PDA

View Full Version : Off topic: Computer gadget ?

Swearengen
07-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Not a computer gadget guy, so thought maybe you folks might have suggestions. I want tablet or little notebook to use 99% for travel basics – email, surfing, maybe video conferencing, and excel/word use. That is pretty much all of it. Don’t need a $500+ iPad, something simple. Suggestions or smart azz comments?

fuzzy
07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Fire........

TRAZ
07-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Refurbished ipads are less than $200. I used to have a Galaxy Tab and hated it due to have to restoring it all the time. Would crash constantly. It's the reason I got an ipad to begin with.

I use OnLive Desktop App for the excel/word use on the ipad. Free in the app store.

I travel everywhere with it...even to the bathroom. My husband is always laughing at me when I do. I then say "Don't you have a magazine rack in yours?"

TruthHurts
07-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Refurbished ipads are less than $200. I used to have a Galaxy Tab and hated it due to have to restoring it all the time. Would crash constantly. It's the reason I got an ipad to begin with.

I use OnLive Desktop App for the excel/word use on the ipad. Free in the app store.

I travel everywhere with it...even to the bathroom. My husband is always laughing at me when I do. I then say "Don't you have a magazine rack in yours?"

"I'm sorry, but this iPad has been red flagged, it's been in the bathroom" ~ Seinfeld.

OP: kindle fire is nice, not as smooth as iPad but does the trick and you can't beat the price! That said, Amazon I want my money for pitching our product!

Swearengen
07-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Traz - does it run flash? I don't know but I hear MAC's don't do flash and lots of net stuff is made with flash...

Swearengen
07-30-2012, 05:29 PM
"I'm sorry, but this iPad has been red flagged, it's been in the bathroom" ~ Seinfeld.

Funny - potty book or potty iPad :)