PDA

View Full Version : Buy Gold Now or Wait for Sale

iteachem
07-26-2012, 07:26 PM
So I am on a journey to the Dark Side. Yes I am buying gold (got a few gift cards given to me so I am game using them on Crime City).

So question..

Buy Now with possibility of double
Wait for Sale
Don't crossover to the Dark Side

your thoughts and feedback are helpful. Thanks

enahs1
07-26-2012, 07:29 PM
It depends what you want to spend it on. If its a gold building, wait until a sale. If its this weeks crates, do it now. If you want to take a chance at the double your funds, spend it now.

Dr BoneCrusher
07-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Buy it now chance the double up. If you where buying bulk then wait for the sale

Rodimus
07-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Everything is a gamble, teach. Plus, we know there won't be a gold sale until after Aug. 3rd, sooo.:confused:

iteachem
07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
For further information I plan on using it for Gold Buildings. I like the income piece of the game and have pretty much tapjoyed myself out. I did pretty well with Tapjoy and have 2 churches and 2 pirate taverns and goodfella. I confess I did have one gift card that I used on a Rock Cafe..

Any future Gold will be for the other Rock and the remaining Gold Building GC and what the other one?

enahs1
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
That's a lot of tapjoy gold... Good job! So, do you want a sale or a chance to double your transactions? That will be the decision maker?

Edit: the other gold building is the palm hotel

MaddSkillz
07-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Last time they did this event nobody..i repeat nobody..who purchased a vault of gold got the double bunus. (at least no forum members...my two vault purchases included.

WOT and money. Wait for the sale.

iteachem
07-27-2012, 07:51 AM
shameless bump now that everyone is awake

jmeijer
07-27-2012, 07:54 AM
I bought gold today.. bought crates. I would buy it now, but remember that the chance is small to get it double.

iteachem
07-27-2012, 07:59 AM
I bought gold today.. bought crates. I would buy it now, but remember that the chance is small to get it double.

This will probably be a one time thing. I am mainly interested in income so all gold purchased will go towards gold buildings. For some reason I don't like the randomness of the crates... (used tapjoy on 4-5 crates with no rares) not much of a gambler, and I feel that over time the scratchers will work out..

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-27-2012, 08:04 AM
So I am on a journey to the Dark Side. Yes I am buying gold

Welcome to the dark side....I am your father ;)

iteachem
07-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the dark side....I am your father ;)

Lets cuddle....

Auxilium
07-27-2012, 09:59 AM
This will probably be a one time thing. I am mainly interested in income so all gold purchased will go towards gold buildings. For some reason I don't like the randomness of the crates... (used tapjoy on 4-5 crates with no rares) not much of a gambler, and I feel that over time the scratchers will work out..

That's unlucky man. Got my first 175 gold from tapjoy and went for the crate. Got a rare Hybrid Supercar 135/126, uncommon Back Alley Scrapper 78/57 and a common OG Roller 24/28. I'm very satisfied with the outcome :)

Duncko
07-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Wait for the gold sale. Simply put, i don't trust the double up.

Paulio
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Wait for the sale. The double currency event rewards only 100 purchases per day. With this event going on, there's gonna be a lot of gold buyers and the odds are not in your favor. You said you don't like gambling with crates, well this is an even bigger gamble.

My advice is to wait for the gold sale and get a guaranteed 20% off.

TRAZ
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Wait for the sale. Support only when it benefits you the most.

Dreno33
07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Wait for the sale. The double currency event rewards only 100 purchases per day. With this event going on, there's gonna be a lot of gold buyers and the odds are not in your favor. You said you don't like gambling with crates, well this is an even bigger gamble.

perfect advice iteachem. listen to this guy :D

iteachem
07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks everybody for the feedback.... I will wait for the next sale to join the dark side

Zendfrim
07-28-2012, 08:55 AM
My friend, if there's one thing I have learned about this game it is to spend real money on things you can be certain of. Static gold items, gold buildings, and finishing upgrades are just about the only sure thing anymore. I lucked out with a 5 gun scratcher and got a kick-butt piece for it. Thats my claim to gambling fame. Oh, and all hood related modifiers. Those too. :D

Second Comming
07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
The ultra rare crate xplosive is very nice if you 'do' feel like a gamble.

in-game j
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Wish I had the tapjoy option ! What kind of iOS do you have or are you using? I have it on my ipod touch, but not my iphone.

Robin Locksley
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Iv never looked into tap joy... I'm looking too boost my stats by about 30k.... How long will it take me too tap joy too around 70k stats

iteachem
07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Wish I had the tapjoy option ! What kind of iOS do you have or are you using? I have it on my ipod touch, but not my iphone.

iPad and directly to their site.... Most of it was via free app.1-8 gold per install...but the last big one was three offers. The netlix sign up was 105 gold, superpass was I think 65 and the the blockbuster was up there as well...Those three paid for most of two pirates

I did have a gift card given to me a few months ago $20

So with tapjoy and the one gift card I have collected
2 churches
2 pirates
1 goodfella upgrade
2 sets of 3 on crates...
1 rock cafe...

Not too bad

Robin Locksley
07-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Bet you buy the rock cafes and gents clubs.........

iteachem
07-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Bet you buy the rock cafes and gents clubs.........

That is what I want... And that palm hotel looks good but unless I get some teacher appreciation donations ( I never do) that won't happen..

Nudie
07-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm not buying any more gold until they fix the game. :p

Fake
07-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Me either, after hundreds of threads about cheaters I feel like it's a waste of money or at least a disrespect from F/G!

iteachem
07-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Me either, after hundreds of threads about cheaters I feel like it's a waste of money or at least a disrespect from F/G!

I have only been attacked by cheaters a few times. Honestly they don't impact my game at all...I can be beaten by someone with 35k stats, so what matter is it to me if someone with 80k takes me...35 or 8O it's still a loss.. And a few that hit me and were cheating were eventually locked so I do know something gets done..

Fake
07-30-2012, 12:51 AM
I have only been attacked by cheaters a few times. Honestly they don't impact my game at all...I can be beaten by someone with 35k stats, so what matter is it to me if someone with 80k takes me...35 or 8O it's still a loss.. And a few that hit me and were cheating were eventually locked so I do know something gets done..

lucky of you! I know a couple of players (maybe just rich kids, very rich) with a volume of gold items increasing every day?!, hundreds of threads with the most obvious ones, plus a couple of things I met. kinda disappointed, in the past I've spent a reasonable amount.

NV555
07-30-2012, 03:32 AM
I would and you did as well wait for the sale.

I would buy some post cards and send them in I think that is just as good of chance.

I know all the math people here might agree wait for the sale save 20 USD and buy 5 USD of those stamp post cards and have just as good of chance at winning double up unless they just throw the post cards away (which I do not think they would do.)

Anybody know anybody or ever hear of anybody winning from the post card option?

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-30-2012, 06:05 AM
I would and you did as well wait for the sale.

I would buy some post cards and send them in I think that is just as good of chance.

I know all the math people here might agree wait for the sale save 20 USD and buy 5 USD of those stamp post cards and have just as good of chance at winning double up unless they just throw the post cards away (which I do not think they would do.)

Anybody know anybody or ever hear of anybody winning from the post card option?

Post cards? Wish I was in Vegas drinking

iteachem
07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Post cards? Wish I was in Vegas drinking

There is a free entry into the double your gold event by sending in postcards.. no purchase necessary.. see sticky

TruthHurts
07-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Don't bother buying gold, it's really not worth it.