PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall app due to invalid game data

jojofromdabronx
07-25-2012, 05:17 AM
So while collecting my loft I go to bank and get the message "Crime City wasn't able to load due to invalid game data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing." When searching the forums most people are recommending restarting the app or waiting and the issue resolves on its own. I did not find any posts actually following through with the reinstall. I put a full battery in my phon and have done multiple resets of the phone and still get this message.

Anyone ever have to do the full reinstall? Any advice?

BOS
07-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Have you hacked/changed the game files on your Android?

Boof
07-25-2012, 05:31 AM
I've had that issue on my unhacked Android device. I simply uninstalled the CC app and reinstalled in from the Google store and everything worked fine for me.

jojofromdabronx
07-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Have you hacked/changed the game files on your Android?

No/No.

I've had that issue on my unhacked Android device. I simply uninstalled the CC app and reinstalled in from the Google store and everything worked fine for me.
did you have to put any info in to get your character back?

mxz
07-25-2012, 06:31 AM
You shouldn't need to input annoying to get your character back, at least on iOS you just pick up where you left off after the reinstall.

Boof
07-25-2012, 06:55 AM
No/No.

did you have to put any info in to get your character back?

No - Funzio associates your account with your IMEI (unique identifier for your phone). So, as long as you're using the same device your account will be restored without any other action by you.

jojofromdabronx
07-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks. I did the reinstall and I did not have to put any info in as you folks stated. I restarted the game and it was as if nothing had happened. All gold there and no change on my hood like collection times. Thanks.

dudeman
07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I did the reinstall and I did not have to put any info in as you folks stated. I restarted the game and it was as if nothing had happened. All gold there and no change on my hood like collection times. Thanks.

That happened to me once, a long time ago now. Maybe December.

Vile Lynn
07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
That happened to me once, a long time ago now. Maybe December.
Dudeman... now when you post, you sound like Bender.

jobadass
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Dudeman... now when you post, you sound like Bender.apologies to OP for going OT... Good to see you Violin!

Plux
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Well done Apple :-)

coachbob
07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
No - Funzio associates your account with your IMEI (unique identifier for your phone). So, as long as you're using the same device your account will be restored without any other action by you.

This worked perfectly. Thanks.

Jayo-XK1
07-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Had the exact msg befor i just waited bout n hr n had no issues at all

Pierce
07-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I have found that on my Android uninstalling and reinstalling the app every few weeks keeps the data usage way down and makes the app run much faster. I at least make sure to reinstall before every syndicate battle- It makes a HUGE difference for me!