PDA

View Full Version : Give up on no-banking?

mxz
07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Started no banking a couple days ago for the last couple $million towards the NC (hadn't had a successful attack in a week or so). Had a gold player get $300k out of me last night. Tried talking to him this morning explaining the situation and he took the low road - told me he wouldn't add me and has taken $600k more. Might need to cut the losses and bank.

Currently have $4.6m unbanked with ~$800k and 26 mafia until I can build. My major 24 hr buildings are in the morning so I'd only have my 8hrs (~$250k) and robbing to make it until this guy farms me again.

Thoughts?

Boom
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
U bank u only lose 460k

Olly1
07-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Bank. If he gets 10 hits in 2 hours and another 10 2 hours after that you're already lower on cash than if you just banked it now.

mxz
07-27-2012, 09:06 AM
U bank u only lose 460kThat's my problem - it doesn't seem like a lot but it pushes construction off until tomorrow. At 144hr build time I wanted to get this started as soon as I could. was kind of hoping there'd be another trick to get around the unreasonable folks. :/

Olly1
07-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Only tricks with the given time is level up past him or add mafia in the hope that he may not be able to see you (I don't know what mafia level both of you have). Obviously you can't drop mafia otherwise you won't be able to build the nc

mxz
07-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Only tricks with the given time is level up past him or add mafia in the hope that he may not be able to see you (I don't know what mafia level both of you have). Obviously you can't drop mafia otherwise you won't be able to build the ncHe's at 299 mafia (convenient) and one level above me. Since I don't know how close he is to going up, I think I'll have to bank. Sad day.

Dr BoneCrusher
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Bank it, he will not stop.

hinofwars
07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Bank. You will lose more if he kept attacking you.

Gaming Will
07-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately you will have to bank..... Don't give up on no banking though, let him level past you.

mxz
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks, y'all. Going to bank it up. I think the thing that chaps me most now is that he pushed a stalker off my wall that sold off all his buildings and was holding $20m+ in cash.

Dr Girlfriend
07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks, y'all. Going to bank it up. I think the thing that chaps me most now is that he pushed a stalker off my wall that sold off all his buildings and was holding $20m+ in cash.

Haha! I think it's funny that you think someone attacking you for cash is unreasonable when you're looking to do the exact same thing. :D

That's the game!

mxz
07-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Haha! I think it's funny that you think someone attacking you for cash is unreasonable when you're looking to do the exact same thing. :D

That's the game!Well..to be fair, if they had asked me to stop or mob up I would have. I also didn't chciken-sht out amd sell off all my buildings. But yeah, I hear ya. :)

Neonjoe
07-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I woulda just added 200 allies so he couldn't touch you and hope you didn't run in to someone new up there

ShawnBB
07-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Started no banking a couple days ago for the last couple $million towards the NC (hadn't had a successful attack in a week or so). Had a gold player get $300k out of me last night. Tried talking to him this morning explaining the situation and he took the low road - told me he wouldn't add me and has taken $600k more. Might need to cut the losses and bank.

Currently have $4.6m unbanked with ~$800k and 26 mafia until I can build. My major 24 hr buildings are in the morning so I'd only have my 8hrs (~$250k) and robbing to make it until this guy farms me again.

Thoughts?

I sent you request.

I'm at 300 zone as well, what level are you,defense stats? Gold spenders usually level up faster, so just stay put and let him past your level.

Don't ever listen to those guys who suggested to add up to 500 zone, that's a more dangerous area.
Your situation seems like your inventory can't even decently fill up 500 mafia.

Babytway
07-27-2012, 10:41 AM
500 mafia is the only way to go. dont be chicken and stay low for fear of being attacked. just 0.02$

mxz
07-27-2012, 10:42 AM
I sent you request.

I'm at 300 zone as well, what level are you,defense stats? Gold spenders usually level up faster, so just stay put and let him past your level.

Don't ever listen to those guys who suggested to add up to 500 zone, that's a more dangerous area.
Your situation seems like your inventory can't even decently fill up 500 mafia.It couldn't. Close to 300 is pushing me to 6/7 average for my bottom items. I'll probably drop back to 220 or so once I start construction and stay until its a level 3...then start climbing back up.

Zendfrim
07-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Once you get that club you can level defensive buildings to save more since they are cheaper than other money structures. Level the first club to 2 before getting the second, if this is your first.

mxz
07-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped out!
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6021/nc1a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/nc1a.jpg/)

Daniel2115
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Add me if you want another mafia. 652-694-147

Silverstripe
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Bank it, he will not stop.

Ya I just had to do that. He's about 10k attack higher than me and we same lvl.
Was sad

Quirt
07-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped out!
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6021/nc1a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/nc1a.jpg/)

Nice to see that build in progress :) Congrats on your 1st NC

in-game j
07-29-2012, 07:29 AM

Thoughts?

Who's the guy, we shall all take revenge for you!

itzkakarot
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Whoa, don't we have any "no-bank evangelists" around here? I guess I'll fill that role.

Banking is just going to be a big waste of money, the more income you make the bigger waste. Before you go back to banking, you have to start logging your actual losses vs your potential banking loss. To quote Nicholost:

The Math
P = The period between successful attacks (in days)
I = Your income ($/day)
M = Maximum loss from an attack = (I x P) x 65.1% or $300K, whichever is lower
B = Loss from banking = (I x P) x 10%

If M > B, use the bank
If M < B, no-bank

It's that simple.

If he's hitting you every 2 hours, well then I agree you need to take action. I can't speak for what will happen at your level as I'm not there yet, but in my experience there's only one way to deal with a gold shark that doesn't involve buying gold yourself, lower your mafia to drop down a bracket. Adding mafia or levels only puts you into a bigger pool of sharks. Maybe your past the point where that's going to happen anyway, I don't know.

Mind you, lowering mafia when you're already around 300 could be painful. It's not clear how many mafia it will take. I've had to drop 25, 50 or even 75 to deal with a couple of really persistent sharks. The good thing about dropping mafia is your crew becomes leaner and meaner, which will probably put you on the top end of the new bracket you just entered. Then after a couple weeks the shark will likely level past you, and you can beef back up if needed.

I'd recommend going down to 249, which gets you 50 below his mafia count. If he's a real shark, you'll know in about 6 hours if it worked. If it doesn't, drop to 224. If that STILL doesn't work (I can't imagine it won't) go down to 200 (yikes).

For this test to be successful, you'll need to keep money available for the shark to attack. You'll lose a bit more while trying to whittle down, but it'll be much worth it afterward.

Just my 2 cents..

Gaming Will
08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
At Itz, he was hitting him every 2 hours relentlessly. Once the guys passes him we did suggest going back to no banking.

itzkakarot
08-02-2012, 06:05 PM
At Itz, he was hitting him every 2 hours relentlessly. Once the guys passes him we did suggest going back to no banking.
Sorry, I'm just a huge protester of hitting the bank button. :) And generally when a shark has finally found me I've got like $20-30MM sitting out there. One touch of the bank button and I'm out $3MM, just like that. No way one little sharky is going to make me stoop to that, I'd lose $2MM to him alone just on principle if I had to.

mxz
08-02-2012, 07:09 PM
To be fair, I stopped banking a few days after the NC build and haven't lost an attack yet. He leveled up and out of my life. I also dropped a dozen or 2 mafia. After I upgrade to level 3 and want to build the second ill probably pop back up for the build.