PDA

View Full Version : Did you anticipate buying gold

99Problems
07-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I hear load of player using the forum have been playing for over 6 months and the majority of forum members like to buy a bit/alot of gold too.

When I started playing the game I too had promised never to buy in game currency but I am told by others investing in gold to buy gold building is the most economical way forward.

So my question is how many forum user, when they initially downloaded the game promised to never spend any money buying gold but did & what was the reason why you made your first gold purchase.

People who have never purchased gold please ignore this thread.

Ghost818
07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
I hear load of player using the forum have been playing for over 6 months and the majority of forum members like to buy a bit/alot of gold too.

When I started playing the game I too had promised never to buy in game currency but I am told by others investing in gold to buy gold building is the most economical way forward.

So my question is how many forum user, when they initially downloaded the game promised to never spend any money buying gold but did & what was the reason why you made your first gold purchase.

People who have never purchased gold please ignore this thread.

Here is my story:

I swore to never spend any money on any app ever...the ironic thing is I had well over $800 of iTunes Gift cards laying around that I never used and had received as gifts for birthdays and other holidays.

Tapjoy came out, I eventually reached over 300 gold for free and got my gentlemen clubs. I saw what a boost they gave my economy but still didn't spend any money. Shortly after the very first crates were introduced and I gave in and spent a lot on them, but again I swore after the gift cards were done I wouldn't spend any real money from my pocket. I had some gold left after my plentiful crate purchases so I used some up on the very first event to get the Diamond Sig. Luckily back then resets and gold opens were only 10G, and I only used 60G and got 3 of the 10 remaining items I needed to get the Diamond Sig. Eventually more crates came out with more promising rares AGAIN I gave in and eventually it was at the point where I had made it a goal to have 1 of each Rare from every Crate release. That soon ended when I didn't get the Prototype Suit. I spent another couple hundred again and saved 1000G for my palm hotels and that was it of my Gold spending spree.

PS. I like to gamble and my luck isn't too bad either thus I easily gave in to the crates.

99Problems
07-30-2012, 11:37 PM
That's a cool story, just to get 1 each of every rare crate item made you buy gold, so it was nothing to do with economy or a gain in stats.

So in truth would I be right in saying if crate never were invented you still be on zero real cash spent.
I myself would say even a common item at 60 gold is worth getting with a chance it could be uncommon or rare.

Them scratch card are a good gamble too.

Paulio
07-30-2012, 11:42 PM
I played this game from Oct - late November as a free player. I was level 50-ish and my stats sucked. I tried uninstalling the game so I could get a fresh start. After reinstalling the game, I fired it up, and to my dismay, saw the same crappy hood and weak stats.

I decided to Google "Crime City Strategies/Guides" but found nothing. I had never played a game like this and thought it was just stupid to not tell users how to play it, lol. One day, I clicked on the in-game help menu and found the link to the forum. This was late Nov/early Dec and I was amazed at the high level, intelligent discussions that people were having over a game. I lurked for a few months and took everything in and noticed a big change in my game.

I mention the forums, because it was here that I learned of how many people spent real money on this game. I still thought it was kind of stupid to do that. But then the crates and events came out and everyone was going ape sh^t over them. I caught the fever and started with a bag of gold, which turned into a stash, which turned into a stockpile, which turned into a bank truck, which turned into many many vaults. Now, I'm a full-fledged addict.

The short answer to your question: it's all the forum's fault :)

Nudie
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm cheap. I only bought one vault of gold for $79.99 when it was on sale and used it to get my gentlemens clubs and diamond sig. Blew the rest of the gold trying to get the emerald burner unsuccessfully. Was tempted to buy gold when the palm hotels opened up but didn't. Never bough any crates, never even tempted. Right now I would not consider buying any gold for real money ever. Main reason for this is the blatant amount of hacking and cheating which is going on unchecked. The change of the event format into pure money driven affairs with free players given zero chance of getting end items has also made me extremely unhappy with the game hence gold purchases - nevermore. :p

Second Comming
07-31-2012, 02:12 AM
I spent enough to get the gold buildings i wanted, 2 vaults on vehicles, and 2 vaults on initial crates when cheap.

Those purchases gave me the edge I wanted and I promised myself I wouldnt buy gold again - that was 5-6months ago and nothings made me change my mind. If I am
To purchase gold again gree need to sort their game out, fix glitches, add new regular content that doesnt always involve spending gold, and pretty much listen to their community (why fund a company that doesnt appreciate its player/fanbase) but that is just my opinion.

Babytway
07-31-2012, 08:59 AM
i'm a free player but i buy gold time to time i mostly brought gold just to get the income buildings and the bodyguard agencies. i did buy gold to buy the first set of crates when they came out then the second day was going to buy more but i seen they jacked the price up so that ended my crate buying days.

but then you also have secret gold buyers...meaning people who claim they never buy gold or people who claim they never spend gold on events buy they do and boost they got event prize gold free. those people annoy me.

GazLegend
07-31-2012, 09:12 AM
i'm a free player but i buy gold time to time i mostly brought gold just to get the income buildings and the bodyguard agencies. i did buy gold to buy the first set of crates when they came out then the second day was going to buy more but i seen they jacked the price up so that ended my crate buying days.

but then you also have secret gold buyers...meaning people who claim they never buy gold or people who claim they never spend gold on events buy they do and boost they got event prize gold free. those people annoy me.

Ahhh the old "I'm just lucky getting the tenth item in the last 5 events using cash only" bull****
Or, "yeah I got in the top 250 using cash"

Babytway
07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
yah that's exactly what im talking about, now it is possible don't get me wrong, i have some end items with cash only, only because im so addicted(or so pathetic) and wake up every hour just to open a box during an event. if i used gold to get the end items it wouldn't be none of the ones i have for sure, would have definitely got burner, dice, and bank buster. but some people i call the BS flag on.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-31-2012, 09:33 AM
So I played for almost 6 months w zero gold bought.

At the time I still thought this was a game not a gambling application utilizing random number generation.
As such I ridiculed people who were gold spenders as weak blah blah blah. Then I got into a major battle w a big gold spender named Sean. After finally coming to a truce he came back to me a week or two later to inform me he was going to start a new group called Cold Mafia.

I thought the idea was stupid. But he was persistent as my stats were very strong for a cash player. So I decided to join up and together we built it into the biggest thing in crime city, eventually merging with Karma to form CK.

Along the way my soul was corrupted as I am already a degenerate gambler, so once I figured out that this was not a game but rather gambling, I decided to do just that. I went full force into a major gold spender. Quite a change from where I began for sure.

Dipstik
07-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Won't happen... ever. This game offers me nothing that is worth even a dollar of real money. I play the game because I enjoy playing the game, and if I thought my "time" was worth more than the money it would cost to "save" that time, I'd just save all my time and quit. I have no reason to compete against gold spenders because as long as I play for free they're playing an entirely different game than me. I could spend enough to be unbeatable by 95% of the game, and all I would get for my trouble is the attention of the other 5%. Yeah screw that. Totally free play is the way to go.

TRAZ
07-31-2012, 09:48 AM

I've always bought in-game gold/currency on the games I play. For this game I bought gold specifically for a few gold buildings I wanted. Then, crates were fun to buy and non-consumable explosives struck my fancy. I then bought gold whenever I wanted to purchase items I get for the least amount of gold spent. Never did it to increase my stats, just a by-product that happens when you purchase gold items. With the events of late, I've severely dropped my gold purchases even with sales. Not worth the amount of gold spent for item received.

Fake
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
I bought a reasonable amount of gold, invested in money buildings, several defense buildings, weapons and a lot in the events (old style). I don't regreat, I really enjoyed this game. However, the last time I spent money was before the prior event, when I started to slow down and spent just a little. I'm so pissed with the quantity of cheaters and the greed that runs this game (F/G), inflation of prices, nasty events and no action in relation to all problems and complaints from our side... I'm still have more than 500 bars, spending around 1~5 to synch some building's upgrade, none for this event, crates, etc.

Max Power
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Vowed not too, saw what the BGAs allegedly offered, broke down, broke down again for Anchor Imports, fast forward 9 months, I have stopped breaking down now.

Boom
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
There once was a young boy in the small town of BoomTown. He was fast. Strong. But short. He could kill a shark with this head. He could eat a bears face with one bite. Then one day he found gold in a chest. He was very happy. But he later found out some company named "Funzio" owned that chest but lost it. So the owners took it away to their office. Da boy followed them. He saw that they had many chests that has a tag that says $99.99. (wow 3 "thats") So he bought one. Daaaaaa end

kykboxr
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I was, like many, a free player. At the time I was getting accustomed to the game. Saw some cool items (ie crates) and got into them. Then there were the buildings and other miscellaneous items that required gold. Bought three vaults and have used 1.5 of them. Was ready to splurge the rest until the scratchers came out and then the bevy of cheaters. Will not spend any more cash until this is resolved. I like the game, as it's really my own world of building an empire, but the fun is being sucked out everyday due to this. I do hope that it gets resolved and I can start to enjoy the game once again.

99Problems
07-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Shouldn't we buy gold to show support to gree as they are & do get rid of the glitchers and hackers.

I think with such large amount of active players it very hard to near impossible for a cheater to stay undetected as we have also found out cheaters hood don't get deleted just frozen, so people assuming cheaters are still playing the game after being reported are wrong.

I did refrain from buying cash too, I wait till a sale starts and give the gold purchase a try.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
I could spend enough to be unbeatable by 95% of the game, and all I would get for my trouble is the attention of the other 5%. Yeah screw that.

That may be the most insightful thing I've read on the forum

OP I would heed this wisdom.

99Problems
07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
OP I would heed this wisdom.

You made me aware to a good and valid point(thanks DSip), that why this is a game don't make it too personal I should be ok plus I'm not planning to become the greatest, I already am in my own fake world.

So you tell me what should I do keep to minimum or play the way I find suit me?

jobadass
07-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Spent a little ($120 US) and don't regret it, but won't spend another dime. Lesson learned.

ChipChipperson
08-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm a free player, only use tapjoy for gold. I find it fun to be better than 99% of other free players and most of the gold spenders at my level. Sure, I could spend a few hundred and be better than everyone at my level, but where's the challenge in that?

Hacksaw Paul
08-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Small time gold buyer, maily for gold buildings and event progress, which incidentally has never help me get to the last item (old style events). Not spending a penny on the new style events.
I now have all the gold buildings I want so more gold purchases will be unlikely.

BossMan100
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Never have, promised I never will but after playing for a while you get tempted to do so. Hate it when I see rivals with large stats - just makes me want to purchase some gold and buy equipment to bring up my own stats the faster way.

koralene
08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I always spend money on entertainment and gaming. I started spending heavily on gold when the first crates came out and have spent a fortune since then. I never expected to spend as much money as i have spent on CC but i do enjoy cc and will continue to spend until i quit.

Dipstik
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I always spend money on entertainment and gaming. I started spending heavily on gold when the first crates came out and have spent a fortune since then. I never expected to spend as much money as i have spent on CC but i do enjoy cc and will continue to spend until i quit.

... Again.

<3 Hz
08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I've spent maybe around $400-$500 worth from itunes gift cards that I either won or were given to me as presents. Out of pocket, I've spent $0. Most of the gold I used was to buy some buildings.

Buying gold doesn't really get you to be a heavy hitter stats wise until you spend over $100,000. If I'm going to spend $100,000 on anything, it would be something like a Porsche, not game stats.

The Billionaire
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
When I downloaded CC and saw you could spend £69.99 on gold bars I thought to myself what kind of idiot would spend that amount of real money on a mobile game. Anyway 4 hoods and about 30 vaults worth of gold later I feel like one of the biggest idiots on the planet. Well done Funzio you've created one hell of a game and no doubt it has made some people extremely rich. Because of my investment I think I will continue to play CC forever.

With that said my spending has changed recently because I'm on a gold strike at the moment. The greed of the company, the lack of new content and all the issues with the game has seriously changed my spending. I've gone from buying 3 vaults of gold a month to buying a bank truck of gold a month and that's only because I wanted to buy rock cafes and PT's. I have no interest in spending money on a game that is at the bottom of the company's agenda. Who's the idiot now Funzio? If you hadnt neglected CC so much I'd still be buying at least 3 vaults worth of gold a month if not more.

I may have won this battle but unfortunately Funzio have already won the war.