisy that is rampant here. Its so easily seen by how people willingly admitted to taking advantage of numerous mistakes, bit when its not them and they are on the losing end its cheating. Don't co.fuse a morality issues with a hypocrisy issue.

Like KoD said, it's human nature. :)

Mcdoc
08-04-2012, 02:46 PM
McDoc you completely missed the point and reason for my argument. .... Don't confuse a morality issues with a hypocrisy issue.

I respect the Hypocrisy vs Morality point you are making - I just strongly feel that playing the game in normal play with attempt to manipulate the game or otherwise hack it is in no way wrong doing on my part. To accuse Me, WP, Micky, or anyone else who went for the prize as somehow dishonest just doesn't add up.

I edited my post to include mention of playing events in Overtime. I have to wonder if you would call that cheating also.

Poopenshire
08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought i was clear in stating that play how you want and how wish, but don't go on the forums bragging about how your beating the system especially when you claim cheater on others who do the same. Play the game, not the bragging game. If your going to do it be open about but don't cry about others doing other bugs. No doubt i would do the same es everyone here, but I would go crying bragging how i slamming the system then calling about others who do the same.

Other than that i agree 100%.