PDA

View Full Version : Free vs Cash Open Rate for Events

Idiosyncrasy
07-28-2012, 10:58 PM
For the previous event and the current event, I have had practically the same or better open rate by using the free (low chance) option over the cash (fair chance) option. I don't use gold. Since noticing this trend, I am mostly discouraged from using the cash option going forward. There are several things I would rather spend my in-game cash on, rather than gambling my level x 100 just to get a fail. The amount of fails could easily finance at least one nice upgrade per event.

Has anyone else experienced this? By the way that Gree has marketed these events, it makes one feel inferior to use the cash option and not gold, and almost foolish to use the free option, but it seems to me that now all free players are looked upon in the same manner - not worth their time.

That last statement could start a large debate, so instead I'll restate my question. Has anyone else experienced a comparable open rate between the free option and the cash option with the late events?

TRAZ
07-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Can't honestly say. I've been using the cash option. I'll have to try the free option for the next event since they seem to have them weekly.

in-game j
07-29-2012, 06:07 AM
For the previous event and the current event, I have had practically the same or better open rate by using the free (low chance) option over the cash (fair chance) option. I don't use gold. Since noticing this trend, I am mostly discouraged from using the cash option going forward. There are several things I would rather spend my in-game cash on, rather than gambling my level x 100 just to get a fail. The amount of fails could easily finance at least one nice upgrade per event.

Has anyone else experienced this? By the way that Gree has marketed these events, it makes one feel inferior to use the cash option and not gold, and almost foolish to use the free option, but it seems to me that now all free players are looked upon in the same manner - not worth their time.

That last statement could start a large debate, so instead I'll restate my question. Has anyone else experienced a comparable open rate between the free option and the cash option with the late events?

free option has a lot higher fail rate for sure. especially after you get the first couple.

Shizzy
07-29-2012, 07:11 AM
I used the free option last event after receiving poor returns using the cash option on the new event format (only got 6 pieces among other items in 60+ opens). The first two days of the last event I got 8 pieces and other items before switching to the cash option to finish with 15. I estimate my success rate to be close to 40% with the free option. Using cash option on this event and I am 9 for 32 (6 rings, 1 mafia, 100 respect and 30k). I would like to see a 2nd cash option like 4 or 5 times the current cash option paying out at a 60-75% clip.

Fake
07-29-2012, 10:07 PM
It is also happening to me. I'm playing in two devices, with an average of 15 tries each per day, one just using the free option and another one with cash.
The first one using free option gave me more rings than the other one.
Anyway, it's clear there are no chances to reach the 250, but I'm happy with something between 10~20 cost free at the end of the event.
Gold... never more!

Dipstik
07-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Well since cash is basically worthless, I'll continue to hope that I get a slightly better open rate.