PDA

View Full Version : These weekly events...

Neonjoe
07-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Are a ****ing joke. I log in for my 3rd time today and the event pops up. I have 4 days 15 hours remaining and the leader has 102 rings already. How is this legitimate? Why can't you figure out how to push content to everyone at the same time? Where are all my scratchers that I'm behind?

With utmost sincerity, **** YOU

joaquim
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
These events are the most stupid thing that GREE(D) has ever had. Whoever came up with this idea should be fired but won't since this idea is giving them so much money. I hope the boss event comes to CC soon.

Luke 3457
07-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Gree(d) wouldn't do it if people didn't spend a grand each week for the top 5 spots. It won't change until there's not enough profit being made.

Nyx
07-27-2012, 10:39 AM
If these events were making them a ton of money, wouldn't you think CC would be ranked the highest in top grossing GREE(d) games in the Apple store? It's third behind Kingdom Age.

Bala82
07-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Well if it's in top 3 that ain't nothing when it get to be number 25 that when they get worried

joaquim
07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
These events get worse after each one. The first one was bad. The second one was degraded to 250/50 so that more people would spend money to get in the top. The third one took away the perk for the top 250 so that even more people would spend even more money to get into the top 50. What's next only allowing a perk for the #1 player?

Babytway
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Gree(d) wouldn't do it if people didn't spend a grand each week for the top 5 spots. It won't change until there's not enough profit being made.

exactly, so people you have options here, try and get as much as you can out of the event, don't play the event, or don't play the game at all, but complaining about it and still playing everyday is pointless

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
exactly, so people you have options here, try and get as much as you can out of the event, don't play the event, or don't play the game at all, but complaining about it and still playing everyday is pointless

I agree. Its not changing. I started as a non gold player till I realized around level 80 that it was hopeless to keep playing without gold so I had to choose. Play w gold or stop playing. I see events in same light.

bigflan
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I don't like this event but I just camp

I'm the beast

Babytway
07-27-2012, 10:57 AM
I agree. Its not changing. I started as a non gold player till I realized around level 80 that it was hopeless to keep playing without gold so I had to choose. Play w gold or stop playing. I see events in same light.

i dont play with gold but im gonna keep playing i like the game and i think i do awesome without spending gold. i play the events without gold i love whatever items i get from them but i dont expect to the end prize for free

Nyx
07-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Well if it's in top 3 that ain't nothing when it get to be number 25 that when they get worried

It's actually changed since I last checked. Kingdom Age is #8, MW #13 and CC is #34.

bigflan
07-27-2012, 11:00 AM
It's actually changed since I last checked. Kingdom Age is #8, MW #13 and CC is #34.This is true Becuase no one is buying gold in mw Soem of Teh top purchasers have stopped buying gold for good

sexkitteh
07-27-2012, 11:49 AM

In all fairness to you - you made the right choice...

This is a game that if you ARE going to spend gold, you spend all or nothing... because everything in between does nothing... If you give yourself a budget of say $1000... that would be a waste of $1000... because you would get almost nowhere in this game lol...

So...

OH! and to stay on topic...

The only thing I hate about these events... is all the people complaining about them... EVERY TIME... it's like the same thread pops up... EVERY TIME...

Boom
07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I actually like events. I have nothing to do at all when theres no event.. I just like the old ones better..

Alice
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
They are really creative, about making money out of your pocket.

Alice is watching out for more creative ideas coming...

That -5 mafia is really nothing as it just cuts away the weakest equipment from your opponent. -100 enemy defense/attack skills will be much more useful.

Or maybe something crazy like 15% chance to cause 200% critical damage during fight, that will grant weak players a chance to revenge

Boom
07-27-2012, 01:44 PM
It would suck if when u fite a 500 mafia guy it doesn't count for TL! LOL

Nudie
07-27-2012, 01:46 PM
The game and events have become rather pointless to me. If some people like it then power to them. :p

Neonjoe
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
It's the same thing over and over, no creative design to them. At least the pvp event focused on winning fights, not just pressing a button to open a chest.

eotal101
07-27-2012, 07:25 PM
my opinion:

The simple touch a crate events where you open ten and get a good item were very fair.
111 rings in less than 1 day....
Started doing the math to generalize the amount of gold that needed to be spent to get that many also considering you may get $10,000 for some opens (makes no sense if you spend 11000 to open btw) & some random items.
Stopped after 1 min for attempting to solve a stupid equation...it's either some person paying $1000's or possibly more on gold for each event, someone on a jail broken device that gave themselves 1m+ gold or some B.S. player made up by funzio to drive people to spend $.
Listen, I love the game but when you spend more on an iPhone/iPad/Android game vs a console game with all of its DLC...you're being duped...BOTTOM LINE.

BTW: Is funzio the sole company or a subsiderary of a parent company? I'd love to see some financials. If I owned the company, I'd be scheming ways to create more purchases from the community of players to show the publicly traded companies getting killed for lack of revenue growth and/or forecasts out there (ex: Zynga and FB) and attempt to be bought out.
Smart move...I want a commission if I gave any executives this idea!

Alice
07-27-2012, 10:45 PM
It would suck if when u fite a 500 mafia guy it doesn't count for TL! LOL

:D that will be very funny

bigflan
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Though this item is pathetic as if someone has 505 allies the bonus does absolutely nothing

Second Comming
07-28-2012, 08:59 AM
To be fair, the way apps generate income will most likely change in a couple of years like thigs always do - laws might change, ppl might become more aware idk, but right now gree is milking every penny possible so fair play to them - I personally think they could milk even more and for loger if they employ 1-2 decent programmers that can fix bugs and release content on a 2-3weekly basis but that wont happen - their getting nice and rich so Q to them.