PDA

View Full Version : Quick! A Photo-Wiz! Deleting pic backgrounds!

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Totally off-game topic...

I was just wondering who knows of an easy way/website on how to grab any pic and delete its background so i may have just the object itself "cut-out" so to speak.

Anyone? War Priest I know you can do it for sure as well as Stricker (wherever he is)

Buggs1a
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I don't know, but just wanted to say that I don't think stricker will be back for a while. He told me what he's doing. I forget if he said how long it would take. But I can say he is doing good deeds.

manbeast
08-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I think the pictures they grab come without backgrounds.

Jhoemel
08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't know, but just wanted to say that I don't think stricker will be back for a while. He told me what he's doing. I forget if he said how long it would take. But I can say he is doing good deeds.

what is stricker doing?

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 01:35 AM
I think the pictures they grab come without backgrounds.

there FOR SURE is a way and i remember WP saying he used a certain website once to do it. go forbid i am going to attempt to look for it in the WWY thread, lmao

manbeast
08-01-2012, 01:39 AM
there FOR SURE is a way and i remember WP saying he used a certain website once to do it. go forbid i am going to attempt to look for it in the WWY thread, lmao

good luck with that!! dont get lost in there!

I just noticed my quote in your sig. love it haha

JMC
08-01-2012, 01:47 AM
If you're talking about the pics they post of units and stuff, those come without backgrounds. If he mentioned it elsewhere that i didn't see and said there was a website, i doubt there are any automatic ways to delete a background unless it is a very simple picture to begin with. You're gonna have to use the lasso tool to cut out the background, whether it be on a website or a photo editing program.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 01:51 AM
If you're talking about the pics they post of units and stuff, those come without backgrounds. If he mentioned it elsewhere that i didn't see and said there was a website, i doubt there are any automatic ways to delete a background unless it is a very simple picture to begin with. You're gonna have to use the lasso tool to cut out the background, whether it be on a website or a photo editing program.

well, on my old dell desktop i used to have cs5 pro and there was literally a one-click tool that would automatically delete the background (for object-type photos)

it was quite useful. but now i have a mac and have no way to get cs5 without paying for it, lol

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 01:52 AM
good luck with that!! dont get lost in there!

I just noticed my quote in your sig. love it haha

lol i couldn't stop laughing and as i was about to reply to it i noticed copenhagen did and laughed even more. so i just put it in my sig since he had already replied(:

JMC
08-01-2012, 01:57 AM
well, on my old dell desktop i used to have cs5 pro and there was literally a one-click tool that would automatically delete the background (for object-type photos)

it was quite useful. but now i have a mac and have no way to get cs5 without paying for it, lol

Yeah, that's the magic wand tool which will select all of 1 colour + colours that are very similar to it that are touching eachother.

Like i said, only works for very simple photos, otherwise it will not work or will mess with the object you are trying to keep.

Don't know much about macs and what programs you can get for that, but if it's a simple pic it shouldn't be too hard to do it with a simple, free program.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 02:00 AM
http://icydiablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/iPhone-4S-Jailbreak-5.0.1.jpg

this pic. very simple. will need to get in between the chain links as well i suppose. anyways, if anyone knows of any online programs let me know, i need it for a school assignment i'm working on(:

JMC
08-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Yeah that's fairly simple. Still think you'd need the lasso tool for that one though. Because of the shadow on the phone as well as some of the bright shiny parts on the chains possibly getting erased. Overall the lasso makes a higher quality cut most of the time anyway.

Did a simple google search for "online photo editor" and came up with pixlr.com

Seems to have most of the tools that any other program might have.

Does that have something to do with jailbreaking iphones?

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah that's fairly simple. Still think you'd need the lasso tool for that one though. Because of the shadow on the phone as well as some of the bright shiny parts on the chains possibly getting erased. Overall the lasso makes a higher quality cut most of the time anyway.

Did a simple google search for "online photo editor" and came up with pixlr.com

Seems to have most of the tools that any other program might have.

Does that have something to do with jailbreaking iphones?

thank you, i will try it out(:

and yes, great guess. I'm doing a PPT presentation on how to jailbreak an iPhone. its for my computer science class

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 02:36 AM
im not understanding this lasso tool. i outlined the top part of the pic. now what? lol

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 02:56 AM
This could work..
http://pixlr.com/editor/

Edit: Should've read JMC's post :rolleyes:

Dreno you probably just press delete when you've got it selected. Or use Edit > Cut.

JMC
08-01-2012, 03:13 AM
im not understanding this lasso tool. i outlined the top part of the pic. now what? lol

You can do as hassleham said, it should work. I've never used that site before so im not sure. The lasso should make a box around the part that you outlined. So if it doesn't allow you to just delete or cut that part, just use the eraser tool and it'll only effect the part within the area you lasso'd.

Arizona
08-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Dr. Eno,
If you had CS5 before you should be familiar with how Photoshop works. I've used Pixlr a few times but just for resizing , but it can probably do what u need. Its layout is similar to PS.
I don't have CS5 installed on my PC but if I remember, the solution involves a combination of selection tools, feathering, masking.
Wish I could help more but I haven't had time to get into using PS as much as I'd like.
Instead google removing backgrounds from images.

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Learn photoshop and all ur problems are over!

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 03:25 AM
easiest way to do it is copy background and erase until the file, let me boot up photoshop, ill do it for you

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 04:37 AM
wait for it!

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 04:42 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/34htjll.jpg

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Didn't he want the phone in there micky?

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 05:15 AM
oh crap really? hahah, thats not easy to do because a lot of it is missing!

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
oh crap really? hahah, thats not easy to do because a lot of it is missing!

i want the chain and phone, no white background. the one you posted still has one

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
i want the chain and phone, no white background. the one you posted still has one

Have you managed it yet?

Lordsloss
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Microsoft paint will do that I believe. Let me take a look.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Have you managed it yet?

no, i found another temporary photo in case i can't get this one to work. this would be such a good one too, if only. hope someone like WP can teach me how b/c I'm not managing with this dam lasso thing. haha i feel like such noob right now!

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 10:52 AM
no, i found another temporary photo in case i can't get this one to work. this would be such a good one too, if only. hope someone like WP can teach me how b/c I'm not managing with this dam lasso thing. haha i feel like such noob right now!

i'll do it, one sec

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Dreno, do you want the phone shadow showing or no?

War Priest
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/21lv1xz.png

This one has it.

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 11:11 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/iPhone-4S-Jailbreak-501.png

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Some of the edges looked a bit nasty when i used the magic wand so i tidied it up a bit, could be better though but i doubt you need it to look THAT good haha.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Hassle I didn't know if he wanted the shadow showing or not. Yours doesn't have the shadow and mine does.

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I thought the shadow looked a bit weird because it could be mistaken for the side of the iphone when the buttons are viewed from straight ahead so i rubbed it out :)

I just released the bottom on mine isn't straight but i'm sure you can rub that out yourself dreno.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
wow thanks guys!(: your pretty quick at it as well. haha. thanks again!!

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ceho1y.png

what do you think??

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Looks good, now i get why it HAD to be transparent haha

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Dreno, what are you making?

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Dreno, what are you making?

PPT presentation on how to jailbreak your iPhone(: its for my summer course: Computer Science 201

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:26 AM
PPT presentation on how to jailbreak your iPhone(: its for my summer course: Computer Science 201

What is your major again? Business something...

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 11:31 AM
What is your major again? Business something...

business administration (concentration in Marketing)

this course is an Upper Division course

JMC
08-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Is the presentation short? So simple to jailbreak the phone now.

Sync your phone to itunes so you have a back up, then reset all data and settings on your phone.
Download absinthe, plug in your phone, press the button.
Wait a few minutes, Done.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Cool. I am starting this August for Police Science Technology.

Miner
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Nice choice for degree Dreno. Good luck on the class.

I have a BS in Business and Information Systems with a concentration in Marketing and a Masters in Business Administration.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Sync your phone to itunes so you have a back up, then reset all data and settings on your phone.

yes, its like a 5 or 10 minute presentation. I'm going to explain what it is and many of its features as well. then explain the simple steps, then demonstrate with my phone (the reboot part). i use redsn0w tho. does the same thing.

Cool. I am starting this August for Police Science Technology.

oh cool! so, as a career, you will be involved in improving and creating new technology for the authorities?

Arizona
08-01-2012, 11:57 AM

Slightly off Topic, but can anyone here tell me, Is Absinthe, the alcoholic beverage illegal in The USA or illegal to being in as a tourist.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:26 PM
oh cool! so, as a career, you will be involved in improving and creating new technology for the authorities?

No. I am going to be a cop. It's a degree for law enforcement and security.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 12:29 PM

interesting... anyways. good luck being a cop in vegas. i bet you'll see some sh!t you wish you hadn't aha. i love being sober-4-life(:

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
interesting... anyways. good luck being a cop in vegas. i bet you'll see some sh!t you wish you hadn't aha. i love being sober-4-life(:

Sober-4-life? Not until Kitty makes you take a shot for all of us.

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Sober-4-life? Not until Kitty makes you take a shot for all of us.

she's hilarious i know.

mickymacirl
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Copper hey?

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Copper hey?

Seems like a fun job, right?

Gun, taser, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, taser. :D

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Seems like a fun job, right?

Gun, taser, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, taser. :D

Is there a reason you mention taser twice? ;) And Gin's going to get excited if you keep talking about handcuffs...

Gotta go SWAT though. The pants are WAY cooler.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Is there a reason you mention taser twice? ;) And Gin's going to get excited if you keep talking about handcuffs...

Gotta go SWAT though. The pants are WAY cooler.

I want the taser. :)

Haha, nasty man. And yeah, maybe go S.W.A.T later on. Not for the pants though, that's kind of weird. :rolleyes:

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Haha, nasty man. And yeah, maybe go S.W.A.T later on. Not for the pants though, that's kind of weird. :rolleyes:

Good mental picture: WP shooting flan with a taser and flan dropping all his stuffed animals and kitchen knives while he starts twitching and pissing his pants.

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I nearly bought a taser in a shop in France once, sometimes I wish I had haha.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Good mental picture: WP shooting flan with a taser and flan dropping all his stuffed animals and kitchen knives while he starts twitching and pissing his pants.

Haha, you combined the two threads. :p

I would whisper get on the ground a few times so they don't hear me then tase them for "not listening". :D

Haha, just kidding. I wouldn't do that. I'll be a good cop.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I nearly bought a taser in a shop in France once, sometimes I wish I had haha.

You know they make a taser now that can take down three people at once. It's basically like the normal gun taser but it has three instead of one cartridge. Just aim and shoot three times. Really cool but expensive. $10K...

Here is the link: http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-x3-ecd

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Haha, you combined the two threads. :p

I would whisper get on the ground a few times so they don't hear me then tase them for "not listening". :D

Haha, just kidding. I wouldn't do that. I'll be a good cop.

Yeah, figured it would be a good time to link them together!

"You have the right to wear a diaper, b----!".

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Ouch! That's crazy.. I know a guy who got tased once, said it was the worst thing he'd ever experienced haha.

bigflan
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Guys use tomahawks very useful item

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:25 PM
You know they make a taser now that can take down three people at once. It's basically like the normal gun taser but it has three instead of one cartridge. Just aim and shoot three times. Really cool but expensive. $10K...

Here is the link: http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-x3-ecd

Too bad I don't have need for a taser. Do all 3 leads stay connected to deliver charges simultaneously? Or do you shoot one, deliver the charge, shoot the next deliver the charge, etc...

I'll stick with my Glock 23 for now. It delievers 14 charges without reloading.

Lordsloss
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
No. I am going to be a cop. It's a degree for law enforcement and security.I will finish with my degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Sociology in December. I begin Police Academy in January then I will get my masters in Sociology with a strong concentration in Criminal Justice.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Too bad I don't have need for a taser. Do all 3 leads stay connected to deliver charges simultaneously? Or do you shoot one, deliver the charge, shoot the next deliver the charge, etc...

I'll stick with my Glock 23 for now. It delievers 14 charges without reloading.

You point, shoot. Point, shoot, and point, shoot.

http://youtu.be/CnGgpkq98Cs

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I will finish with my degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Sociology in December. I begin Police Academy in January then I will get my masters in Sociology with a strong concentration in Criminal Justice.

That's awesome man. :)

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:40 PM
You point, shoot. Point, shoot, and point, shoot.

http://youtu.be/CnGgpkq98Cs

That's hilarious. Notice the smallest dude in the room is the one with the taser???

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:42 PM
That's hilarious. Notice the smallest dude in the room is the one with the taser???

I thought it was funny when he tased all three when they were still down. :D

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I thought it was funny when he tased all three when they were still down. :D

I turned the speakers up on my computer after he tazed the the first time so I could hear what he said. Then all the guys start yelling and a co-worker poked their head in my office and said, "everything ok in here?" lol

Dreno33
08-01-2012, 01:56 PM

in the police force, they require you know the effects of weapons you equip with you.
in order to use pepper spray, you must be sprayed by it first.
in order to use a taser, you must be tasered first.

so, if you want to use a gun do you have to be shot first? :rolleyes:

War Priest
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I turned the speakers up on my computer after he tazed the the first time so I could hear what he said. Then all the guys start yelling and a co-worker poked their head in my office and said, "everything ok in here?" lol

Haha, that's funny. Not cool you get paid to be on the forums though... :rolleyes:

Miner
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
in the police force, they require you know the effects of weapons you equip with you.
in order to use pepper spray, you must be sprayed by it first.
in order to use a taser, you must be tasered first.

so, if you want to use a gun do you have to be shot first? :rolleyes:

Of course. All cops have to be shot on their first day. Everyone knows that!

bigflan
08-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey guys imagine If I threw a tomahawk

Miner
08-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey guys imagine If I threw a tomahawk at a stuffed animal

I still don't know why you have stuffed animals...

Lordsloss
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Of course. All cops have to be shot on their first day. Everyone knows that!Lol, any type of non-lethal force an officer uses must be used against them so they know how much force is needed to subdue a suspect.

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey guys imagine If I shut up

That would be amazing.

bigflan
08-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Im noob and totally hate on the beast flan.So true who wouldn't

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Flan you just ripped on yourself..

bigflan
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM