PDA

View Full Version : Two buildings constructing at the same time

BDouble
07-24-2012, 02:38 PM
so, i bought my first office building. i decided to rearrange the buildings my hood a while later. i moved my office building to the other side of my hood. i was astonished to see the office building was still in its old place... with the another one where i had moved it.

i've now had two office buildings constructing in my hood since friday. they both have around 90 hours left with a time difference of twenty seconds.

Whats should i do?

i was thinking of reporting it but surely the one of them will disappear by the time construction is complete?

p.s the second building hasnt improved my income per hour... yet lol

joaquim
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Wait until construction is finished. If the second one is still there contact support about it.

Sandukan
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Wait until construction is finished. If the second one is still there contact support about it.
You turn money in to the police you find on the street don't you?

mxz
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Wait until construction is finished. If the second one is still there contact support about it.And give up that great income?!

Haha, people can be so honest when it's an error in someone else's favor.

TRAZ
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a glitch. Report it.

joaquim
07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
You turn money in to the police you find on the street don't you?

And give up that great income?!

Haha, people can be so honest when it's an error in someone else's favor.

He said that he moved it and there was an error and now there's 2 office buildings building at the same time. You can't build 2 buildings at the same time it's considered a cheat. Secondly he only purchased 1 office building but there's 2 building so there will likely be another one in the store. 3 office buildings is very tempting but you can only have 2 of each building so there you'd have another cheat/glitch. I'd love the idea of building 2 office buildings or any other good building at once but it's not allowed.

Second Comming
07-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Well, just wait and see what happens on completion, I would not build a 3rd (if that becomes a possibility) because you will be reported and funziow will remove one.

Let it ride for now, its a glitch and if you do tell funzio, dont do it out of honesty, do it if you think letting funzio know wi help stop the glitch from occuring again.

BDouble
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM
i cant buy a third one as there isnt one in the store! i wish i could now i didnt think of that before lol

Second Comming
07-24-2012, 04:53 PM
If the actual second one has disapeared from the stall it sounds like you might have got two for the price of one at the same time - small occurances like that are quite nice on the rare occasion they happen.

BDouble
07-25-2012, 10:41 AM
i dont understand how that would happen. everything was normal until decided to move the building around four hours later.

enahs1
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Why the hell would your report it? It's a glitch and it has happened before. It's due to weak signal. They will both complete at the same time and you will have 2 office buidlings for the price of one. You cannot build a 3rd one and you are lucky

iteachem
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Why the hell would your report it?

Because any glitch can be turned into a cheat and some of us would rather play by the rules

jobadass
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM
If you didn't do it intentionally, congrats. If you build a 3rd, you'd be cheating (kinda). Since you can't build a 3rd, enjoy the extra income for nothing.

enahs1
07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Because any glitch can be turned into a cheat and some of us would rather play by the rules
It can't be turned into a cheat... It has happened twice to people on the forum. Only TWICE since march. No one knows what it is due to but I believe it happens when you have a week signal.

Olly1
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
This happened to me months ago (prob around Jan/Feb) when I was building my first History Museum whilst I was traveling. I had rubbish signal and it kept timing out when I tried to build it. Eventually it started the build but there was another one building on top of it at the same time

BDouble
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
i did have weak signal when i was moving my buildings around.

jobadass
07-25-2012, 01:55 PM
This happened to me months ago (prob around Jan/Feb) when I was building my first History Museum whilst I was traveling. I had rubbish signal and it kept timing out when I tried to build it. Eventually it started the build but there was another one building on top of it at the same timeso now we have the "bad wifi" glitch. Add it to the list

Olly1
07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
so now we have the "bad wifi" glitch. Add it to the list

It was quite a while ago and it hasn't happened to me since. I often use CC in weak signal areas too (train, traveling etc). With any luck it's already been fixed

ShawnBB
07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
You mean like this?
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/978c2de7.jpg

I had this glitch at MW months ago.

Olly1
07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Yep that's it, but with mine one construction overlapped the other slightly so it was on top of the other one

iteachem
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
It can't be turned into a cheat... It has happened twice to people on the forum. Only TWICE since march. No one knows what it is due to but I believe it happens when you have a week signal.

Well based on the the followup posts it happens more often than that. And now that this thread is up and running, I wouldn't doubt some people will try to figure it out how to reproduce it. Just because the origin is not fully understood doesn't mean it cannot potentially be exploited into a cheat and given how rare it appears to be, I am sure the developers would appreciate any information that would help them isolate and identify the root cause, build in a solution.

Sasha54
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
To me - this is not a cheat. It is along the lines of getting a couple of extra 20's out of the bank machine - do you run into the bank and give it back to them?

I don't .....

If Funzio can't get a handle on their glitches and bad programming - thats not my problem, and compounded by the fact that they don't act on "real" cheats - I don't think taking advantage of bad code is cheating - but since everyone is overly critical of it I would probably not start a thread about it.

Sasha54
07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Well based on the the followup posts it happens more often than that. And now that this thread is up and running, I wouldn't doubt some people will try to figure it out how to reproduce it. Just because the origin is not fully understood doesn't mean it cannot potentially be exploited into a cheat and given how rare it appears to be, I am sure the developers would appreciate any information that would help them isolate and identify the root cause, build in a solution.

I tend to disagree. Funzio is not responding well to complaints OR suggestions as to what players want to see in the game

Therefore not my job to help them research their bugs and if they don't have a competent group of developers - that's not my issue.

iteachem
07-25-2012, 02:33 PM
To me - this is not a cheat. It is along the lines of getting a couple of extra 20's out of the bank machine - do you run into the bank and give it back to them?

Oh I agree its not a cheat by any means, just a game glitch and I don't believe the developers have given up on this game and would appreciate knowledge. I just think it has the potential..

Oh and yes I would give back the extra 20s as in most of the bank screwups the eventually identify the mistake and track down the beneficiary. If you knowingly kept it they would figure out a way to penalize youi

iteachem
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
I tend to disagree. Funzio is not responding well to complaints OR suggestions as to what players want to see in the game

I disagree ....I believe they are slow but.. at least four of the cheaters I reported were locked/frozen in the game. We asked for leaderboards and they arrived. They introduced several new aspects of the game recently...scratchers, non consumable explosives that can be looted... all of this during a change in the companies management....

enahs1
07-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I said two times. That was the first time, this threads was the second time

jobadass
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM

I don't .....

If Funzio can't get a handle on their glitches and bad programming - thats not my problem, and compounded by the fact that they don't act on "real" cheats - I don't think taking advantage of bad code is cheating - but since everyone is overly critical of it I would probably not start a thread about it.Yep... exactly.. Sahsa, do you have a relative named jobadass? LOL
We even got Teach thinking it useless to find/fight the cheaters. He and Fuzzy have put more time and effort into the great cause than most.
It's all for nothing if Funzio doesn't back us up.

BDouble
07-26-2012, 12:16 PM
lets see if they do anything buildings will be finished by tomorrow