PDA

View Full Version : Question about defense

Kentha
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi

When u look at a players profile you see his defense.
But when u attack him, a lower defense shows in the attack box...
Sometimes there is a difference in as much as 10k....

Anyone care to explain me why...? :)

Kentha

Cool Fella
07-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Could it be the defensive buildings?. When you look at the profile the defense # includes everything but the attack box only shows his mafia defense?

outbackhat
07-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Profile is paper total looks good but not whole story. One that show in results box is real, usually lower do to alot of highly upgraded defense buildings (bad idea) and sometimes by having a mafia total alot above 500.

sexkitteh
07-24-2012, 09:44 AM
yeah - if the player has many many many highlevel defense buildings, his TRUE defense will be much lower.

My rule of thumb is look at his attack (this is not always accurate by the way - but it's a good indication).

If his attack is 10k and his defense is 20k - chances are his TRUE defense is around the 12-14k.

And ALSO a good way to gauge his defense if you think you can beat him, find a laundromat to attack... that will give you atrue defense and they are easier to rob than other buildings.

Daniel2115
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Profile is paper total looks good but not whole story. One that show in results box is real, usually lower do to alot of highly upgraded defense buildings (bad idea) and sometimes by having a mafia total alot above 500.

Why would having over 500 mafia change anything? It doesnt keep counting the defense stats past 500

outbackhat
07-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Having over 500 will cause totals to go up because game credits them as being available and equipped, even though they won't fight. So when you fight them you get total for those being used. Just what happens, lost over 4000 a & d when I dropped from 1600 to where I am now. My true number did not go down.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
yeah - if the player has many many many highlevel defense buildings, his TRUE defense will be much lower.

^This.

The defense shown on the stats page is only the "advertised" defense, but the defense shown in the Fights Results page is your opponent's true defense. Defense buildings add to both your advertised and true defense, but each time you upgrade them they add less and less to your true defense. It's the law of diminishing returns. That's why you'll notice someone with many upgraded bodyguard agencies ALWAYS has much lower true defense than what is advertised on their stats page.

The lesson to take from this: Defense buildings are good, but don't upgrade them too much. I, personally, wouldn't upgrade them beyond level 3, but some people say even that's too high.

Swearengen
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
^This.

The defense shown on the stats page is only the "advertised" defense, but the defense shown in the Fights Results page is your opponent's true defense. Defense buildings add to both your advertised and true defense, but each time you upgrade them they add less and less to your true defense. It's the law of diminishing returns. That's why you'll notice someone with many upgraded bodyguard agencies ALWAYS has much lower true defense than what is advertised on their stats page.

The lesson to take from this: Defense buildings are good, but don't upgrade them too much. I, personally, wouldn't upgrade them beyond level 3, but some people say even that's too high.

Paulio - think your right & wrong here.

Don't upgrade them past 3 or 4 initially. It needs to be done in scale with your resources (econ, time, etc...). It doesn't make sense to say upgrade all your gattlings to 10, if you can get a more immediate def bonus (more pts, less money & time) from adding lvl 1 surv center, etc...

Like many things in CC, it is more about timing and the long haul IMO...

Paulio
07-24-2012, 11:07 AM
So you would go to lvl 4 and possibly beyond?

Also, I'm only building turrets (maxed on Gatling and working on missile). I have few other defense buildings, because they take so much space.

Swearengen
07-24-2012, 11:27 AM
I would go beyond only at a certain point. Once I have my 50 gattlings, 50 surv center, whatever, upgraded to lvl 3 or 4, then although you get decreasing return per upgrade, it is still an overall effective def increase.

Kentha
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the answers guys.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I would go beyond only at a certain point. Once I have my 50 gattlings, 50 surv center, whatever, upgraded to lvl 3 or 4, then although you get decreasing return per upgrade, it is still an overall effective def increase.

Wow, 50 survey centers - Isn't that going to take up a lot of room? Can you pm me your mafia code? I'd like to check out your hood.

Swearengen
07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't have 50 surv centers, just saying once you get 50 of whatever you pick (top def structures). You are right it takes up allot of space, but if you expand all the way out, you have the room. As pointed out by some others, you can have a great econ (if your into that) without using a ton of room by upgrading bldgs to lvl 10, so you can also use a good amount of space for def bldgs if you want.

i don't have have even close to 50 def buildings, just 50 gattlings currently...but I have seen some that do.

iteachem
07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
One question in all of this? How many people playing that aren't forum members do you believe have any idea of how little defensive buildings contribute beyond the 2nd or 3rd upgrade. Reason being everytime I hit someone with huge number of upgraded defense, they are literally shocked that I was able to rob them.

That being said, I guess I wonder if the "show" prevents all but a few from taking shots. Do those with upgraded defensive buildings feel like they are left alone by all but a few because of the high profile number. Without these forums I wouldn't be hitting 3/4 of the people I take shots at now