PDA

View Full Version : Gold Events/Competitions

swood
08-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Just wondering whether anyone likes this suggestion: Would you guys like gold as a prize for events or competitions either on this forum or actually in the game?

A friend of mine recently quit playing and gave up his high level account because people the same level were so much more powerful, defended and earned more and he said he was under constant attack which fun out of the game after a while. The scratchers system is awesome and is fair for everyone. But the events are so unfair unless you spend a ridiculous amount on gold (challenge anyone to win one of the top prizes without spending real money). By all means keep the events going but would you guys be interested in winning gold as well. After all, gold is the most powerful item in the game as it control pretty much everything. Giving away gold would keep gamers, bring back old gamers and deffo bring in new ones.

So what does everything think?
Thank you!

TonySpaghetti
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think it would, since you'd just have people spending gold to win the gold.

Dakid
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I think it would probably reduce the total amount of gold spent on events. I don't expect this to happen.

<3 Hz
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Just make the events more fair so free players have a chance to get into the top 250 at least. Add on a $1,000,000 cash option for players level 100+, and a $250,000 option for players <100 for a 90% chance at opening a container/chest or whatever. The "fair chance" cash opening option is not all that great.

If they did this, huge gold spenders would still buy to reset their timers so they can get 200 items.

Dakid
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Just make the events more fair so free players have a chance to get into the top 250 at least. Add on a $1,000,000 cash option for players level 100+, and a $250,000 option for players <100 for a 90% chance at opening a container/chest or whatever. The "fair chance" cash opening option is not all that great.

If they did this, huge gold spenders would still buy to reset their timers so they can get 200 items.

wouldn't the gold spenders still just boot out the cash opens through the resets and gold opens though? if you want free players winning the top items you need to give out more top items... like top 500/2000 or so, however this makes the items more common and less valuable methinks.

swood
08-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I didn't mean have winning gold in a even. Winning gold by spending gold is pretty pointless :p. Perhaps winning gold in an event not similar to the ones we have atm, but along those lines

ADMINS: Can we please have some fair events of something for regular players? Some of us have a life and can't afford to waste all are money away on this game for some virtual weapons or whatever

Boom
08-01-2012, 02:38 PM
I play an app (not gonna name it) you can EASILY get free mithril(which is their version of gold) it's a really fun game and u have to spend no money at all. It's a free app too

bigflan
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I play an app (not gonna name it) you can EASILY get free mithril(which is their version of gold) it's a really fun game and u have to spend no money at all. It's a free app tooIs that a alien shooting game

Carlos,
08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
If they gave us a way to win gold (such as scratchers), that would give hackers a way to get unlimited gold.

so it won't happen.