PDA

View Full Version : Rant (ignore if you don't like rants)

Luciferianism
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Just bought a stamina refill by accident. Another thing that doesn't have a confirmation. I'm so sick of blowing gold on instant build buttons and other misclicks. Grr. Not going to submit a ticket this time, just can't be bothered. It only refills 50 stamina points too, for an even bigger slap in the face. [/rant over]

Edit: Actually I might contact support, not because I give a damn about the gold, but to ask them why the fudge nothing in this game has a confirmation button!

Paulio
08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Just send in the ticket bro. I takes like half a minute to say that it was an accident. I've done this about 3 times and they always refund the gold. I agree tho, there really needs to be a confirm button for these things.

P.s. nice signature

BossMan100
08-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Don't buy gold so never happened but there should be a confirmation button. That MUST be annoying.

dudeman
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Contact support. They obviously don't get bugged about gold spending confirmation enough, so bug them again.

Also, there was once an update that said "improved clarity of stamina and energy purchases", or something like that, but I never saw any change. Both energy and stamina purchases are listed as "refills", and neither one actually provides a refill.

Energy "refill" = 1000 energy
Stamina "refill" = 50 stamina.

If your maximums are lower than those amounts, yes you get a refill, but you get less than what you're paying for (aka ripped off). If your maximums are higher than those amounts, the advertising on those two products is false (another ripoff).

mxz
08-01-2012, 10:32 AM
The more tickets they have to deal with asking for refunds for misclicks the more reasons they'll have to add confirmations.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Come on lucifer you love me! I'm going to pray to you right now to destroy mine enemies

Boom
08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah they really should have a confirmation button. We should all send tickets to them asking for da button

Paulio
08-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah they really should have a confirmation button. We should all send tickets to them asking for da button

That would be great - they would get like 100 tickets with the same request within hours of each other. Wonder if that would work?

Boom
08-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The Funzio Revolution!!! Get Gree outta here and let Funzio be alone

Joeycool
08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
It wont happen because its easy money for them.

There will be many people who will not bother asking for their gold back. Its probably a nice little earner for them.

It has been something that the forum has been asking for since I have been on here. It hasnt happened so far. I doubt it ever will.

Paulio
08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Sadly, I agree. I feel like they have their revenue-generating game plan all laid out for the coming months and anything that doesn't fit into that plan, such as fixes and improvements, will be put on the back burner.

Joeycool
08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah... You cant let it get you mad though. Its just how Funzio are.

They have very little concern for the community or for what the community want. Take the new community manager. Whats he doing?

All these concerns about cheating etc? Have we heard anything from him? Is he engaging the community in any way?

When things annoy you too much just quit the game. Thats what I'll do when I get to my dissatisfaction saturation point. (thats a real thing by the way)

Paulio
08-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Yup, it's annoying, but not nearly enough to make me quit. I don't let it bother me too much, and I focus on what I can control. Otherwise, you're bound to be perpetually upset.

If/when I do quit, it will be from boredom, not frustration.

mxz
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, we'd need to make it financially more responsible to fix the problem than leaving the problem in. If people are submitting tickets and a support person has to spend 10 minutes fixing it, at some point the scale tips between making $1 per misclick and Funzio having to pay someone $5/hr to fix the error. When the non-recurring development cost to add confirmation reaches the projected cost of support having to respond to misclicks it's no longer an issue Mark is pushing saying "they want this", it's a financially motivated reason to improve the gameplay experience. In that case, Funzio/Gree don't even have to listen to their customers, per se, because their (some may call it) greed leads them down that path.

Joeycool
08-01-2012, 11:39 AM
mxz... your optimism is refreshing. (i'm sure it will be knocked out of you after a short period of time)

mxz
08-01-2012, 11:47 AM
mxz... your optimism is refreshing. (i'm sure it will be knocked out of you after a short period of time)I don't buy gold, so it's not a big issue to me. I just want to see people look at things from an active viewpoint rather than as victims. By understanding and (bad word) exploiting their incentives we can get what we want. They're motivated (mostly) by money - using that to our advantage in a positive and constructive way is a much better use of resources than all the whining that's become common place.

Second Comming
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I dont like the instant click stuff, its just stupidity and considering there is a conformation for practically anything that doesnt involve gold just shows how little they care about their players. That being said...

When you go to buy stamina or energy it does tell you exacty what you will receive (1000 energy and 50 stamina).

Prankster
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
how about when trying to collect money and then accidently click on a L10 building and then because it lags it doesn't show then next thing you know, you freakin sold it!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
its happened 2 times for me , already sent a ticket for the first incident but come on, now a freakin 2nd time???!?!!?!?!

OH MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNnnn

BASEGOD
08-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Same kind of thing happened to me a few weeks ago during an event. I accidentally spent 15 gold to reset the open timer on one of the crates. I didn't know if they could refund it or not but I guess they can. Hopefully they'll refund that 15 gold because it was gold I got from downloading apps from the offers and I was gonna use it to buy a smoke shop :mad:

Paulio
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Same kind of thing happened to me a few weeks ago during an event. I accidentally spent 15 gold to reset the open timer on one of the crates. I didn't know if they could refund it or not but I guess they can. Hopefully they'll refund that 15 gold because it was gold I got from downloading apps from the offers and I was gonna use it to buy a smoke shop :mad:

I'm pretty sure they will. I accidentally hit timer reset when there was only about 5 seconds before it reset on its own. I got the refund.

dudeman
08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I dont like the instant click stuff, its just stupidity and considering there is a conformation for practically anything that doesnt involve gold just shows how little they care about their players. That being said...

When you go to buy stamina or energy it does tell you exacty what you will receive (1000 energy and 50 stamina).

Here's what I see:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/6b287294.jpg

Those buttons do not ask for confirmation. You tap = you buy. The only time you are asked for "confirmation" with regards to energy and stamina is when you run out of one and the game tries to sell you more. That's when you see the screen that says 50 or 1000, which still uses the term "refill".

jobadass
08-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Here's what I see:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/6b287294.jpg

Those buttons do not ask for confirmation. You tap = you buy. The only time you are asked for "confirmation" with regards to energy and stamina is when you run out of one and the game tries to sell you more. That's when you see the screen that says 50 or 1000, which still uses the term "refill".exactly. I have only spent Gold once (well 3 times in a row) on those items. I was suprised when I thought I would refill my stamina to full 85 and only got 50. Still got the Black Widow, but also false advertising for a RM product.