PDA

View Full Version : Battle Sequences

Guido69
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I was wondering how the units are chosen that show up on the PvP battle sequences? It cannot be random because they are mostly the same and some are never "picked".

Talkazar
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I think its meant to pick the top 3 or 4 by value. That said on the ipad 3 most units do not render. I am very fortunate I have the arcane defender for otherwise I would have been soloing armies for the last 2 months.

Guido69
07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks.

My top 2 never are picked. Out of my top 10 units only two get picked to fight (Judicator and Avenging Spirit).

GetItOn
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I think my 4th and 6th highest attack unit show up on my sequence. Mine hasn't been updated in weeks and weeks even tho I've gotten better units since then.

Crazy Canuck
07-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Mine has been Gaurdian and doom elemental ever since I got them back in 1st auction event.

I have gotten units better then doom before but they never showed up. Last night I finally got a unit stronger the Gaurdian in Magister of thanatos but he doesn't show up either.

No matter I love seeing the guardian elemental dragon rain fireballs down on my opponents

Guido69
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Weird... maybe they don't have an animation sequence for every unit

GetItOn
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Weird... maybe they don't have an animation sequence for every unit

Probably not. That'd be a ton of work, but should have been done. I'm guessing they have a handful of sequences made and whichever of your units they have a animation for is what you see.

The_Red
07-26-2012, 06:33 PM
.... 2 months... these have been messed up.

Guido69
07-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Probably not. That'd be a ton of work, but should have been done. I'm guessing they have a handful of sequences made and whichever of your units they have a animation for is what you see.

I think that's what it is. That battle sequence part could be much, much better. And I don't think it would be too complicated. But it might not be of highest priority for the business aspect of it.

Zesder
07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
In other words. Why bother upgrading the game when you can bleed as much cash from the saps until they give up and then put a new skin on the game and pretend its a new game and then fleece everyone again.

Ahenobarbus
07-27-2012, 05:58 AM
As far as I can tell the units selected for battle animations are indeed largely those who have an existing mob-template. Hence, the oft repackaged Abyssal Soldier/Fiend Lord/Beast of the Pits 'palette-swap' is a frequent sight because it is used for mobs in the Orc Camp, Sea of Flames, Devil's Doorway etc. I have sometimes been surprised by the sight of an exotic unit sword-in-hand, though, so I guess there are some exceptions.

Incidentally, has anyone bought themselves a Priest of the Sands? I'd be eager to know whether the unit appears in battle, considering there are so many versions of the mob in PvE.