PDA

View Full Version : Will we get new buildings

Baraka
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Do you guys think Gree are putting most of there work into kingdom age and leaving modernwar behind. KA has had new maps and few other upgrades. I can't remember the last time we had some new buildings. I think they are way over due. They also got a twitter account for KA and not modernwar.Would like to hear from people who played crime city. Wen modernwar came out did CC get less stuff on that too. Hope it's not the case as would like to see something new soon.

Mad
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Do you guys think Gree are putting most of there work into kingdom age and leaving modernwar behind. KA has had new maps and few other upgrades. I can't remember the last time we had some new buildings. I think they are way over due. They also got a twitter account for KA and not modernwar.Would like to hear from people who played crime city. Wen modernwar came out did CC get less stuff on that too. Hope it's not the case as would like to see something new soon.

No I am thinking KA is not doing so good, so they are throwing more at it. I mean the new KA Boss event you can get a med pak for half the price of MW. Why are they doing that? I suspect because the money isn't there, like in MW.

The reason is because KA would appeal to a younger crowd, who wouldn't have the money to spend. So KA may even have more players, but the money wouldn't be the same as MW simply because MW appeals to those who have cash in their pocket.

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 05:32 PM
MW has always been the lesser game out of the 3. At leas that' the way the Devs and Funzio/GRee have treated the situations like...

CC is the money maker we all know this and KA is up and coming...

Maybe some things are off in these statements but not by much.

bigflan
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Nope seq exact opposite mw is the money maker

Boom
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
CC is breaking...

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Nope seq exact opposite mw is the money maker

Correct...I was wrong...It was like that a while back.

Q Raider
07-25-2012, 05:46 PM
The Med pack apparently only does half health in KA, not full health as for MW.

If using it, take advantage and wait a minute before hitting, that way you can get three hits for your 10 gems, six for 20 gems so used effectively it actually provides better "value" for your dollar.

KA also does not renew energy on level ups so wouldn't say they are benefiitting one over the other there.

The takeover of Funzio by Gree probably put the cat amongst the pigeons re changes in games that were reasonably well founded if they were planned. They would have leant more to promoting the newer over the older as the dollar base for the older game is already stablished (ie it has recovered it's cost outlays and now generates income), the newer game needed the extra emphasis to be shown to deliver a quick profit return.

Hopefully they have been taking onboard at least some of the ideas tossed around on the forums and through the support tickets and there is some new buildings, units and maps to keep people coming back.

manbeast
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
For the last 4 months, MW has been in the top 25 highest grossing apps every time I checked. I have never noticed CC or KA there.

I checked just now and KA passed MW!!! KA is 19 and MW is 20.

But yea, we are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over do for new buildings. I'm honestly not sure what the developers/engineers are getting paid for. New content in the last 2 months: boss event, and gold units. FAIL

enahs1
07-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Hate to break it to you guys, but both CC and KA will beat MW in money making until MW gets the leader board event

manbeast
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Hate to break it to you guys, but both CC and KA will beat MW in money making until MW gets the leader board event

I have never, ever, seen CC in the top grossing apps. how do you figure that?? MW has been there for months.

enahs1
07-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I have never, ever, seen CC in the top grossing apps. how do you figure that?? MW has been there for months.
CC, the leader board winner had around 200 nitrous tanks. With a .3 opening rate (if he is lucky), that's around 666 (haha) opens. 666 opens, plus 666 resets at 15 gold a piece. So 666 times 30 equals around 20000 gold. 20000 gold divided by 1500 (1 vault) equals around 13 vaults. $100 per vault equals 1,300 dollars from ONE person. Now since the top 50 averaged over 100 nitrous tanks. Thats means, everyone in the top 50 spent at least $650. Thats still not taking in the account of 100 people get close to 100 to try to get in the top 50 and the rest spending gold to get in the top 250. Now multiply that event times 3. For KA, the leader has spent at least 3200 to get into number one position and he spent at least 2000 on the event before that.

Modern war may be a better money making game overall, but I think right now the other two games rank ahead of it

War Priest
07-25-2012, 08:59 PM
No, we will never get new buildings... Ever ever ever...

Mad
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
For the last 4 months, MW has been in the top 25 highest grossing apps every time I checked. I have never noticed CC or KA there.

I checked just now and KA passed MW!!! KA is 19 and MW is 20.

But yea, we are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY over do for new buildings. I'm honestly not sure what the developers/engineers are getting paid for. New content in the last 2 months: boss event, and gold units. FAIL

I did a bunch of searching on the top grossing apps for Ipad and Iphone -- I didn't even know such lists existed.

There are a lot of different lists out there. But Modern War is consistently in the top 25. Crime City is not mentioned once on any of the lists. Kingdom Age is mentioned a few times, but I never found a list where Kingdom Age was ahead of MW, though it was close to MW on a couple lists.

Again the time ranges were not consistent and I wasn't able to find anything real recent like you had. I think the numbers I had were for June 2012.

It is interesting though. Crime City isn't as popular as I thought it would be. KA does seems to coming on. But MW is more than holding its own at this point.

I think GREE may be ignoring MW a bit and pumping the tires of the other two games to get their numbers up. But I don't think we will be ignored for too long.

manbeast
07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
just go to the app store->top 25->top grossing.

yea this is the first time i've ever seen KA on there. MW is always on there. Last week it was like number 4. and yea never seen CC anywhere in top 25. you can also check "top in app purchases". for MW vault of gold is number 8 and 10!!

Right now:

19. KA
20. MW
43. CC

bigflan
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah cc is dieing mw is little past the prime and KA is entering its prime

In 2 months I think all these games might die

manbeast
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
pics

http://i45.tinypic.com/ohpms5.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mebx2h.png

marebear
07-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Wild Stallion told me he spent about 8k on the last event do that might have something to do with it.

War Priest
07-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Wild Stallion told me he spent about 8k on the last event do that might have something to do with it.

Your his ally? That is way to much money...

Mad
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for showing me where that info was very interesting. It will be interesting to see where things are at in a couple of months.

Does anyone know how long CC has been around?

I think there is a message here for GREE/Funzio it needs to work on keeping its players long term.

I think as people move into whale territory they start quitting because they are getting pummeled by the whales. Undoubtedly some of them have bought small amounts of gold or use Tapjoy but are simply unwilling or unable to spend the necessary amounts needed to compete with the whales. So they end up quitting more from frustration than anything.

I suspect GREE makes more money off thousands of low to mid spenders of gold than they make off the hundreds of high spenders. The high spenders are the gravy, but the low to mid spenders because of their sheer numbers pay the bills.

Somehow Gree has to find away to allow the low to mid spenders to compete with the whales. If the low to mid spenders start quitting, GREE has a problem. I wonder if that is what has happened in CC.

marebear
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Your his ally? That is way to much money...Yeah, he is a nice guy. And yes, I think that's a lot of money but more power to him.

War Priest
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he is a nice guy. And yes, I think that's a lot of money but more power to him.

Is he the biggest KA spender? I think he won all three or four so far right?

bigflan
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Is he the biggest KA spender? I think he won all three or four so far right?Yup he did I'm pretty sure he is a businessman if spends that money but it's his cash its not like it makes a diffrence because he win every event since we k wo he will

I think soemoen should look at his inventory

JMC
07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
All the top players are like CEOs of companies lol.

Q Raider
07-26-2012, 12:29 AM
These games are actually a great way to reduce work related stresses.
Gets you to think about the game and changes your focus from work.

I started playing this to try to turn off from my work as was operating well outside of my comfort zone and couldn't get to sleep....figured playing this would allow me to switch off from work and then I could go to sleep easier.

So I am hoping they bring in a couple of different types of game situations, though, in truth, the Battle Points were introduced not too long ago so they have made changes fairly recently. Incidentally noticed someone commented in the game they got 650 BP's off a player, max I have gotten is 350.

Worked for a bit......now it probably keeps me awake more than work does:D

JMC
07-26-2012, 01:15 AM
These games are actually a great way to reduce work related stresses.
Gets you to think about the game and changes your focus from work.

I started playing this to try to turn off from my work as was operating well outside of my comfort zone and couldn't get to sleep....figured playing this would allow me to switch off from work and then I could go to sleep easier.

So I am hoping they bring in a couple of different types of game situations, though, in truth, the Battle Points were introduced not too long ago so they have made changes fairly recently. Incidentally noticed someone commented in the game they got 650 BP's off a player, max I have gotten is 350.

Worked for a bit......now it probably keeps me awake more than work does:D

BP were actually introduced months ago, they gotta come out with something new other than events soon. Im pretty sure new maps are coming soon. Which possibly means new buildings/units as well.

Baraka
07-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Some good imput back there guys. Cheers. Seems as though Gree couldn't afford to leave MW behind. I'm sure there are buildings in the pipeline. Kingdom age just had some maps n stuff so should be MW turn now.

Kiss Of Death
07-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Thanks for showing me where that info was very interesting. It will be interesting to see where things are at in a couple of months.

Does anyone know how long CC has been around?

I think there is a message here for GREE/Funzio it needs to work on keeping its players long term.

I think as people move into whale territory they start quitting because they are getting pummeled by the whales. Undoubtedly some of them have bought small amounts of gold or use Tapjoy but are simply unwilling or unable to spend the necessary amounts needed to compete with the whales. So they end up quitting more from frustration than anything.

I suspect GREE makes more money off thousands of low to mid spenders of gold than they make off the hundreds of high spenders. The high spenders are the gravy, but the low to mid spenders because of their sheer numbers pay the bills.

Somehow Gree has to find away to allow the low to mid spenders to compete with the whales. If the low to mid spenders start quitting, GREE has a problem. I wonder if that is what has happened in CC.

I think the answer here in all three games was the introduction of events to give playerss a few bits they can build up over time and low or mid spenders can gain even more with crates to get higher than normal item stats with a chance to get a few very high gold/gem items for a lower price... scratchies are another good idea as well.. I only play CC for fun. No strategy to it.

I think they really need to bring in a cas rate for gold/gem items like a weekly revive give them all low cas rates so all the big wigs can hurt each other for fun and lower players can actually disable gold units for a few days... otherwise its you can't hurt me... I can't hurt you... boring.

Arizona
07-26-2012, 07:24 AM
I think they really need to bring in a cas rate for gold/gem items like a weekly revive give them all low cas rates so all the big wigs can hurt each other for fun and lower players can actually disable gold units for a few days... otherwise its you can't hurt me... I can't hurt you... boring.

I like that idea, but no chance of it happening. Gold units were bought knowing they were indestructible. The Gold bugs will be crying foul, and rightly so if their Indy units now have an Achilles Heal. Perhaps withdrawing future gold units, and introducing a new category with your suggestions might work...The Silver unit. LOL

Thief
07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Saigon Not sure if you read What i put in a threat awhile back but i would love to see the introduction of Silver :P

The biggest issue i see with trading Cash for gold is "Gold Inflation"

First 20 Million Cash shouldn't buy you 1500 gold. A fair ratio i think would be 10 Million=50-100 Gold Bars. (know i know that free players will hate me for this comment but know i'm that same player and i'll tell you why it's soo steep)

The ability to earn Cash is near unlimited in this game and the longer you play the more each person has access to earn. While the IPH event doesn't support my numbers i would say anyone that has been playing this game for 6 months or more should have a IPH of 250k+. This number will keep growing and by it's nature is fine since Cash can only buy you upgrades to buildings (which get increasingly more expensive or units that will die sooner or later) This keeps inflation a non issue.

However since Gold Represent "REAL MONEY" the gold in the game is limited. Also the purchases you make can be exclusive and "immortal". This makes gold highly desirable. Gold players pay hundreds to even thousands of dollars to play this game and would feel almost cheated if i could spend 20 million cash to get the same of what someone spends $100 "REAL Dollars" to play. However if i had to pay 150-300 million cash then they wouldn't notice nearly as soon. However what would happen is more and more gold would exist. While events, refills and buildings wouldn't have a noticable impact to the game gold Units would. This in turn would make the value of those units in the long run go down in value and 6 months to a year down the road Gree would have to change the Vault size from 1500 gold bars to 2000 gold bars for the same $99. (honestly they already do this anyways by offering better units for the same gold)

Whats the solution? SILVER? WHAT? No seriously. Make a new currency. Silver is what you can convert your Cash into. Silver can be used on Events, Stamina and health refills and buildings (you can set whatever price ratio compared to gold you feel is required. I would reccomend 10 Silver would be the equivalant to 1 gold bar on the items you can purchase with silver as a substitute to gold for thematic reasons and 10 million cash would get you 500-1000 Silver) However you can't buy special units in the game with silver. I would love to be able to buy these units with silver but gree is a compnany that still wants some exclusives for their paying customers. These are the most powerful thing to buy with gold and i think it should stay that way.

On Additional notes you could add some better units that only Silver/gold can buy (not limited editions just more units). You could add a completely different Vault for us to store Silver (Vault Size 10,000?) (gotta give the gold players a new item to attack for) and you could even build a Silver Mine building to produce Silver. This is something you could pitch that would probably get accepted in my eyes.

~Ace
By the way for my idea i need 1500 Gold Bars hahaha

Tanner
07-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Saigon Not sure if you read What i put in a threat awhile back but i would love to see the introduction of Silver :P

+10 internets.

That silver idea is pretty awesome.