PDA

View Full Version : How about a new weapon reward for identifying cheaters...

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I would love it if funzio should come up with some limited edition explosive called something like the "cheat buster" or something like that.

I think they should hand it out to those who submit tickets on cheaters when the cheating is confirmed.

They don't let us know whether they do anything about cheaters, but if it suddenly showed in our inventory then at least we would have proof that something is being done...I believe most cheaters are identified by forum members and those of us who submit tend to have submitted more than one report so its not like we would know who specifically got busted.

I realize support would initially be flooded, but the community seems to do a better job at policing the game so why not reward us for the effort..

Thoughts, criticisms, followups welcome..

Dipstik
07-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Lock this thread and file it under "Good Suggestion That Will Never Happen #42355"

joaquim
07-29-2012, 10:06 AM
What kind of stats would the weapon have? Perks?

BigCheese
07-29-2012, 10:14 AM
stop dreaming and get back to your daily robbing routine.

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:14 AM
What kind of stats would the weapon have? Perks?

Nothing major like a top 250, but it would be more of a badge of honor for catching cheaters...

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Lock this thread and file it under "Good Suggestion That Will Never Happen #42355"

Yup.... will never happen..

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:16 AM
stop dreaming and get back to your daily robbing routine.

I have been at this level for 2 days now and suddenly everyone is collecting on time.. slow day LOL

GazLegend
07-29-2012, 10:56 AM
You not think it would encourage cheaters so people can get more of the "badge of honor"

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:57 AM
You not think it would encourage cheaters so people can get more of the "badge of honor"

True.... that would be pretty funny

Olly1
07-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I actually really like this idea. Agreed it won't even happen, partly because Funzio will never let you know of the person you reported is a cheater or not. Getting the reward would basically be a 'yes, joe bloggs was cheating' which is against their policy

I'd have a good 20 of the rewards of they did implement it though. Let's keep wishing!

in-game j
07-29-2012, 11:28 AM
+10 maffia when attacking labeled cheaters
+100% cash drop when attacking labeled cheaters
-1 random opponent's item when attacking labeled cheaters
+1 ability to replace opponents buildings with a tree when attacking labeled cheaters

Auxilium
07-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Idea is awesome. It shouldn't be something that increases any of the stats, just something that shows your work is appreciated.

Despite that, i think funzio should be more open about cheaters and getting banned. Was checking out some Crime City hack forums and many people stated to be banned within 1 or 2 days or the hack is already patched and not working. Since we all complain about funzio not doing a thing they could be more open and get more people to watch for cheaters because we know they really do ban them.

_dan_
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I wish they would tell you who were the cheaters who were not.

Swearengen
07-29-2012, 04:40 PM
At the rate we find cheaters we would all have the weapons!

jobadass
07-29-2012, 04:56 PM
them giving us a weapon would be cool. Actually taking action against cheaters would be better. I've completely given up on searching out/reporting cheaters...futile.

BOS
07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Speaking of cheaters, FrankTheTank, level 200, 2 diamond Sigs, 2 bank busters, and all recent event items, plus all high power scratcher items... On top of that 200+ of all top tier respect items and only 900 fight wins...

jobadass
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Speaking of cheaters, FrankTheTank, level 200, 2 diamond Sigs, 2 bank busters, and all recent event items, plus all high power scratcher items... On top of that 200+ of all top tier respect items and only 900 fight wins...We need to start a thread and list cheaters. CCM can sticky it and ban everyone that names, names.

Paulio
07-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Good concept, but technically flawed.

First, people would be reporting so many non-cheaters. That doesn't bother me, so long as some cheaters are found and dealt with.

Second, some people would use one device to cheat, then report themselves and thus have legit high-stat weapons.

iteachem
07-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Good concept, but technically flawed.
Second, some people would use one device to cheat, then report themselves and thus have legit high-stat weapons.

Maybe they could give us 20 gold for each verified cheater we turn in....

emcee
07-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Interesting idea but highly unlikely.

They already can run filters to find these cheaters. More than 1 event item should be flagged and banned. Also events like the economy one when there is a finite number of golden defense given they should have a master list of those given out. Anyone from the last date of reward who has it appear in their inventory thereafter should be instant banned.
Also with this line of thinking in mind I doubt it would be too difficult to program a search based on dates event items are rewarded. So for instance, if the last diamond sig was given out on Jan 25th 2012 then anyone having this item appearing in their inventory after that date should be insta banned. If this search is not possible then they should also have a master list of all who received the sig and anyone who isn't on the list is insta banned.

nakazetina
07-30-2012, 04:00 AM
please explain to me how is this possible? is this cheat or what? one guy is having 1200 mafia members, and only 4760 defense, and he is level 70? i have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it.

iteachem
07-30-2012, 05:50 AM
please explain to me how is this possible? is this cheat or what? one guy is having 1200 mafia members, and only 4760 defense, and he is level 70? i have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it.

Not sure how this would be cheating.... Lots of mafia is common and weak stats is also common. Maybe he just playing the story line and isn't buying weapons..

jmeijer
07-30-2012, 05:55 AM
I like your idea, but I don't know if Funzio/Gree would give rewards like that. It would be possible to make advantage of it, just make new cheater accounts and submit tickets instantly.

Edit: what's a 'hipep'? Just checking your hood.

nakazetina
07-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Not sure how this would be cheating.... Lots of mafia is common and weak stats is also common. Maybe he just playing the story line and isn't buying weapons..

how can you play storyline without buying weapons? with each mafia member you get at least 4 or 5 attack/defense if i am correct?

jmeijer
07-30-2012, 06:01 AM
how can you play storyline without buying weapons? with each mafia member you get at least 4 or 5 attack/defense if i am correct?Yes, but maybe he is doing jobs which acquire weak weapons. Remember, your best items get used in battle.

Auxilium
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM
The reward should not improve stats in any way. Just a sort of medal or star system in your account. A golden dot for every cheater and a star for every 10. Something like that :p

iteachem
07-30-2012, 09:03 AM
The reward should not improve stats in any way. Just a sort of medal or star system in your account. A golden dot for every cheater and a star for every 10. Something like that :p

I like that.. kinda like the flags on warplanes for every kill...

mxz
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I like that.. kinda like the flags on warplanes for every kill...A special decoration, maybe.

I think you should get them taken away if you falsely accuse someone, though.

iteachem
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
A special decoration, maybe.

I think you should get them taken away if you falsely accuse someone, though.

Their would need to be some kind of uniform checklist/minimum requirements before reporting

More than one event weapon
RP Weapons not attainable with Jobs/Robs/Scratcher
etc.

mxz
07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Their would need to be some kind of uniform checklist/minimum requirements before reporting

More than one event weapon
RP Weapons not attainable with Jobs/Robs/Scratcher
etc.
They could run a filter on this stuff already. I'm sort of surprised when they sync device data with a server they don't look for certain conditions like more than 1 scratcher grand prize, scratcher prize without doing a scratcher, a new gold item without spending gold, loot items without spending energy, RP or $ item without the requisite level, etc..
All these things could be done serverside so as not to waste battery life, data, or even require an app update. It would simply flag the account with the suspicious behavior. Additionally, they could add in a new "feature" to the app to transmit the plist data (or even just the md5 checksum of certain ones) in the event that a condition was met and to quickly see if they were a hacker. This would allow for near real time, autonomous bans of cheaters.