PDA

View Full Version : Crime City on Android - Questions...

AppleMacGuy
07-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi. As part of my project to implement rankings I need to understand how CC works on Android so those players can also be included. Specifically, I know that there are numerous device resolutions that Android supports - my question is does anyone know what resolutions CC actually supports on Android? The Google Play page for the app doesn't say:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funzio.crimecity

PS The reason I ask is that my rankings project will scan an image of your CC Stats Profile to extract the stats, but I have an automated cropping process as part of the workflow. On iOS this exercise is easier since all devices only run at 2 resolutions. Not so on Android :(

Thanks in advance for any insight.

mxz
07-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Couldn't you assume the aspect ratio is the same and calculate the cropping based on percentages? Would alleviate the problem of iPhone vs iPad resolutions, too.

fuzzy
07-27-2012, 05:32 AM
My camper account is on a HTC Rezound with a resolution of *1280 x 720

AppleMacGuy
07-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Couldn't you assume the aspect ratio is the same and calculate the cropping based on percentages? Would alleviate the problem of iPhone vs iPad resolutions, too.

I'm not sure how/if that would work any better as I still need to know the aspect ratio of each device in case it varies?

I don't belive the aspect ratios are the same across all mobile devices - are they? iPhone comes out as 2:3 and iPad as 4:3?! I need to crop only the area that contains that stats info...I've determined the X/Y offset for the iOS retina 960x460 display by trail and error and I could use as the basis for calculating the offset for other resolutions - but I still need the resolutions, I think?

Luciferianism
07-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Just leave them out because they are left out of everything else and won't mind,

AppleMacGuy
07-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Just leave them out because they are left out of everything else and won't mind,

Hah hah yeah if only...I'm not that cruel...being a Mac Guy you learn to laugh first at Windoze and Android and then have sympathy for their plight :p

Anyyway, I think I've got it figured...I've found a grid on the interwebs with the resolutions at various dpi density and screen sizes.

mxz
07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm not sure how/if that would work any better as I still need to know the aspect ratio of each device in case it varies?

I don't belive the aspect ratios are the same across all mobile devices - are they? iPhone comes out as 2:3 and iPad as 4:3?! I need to crop only the area that contains that stats info...I've determined the X/Y offset for the iOS retina 960x460 display by trail and error and I could use as the basis for calculating the offset for other resolutions - but I still need the resolutions, I think?You should be able to find that in the file properties. Not sure how you're doing it, but there should be native calls in whatever OS/language/script you're using to return some of the basic properties of the image.