PDA

View Full Version : Installing Tapjoy - any security risks, junk e-mails, etc?

YLL
08-01-2012, 06:01 AM
There has been some discussion elsewhere about the possibility of getting KA gems from Tapjoy in future. Although I play MW, I've not to date installed Tapjoy on my iPhone to date due to fears about having my inbox inundated with junk mail from advertisers, security risks, etc.

Can anyone who's installed Tapjoy let me know of their experiences - is it safe and worthwile? Are there any downsides? Thanks!

Hapl0
08-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Not junk mail, dunno about security risk, it looks safe and nobody has reported any bad issue.

Hapl0
08-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Some forumite told me that you could only get rewards in one of the games not both, if you had this in CC can't use in MW, but i'm not sure about this, maybe someone could bring light in this subject.

YLL
08-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Not junk mail, dunno about security risk, it looks safe and nobody has reported any bad issue.

About the security risk, what concerns me is that we get prompted to "install [a] profile" that "will enable settings on your device". According to Dravak on the CC forum, Tapjoy is Spyware that collects info on what you browse, who you call etc.

It is not harmfull it is collecting your privacy data , so what you browse what you do on your device .
Who you call etc etc .. What you install .
What you visit , well so might call it invasion on privacy , but it is all in the Eula .
On pc it is called like spyware .

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23280-Is-Tapjoy-harmfull

YLL
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
CCM & CJ54: If you see this, could you tell us more about Gree/Funzio's relationship with Tapjoy? And what settings changes are made, what software is installed and what info (if any) is accessed/tracked on our iPhones? If you don't know, perhaps you could organise for a Tapjoy representative to come on this forum and tell us more?

el_gringo
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
If you're from England don't do the 'trip to barcelona' competition one, they spam me all the time and I don't think I got the measly single piece of gold it offers.

Never got spam off anything else, although I've not done much apart from the 'come back to tapjoy' ones.

FisK
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm always accessing TapJoy though the webbrower, Never from ingame.
It had never ask to install any profile that way.

It is working great for both CC HD and MW.
You will not earn millions of gold (gems) daily though tapJoy.
I'm getting around 100 Gold a month for both games.

I have found a few interesting games though TapJoy offers, so it is not all bad.
I haven't got any spam e-mail or malware though TapJoy yet.

The only problem I have had with TapJoy is that the reward are not always paid out to some EA games.

I hope KA comes to TapJoy too.

Hapl0
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks a lot Fisk for the info.

YLL
08-02-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm always accessing TapJoy though the webbrower, Never from ingame.
It had never ask to install any profile that way.

It is working great for both CC HD and MW.
You will not earn millions of gold (gems) daily though tapJoy.
I'm getting around 100 Gold a month for both games.

I have found a few interesting games though TapJoy offers, so it is not all bad.
I haven't got any spam e-mail or malware though TapJoy yet.

The only problem I have had with TapJoy is that the reward are not always paid out to some EA games.

I hope KA comes to TapJoy too.

Yes, thanks a lot for that. :) Just to clarify, did you mean you are accessing TapJoy through Safari on your iPhone/iPad, or through a browser on a separate PC?

YLL
08-02-2012, 01:46 AM
If you're from England don't do the 'trip to barcelona' competition one, they spam me all the time and I don't think I got the measly single piece of gold it offers.

Never got spam off anything else, although I've not done much apart from the 'come back to tapjoy' ones.

Thanks for the info. :) You based in England too?

FisK
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes, thanks a lot for that. :) Just to clarify, did you mean you are accessing TapJoy through Safari on your iPhone/iPad, or through a browser on a separate PC?
Safari on my iPad.

If I go to TapJoy.com on my PC it just shows a page about TapJoy. But then I do the sameting in Safari on my iPad it goes straight to my list of installed TapJoy supported apps. (a click on any of the app icons will show a list of offer for that app)

I don't know if it works in other iPad/iPhone webbrowers

Bea
08-04-2012, 07:28 AM
My iphone went into a boot loop after installing tapjoy apps, so a recent backup is always a good idea!

YLL
08-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Safari on my iPad.

If I go to TapJoy.com on my PC it just shows a page about TapJoy. But then I do the sameting in Safari on my iPad it goes straight to my list of installed TapJoy supported apps. (a click on any of the app icons will show a list of offer for that app)

I don't know if it works in other iPad/iPhone webbrowers

My iphone went into a boot loop after installing tapjoy apps, so a recent backup is always a good idea!

Thanks again, Fisk! And, thank you Bea! :)

Saadtapjoy
08-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. Tapjoy is in no way a Spyware, we have over 55 million customers. Also the privacy statement clearly state we respect the privacy of our customers and do not share this info with any 3rd party.

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll address them.

Thanks

Saad

About the security risk, what concerns me is that we get prompted to "install [a] profile" that "will enable settings on your device". According to Dravak on the CC forum, Tapjoy is Spyware that collects info on what you browse, who you call etc.

Hapl0
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks Saad for the info. I have a problem with my account in Tapjoy, just joined tapjoy to gain gold in Modern War and everything were fine but at least one month ago i transfer Modern War to another iDevice and now i can't gain gold downloading apps and only visiting the section MW in tapjoy every two days. I contacted support in tapjoy but it looks like it can't be fixed.

YLL
08-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. Tapjoy is in no way a Spyware, we have over 55 million customers. Also the privacy statement clearly state we respect the privacy of our customers and do not share this info with any 3rd party.

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll address them.

Thanks

Saad

Hello, Saad! Thank you for the clarifications, very reassuring. Could you tell us what sort of information Tapjoy collects from our iPhones - I know you've said you don't share it with third parties, but it would still be nice to know what data you're gathering.

Also, what changes are made to our iPhone settings (if any) when we install the Tapjoy profile? I ask in case it interferes with any other settings.

Third, el_gringo said earlier in this thread that spam came from one of the Tapjoy links (a holiday trip to Barcelons). Can you tell us whether Tapjoy monitors and acts on this sort of issue?

Fourth, is Tapjoy going to be awarding KA gems in future?

CCM and CJ54: If it was you who got Saad here, thank you!

Saadtapjoy
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi,

My name is Saad and I work at Tapjoy. Tapjoy is not a spyware what so ever. I can address any concerns you have.

You can send me email at skhan@tapjoy.com.

Regards

Saad

The_Red
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Am I the only one who's surprised that someone from TapJoy created an account just ot post on this thread?

Timbathia
08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who's surprised that someone from TapJoy created an account just ot post on this thread?

And then didnt even address the fact that KA was only on tapjoy for a few days and then disappeared.