PDA

View Full Version : Taking an event break

KemoKidd
07-26-2012, 09:09 PM
I was going to jokingly post a thread last night about how long it has been since our last event. And what do you know? Another event! :mad: I have actively participated in these events and placed in the top 250 in the last three events. These events are coming way too fast! They're exhausting. I enjoy being patient and building my IPH but these events have me leveling up way too fast.

I am glad to say that I am not only not going to spend a cent of gold, I am not even going to do any jobs to get cases. What will help me stay true to my word is the timing of this event with my trip to go near Indianapolis this weekend where I don't get that great of reception on my phone anyway (and no WiFi!).

For the first time in a while I have been expanding, re-organizing and building more of my hood up. This is much more enjoyable for me than constantly looking at the time to see if an hour is up yet and constantly checking the leader board. Don't get me wrong, I do like these events but I definitely need a break!

Good luck everyone.

Coco c
07-27-2012, 03:39 AM
Enjoy your time off!

Second Comming
07-27-2012, 04:13 AM
These events are coming way too fast! They're exhausting. I enjoy being patient and building my IPH but these events have me leveling up way too fast.

Enjoy your time off, but if you've place in the 250 then presumably you've spent some gold? You could just spend enough to 20+ and you should be in the top 250 with little effort.

I havn't made it past the 2nd reward yet nor used gold since January this year (I had 11 with 2days to go then got all fails and 2 Deviant coats). Its a shame because I would like it if the non-gold users could at least get the 3rd item without having to wake a few times during sleep.

KemoKidd
07-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I did use gold for the events. I learned in the computer chip event (top 500/ top 50) that I used way too much gold. I believe I was 12-14 chips higher than 500th place. In the next event I was using cash opens the first three days and found myself 1 behind #250. It was then I started using gold opens to then get about 5 over #250 and then went back to cash opens. In the last event I started with gold opens, coasted with cash opens, felt I needed a gold boost then went back to cash.

I am surprised with how much gold you don't have to spend to be in the top 250 if you play it right. In the last two events I did not use gold on energy refills (cases were poppin out left and right for me) and I rarely used gold on timer resets. When I did do a timer reset I did it once in an hour. I never fall into a open, reset, open, reset until I get an item because I can imagine how fast your gold would disappear. I pretty much would just do a gold open an hour. The next event I participate in I will keep track and let everyone know exactly how much I spend.

This is more of a mental break than a financial break. Although it is definitely nice to take a break from spending too!

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Or ask for an allowance increase like enahs1 and Joaquim

Boom
07-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Well how much do u THINK u spent?

sexkitteh
07-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm also taking event breaks... I'm back to camping :D

I got plenty to level up and plenty of DBuildings to build...

And the scratchers are a nice fill in - though I haven't gotten anything exciting yet...