PDA

View Full Version : Income Per Hour not changing

Gaming Will
07-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Until upgrade is complete? I upgraded my NC to level 2 yesterday, but my income per hour didn't change? Anyone else see this happening?

enahs1
07-30-2012, 06:33 AM
What? That's a major glitch. I haven't come across that. You should email support

jmeijer
07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
And when you start a new upgrade? Maybe, the additional 64k is already added to your income/hr. If both don't work, just send a ticket to support.

mxz
07-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Mine have been updating immediately upon starting the upgrade.

jmeijer
07-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Mine have been updating immediately upon starting the upgrade.It depends on the upgrade you do. When I build a money building, then my income/hr changes immediately. When I upgrade a building, it changes. Sometimes it adds up directly, sometimes it will after it's completed.

Gaming Will
07-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Only 48 more hours until upgrade is complete. Hopefully it changes then. I was just bummed after saving $66.8 mil (no banking) For the upgrade, I would have liked to see the increase in my income.

mxz
07-30-2012, 07:02 AM
It depends on the upgrade you do. When I build a money building, then my income/hr changes immediately. When I upgrade a building, it changes. Sometimes it adds up directly, sometimes it will after it's completed.Last couple days I started construction on first NC and upgraded MT from 4 to 5...both showed immediately.

iteachem
07-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Last couple days I started construction on first NC and upgraded MT from 4 to 5...both showed immediately.

I have seen both as well. I have a level 2 almost done and will update my changes when it complete. I started a Condo yesterday and go the immediate change in income.

Giedrius
07-30-2012, 07:13 AM
I thought it is common knowledge :

* Build iph increase straight away.
* Upgrade iph increase after finished.

It's always been that way.

Gaming Will
07-30-2012, 07:19 AM

I must not have paid close enough attention before. Thanks for the input fellas.

iteachem
07-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I must not have paid close enough attention before. Thanks for the input fellas.

Count me in as not paying attention... I didn't start noticing it until I built my first NC...

iteachem
07-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Level 2 finished and the income was added...nice to see the 60+K IPH jump

Gaming Will
07-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Level 2 finished and the income was added...nice to see the 60+K IPH jumpAwesome, thanks for the update.

Second Comming
07-30-2012, 09:36 AM

This.

I managed to sneak into the top500 in the econ event by starting a office bulidings off 2hours before the event finished.

Steve0
07-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Count me in on level 2 NC should be done in less than 24 hours, congrats to will and iteachem. Now its leveling 2nd rock to level 2 and then my other NC to level 2

iteachem
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Count me in on level 2 NC should be done in less than 24 hours, congrats to will and iteachem. Now its leveling 2nd rock to level 2 and then my other NC to level 2

Nice... I am considering what upgrades to do while I save for my NC number two... Thanks to that huge rob today I have 13 million already and am thinking of saving everything for 2nd NC and waiting on upgrading my pirates or my rock cafe...

kykboxr
07-30-2012, 12:37 PM

That's what I see.

Dreno33
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Until upgrade is complete? I upgraded my NC to level 2 yesterday, but my income per hour didn't change? Anyone else see this happening?

ugh yeah? its always been until upgrade is complete. when you start construction it instantly changes. For upgrades, it changes after completion.

sez
07-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Same here .......

mxz
07-30-2012, 01:08 PM
If thats always the case I got a weird data point yesterday. On Saturday afternoon my IPH was $167,129. On Sunday I woke up and my IPH was $167,954. The only change was I had apparently decided to bump one of my MT's from 5 to 6 after a few drinks. Since every non-defense upgrade is over 24 hours I know nothing else could have been upgraded and a NC has been in construction since Friday so I couldn't have added anything.

Full IPH gain would have been $1,989, instead of the $825 realized.

I just tried looking for significance in any of this and nothing sticks out to me. The $825 is 41.47% of the full IPH gain, 1.61% of previous (total) output, 1.10% new output, 3.46% the output delta, 19.35% previous building IPH, and 13.2% new building IPH.

Any thoughts or other experiments?

Dreno33
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
If thats always the case I got a weird data point yesterday. On Saturday afternoon my IPH was $167,129. On Sunday I woke up and my IPH was $167,954. The only change was I had apparently decided to bump one of my MT's from 5 to 6 after a few drinks. Since every non-defense upgrade is over 24 hours I know nothing else could have been upgraded and a NC has been in construction since Friday so I couldn't have added anything.

I just tried looking for significance in any of this and nothing sticks out to me. The $825 is 41.47% of the full IPH gain, 1.61% of previous (total) output, 1.10% new output, 3.46% the output delta, 19.35% previous building IPH, and 13.2% new building IPH.

idk why its so in depth. it is what it is. but a simple possibility is the tycoon factor

mxz
07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
idk why its so in depth. it is what it is. but a simple possibility is the tycoon factorI was randomly assigned extra IPH because of a Tycoon factor? That doesn't jive with Tycoon giving 10% since none of the likely factors compare at/around 10% or a multiple. I'll update after the upgrade finishes and run another experiment and note any other changes.

Dakid
07-30-2012, 10:22 PM

825 with tycoon was 750 before the bonus, was the previous upgrade comedy club 2 to level 3, that would explain it...if not do you remember what the upgrade was that completed before you chose to the mt?

Gaming Will
08-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Not that I didn't believe you guys, confirmed. Upgrade complete and my iph went up.

mxz
08-01-2012, 08:30 AM
825 with tycoon was 750 before the bonus, was the previous upgrade comedy club 2 to level 3, that would explain it...if not do you remember what the upgrade was that completed before you chose to the mt?Hmm, interesting. I had done a Comedy 2>3 upgrade (due to relative inexpensiveness and gain/day/upgrade time) before starting the NC...doesn't explain the delay, though. Hmm

Dakid
08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
maybe since it was saturday high bandwith traffic delayed your profile's update, do you multiply by an estimated probability of collection? my estimated collection probability coefficient drops alot of my 6hr 3hr and 1hr upgrades toward the bottom of my spreadsheet. ( i use a few metrics but the one you cited is also my primary "between big upgrades" metric, i use it with gain/cost/upgrade time to make decisions)

i think i estimate i collect 15% of my 1hr's production, the laund has a .03 coef on my spreadsheet so i don't have one in my hood anymore even though it's free money according to roi (i also think they are a huge liability when you go to war with a rival, easiest way to work out a players play pattern and time zone is their launds and 1 hrs...).

jobadass
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I just upgraded (it's complete) my 2nd Upscale to level 3 and don't see a boost in my displayed iph...not that it really matters, as long as the $ is there. I may sit down and do the math later, but I'm working late today...shhh, don't tell the boss I'm on the forum at work.

Demoni696
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
I just upgraded (it's complete) my 2nd Upscale to level 3 and don't see a boost in my displayed iph...not that it really matters, as long as the $ is there. I may sit down and do the math later, but I'm working late today...shhh, don't tell the boss I'm on the forum at work.

Quit the game and reopen, your IPH should reflect the upgrade once you do this.

jobadass
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Quit the game and reopen, your IPH should reflect the upgrade once you do this.Afraid I might not reinstall afterwards;) Good point, has fixed a bunch of stuff in the past. Thanks Demoni. I'm on a conference call about something I'm totally not interested in, so I'll try it after that.
Edit: Got off call, un/reinstalled app. Didn't change, but I've jumped the gun before. Gonna do math later.

Gaming Will
08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Get to work jobadass.

--- :)

jobadass
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I got as far as writing down my major 12/24/48s and brain turned to mush....can't find my calculator (kid likes to spell upside doen swear words on it) but I'll try long-hand.

mxz
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
So I realized for everything to take effect, as Will stated, you have to close and reopen. That was probably my issue. You IPH does not update after an upgrade finishing until you close and restart the app.