PDA

View Full Version : What's Most Likely to Drive You Away from Crime City?

Lola Gets
08-01-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm curious about what everyone on the forums thinks are the greatest challenges for the longevity of the game.

*(I am in no way suggesting everyone should or will likely quit. Just want an idea of how everyone is feeling.)

Tragik
08-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Nothing. This is the most addictive game ever.

But seriously, if the system crashed and I lost all my stats I wouldn't start over.

ss30
08-01-2012, 07:16 AM
For me I clicked Boredom, having an event every week for me is killing it. The events use to be special not knowing when they would pop up, now it's just part of the weekly game.

Nudie
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
All of the above. If it wasn't for alcohol I would have quit already, :p

TruthHurts
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
The cheats. They are making the game pointless.

Second Comming
08-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Idrc about the cheaters, they only stay around for a while and the playerbase is a pretty good task force for spotting and reporting them, the never accumulate many wins, i find some of them to be stupid and entertainig, and its safe to say anyone who has invested time and money in this game won't resort to hax.

The thing that would get me would be burn out (left the fame for 3-4mo ths recently), gree not addressing valid issues from their player base, and/or the complete lack of new content that plars have been asking for for longest time. id buy gold again if gree were to show it cared about its players and wernt just out to milk funzios initial and most successful game.

<3 Hz
08-01-2012, 09:20 AM
The imbalance caused by extreme gold buyers mostly. Players who aren't billionaires cant really compete.

The cheaters are just a joke. So you have 6 nightclubs in your hood? How does that help you out?

The extreme amount of time it takes to do things in the game makes it a bit boring. I'd like to finish all the maps, upgrade buildings to L10, and finish thug life goals, but I won't be playing this when I'm 80 years old for sure.

BossMan100
08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The imbalance caused by extreme gold buyers mostly. Players who aren't billionaires cant really compete.

The cheaters are just a joke. So you have 6 nightclubs in your hood? How does that help you out?

The extreme amount of time it takes to do things in the game makes it a bit boring. I'd like to finish all the maps, upgrade buildings to L10, and finish thug life goals, but I won't be playing this when I'm 80 years old for sure.

This. People who buy tons of gold don't give any chance to the rest of us.

koralene
08-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I would leave if i got into another game or got bored. So far, i'm not going anywhere. Got lots of time on my hands for the next 6 weeks... going to kick some a$$.

Dangerous Greg
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I picked "other". My two biggest issues are the sheer magnitude of the greed displayed by some of the management's decisions/game structure. Moving from top 50/500 to 25/250 in the event as an example. Closing the leader board an hour before the "bidding ends" is another. Actually, the auction style event bidding for 5 or 6 days is another example.

The second is the lack of communication and clarity of the communication about events, mechanics, special offers or incentives, gree lack of accountability; all these things are discouraging. Being a relatively large gold spender myself, if there is a promotion I could have taken advantage of that other players had access to or knowledge of, I would have wanted to know!

Last is related to the players themselves. I think we should show a level of respect and tolerance for other players. I get uncomfortable when groups start characterizing other groups of players as being evil or bad. There's a difference between being competitive and beating another player down. I don't think there's any need for players to become bullies because they are stronger.

Ok, my 0.02 cents worth.

BTW, my in-game name is now Alchemy103 (CCS)(UB)

bru747
08-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Is it me or is customer service getting worse and worse? It does not make any sense since the developer is making much more money with all of the events. It takes almost a month to get anything resolved. Responses are slow and sparse and nothing seems to ever get resolved, other than simple requests.

_dan_
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I expect Funzio release CC2 soon, since CC had nothing new to explore. Running event weekly is not a good strategy to keep players.

Nyx
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I've always had great response times from support. The last time was just a couple days ago to restore an accidentally deleted level 10 laundromat. Support responded immediately, saying they'd restore it as a one time only courtesy. I wonder if the 'one time only' courtesy is a new GREE(d) policy because I had the impression from past threads that Funzio would always restore accidentally deleted buildings.

Anyway, the game is just not nearly as exciting as it was when I first started while the Black Widow PvP event was going on. The current weekly event format with its obvious intent to fleece the player base as often as possible is just boring. The lack of communication from the community manager is also discouraging. I'm still waiting to see what other types of events CC will apparently have, as CCM has stated recently. For me, boredom is going to be the main factor in quitting the game, I'm already playing a lot less than I used to.

Zendfrim
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
What will drive me away from this game will be a combination of continued neglect of this game by funzio, Gree, or whatever company they get sold to next, and meeting my personal goal of nightclubs to 10. 1 random day after I hit that mark, I will simply stop playing.

Deluxe
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I picked "other". My two biggest issues are the sheer magnitude of the greed displayed by some of the management's decisions/game structure. Moving from top 50/500 to 25/250 in the event as an example. Closing the leader board an hour before the "bidding ends" is another. Actually, the auction style event bidding for 5 or 6 days is another example.

The second is the lack of communication and clarity of the communication about events, mechanics, special offers or incentives, gree lack of accountability; all these things are discouraging. Being a relatively large gold spender myself, if there is a promotion I could have taken advantage of that other players had access to or knowledge of, I would have wanted to know!

Last is related to the players themselves. I think we should show a level of respect and tolerance for other players. I get uncomfortable when groups start characterizing other groups of players as being evil or bad. There's a difference between being competitive and beating another player down. I don't think there's any need for players to become bullies because they are stronger.

Ok, my 0.02 cents worth.

BTW, my in-game name is now Alchemy103 (CCS)(UB)

Smart guy you seem to be...we should team up or something :)

Euchred
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Boredom and the fact that I put a lot of time into this game but I don't get much back stat wise. I mean why play a game that rewards spenders so much? Maybe it's already time to move on. Nothing for me to get excited about has been released in a while and that's honestly something I don't see changing. I'd like to give it another month but I don't owe this game anything.

jojofromdabronx
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
OTHER
The time investment needed to keep up with events. I like this game but to keep with events interferes with my career. I was on vacation 2 weeks and decided to go hard core some events (collect every hour) and my quality of life decreased and got into argument with wife about checking game hourly. Nice thing is I became a morning person so easy to wake up for work now at 5am.

jobadass
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
The mnju_03 marathon thread...it's a real bass turd

Dangerous Greg
08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Smart guy you seem to be...we should team up or something :)

LOL Smart guy yourself! I think it's a brilliant idea!

Canoehead
08-01-2012, 07:56 PM
One of the more constructive threads of late. I agree with pretty much everything said, except I don't mind how long it takes to complete things - the long term nature of things is a good part of the game IMHO. Instead of identifying problems, though, maybe we should be thinking about solutions. Companies respond best to market forces. A handfull of complaints when money is rolling in tend to get dismissed. The only thing that matters to them is the bottom line - so why don't we try to impact that. There are plenty of gold buyers on this forum and in the in game groups. A gold buying strike will get quick and decisive response. If CK members alone stopped buying gold, the bottom line changes. The leader board in events allows us to see who is compliant.

Even though I am a gold buyer I believe that modifications which let non gold buyers be more competitive, either through skill or effort, are essential to the long term health of the game

DenZ1
08-01-2012, 08:17 PM
GREED is NOT good!

gcooldude
08-02-2012, 05:32 AM
What would make me walk away is neglect to improve the game. If they don't add more levels, area, buildings, etc.

badvoc0
08-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Seeing the same list of players time after time in the rivals list is getting a bit boring, if there are so many people playing the game, where are they?

even though its good to be able to quickly scan down the rivals list and see the players that you can possibly/probably beat it would be a bit more interesting if the list varied a bit.

I know that the list represents players that are approx the same level/mob size/stats as me but surely there must be more than 50 - 60 of them.

Second Comming
08-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Imagine how the gold buyers who have invested 1k, 10k, 100k+ $$ in this game only for gree to let it be milked to the extreme and die a death. Im certain gree don't see Cc as a long term thing which is sad. So many factors have stopped me from spending a penny on gold since last january and things are not improving.

Throwing the nerf bat at the Cartel is just another example - instead of reducing drop rates they could of added a new tier of cash xplosives, another tier of (R) weapons and some (R) xplosives. If that was to interfere on the 50-60 gold items then simply add a small few more stats to them. (R) takes time to accumulatr, gild weapons are instant buys once you have purched gold.

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀 = CC's future at presant.

TruthHurts
08-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Seeing the same list of players time after time in the rivals list is getting a bit boring, if there are so many people playing the game, where are they?

even though its good to be able to quickly scan down the rivals list and see the players that you can possibly/probably beat it would be a bit more interesting if the list varied a bit.

I know that the list represents players that are approx the same level/mob size/stats as me but surely there must be more than 50 - 60 of them.

Unfortunately a lot of people quit before the high levels. The higher I have gotten, the less options on the rivals list. If they don't improve play, it will continue to be this way.

td2
08-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Still no scratchers for the Fire and less time for events unless you have an IOS device make it pointless to even try to compete.

Zendfrim
08-03-2012, 12:56 PM
This game is dying and Gree/funzio is letting it. Plain and simple. I think I might keep the money I was going to spend. This is the beginning of the end. More stupid events, more worthless attack skill rewards, less valid content.

Lola Gets
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM
This game is dying and Gree/funzio is letting it. Plain and simple. I think I might keep the money I was going to spend. This is the beginning of the end. More stupid events, more worthless attack skill rewards, less valid content.

It's really looking that way. I thought the major downfall would be the cheaters, but I really think it's going to be Funzio/Gree moves that disenfranchise players who anticipated playing much longer. The greed is out of control. You shouldn't have to be a Top 25 spender in order to have a chance...

I still plan on sticking around a while, but while I always thought I would buy gold buildings and weapons when I got to higher levels, there's no chance I am giving these guys another dime!

mnju_03
08-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Mitt Romney.

Canoehead
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Agree completely with second coming. Only chance we have is to boycott gold purchases, even if only for one event. Companies respond to the market and the bottom line. If just the CK crew got in board, this could work. From looking at the top 25s for the last few auctions, CK members are significant spenders. Screw the Indians, CK wars and any other disputes among ourselves. Players unite!

Steve0
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Its like boycotting Gas companies it sounds good on paper but will never happen, I cant say much because I am a free player so more power to you If you get a movment going. If they dont bring new content out then they are going to loose the alot of the fan base. The events are getting old. Cheaters are getting old. I play now like Sim City.

joaquim
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Mitt Romney.

If this your selection for president then that is the correct answer.

Burkey41
08-06-2012, 04:27 AM
I love this game and I'm new here, hence posting this on this thread cos I havent made enough posts to start my own topic.

I play crime city on my ipad every day and more so this week as I'm off work for a week!!

Problem is I've paid for 5 enhancements to my hood and each time the construction period has expired nothing has happened, even though the funds have been deducted from my stash.

Im on level 26 now and one of my goals is to have 35 buildings and I dont have the room!

I have tried deleting the app and re-installing but it makes no difference, I still keep seeing the dreaded tap here to expand!!

Help would be appreciated

G

Bea
08-06-2012, 05:03 AM
I voted 'other', RL priorities. I might get busier. Also, I just promised someone I'd give up CC/KA if he gives up smoking...

Nudie
08-06-2012, 06:24 AM
I voted 'other', RL priorities. I might get busier. Also, I just promised someone I'd give up CC/KA if he gives up smoking...

Bea! Say it isn't so! Just sneak off for a secret CC session whenever he sneaks off for a secret smoke then. :p

Bea
08-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Bea! Say it isn't so! Just sneak off for a secret CC session whenever he sneaks off for a secret smoke then. :p

Lol, he won't quit- but I've shut him up from saying 'are you on that game again?'...

Nudie
08-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Lol, he won't quit- but I've shut him up from saying 'are you on that game again?'...

Clever girl. I knew you were more than just another pretty face. :cool:

procsyzarc
08-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Pretty much have already quit crime city because the greed of the company is out of control. Having a lot more fun and spending a lot more money on other games which may not be as advanced but are a lot more fun and the real money used feels worthwhile.

gree games are the only ones I have every come accross where you can spend $500 and have it make pretty much no diffrence (at high levels anyway)

Nudie
08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Pretty much have already quit crime city because the greed of the company is out of control. Having a lot more fun and spending a lot more money on other games which may not be as advanced but are a lot more fun and the real money used feels worthwhile.

gree games are the only ones I have every come accross where you can spend $500 and have it make pretty much no diffrence (at high levels anyway)

Kudos. I completely agree. I actually enjoy the forum more than the game. :cool:

ColdMaffiaBaroness
08-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Forum is a great game

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Forum is a great game

It's the only thing not already coded.

Nudie
08-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Forum is a great game

Don't tell Gree. They'll start charging gold for forum posts. :p

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I quit....

Steve0
08-06-2012, 08:57 PM
If it wasn't for this forum I woud Quit several months ago.

mnju_03
08-06-2012, 08:58 PM
If it want for this forum I woud Quit several months ago.

Amen brother!

Swifty
08-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Other.

The other other.