PDA

View Full Version : New Building thought, tax collection or something

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I just had a thought.

What are your thoughts on a tax collection building? I'm not sure what to call this really. It collects your buildings income.

A couple ways to do it....

1: It would collect each building when they become available. You manually add to vault still.

2: It collects only for a limited time. You pay x cash for x time to collect. So it cost x for say 1 hr or 2 hrs etc. Give maybe 4 different time frame for 4 different amount of cash. So x cash for 1 hr collection. X cash for 2 hr collection. X cash for 4 hr collection. X cash for 6 hr collection. something like this.

3: You can only buy one of this building as you only need one.

4: You upgrade it to make it collect faster or longer time. Maybe it could be limited to x cash per hr collection limit and more per hr with upgrades. Or upgrade to go from 30 minutes to 24 hrs, or 12 hr collection time.

5: This building could cost a bit more then lower end buildings, but not a huge price increase. Maybe it could cost a few million in cash and each upgrade could be appropriate per level.

6: It could cost some gold, but not a ton of gold. Maybe 100 pieces or so, but I wouldn't charge a ton of gold for it.

7: If player raids it, it just stops collecting. Each raid could decrease collection time or collection amount per hr.

8: When raiding the building it could give a bit of cash for loot if any is un vaulted.

joaquim
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
1) no because then your buildings wouldn't be able to get robbed ruining one of the purposes of the game.
2) why spend money or gold on it if it'll only collect for a limited time? Waste of cash/gold in my opinion.
3) yes
4) no because if this building were to exist it would be better if it collected all the time.
5) yes
6) no
7) first part yes second part no
8) yes

This idea is not completely good but it has potential. *stamps with returned to idea created for editing the idea to make it better stamp*

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 08:30 PM
One thing is its the same regarding money. If money is not vaulted it can be lost.

Agreed that it can use some improvement. Just some thoughts with being open for tweaks. I would love to hear CCM thoughts on this. Not if they can do it, but just his thoughts about the idea.

Mario Mario
07-26-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm pretty sure someone has come up with this idea before, except with a unit 'worker' instead

FromAfar
07-26-2012, 11:34 PM
i think the tax collection thing is great. a % can be taken from all players that have iph>250k.

the funds would be used to uy high strength units for the lowest performing 10% of all players. or optionally, the player could take the money to spend as they see fit. building new buildings, upgrading, or on new decorations (trees and oil barrels) or at the infirmary for better health care.

Gold players should be taxed at a higher rate, as their money is "more real"

maybe, if you keep over $1m vaulted for more the 6 hours, a percentage should also be taken to pay into the fund.

this way, the top rated folks would be paying their fair share! and i would get some new, cool units! for free! ;)

jk. up late, bad sense of humor at this hour! :)

Buggs1a
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Lol, great, hehe. My idea is from The Tribez. It has a tax collection building they call it. It has one villager that goes to each building, farm etc and it collects the income then brings it back to the tax building. The income collected is just added to your money and when you run the game again, it tells you how much was collected.
it has 4 different time frames to collect with each costing a bit more then the one before. 1 hr, 2 hr, 12 hr and 24 hr. something along those lines.
Now in modern war I would love the same thing.

Arizona
07-29-2012, 03:12 PM
If parts of this game get automated, people will start to leave. It's already difficult to find a decent target to raid. Once a source of income is cut, people will start to think "enough's enough" and find another game.

James_mac
07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I think it it collects from every building it will make raiding redundant and worthless because nobody will have anything to raid, I think if there were to be a building like this it should have a small radius (like the defense building blue radius) and it'll only collect the buildings in it. That way you can only put say 4 building in the radius so it would still leave the rest of the buildings as possible raiding targets for others

Buggs1a
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
People don't seem to understand. The idea here is to collect it with the building but that income is not vaulted. It can still be raided.

James_mac
07-29-2012, 04:03 PM
If the money has been collected the money building can't be raided, but the player can still be attacked and lose the unvaulted money. Hence why it would take the point out if raiding

Arizona
07-29-2012, 04:16 PM
If the money has been collected the money building can't be raided, but the player can still be attacked and lose the unvaulted money. Hence why it would take the point out if raiding
True. You have to think if something like that is worth it or not. Yes it could be collected; the advantage being that it starts on its next money cycle. The downside is that with all your selected buildings collected, it might be better to just attack a player rather than raid buildings. I personally wouldn't buy one.
I like that I have to plan a strategy and think ahead. I don't really want to have a building that does it for me. Also how would it fit into the theme of a Modern War.
Not as bad an idea as I initially thought, but not something I'd go for anyway.

Buggs1a
07-29-2012, 04:17 PM
James, you're right. Lol. I wasn't thinking. However maybe this could work with some modifications. I dunno.

Pwet
07-29-2012, 07:57 PM
i think the tax collection thing is great. a % can be taken from all players that have iph>250k.

the funds would be used to uy high strength units for the lowest performing 10% of all players. or optionally, the player could take the money to spend as they see fit. building new buildings, upgrading, or on new decorations (trees and oil barrels) or at the infirmary for better health care.

Gold players should be taxed at a higher rate, as their money is "more real"

maybe, if you keep over $1m vaulted for more the 6 hours, a percentage should also be taken to pay into the fund.

this way, the top rated folks would be paying their fair share! and i would get some new, cool units! for free! ;)

jk. up late, bad sense of humor at this hour! :)

OMG you just described how my country works, literally