PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this...

hound
07-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Can anyone explain how a player that has*an attack alliance 40,000 less*
then my alliance defense, can raid and win over my defense.*
I also loose 4,000 to 5,000 alliance defense, after he/she raids me- which I have never
seen before.*I have lost before (not offen), but have never seen a loss in my A/A or A/D.

Is this a hacker or is this the "game glitch".

Q Raider
07-26-2012, 04:04 AM
They have raided your Defence buildings which dropped your stats by that amount.

Sometimes they don't appear as raided but the drop is a giveaway. I just select each Defence building and it resets the values to their correct stat.

Remember you are looking at their unboosted stats so there true attack could easily be 15% higher than what you see.

Add in that they could have high attack skill points and it is entirely possible.

hound
07-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks QR!
I just realized he hit all my boost buildings and then raided my base!

Thank God it's only a game....

Dirk Durbin37
07-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks QR!
I just realized he hit all my boost buildings and then raided my base!

Thank God it's only a game....

Hound aren't you still above 80k Def unboosted though? I know they make it a lot easier for players to raid than attack, but 80k should still be a tough nut to crack. I just hit 100k Def with my boost and I have had a player with 68k attack, try to raid but they lost every time. I surrounded my boost buildings with 5 railguns and 5 mine fields. Maybe that little extra helps.

Kiss Of Death
07-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Hound aren't you still above 80k Def unboosted though? I know they make it a lot easier for players to raid than attack, but 80k should still be a tough nut to crack. I just hit 100k Def with my boost and I have had a player with 68k attack, try to raid but they lost every time. I surrounded my boost buildings with 5 railguns and 5 mine fields. Maybe that little extra helps.

Yes, all your boost buildings and best IPH ones should be surrounded by as many overlapping defense ranges you can muster... I am a heavy heavy pvp player and with 117 attack skill 57 stamina I normally can destroy players upto 20-30% higher def than my attack and win, although losses hurt BP is huge! Taking out all compounds and boosts then perhaps a couple of well upgraded def buildings makes an easier PvP target for valor and to also cause more cas on the enemy I'll wipe out the infirmary if it's level 3+...

Arizona
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Taking out all compounds and boosts then perhaps a couple of well upgraded def buildings makes an easier PvP target for valor and to also cause more cas on the enemy I'll wipe out the infirmary if it's level 3+...
Taking out the Infirmary, is that just a spiteful gesture to your opponent as it's not making your job any easier, unless they see how much they've lost in the SitRep and decide to not revenge you.

JMC
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Like i said in other threads, my bro who had 142000 defence at the time was successfully raided with no failed attempts by someone with 78K raw attack. Probably 88K attack boosted at most.

Boom
07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
In CC when robbed ur def is halved

hound
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM

My defense is 100k- their attack is 60k. Will start building my defense around the boost buildings.. See if that helps.
Thanks for the advise- everyone!

Dirk Durbin37
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
My defense is 100k- their attack is 60k. Will start building my defense around the boost buildings.. See if that helps.
Thanks for the advise- everyone!

We are already allies so you can check out my base. Every Defensive building I have is overlapped with my lvl 10 composite and/or lvl 9 Airship hanger. Not saying this is the perfect layout but I haven't been successfully raided or attacked in months. I also have 120 or so skill points for Defense though so who really knows what is working.

ucantwin1
07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm using the same layout as suggested above, having 5 railguns and 5 EMPs in the middle of the grouped Boost buildings. So that this provides each lvl 10 boost building with an additional 1000+ defense. Not sure how effective this will be against a high gold density force though. If the attacking units are indestructible, then it will not matter anyway.

general_J
07-26-2012, 08:23 PM
How can I lose when I have 57,000 attack and the person I am attacking has only 41,000 defense.

Q Raider
07-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Again, the hidden boosts are coming into effect.

Composite building can add up to 20% of their total unit defence.
Repsective boost buildings can add up to 20% to their total stats for that type of unit.
Defence skill points assist in holding opponents at bay.

Strong against units potentially reduce factors of your attack by an ???? amount.

Potentially their 41k with a country 10% boost, an everything else set to max could be giving them a defence stat of close to 63k. Add in some strong agaisnt adn a decent set of defence skill points and there is your answer.

Kiss Of Death
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
Taking out the Infirmary, is that just a spiteful gesture to your opponent as it's not making your job any easier, unless they see how much they've lost in the SitRep and decide to not revenge you.Tsk tsk not at all... Last I checked my app was called modern war and while it's interesting to waste time tapping on defense buildings that regenerate for free .. There is no effect... I like an economic victory which means killing off enemy units... Funny about that happening in war.... As it is more damaging than stealing money if a few costly valor or high $ units go down... And it's a nice balance for the ones I lose. I am not vindictive only clinical.

Kiss Of Death
07-27-2012, 02:55 AM
In CC when robbed ur def is halvedYou so sure about that....?

Arizona
07-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Tsk tsk not at all... Last I checked my app was called modern war and while it's interesting to waste time tapping on defense buildings that regenerate for free .. There is no effect... I like an economic victory which means killing off enemy units... Funny about that happening in war.... As it is more damaging than stealing money if a few costly valor or high $ units go down... And it's a nice balance for the ones I lose. I am not vindictive only clinical.
That's a nice take on the game. I don't criticise how anyone plays, just curious to see why people do what they do.

I do like your artwork. It's very creative doodling (no offense intended, but if Chem is boring that's what we did in class), with a flair for shadow detail. You clearly have talent. Wish I could put on paper what creative things go on in my head, but I'm better with a camera than pencils and paint.

Kiss Of Death
07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
That's a nice take on the game. I don't criticise how anyone plays, just curious to see why people do what they do.

I do like your artwork. It's very creative doodling (no offense intended, but if Chem is boring that's what we did in class), with a flair for shadow detail. You clearly have talent. Wish I could put on paper what creative things go on in my head, but I'm better with a camera than pencils and paint.

No offense in fact I chuckled a lot reading it by word association, because I have three sons aged 6,3,1.5 and that seems to be a favorite word right now and always said with a grin and a cheeky look like they can tell they're getting attention saying it... I can't get over how proud all little boys are of that... word :)

Lol. And I like your words over in Buggs1a's post. He's a very gentle man and I think a few others didn't read between the lines and understand him properly.

I've got a stack of little 'doodles' all to scan and rotate through as avatars... might as well show them since I've had them 20 years.