PDA

View Full Version : Algorithm for the 2 hour cooldown

mxz
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Has it been figured out how this is done? I've got a weak no-banker on my news feed and trying to maximize my gains.

My presumption is that it's one of these four ways:

1. Fixed window: 10 successful attacks in a given server clocked period (e.g. 7pm-9pm) leaves that person immune for the next 2 clocked hours (e.g. 9pm-11pm) (probably the least likely)
2. First in group: any 10 attacks in a given 2 hour period leaves that player immune for 2 hours after the initial attack
3. Last in group: any 10 attacks in a given 2 hour period leaves that player immune for 2 hours after the last attack
4. Rolling window: after an attack a timer is started for 2 hours. Player would be immune if 10 timers are running (and not yet reached 0).

Guess would be #4...but wasn't sure if this had been researched.

Second Comming
07-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Id guess 4 aswell, probably 2hours per attack click but thats just a guess.

Euchred
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
In my experience if you get attacked once at 5 oclock and then 9 more times at 5:30 you can be attacked ten more times at 7 o'clock.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I'd agree with #4. This could probably be tested as follows:

1) Attack someone from your news feed 6 times
2) 30 minutes later, attack the same person 4 more times
3) 2 hours from the original 6 attacks, attack again and record the # of successful attacks. If you can only attack 6 times before the player is too beat up, then it's probably a rolling window.

I'm sure there are other ways to test, but this sounds pretty simple to me.

mxz
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd agree with #4. This could probably be tested as follows:

1) Attack someone from your news feed 6 times
2) 30 minutes later, attack the same person 4 more times
3) 2 hours from the original 6 attacks, attack again and record the # of successful attacks. If you can only attack 6 times before the player is too beat up, then it's probably a rolling window.

I'm sure there are other ways to test, but this sounds pretty simple to me.Good call. This is exactly what I decided to test. Did 4 right after posting, waited until 6:30EDT and hit him 4 more times, and then twice at 7EDT at which point it locked me out. In about a half hour I should be able to hit him 4 times before he goes immune again if we're correct.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Good call. This is exactly what I decided to test. Did 4 right after posting, waited until 6:30EDT and hit him 4 more times, and then twice at 7EDT at which point it locked me out. In about a half hour I should be able to hit him 4 times before he goes immune again if we're correct.

Me too. I'm using 3 test subjects, just in case one or two of them get beat down before I re-visit them :D

Brooklyn Boy
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Me too. I'm using 3 test subjects, just in case one or two of them get beat down before I re-visit them :D

Who you kidding P you can't beat anybody anyway! Lol!

Paulio
07-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Who you kidding P you can't beat anybody anyway! Lol!

Aww shot! Dem fighting' words, bud.

mxz
07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Ok my results got all fudged up. The first 4 came back in beautifully. Since then the other 4 I was expecting haven't come back into play. Clocks may be a little off or someone else swooped in and stole the hits.

itzkakarot
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm a no-banker, and judging by the lucky few who've managed to hit me, I've been hit > 10 times within 2 hours, so I'd also agree with the Rolling Window theory.

And for the record, camping the same individual every 2 hours isn't cool. I'm just sayin...

I hope you at least will ally-up if they ask you to.

mxz
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
And for the record, camping the same individual every 2 hours isn't cool. I'm just sayin...

I hope you at least will ally-up if they ask you to.He was stalking me for about 2 weeks before he sold off all his buildings. We lost each other for a few days presumably due to me leveling up after farming some of the new explosives. He hit me today when I missed my midday 8hr collection.

So if he's going to give up, sell his buildings and just stalk people I don't see anything wrong with relieving him of some of that cash the newsfeed is offering.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Ok, here are the results of the first run:

Subject #1:
4:16 PM - attacked 6 times
4:46 PM - attacked 4 times
6:20 PM - attacked 10 times

Subject #2:
Same results as above

Subject #3:
4:18 PM - attacked 5 times
4:48 PM - attacked 5 times
5:21 PM - too beat up to fight (I'm guessing somebody else came along and attacked him before I could)

The results from subject 1 and 2 seem to agree with the "First in group," but I'll run some more samples.

@Itzkakarot, I agree with you that it isn't cool to farm the same person every two hours. But, for the purpose of this test, I will have to. I will use different players the next time around though.

Paulio
07-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Day 2

Subject #1:
10:33 AM - attacked 6 times
12:10 PM - attacked 4 times (then was too beat up)
1:01 PM - attacked 1 time (then was too beat up)

Subject #2:
10:36 AM - attacked 5 times
12:12 PM - attacked 10 times (interesting...)
1:01 PM - too beat up

Subject #3:
10:40 AM - attacked 4 times
12:14 PM - attacked 2 times (then too beat - I think someone got to him first)
1:01 PM - attacked 1 time (then was too beat up)

mxz
07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Someone else has been hitting my huckleberry or I've got a whole new set of odd data. I don't have anyone else on my newsfeed I can poach...so thanks for your contributions, Paulio.

itzkakarot
07-25-2012, 11:26 AM
He was stalking me for about 2 weeks before he sold off all his buildings. We lost each other for a few days presumably due to me leveling up after farming some of the new explosives. He hit me today when I missed my midday 8hr collection.

So if he's going to give up, sell his buildings and just stalk people I don't see anything wrong with relieving him of some of that cash the newsfeed is offering.
Fair enough. Re-stalking is a different story :)

Paulio
07-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Day 3

Subject #1:
12:10 - attacked 4 times
12:52 - too beat up

Subject #2:
12:11 - attacked 5 times
12:52 - attacked 5 times (then too beat up)

Subject #3:
12:12 - attacked 6 times
12:53 - attacked 2 times (then too beat up)

mxz
07-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice! Thanks a lot for your contributions. I'm suspending research on my subject due to his increasing ATM status w/ other players (I can't explain the results I'm getting any other way) and just farming him as much I can in my run up to a NC ($33.5m...)

Until then...you the man!

Paulio
08-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, I've carried on testing this theory, but haven't posted the results. Often, subjects end up falling off my newsfeed within a day, so I can't always complete the tests. Today, I got the most consistent results yet (below), which brings me to the conclusion that the 2 hr window begins after the initial attack and is not a rolling period window.

Subject #1:
1:22 - attacked 4 times
2:37 - attacked 6 times (then too beat up)
3:42 - attacked 10 times (then too beat up)

Subject #2:
1:23 - attacked 5 times
2:38 - attacked 5 times (then too beat up)
3:43 - attacked 10 times (then too beat up)

Subject #3:
1:24 - attacked 6 times
2:38 - attacked 4 times (then too beat up)
3:44 - attacked 10 times (then too beat up)

Subject #4:
1:26 - attacked 5 times
2:40 - attacked 5 times (then too beat up)
3:45 - attacked 10 times (then too beat up)

Lonestoner
08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
So you're concluding that the timer starts from the first attack, but the immunity obviously only begins after the tenth attack? If so, I wonder if that means regardless of immunity or not, their "defeats" timer resets after two hours.. For example, if you only successfully attack them twice, then come back two hours later and could hit them ten times again. Not really a logical decision, just curious..

Paulio
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Lonestoner, I believe that is correct. If you successfully attack a player twice, then come back approximately 2 hours later, you should be able to attack them 10 more times before they are too beat up. That's the reason why I attacked each subject approximately one hour after the first set of attacks - to determine if the timer was a rolling period for each attack or based solely on the first set of attacks.

Lonestoner
08-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Definitely makes sense. I wish this, and SO many other little bits of information were readily available somewhere on this forum (if not kept secret). I remember reading something about GREE being more transparent than funzio has been previously.. Good, I'm ready to see it. Thanks for the info :D

Paulio
08-13-2012, 05:04 PM
No prob bro. But most of the thanks goes to mxz for bringing up the idea in the first place. I only ran the tests :D

EDIT: If you're looking for useful info, here's where the updated best of the best guides:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Lonestoner
08-13-2012, 05:23 PM
EDIT: If you're looking for useful info, here's where the updated best of the best guides:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Got a bookmark with that exact thread on it, thanks for all the work in putting that together, it's been quite helpful so far :)

Paulio
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Got a bookmark with that exact thread on it, thanks for all the work in putting that together, it's been quite helpful so far :)

You're welcome, but once again, not me :) Spartacus put that together.