PDA

View Full Version : CCM- throw us a bone

manbeast
07-31-2012, 03:16 PM
I seriously cannot believe the way GREE handles events. No respect for free players. No respect for gold players. No respect for yourselves.

I had decided to stop playing crate events, because they are making me level up too fast. I got the pop up for this event and decided to play when I saw the powerful 7th item. I did a ton of PVE and some PVP and got up to 6 parts. And then you guys change the 7th item from 287/159 to 31/67. Seriously? If the original unit was a mistake, it should have been corrected immediately after the event went live, NOT 24 hrs in, NOT after people have spent an entire day putting energy, money, and time into this event. When your engineers make a mistake, they need to man up and take the fall for it, instead of just saying "oh well" and screwing over your customers.

Please pass this message along to whoever is responsible.

The only remedy I can see for this situation is to put the original unit back up.

spectra
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Amen to than bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poopenshire
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Keep this at the top of the threads at all times. This will not be forgotten or forgiven. Where is the loyalty to the players. Its bad enough my box opening is being nerfed by your set up this is insulting.

Boom
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
LOL ur already damn lucky to not have leaderboard events. Free players ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE to get the final prize... C'mon..

Poopenshire
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
I am sure there is not enough money to be made, thats the only reason its not here.

magepker
07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
The problem with this is that you knew it was a mistake and shouldve known it was going to get fixed as soon as they could.... Taking advantage of a glitch/mistake doesn't mean your entightled to keep the benefits.

manbeast
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL ur already damn lucky to not have leaderboard events. Free players ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE to get the final prize... C'mon..

I'd rather have a leaderboard event than a pure luck event.

The problem with this is that you knew it was a mistake and shouldve known it was going to get fixed as soon as they could.... Taking advantage of a glitch/mistake doesn't mean your entightled to keep the benefits.

I honestly didnt think it was a mistake. I thought it was an incentive to get more people involved in the event. With the boss events giving out 15-30 decent indestructibles per event, a lot of people have stopped playing the crate events. A powerful 7th item is a good way to get everyone involved. Then once you are up to 7, may as well keep trying for 9 and 10.

I thought it was actually a really smart play by gree. Go figure. The one time I thought they had made a smart move, it turns out to have been a mistake! haha

War Priest
07-31-2012, 03:59 PM
You guys should have known this would happen though. It was pretty obvious. That is why a lot of us used gold to get to 7 fast. We all knew it would be "fixed".

Jhoemel
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I totally agree man, im the same as you. I got 6th then they changed the unit. This sucks.

Corsair
07-31-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought it was actually a really smart play by gree. Go figure. The one time I thought they had made a smart move, it turns out to have been a mistake! haha
Without them specifically saying something about it in the promo splash? Oh come on...really? REALLY??? ;) I thought you'd figured it out by now, man! lol

It was a typo. I wouldn't be surprised if they "fix" the ones who got it and shouldn't have, but they usually don't do that.

CasualPlayer
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
It was obviously a glitch so I used gold and went from 0-7 I'm the space of 20 mins. Still stuck at 7 for the last 14 hours lol. I doubt anything will happen, some people got lucky, others spent gold and others just took the risk by using the middle option. Just a matte of time before the mistake was rectified.

CasualPlayer
07-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Without them specifically saying something about it in the promo splash? Oh come on...really? REALLY??? ;) I thought you'd figured it out by now, man! lol

It was a typo. I wouldn't be surprised if they "fix" the ones who got it and shouldn't have, but they usually don't do that.

Then there would be uproar! Don't think it wold be a simple fix so I'm not too worried

Selfproclaimed
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Wasn't a glitch or a typo. It was a blatant mistake , they put the wrong unit in. If they would stop naming units similar,then perhaps,when the tech guys go to input it into the event , theyll notice the right unit to input when rushing an event.

Fifth Reich
07-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Wow Gree. You did this purpose. These joke events ruined the game. I quit ALL events.

Tctiger
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
What speed ump and poop have talked about in other threads is starting to feel very close to the truth as regards to the running of this game from the vibe I am getting from playing lately , too many mistakes/cons that would all increase gold sales , they all have the same objective which seems strange for random bugs don't you think?

Lawyer
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
I made a conscious choice to no longer go after boxes as an side effect is you level up really fast. Leveling up hurts your chances in the boss events.... Though when I first saw that 7 th box unit I was going to buy gold and play.... Before I could it was changed ... Too bad GREE you lost out on at least 50 to 100 dollars from me.... Hahahaha

What?
07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
So did the people who did get 7 before they changed it get to keep the unit? If so they should have just kept it.

War Priest
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
So did the people who did get 7 before they changed it get to keep the unit? If so they should have just kept it.

Yeah, we got to keep it.

War Priest
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
I really don't see why people are complaining. You guys must have known this was going to happen. Right? Who didn't think it would change?

Selfproclaimed
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Ya, we kept it,lol. Just as the event started, I busted out the money. Spent 1300 trying to get to 10 quick . But only got to 8. Went to bed,woke up in middle of the night, got my 9th . And lots of sorries since.

War Priest
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Ya, we kept it,lol. Just as the event started, I busted out the money. Spent 1300 trying to get to 10 quick . But only got to 8. Went to bed,woke up in middle of the night, got my 9th . And lots of sorries since.

What! That's messed up. I set my alarm every hour last night and still never got 9.

Selfproclaimed
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Lmao. Yea man, I woke up like 5 hrs later. Did a quick open and got the 9th with cash . Then went back to bed. But ever since. Only got 2 opens so far , both valor. And lots of sorries. I better not get screwed.

Crime City Mark
07-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, this was a bug. We've fixed the bug, and we're deciding what to do going forward regarding this.

War Priest
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes, this was a bug. We've fixed the bug, and we're deciding what to do going forward regarding this.

Don't know what you mean about the last part. Those who won the heavy carrier, did they also get the bonus since it was an event item?

Harnj
07-31-2012, 05:53 PM
CCM, I think the 7th item prize should change back to heavy carrier. Not all people playing this game must had expected the change. If gree was to change the prize, they should have at least given us the time when they would change it (similar to limited edition items which they set the time limit for players to buy them).

Boom
07-31-2012, 05:57 PM
I'd rather have a leaderboard event than a pure luck event.

I honestly didnt think it was a mistake. I thought it was an incentive to get more people involved in the event. With the boss events giving out 15-30 decent indestructibles per event, a lot of people have stopped playing the crate events. A powerful 7th item is a good way to get everyone involved. Then once you are up to 7, may as well keep trying for 9 and 10.

I thought it was actually a really smart play by gree. Go figure. The one time I thought they had made a smart move, it turns out to have been a mistake! hahaThats what we (CC players) thought too... We were DEAD wrong. Trust me.

Speed ump
07-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Personaly the issue i had was the way whamo called everyone out, bring it on. If someone hands me a challenge in the game, im happy to accept. Then to go whine because i do? And did you guys miss what else my post said. Whamo used vulgar language posting to several guys. Thats what caught my attention, and thats why he will get his when he ventures in to upper levels. It sure seems strange that earlier on, i and my team were being lambasted for attacking weaker guys. It seems the rules change to suit the wishes of the poster. Ive attacked guys weaker than me( almost all) and ones stronger than me. I have at least five different games i play, all at different strengths. I attack stronger, weaker, and same. Each game may have different goals and stategies. It dosnt make one of them wrong or right. I just like to play and try different things, and its funny how in one game im mortal enemies with a guy, and another im good allies with them. In fact i am my own spy in some cases against my foes. I play this game on many levels. Its so funny when any think they can win. They dont understand that i won before the fighting began. Sometimes im not even sure who i am. I love to toy with myoponents. So the ones who think the game should be boring after a certain kevel, i say, its you wo are boring. Im a pretty creative guy, and i can invent my own games inside this game. Most are limited by their one dimensional thinking. Open your minds.

War Priest
07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Personaly the issue i had was the way whamo called everyone out, bring it on. If someone hands me a challenge in the game, im happy to accept. Then to go whine because i do? And did you guys miss what else my post said. Whamo used vulgar language posting to several guys. Thats what caught my attention, and thats why he will get his when he ventures in to upper levels. It sure seems strange that earlier on, i and my team were being lambasted for attacking weaker guys. It seems the rules change to suit the wishes of the poster. Ive attacked guys weaker than me( almost all) and ones stronger than me. I have at least five different games i play, all at different strengths. I attack stronger, weaker, and same. Each game may have different goals and stategies. It dosnt make one of them wrong or right. I just like to play and try different things, and its funny how in one game im mortal enemies with a guy, and another im good allies with them. In fact i am my own spy in some cases against my foes. I play this game on many levels. Its so funny when any think they can win. They dont understand that i won before the fighting began. Sometimes im not even sure who i am. I love to toy with myoponents. So the ones who think the game should be boring after a certain kevel, i say, its you wo are boring. Im a pretty creative guy, and i can invent my own games inside this game. Most are limited by their one dimensional thinking. Open your minds.

I think you mean to post in the other thread?

negotiator
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM

If you are talking about removing the item to those that received it I hope you will be returning the gold and cash as well.
Looks like the bug at least got some people to spend some gold and isn't that the idea in the first place?

War Priest
07-31-2012, 06:53 PM
$100 says it was a mistake not a bug. They just don't want to take the heat. :D

Speed ump
07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
I was in the other thread, I have not even been in this thread before, how strange.

Wambo
07-31-2012, 06:59 PM
I think you mean to post in the other thread?

Lol, this guy is obsessed... First thing Speed Ump, your upside down, you talk poo. Secondly go get a cuddle with your helpful crew. Is anyone really bothered what you think.
Anyway as we move on today, it was a shame the 7th unit got removed. Got 4 parts, though getting some sleep to get the extra 3 could have been done in the morning. Blast Gree, your really should put the D after your name... GREED...

Wambo
07-31-2012, 07:09 PM

I agree, obviously wasn't a bug. But I don't even think it was a mistake. Think about it, millions of people tried to spend gold so they could get the 7th quickly, then they pull the plug and call it a bug... It's all about the Gold the way they see it, and a way to manupilate your minds to squeeze even more. Wonder if the the false advertisement act would go in favor here? I'm still trying to log in, but it keeps rejecting me. Either that it won't because I originally downloaded the game from England or the Gree's pets the "Pirates" all cried so hard that they all contributed a shed load of gold to shut me down- haha. Either way I'm gonna go to the beach over the road from me after I've had my swim and gone to the gym. A message to Gree and your pets... "BOTHERED" not me lol...

Copenhagen
07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
I seriously cannot believe the way GREE handles events. No respect for free players. No respect for gold players. No respect for yourselves.

I had decided to stop playing crate events, because they are making me level up too fast. I got the pop up for this event and decided to play when I saw the powerful 7th item. I did a ton of PVE and some PVP and got up to 6 parts. And then you guys change the 7th item from 287/159 to 31/67. Seriously? If the original unit was a mistake, it should have been corrected immediately after the event went live, NOT 24 hrs in, NOT after people have spent an entire day putting energy, money, and time into this event. When your engineers make a mistake, they need to man up and take the fall for it, instead of just saying "oh well" and screwing over your customers.

Please pass this message along to whoever is responsible.

The only remedy I can see for this situation is to put the original unit back up.

I had the exact same perspective on this, MB. I thought it was a creative and intelligent move, but after checking the forum opinions decided to charge it to 7, fortunately.

elangomatt
07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Come on is anyone really surprised that they didn't allow this mistake to stay in the game? Of course nobody from Funzio will ever admit to the mistake, but it was a mistake. They aren't going to take back the item from the people who got it either since those are the only players that Funzio really cares about (big $$ gold players). They don't mind denying things for free or small gold players as long as their money bags don't get affected. (Yep, I'm still bitter about the IPH reward that was never given to all the players that deserved it)

Wambo
07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Come on is anyone really surprised that they didn't allow this mistake to stay in the game? Of course nobody from Funzio will ever admit to the mistake, but it was a mistake. They aren't going to take back the item from the people who got it either since those are the only players that Funzio really cares about (big $$ gold players). They don't mind denying things for free or small gold players as long as their money bags don't get affected. (Yep, I'm still bitter about the IPH reward that was never given to all the players that deserved it)

What IPH reward was this? When was the event?

albeezy
07-31-2012, 07:20 PM
If people were spending gold it should have been no problem getting to 7. I bought gol for the first time for this event ($40 or so) and went from 5 to 9 in 5 minutes using gold resets and gold opens (I get boxes stolen a lot). I would be surprised if people really spent gold and couldn't get to 7 not counting a little tap joy of course

Copenhagen
07-31-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm baffled that they would swap the unit. There is no downside to leaving it and stoking out the players. Might even prove to drive more interst/ spending in the event.

Why not turn a mistake into a win win, rather than a customer pissoff?

bigflan
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm baffled that they would swap the unit. There is no downside to leaving it and stoking out the players. Might even prove to drive more interst/ spending in the event.

Because its unfair to the lower level people

Hello Kitty
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM

Why not turn a mistake into a win win, rather than a customer pissoff?I was going to level up 5 (current level 76) and dump some gold to go for it...now they can't have my precious gold...well sooner rather than later.

albeezy
07-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Cope you seriously know too much about business. Send in an application and take over to fix this stuff! I used to own a business and totally agree with you. After all you will make free players happy which makes for less complaints here and a more positive vibe for the game. Gree should want people excited about the events not this love/hate relationship. I wish there were more tournament like the pvp event and the iph event (I have been working on my iph in hopes this happens). Everyone loved those events

elangomatt
07-31-2012, 07:37 PM

You could ask the same thing about why they were so strict about cutting off the reward investigations on the IPH event reward a couple months ago. I wasn't the only person that was well into the range that CCM said would get the item that never received the event reward. Not that I've been a big spender ever, but I've only spent about a tiny amount since the IPH event because of their decision to tell me to eff off trying to get the reward that I should have received.

What?
07-31-2012, 07:45 PM
They should have kept it and admitted it was a mistake after all we are human and make mistakes. But removing it now further exacerbates the issue with pissing off the free player/light gold base. I think it would be better than what is going on now. Only a few gold players got it and get to keep it and everyone else it out of luck. How many times has funzio/gree released the wrong units, spelling mistakes, and loot units before considering the effects, the ramifications, or have to completely remove units from the game. Players lucky enough to get units before they are reported or fixed get an advantage while most do not. I'm really getting tired of these missteps and not thoroughly inspecting new content causing an uproar that could easily be avoided.

Mad
07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Because its unfair to the lower level people

Exactly, the lower levels got a normal unit. But whoever got to seven before it was changed should get to keep the unit and I expect they will.

bigflan
07-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Exactly, the lower levels got a normal unit. But whoever got to seven before it was changed should get to keep the unit and I expect they will.Thank you

Our only has 11/70 stats and you guys get a final prize UNFAIR unless we get Teh same opportunity

Mad
07-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Thank you

Our only has 11/70 stats and you guys get a final prize UNFAIR unless we get Teh same opportunity

At my level it is 10/39!

Jhoemel
07-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you

But your boss is weaker

bigflan
07-31-2012, 08:06 PM
But your boss is weakerIt still does not make a diffrence man that item should not be available

Jhoemel
07-31-2012, 08:11 PM
It still does not make a diffrence man that item should not be available

well only guys who spent gold got it

War Priest
07-31-2012, 08:16 PM
By the title, you are implying that we are the dogs and they are the masters. I say we are the masters and they the dogs since we but bread on their table...

bigflan
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
By the title, you are implying that we are the dogs and they are the masters. I say we are the masters and they the dogs since we but bread on their table...Yeah exactly if I ran the game it would be the best

Led
07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I just noticed they changed the 7th prize!!! I'm a little late to the party I guess...

Corsair
07-31-2012, 08:30 PM
They should have kept it and admitted it was a mistake after all we are human and make mistakes. But removing it now further exacerbates the issue with pissing off the free player/light gold base. I think it would be better than what is going on now. Only a few gold players got it and get to keep it and everyone else it out of luck. How many times has funzio/gree released the wrong units, spelling mistakes, and loot units before considering the effects, the ramifications, or have to completely remove units from the game. Players lucky enough to get units before they are reported or fixed get an advantage while most do not. I'm really getting tired of these missteps and not thoroughly inspecting new content causing an uproar that could easily be avoided.One of the reasons I said I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it is what you said, it's an unfair advantage, essentially taking advantage of a bug, especially because the item has a bonus associated.

I don't think they should have kept it, but I agree 100% the almost total lack of QA/testing is getting really old. I have written and trained people to write specs/tests for much more complicated stuff. This is what happens when sales and marketing drive a company instead of operations and support. And as usual customers are the ones who ultimately get screwed. Hope Gree doesn't run any nuclear reactors over in Japan...

albeezy
07-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Here's a deal that would make everyone happ. Leave the prize in at number 7 for the levels it was on 81+ I believe. If that doesn't pacify the masses then the llps can get it too BUT the 81+ level guys are given the same bosses as the llps are getting. After all it is only fair that I play a level 28 super camper boss even though I am level 147.

Once again I am sooooo glad I don't have ccmarks job. He is f'd no matter what someone complains.

FromAfar
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
my 7th prize is pretty interesting looking, high defense, but nothing like what you guys are seeing. i never saw a real strong 7th at any point.

that being said, re one of the original points.

i have been beating the snot out of other player, and the missions, and i'll be danged if i can even get my hands on a crate.

well, actually, to be correct, i probably expended 200-300 shots, on pvp.
and, pvE, maybe i dont recall, but basically using up everything when i am strong enough.

in the pad, i acquired 2... TWO CRATES, with 0 opens.
on the pod, well, maybe 9. but with a fair open success/engine rate.

and yep, the idea, for greeD is to get us leveling.

that being said, i'd like the prizes, especially my 7... and of course, the FLAN-WONT-WIN-IT 10th. :)

Boom
07-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Wait did people who got it before the fix get to keep it? Lol Im still confused

albeezy
07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes we get to keep it boom at least as far we know

Wambo
07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes we get to keep it boom at least as far we know

The more you tell people, will create more of a moan, then action will be made against your 7th maybe because of all the complaints. If I was you guys I would keep quiet or at least inbox each other.

albeezy
07-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Taking my 7th would imply I get my gold back, ironically the only gold I have bought. I keep the 10th unit get back my gold sounds okay to me if everyone would not complain for an hour about something.

Buggs1a
07-31-2012, 10:58 PM

I'll get my Flame Thrower out of my gun safe! I will then turn it in high! I will then say, you want a war, we can get to war! :):):)

Q Raider
07-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I was another who thought that they had decided to try a different concept to one mentioned here a while ago where a boost grew progressivley throughout the event as you collected more of the items.

Stats did seem high, however taking a line through some of the "offerings" in KA (leaderboard mega stat offers) I just figured they were seeing what would happen....

After CCM's post obviously this was not the case....

Mistake, error, glitch, whatever it was, it certainly got people moving.....

As for removing the item retrospectively, it is a possibility however the only way I could see them achieving this and not have their integrity called into question would be that they refund ALL gold spent at all levels during the period of time the event commenced until they amended the list to the (for my level) "Pegasus Carrier". DOing this would allow then to state there was an in game error, now corrected. Whilst people would not necessarily be happy, they cannot state they have been misled financially due to the "error".

albeezy
07-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I'll get my Flame Thrower out of my gun safe! I will then turn it in high! I will then say, you want a war, we can get to war! :):):)
Lol. Everyone should own a flamethrower

MadManDK
07-31-2012, 11:40 PM
I used gold to get to 6 and then knew I would get number 7, but they changed the unit few minutes before I had the time to get number 7. Finally got to seven 9 hours ago, but "only" got the new unit.

This is like paying for lottery tickets with a big shining prize, just to find the prize changed when you finally win (which I'm sure is not legal). I've sent a ticket to support, as I expect as a minimum to get my gold back.

And to all of those writing in the forum that we should have expected this, especially those who got the unit, pipe down, as most of you have complained about way more random stuff like drop rates of rares.

Selfproclaimed
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
I just wanna state madman... Your avatar creeps me out,lol

MadManDK
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi selfproclaimed, sorry about that (I think) maybe I should pull a Miner and get a new one ;-)

Jhoemel
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM
I used gold to get to 6 and then knew I would get number 7, but they changed the unit few minutes before I had the time to get number 7. Finally got to seven 9 hours ago, but "only" got the new unit.

This is like paying for lottery tickets with a big shining prize, just to find the prize changed when you finally win (which I'm sure is not legal). I've sent a ticket to support, as I expect as a minimum to get my gold back.

And to all of those writing in the forum that we should have expected this, especially those who got the unit, pipe down, as most of you have complained about way more random stuff like drop rates of rares.

i totally agree with you madman. I was totally looking forward for that prize then they will change it suddenly. Even if I didnt spend gold I was pretty close. I have 6 when they took it down

Jhoemel
07-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi selfproclaimed, sorry about that (I think) maybe I should pull a Miner and get a new one ;-)

Ill definitely participate as long as there's an itunes card prize :)

Selfproclaimed
07-31-2012, 11:52 PM
U don't have to change it,its what makes you. . It's just creepy,lol. Mimes,clowns and anything that looks like one just creeps me out.

Mcdoc
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
U don't have to change it,its what makes you. . It's just creepy,lol. Mimes,clowns and anything that looks like one just creeps me out.Yet a dude wearing a gas mask with flames shooting out the eyes is not creepy at all - LoLoLoLoL

PS - thread is now Hijacked :)

JMC
08-01-2012, 12:47 AM
It was an obvious mistake. If you reached 7 before it was corrected and they actually took your unit away then gave you a different one, that would be something to complain about.

I just see it as a bonus i would have got, had i reached 7 parts on the first day. Sucks that i didn't make it, but i'm not going to complain because they changed the unit to what it should have been all along.

manbeast
08-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Everyone saying I should have known it was a mistake-
how could I have known?? You didn't KNOW. You were just guessing, and you happened to be right. Didn't you read my reasoning? I honestly thought it was a great move on their part. I recognized the picture of the unit, but I had never heard of the "heavy carrier" and the stats did not match up to my fortune carrier, so I figured it was a new unit and I went after it for a good 24 hrs, and they changed it 2 hrs after I got my 6th part.

I'm glad the case is still open and I hope they do something to rectify the situation.

JMC
08-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Couldn't have known 100% but it was obviously out of the ordinary. Nothings 100%, but the possibility of that being a mistake was at least in the high 90s.

If it were intentional, why would 7 be way more powerful than 9?

If they wanted to do something like, people who are lucky enough or spend enough gold get much more powerful units on the first day only, surely 9 would of been changed as well.

manbeast
08-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Couldn't have known 100% but it was obviously out of the ordinary. Nothings 100%, but the possibility of that being a mistake was at least in the high 90s.

If it were intentional, why would 7 be way more powerful than 9?

If they wanted to do something like, people who are lucky enough or spend enough gold get much more powerful units on the first day only, surely 9 would of been changed as well.

I agree, it would be a cool idea to start the event with more powerful units and a TIMER, when the timer runs out (first 24 hrs or w/e), the powerful units are replaced with weaker ones. That was not the case here though.

And as for the 7th being more powerful than the 9th... the "new" 7th unit is 31/67=98 and the 9th is 55/42=97. The 7th is still more powerful and more lopsided. I see the 9th item as a bonus. The first couple crate events didn't have a reward for the 9th item right??

Anyways, I thought it was a whole new strategy they were using so the usual rules wouldn't apply

JMC
08-01-2012, 02:01 AM
I agree, it would be a cool idea to start the event with more powerful units and a TIMER, when the timer runs out (first 24 hrs or w/e), the powerful units are replaced with weaker ones. That was not the case here though.

And as for the 7th being more powerful than the 9th... the "new" 7th unit is 31/67=98 and the 9th is 55/42=97. The 7th is still more powerful and more lopsided. I see the 9th item as a bonus. The first couple crate events didn't have a reward for the 9th item right??

Anyways, I thought it was a whole new strategy they were using so the usual rules wouldn't apply

Yeah i don't know why they always make the 9th unit crap. 400 total stat or whatever the heavy carrier was, vs 97 is far too big a difference though lol.

Buggs1a
08-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Lol. Everyone should own a flamethrower

Lol, oh my gosh I laughed hard lol.

Big John
08-01-2012, 02:26 AM
This is a massive mistake but they have benefitted out of it which is wrong. It's ok saying we know it's going to get fixed but they took hours to fix it.

Once the event had started then the item should have remained.

Aidan
08-01-2012, 03:16 AM
So basically my 7th unit is a much much weaker unit than those that got 7 before they nerfed it. Not sure why my gold and my cash worth less than those that hv the carrier. Hmmmm, very fair indeed.

Jhoemel
08-01-2012, 03:22 AM
This is a massive mistake but they have benefitted out of it which is wrong. It's ok saying we know it's going to get fixed but they took hours to fix it.

Once the event had started then the item should have remained.

I totally agree in your last sentence man. They started with that unit so they should finish with that.

Miner
08-01-2012, 04:40 AM
OK, it was obviously a mistake. Even if they were trying to generate interest by dangling a bigger carrot out there, it would have been on the 9th, not the 7th. Stupid to intentionally have a weaker unit as an incentive to go from 7 to 9. Having said that, making a 2nd mistake does not fix the first. I'm not surprised at all that they changed it, but I still disagree with their decision to do so. The damage done to their loyal customer base (you guys) is much worse then if it would have been left alone. Yes, it's unfair to low level players who didn't have the carrier as a 7th item. But that was manageable. CCM hopping on and saying, "hey lower levels, we're really sorry. That was a stupid mistake" would have probably been all that was necessary. Now they have most people at all levels upset and their apology (that will probably never come) is much more difficult.

albeezy
08-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Can you say pvp tourney nation v nation in honor of Olympics to make up for it?

Poopenshire
08-01-2012, 05:30 AM
I can say 10,000 gold to make up for it, and not its out of the realm of possible to expect something like that. It is wholy possible and even predictable now with boss loot being in the >800 range for a single stat and level completions loot for bosses being just below that level. # 7 is a physcological number in the game to 10, love it or hate, it is possible. I love seeing naysayers, when ever they are right all the world is wrong forever.

el_gringo
08-01-2012, 05:40 AM

That wouldn't be a cool idea for anyone in a non-american time zone.

Khimsoo
08-01-2012, 06:04 AM
That wouldn't be a cool idea for anyone in a non-american time zone.

Yes, It would be a disadvantage to non American players like me. :( my boss caught me playing game in a meeting.

Tctiger
08-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Put gree in the Olympics they will get us a load of golds !

Jhoemel
08-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Yes, It would be a disadvantage to non American players like me. :( my boss caught me playing game in a meeting.

you have guts man, playing while in a meeting :)

Jhoemel
08-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Put gree in the Olympics they will get us a load of golds !

yeah they will win every event and get the gold :)

Hassleham
08-01-2012, 07:09 AM

If you got fired you could always go and work for gree and sort out all the stupid issues with this game :D

Ryans67
08-01-2012, 07:27 AM
I bet we don't hear another word.... They leave the unit for those that won it early, and respond to all of the support e-mails stating it was a mistake, sorry, and refunding a bit of gold if you actually spent some.

Tctiger
08-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Maybe there was a power cut and they did the event in the dark :)

bigflan
08-01-2012, 10:56 AM
You guys do realize the heavy carrier was the final prize for the 11th box event for the 51-80 division so I think it's good they removed it

War Priest
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
This is no different than finding a mislabeled item at a store. If it's labeled $1 instead of $100, they sell it to you for $1, but as soon as they change it, you have to pay the $100.

Many of us knew, some of you some how didn't know I guess. Lesson learned: Act fast or miss out.

Next time they make a boo boo, you have to move on it right then, not later.

JMC
08-01-2012, 11:31 AM
This is no different than finding a mislabeled item at a store. If it's labeled $1 instead of $100, they sell it to you for $1, but as soon as they change it, you have to pay the $100.

Many of us knew, some of you some how didn't know I guess. Lesson learned: Act fast or miss out.

Next time they make a boo boo, you have to move on it right then, not later.

Yeah they make mistakes like this all the time. Some of them mess with us and some of them help us. If it is beneficial to us, they will fix it quickly. If you manage to take advantage of it before it is fixed than you get to keep what you have gotten. If you didn't manage to take advantage of it, too bad for you.

This can be compared to any of the positive mistakes they made in the past. One example is the Fighting Irish and the IRA fighter. Unit had stats far too high for something costing only 50 gold i think it was. Got fixed after a day or so, but everyone that took advantage of it got to keep what they bought.

Another example is the strong loot like wavebreakers, siege tanks and riptide runners in the wrong spots. People who found these spots and took advantage of them quickly were able to get a nice amount of powerful loot. If you didn't take advantage of it, too bad for you, you have to kill bosses for those loot now.

Going off what you guys are insisting should of been done about this situation, you also think the best solution would have been to leave Boss loots in 3-hit locations and to leave a gold unit 4x underpriced for the whole limited edition period.

Sure they make mistakes all the time and don't handle some things too well, but this mistake was similar to many other mistakes and they handled it in the same way as they always do. Which i also think is a fair way to handle these sorts of problems. This was to be expected. Not saying they are always right, but you guys seem to make huge issues out of everything they do.

manbeast
08-01-2012, 12:38 PM
This mistake was different than the ones you are talking about JMC. Its an event. You choose to play or not to play when it starts and you look at the units and bonus. A big 7th unit made everyone start playing. Then after a day of playing they nerf the prizes and we are all just bag holders.

manbeast
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Lesson learned: Gree has no integrity and will screw over their customers at every opportunity.

fixed it for you:p

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
fixed it for you:p

They are Japanese. You should know how they are. :D

bigflan
Manbeast stop complaining it was a mistake and it was fixed like it should be and was unfair if kept for lower levels

bigflan
They are Japanese. You should know how they are. :DActually

Teh company is Japanese but the product managers and designers are American

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
This mistake was different than the ones you are talking about JMC. Its an event. You choose to play or not to play when it starts and you look at the units and bonus. A big 7th unit made everyone start playing. Then after a day of playing they nerf the prizes and we are all just bag holders.

I understand your stand point when you say it like this, but understand this:

Almost everybody gets to 7 very easily in an event. Having a number 10 as a number 7 and letting almost all players have it doesn't allow for a bonus really. Think of those players who won that unit on the regular event, especially if they spent gold. Now if a lot of people easily won it at item 7, would piss them off greatly.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Actually

Teh company is Japanese but the product managers and designers are American

Yeah, but you look the company for the mistakes they make. Not the workers.

bigflan
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah, but you look the company for the mistakes they make. Not the workers.But the workers made the mistake so your response is invalid

Miner
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
But the workers made the mistake so your response is invalid

But the company hired the workers... Sooooo, +1 point WP.

War Priest
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
But the workers made the mistake so your response is invalid

Your invalid because your still on here and don't play. You look at a company by the name, not the workers. The workers always make mistakes and your thoughts are like "wow, GREE let's them get away with a lot of sh*t when they should be firing people." So the company gets the bad rep, not the workers.

bigflan
08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Your invalid because your still on here and don't play. You look at a company by the name, not the workers. The workers always make mistakes and your thoughts are like "wow, GREE let's them get away with a lot of sh*t when they should be firing people." So the company gets the bad rep, not the workers.Huh oh well but gree makes bad games and they buy this game and make blatant mistakes

If we ran the game it would be amazing

Ryans67
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Huh oh well but gree makes bad games and they buy this game and make blatant mistakes

If we ran the game it would be amazing

If you ran the game, the game would cease to exist. We're all waiting for Darwin to catch up with you......

Q Raider
08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Obviously some changes afoot with the rival list as all the level 90 players in open territory now have numbers against their names as well.

Now have they also herded the bonus on this seventh item in the current event?

Reason I ask is that I have two of these items with the same bonus. As a test, hit a player who was giving around 350bp a go expecting to see close to 390 and got 315 instead. That indicates they may have nerfed the bonus on the current item AND in the process taken it away from the other event top prize as well.

Ferr
08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Mistakes are bound to happen, no need to attack devs for that. In rectifying mistakes one should be generous to all who have been in a similar situation. Suggestion to devs:wait until event is over and then award all players who have the seventh unit with the heavy carrier. Easy, painless and goodwill creating solution i would say.

siL
08-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Obviously some changes afoot with the rival list as all the level 90 players in open territory now have numbers against their names as well.

Now have they also herded the bonus on this seventh item in the current event?

Reason I ask is that I have two of these items with the same bonus. As a test, hit a player who was giving around 350bp a go expecting to see close to 390 and got 315 instead. That indicates they may have nerfed the bonus on the current item AND in the process taken it away from the other event top prize as well.

I have the bonus from the 11th event, and its still working for me Q...only for PvP though...so if I raid people and get 50 BPs, if I attack them, I will get 55...

Kiss Of Death
08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Mistakes are bound to happen, no need to attack devs for that. In rectifying mistakes one should be generous to all who have been in a similar situation. Suggestion to devs:wait until event is over and then award all players who have the seventh unit with the heavy carrier. Easy, painless and goodwill creating solution i would say.

One sentence....

Camouflaged/Assault Bear.... what 12 events ago now?

Ferr
08-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Good point kod. The amount of mistakes is building up rapidly......

Poopenshire
08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I guess no one figured out Gree(d) already threw everyone a bone, you just didn't realize where they stuck it.

War Priest
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I guess no one figured out Gree(d) already threw everyone a bone, you just didn't realize where they stuck it.

I have realized it. :D

*Heavy Carrier
*Free 30M expansion
*Free gold

Yep, I am thankful... (sometimes)

albeezy
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
*Free gold

What's this all about?

War Priest
08-02-2012, 11:13 AM
What's this all about?