PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate when....

NightDragon
07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
You are taking down a monster that cost 100+ energy and you hit for the last time you think and it stops 1 damage short... :(

spectra
07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I has happen lots of times with the bosses, specially bone lord and primal king
it sucks to use 100+ energy just to do a 1 point hit, lol

just keep adding hero points

NightDragon
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh I do got 80 so far :D gues I'll just have to keep screaming at my character to give me that extra one damage lol

GetItOn
07-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe this is a tad cynical but sometimes it almost feels like with the range of DMG you do, it's designed to always make you hit the mob the # of times they intended no matter your strength. I've got like 110pts in it and I don't notice a difference.

NightDragon
07-29-2012, 10:37 PM
If you go into the earlier maps it only takes one hit usually... gues when i get 200pts in it we can see how the boost effects the pve overall compared to someone with lesser pts

NJWMRP
07-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Maybe this is a tad cynical but sometimes it almost feels like with the range of DMG you do, it's designed to always make you hit the mob the # of times they intended no matter your strength. I've got like 110pts in it and I don't notice a difference.

I have a suspicion along those lines as well, I am 98 hero strength plus the 42 bonus from my armor and weapon and I have yet to hit in the triple digits.

GetItOn
07-29-2012, 10:44 PM
If you go into the earlier maps it only takes one hit usually... gues when i get 200pts in it we can see how the boost effects the pve overall compared to someone with lesser pts

And just when you start really whooping them, you master a map and they get stronger again. Lol

spectra
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM

I agree with you, my hero strength is 166 and I usually kill the bosses with 7 hits, but I have been killing the bosses with 7 hits since my hero strenght was about 145, WTH!!!.....I should be able to kill them with 6 by now

Cheers

Hobtuse
07-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I agree with you, my hero strength is 166 and I usually kill the bosses with 7 hits, but I have been killing the bosses with 7 hits since my hero strenght was about 145, WTH!!!.....I should be able to kill them with 6 by now

Cheers

I think there might be diminishing returns on the hero strength perhaps?

I have a suspicion along those lines as well, I am 98 hero strength plus the 42 bonus from my armor and weapon and I have yet to hit in the triple digits.

I have about 104 hero strength in addition to a 49 bonus from armor/weapon and I do hit in the triple digits. However the damage range is about 89-119 I think. Is it a level thing?

NightDragon
07-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Mine is 110 to 80 damage with the 80 points. With top weapon as mithril blade so thats probably were the extra thirty points come in... Level should not mater I'm level 80 btw

P4TR1C14N
07-29-2012, 11:23 PM
We Will never know as long they dont give us the needed data.

Its like politics... Lie and hide till Its going to blow. Then deny and say you Will solve it. (and before you do take another position in the company or another :)

They dont want us to think! We just need to click click (preferably on the gem buttons)

Have fun!

Talkazar
07-30-2012, 12:36 AM
I'd hate to blow the air of conspiracy, but mobs (and bosses) have a number of hit points, you do a variable amount of damage to them, and depending on their hp they take a number of hits to die. HP is constant for a monster and the map level, so you can even count the damage you do to know what it is.

While hero strength doesn't (contrary to the sticky) increase your maximum damage by a point for each point spent (it feels more like 1/2 to 3/4) it does have an impact. Of course, between randomness and a lot of mobs having an amount of hp where 1-2 points per hit doesn't matter, its really only something that can be appreciated in large amounts.

GetItOn
07-30-2012, 12:45 AM
While hero strength doesn't (contrary to the sticky) increase your maximum damage by a point for each point spent (it feels more like 1/2 to 3/4) it does have an impact. Of course, between randomness and a lot of mobs having an amount of hp where 1-2 points per hit doesn't matter, its really only something that can be appreciated in large amounts.

So far it's like on the last hit instead of it having 80 life left it only has 60 left. That's what I notice. It's hard to actually shave an entire hit off.

NJWMRP
07-30-2012, 07:10 AM

I have about 104 hero strength in addition to a 49 bonus from armor/weapon and I do hit in the triple digits. However the damage range is about 89-119 I think. Is it a level thing?

Really?? My range is about 73-98. My combat is only lvl 81 though, do you think that affects it?

The_Red
07-30-2012, 07:17 AM

Im at 92 (+35W +16A) and I do somewhere in the low 80s to 110. Every time I add another skill point, it appears that my attacks go upwards. Not sure if there's a cap or not.

NJWMRP
07-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Im at 92 (+35W +16A) and I do somewhere in the low 80s to 110. Every time I add another skill point, it appears that my attacks go upwards. Not sure if there's a cap or not.

doubleyou tee eff. It must be my that my weapon only has 25 attack.

Hobtuse
07-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Really?? My range is about 73-98. My combat is only lvl 81 though, do you think that affects it?

if all things are certain, then our difference will be our levels. but it could just be that I have much more into hero strength and a better hero weapon.

there are many factors that are unknown or are uncertain on their impact upon damage.
the basic premise is that 1 pt in hero strength adds 1 to maximum damage.
this means that the factors that determine the actual damage are the creature's defense (or armor) versus your attack (could be anything, perhaps maybe weapon damage + hero strength) etc.

What I do know is that the good thing about increasing hero strength is that you see the obvious benefits as compared to adding to attack and defense.

and to add onto OP, yes its darn frustrating to hit critters down to 1 tiny life.

NJWMRP
07-30-2012, 08:01 AM
if all things are certain, then our difference will be our levels. but it could just be that I have much more into hero strength and a better hero weapon.

there are many factors that are unknown or are uncertain on their impact upon damage.
the basic premise is that 1 pt in hero strength adds 1 to maximum damage.
this means that the factors that determine the actual damage are the creature's defense (or armor) versus your attack (could be anything, perhaps maybe weapon damage + hero strength) etc.

What I do know is that the good thing about increasing hero strength is that you see the obvious benefits as compared to adding to attack and defense.

and to add onto OP, yes its darn frustrating to hit critters down to 1 tiny life.

Well something is to blame here if you are only 6 hero strength lvls higher and have 2 additional lvls from equipment than me but are hitting 20 points higher. Because I know for a fact that I have not hit in the triple digits.

Whats your combat lvl?

EDIT: just read your signature.

So here are the differences:

Me: 81 combat, 98 hero strength, weapon/armor bonus of 47 attack, max hit <100

You: 105 combat, 104 hero strength, weapon/armor bonus of 49 attack, max hit 119

That's pretty significant

Hobtuse
07-30-2012, 08:14 AM
im still averaging high two digits and low three digits but the occasional 11x hit happens..
at the current moment, i invest all the skill points into hero strength.

NJWMRP
07-30-2012, 08:17 AM
im still averaging high two digits and low three digits but the occasional 11x hit happens..
at the current moment, i invest all the skill points into hero strength.

Yeah I've been doing that since early on, I figure the raise in stats from loot outweighs the unknown attack/defense variable

Tywin
07-31-2012, 10:26 PM

Cheers

Oh mine, i am fresher with this game, and i wonder which level are u in, buddy..

GetItOn
07-31-2012, 11:02 PM
doubleyou tee eff. It must be my that my weapon only has 25 attack.

Weapons play a BIG difference. I upgraded my weapon attack by 6 pts today (26 to 32) and my max hit (so far that I've done in limited hits) is 13 pts higher than previously.

Timbathia
07-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Dont you hate it when.......

Some muppet unsuccessfully raids you, but you lose a basilisk in the process. I dont even know what they were trying to raid as the only uncollected buildings were farms, cottages and merchant caravans.

Stupid casualty rates.