PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed - May be a free player from now on Tactics?

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 07:32 AM
New plans.

I’m waiting to see the outcome of some big bug issues I have had recently with the game and some bugs that have resulted in some serious wasted gold… serious wasted gold, and an entire missing second account.

So… in the meantime here is where I am going with the game and my thoughts. I am after feedback from other players to my thoughts below. If you are new to the forums and see my massive posts, either skip it like many or take the time… those who do often tell me they were happy they did.

THIS POST is about Crates/LE’s/Event items mixed with free play and low IPH… basically me.

I find myself in a conundrum at the moment. I have sworn to myself I will spend no further money on CC, KA and MW unless I am 100% satisfied with the eventual outcome of my situation from GREE/FUNZIO. I imagine I will hear something soon enough.

On the basis I will be playing free from now on I have had to give long hard thought to what I know, have read and where I can go with what I already have.

My thoughts were, even though I am a UK player I need to work out how to try to reduce my losses from being attacked while still positioning myself for being an effective attacker.

To work my strategy out I have the following data available to me, curious to see others assessment of tactics with this situation:

I have 303 Indestructible units with base defense above 16 so far. Stealth Bombers will give me my highest attack scores achievable within the next couple of weeks. They have a defense value of 16 so can sit behind 303 indestructible units PLUS any Cash, Drop and old residual Valor units I have or pick up

On this basis as I gain Event items with greater def scores than 16 I can grow my allies while keeping my best cash attack units from being killed when attacked and maximising my number of allies.

You might ask what about aircraft carriers and so on… well simply put they cost money or valor and can die, and they have much higher def values with lower or similar attack values. This would mean I would to protect them from dying need to decrease my ally size far far more than if I buy NO defensive units for now.

On this basis I can field say 75 Allies or 300 units. (currently down to 100 and decreasing once all my 500 perishable units die off that can be fielded with 100 allies.

With the best defensive position determined to prevent ANY loss of attack units I can field soon I need to look at my attack list. Again looking at how many units I have above or equal to 50 attack (to build in the max number of Stealth Bombers needed to make up the remaining 300 attack units) that can’t die I get. I have 113. So that means I have the capacity to improve my attack using this tactic with a max of 187 Stealth Bombers… plenty to keep me busy then. Sitting under that is already more than 400 undying units that will slowly be replaced in attack by the stealth bombers or step up when I lose them in a fight and can’t afford to replace them straight away. (again not including the hundreds of perishables I field already that can be thrown away for now).

So I feel I have a tactic that will create an army that can’t be raised at all when defending off attackers and will allow me to improve steadily my attack ability without spending further gold and only in game cash.. supplemented by free event items! So for every 4 event items with Def’s greater than 16 I can add one more ally and then field 4 more bombers less those same event items that already exceed 50 attack.

Slow, steady and free on top of what I have now. But it will mean a low ally count but a VERY VERY powerful and strong play technique… and I’ll use some of my remaining gold (Flan don’t hurrah this) to change to RUSSIA for the next 12 months or so using this tactic.

Feed back or thoughts?

CAPT.GIN
07-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Sorry kod that wa tooooo long for me to read... Can you say all that again but a lot shorter...

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry kod that wa tooooo long for me to read... Can you say all that again but a lot shorter...

I can kick your arse and you can't kick mine... buns of steel... that sort of thing... that's my ADHD suffer's version

enahs1
07-24-2012, 07:42 AM
I can kick your arse and you can't kick mine... buns of steel... that sort of thing... that's my ADHD suffer's version
That's a good idea, but why no aircraft carriers?

CAPT.GIN
07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh ok i see... So you buy gold in MW and kingdom?

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh ok i see... So you buy gold in MW and kingdom?

As of now... pending... Did. CC doesn't count I only play that to de-stress from the intensity of MW and lesser degree KA... which is starting a big boss event soon I believe (yay)

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 08:03 AM
That's a good idea, but why no aircraft carriers?

Simple, their def score is in the 40's... so I'd be exposing units to being killed in progressive attacks against me and their attack is only 27. As I can simply use ally numbers as my actual shield due to the sheer number of units that cant die I have, I want to field as many allies as I can to best effect. As soon as I add Aircraft carriers I would have to reduce my allies to about 20 to make sure my aircraft carries can't die in a defense... and then I have no need for attack units as I have well over 100 undying units that have attack scores in the 100's

The point here is to field an army as LARGE as possible using the existing undying units I have available... since the best way to do this is to field the highest attack units I can buy with cash that ALSO have the lowest defense score I can get. This means that even if 100 players smash me day in day out.. they cannot EVER kill off one single unit of mine that defends.... and THEN I can attack back with the highest possible attack score my ally count can field between new cash and old gold units.

It is just luck that the Stealth Bomber has the highest attack ratings and the lowest def ratings allowing this phenomenon to be played out. Any and ALL attack units with attack scores high enough to actually get involved when I hit someone that also have a high def rating place them in the position to be killed by other players attacking me.

The cost to me in GDP in the game is not good enough to bother. So the ONLY unit I will ever buy is the Stealth Bomber because it's all I need if I intend to stay in a position that attackers can never ever damage me economically by destroying my defending units.

Speak to me in a year when I have access to the Special Ops plane and my tactics will open up...

Everson25
07-24-2012, 08:14 AM
It's great to have the possibility to have an army of indestructible units. I wish I could do the same but at the same time made me think that some of valor units are not that bad. I thought as an aggressive player as you are, you must have a lot of valor points. Am I wrong? What do you do with them? Or that's not something you rely on?

Of course, I'm not an expert and rarely give me my opinion on strategies from my fellow forum friends so you can ignore me if you feel it was a stupid observation or if I missed the point.

Boom
07-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm not glad I read it. JK. I guess good plan...

manbeast
07-24-2012, 08:25 AM
so you are basically making yourself invulnerable to the pirates?? I can't think of any other reason you'd be so concerned about losing units while defending.

Also- the elite ops jet is way overpriced and casualty rate is not very good. I wouldn't buy them.

Miner
07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I just wish we could correct the typo in "disappointed" in the thread title...

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 08:41 AM
It's great to have the possibility to have an army of indestructible units. I wish I could do the same but at the same time made me think that some of valor units are not that bad. I thought as an aggressive player as you are, you must have a lot of valor points. Am I wrong? What do you do with them? Or that's not something you rely on?

Of course, I'm not an expert and rarely give me my opinion on strategies from my fellow forum friends so you can ignore me if you feel it was a stupid observation or if I missed the point.

Stacks of valor and throw it around for PvP, losses for some reason always kill my attack drones and stealth ships over my High cas rate infantry like bio warfare and commandos... I'll lose an attack drone AND a stealth ship 4 times in a row before I'd lose a single high cas rate infantry.

At one point I had about 200 of every valor unit up to Attack Drones, but they have whittled away. I have not been playing long enough to have a high IPH or have developed high levels in troop buildings so valor units have been my most powerful to field for some time. I now need to build IPH which will take a very long time, becuase all my PvP has placed me in the early 100's for level in under 90 days of playing... I can't maintain let alone field powerful units other than valor, so have to start back peddling to keep them alive and start re-accumulating valor. I can probably save 10,000-15,000 valor a week with PvP and minimal losses now I have dropped so many allies.

So to answer your question I have used valor like slower players use IPH and high attack cash units... I ust can;t maintain the losses anymore with no IPH & cash units to speak off to fill the gaps yet.

Tctiger
07-24-2012, 08:41 AM
way i see it there is two options , camp it out for years building iph and high end units and by the time you build up an army mw2 will be out ! , or build as you go with what you can get and and afford to get enough of to make a difference ,gradually moving up the units as you go, collecting gold units from events , if i hit whale zone and it all goes pete tong i will run and hide by dropping down to around 4 allies so i have a little all gold army then camp and build and still play box events and do loads of misssions as leveling up won't matter anymore . what else can you do ?

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 08:47 AM
so you are basically making yourself invulnerable to the pirates?? I can't think of any other reason you'd be so concerned about losing units while defending.

Also- the elite ops jet is way overpriced and casualty rate is not very good. I wouldn't buy them.

Sort of and no... I need time to go back a few steps and build Income up and cash units. Having played for less than 90 days I have found myself very high level very quickly and no ability to support decent ally expansion without opening up to losses I actually can't afford to replace. This is sort of a Invulnerable turtle approach but after already accelerating to a high level and stronger enemies. Without spending more on high powered gold units or eating up my valor on what should be cash units taking the brunt of losses I need to back pedal and find a way to still enjoy what I like most ... PvP, so I don't become bored. I had very little patience when I started his game but now see why it would have been much more beneficial to go slower.

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 08:48 AM
I just wish we could correct the typo in "disappointed" in the thread title...

Oh yes me too!!!!! as soon as I hit post I saw it on a re-read and cringed.... I wish you could edit those rotten headers.

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm not glad I read it. JK. I guess good plan...

Hi Boom... still new to forum lingo so had to (sadly admit this) look up JK. I only said that on my post as a joke myself because I get bagged a lot for writing more than the reading attention span of an average American can handle which I am lead to believe is slightly less than the name of a food product on packaging... I think that's why all logo's are so important. JK. I really do love Americans... truly... but an Englishman's accent is far sexier (James Bond types not cockney?) lol hi Bron if you read this. Sorry McDoc, but you're Superman to balance that!

Thief
07-24-2012, 09:41 AM
@KOD. Well the first issue is what is you IPH?

Next is your Goal to simply be immune to attacks? I guess my question is why? You can by Military Ambuilances and Sea Scouts for 110k and under. (Sea Scouts only would work if you stay UK and not Change to Russia..assuming boost buildings are same levels) But even if you went with Russia then you can still buy Military Ambuilances for 84k. If you have a solid income then you can replace these every few min. I had (still have but they will start being phased out for SSD) 1,000 MA's and with that many would only loose one every 2.5 attacks on me. Now i'm not advocating you need to do the same but look at how many Allies you actually want to bring into battle and then add the required MA's (i would probably double that amount if you are really worried about being beat down. If at any point in time you notice you have become a target then you can simply drop back down to 75 allies.)

Your Number 1 Priority above all Else shoulbe be to first make sure you have EVERY free cash building that is in the game (as i know your higher than level 60) I know this seems obvious but i come across so many bases that don't have this done yet. Also if you bought gold buildings that produce cash then that's great (hopefully a couple geothermal plants as they pay huge dividens) Based on your comment that you have been playing 90 days and you have access to every available building then your IPH should be in excess of 200K probably closer to 250K however knowing that you were a gold player you could have had different strategies.

Right now though if you do want to go free player you should re-prioritize to get MONEY. No it's not the most exciting but you still have offense from your 300+ gold army right? How many Stealth bombers (which i should point out cost 3.6 Million apiece) can you buy that will be higher than your current gold army? 150-200? (my Concern is this would cost 600 Million Dollars while not a ton in this game would still take you along time depending on your income and thats why income should be your top priority.

Just my 2 cents

~Ace

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 09:56 AM
@KOD. Well the first issue is what is you IPH?

Next is your Goal to simply be immune to attacks? I guess my question is why? You can by Military Ambuilances and Sea Scouts for 110k and under. (Sea Scouts only would work if you stay UK and not Change to Russia..assuming boost buildings are same levels) But even if you went with Russia then you can still buy Military Ambuilances for 84k. If you have a solid income then you can replace these every few min. I had (still have but they will start being phased out for SSD) 1,000 MA's and with that many would only loose one every 2.5 attacks on me. Now i'm not advocating you need to do the same but look at how many Allies you actually want to bring into battle and then add the required MA's (i would probably double that amount if you are really worried about being beat down. If at any point in time you notice you have become a target then you can simply drop back down to 75 allies.)

Your Number 1 Priority above all Else shoulbe be to first make sure you have EVERY free cash building that is in the game (as i know your higher than level 60) I know this seems obvious but i come across so many bases that don't have this done yet. Also if you bought gold buildings that produce cash then that's great (hopefully a couple geothermal plants as they pay huge dividens) Based on your comment that you have been playing 90 days and you have access to every available building then your IPH should be in excess of 200K probably closer to 250K however knowing that you were a gold player you could have had different strategies.

Right now though if you do want to go free player you should re-prioritize to get MONEY. No it's not the most exciting but you still have offense from your 300+ gold army right? How many Stealth bombers (which i should point out cost 3.6 Million apiece) can you buy that will be higher than your current gold army? 150-200? (my Concern is this would cost 600 Million Dollars while not a ton in this game would still take you along time depending on your income and thats why income should be your top priority.

Just my 2 cents

~Ace

Good advice and same as Bronson. My main reason for being indestructible is exactly the IPH issue... and that I don't want to sacrifice my enjoyment of this game which is nuking people...

My stats are:

Level 104
IPH $119k p/h
Allies 101
Att 26256
Def 24778
Att Skill 116
Def Skill 10
Stamina 56

My problem is compounded with big boss events and running out of cash by boss 23 each time and relying 100% on raiding to recover money.... I have been slowly expanding and building level 1 of most income buildings. Not taking hits on my cash units is important! Ambulances don't protect my other cash/valor units but I like the thinking... a) I need to unlock them, b) I need to be able to afford them.

I am finding players with 300-500 allies hitting me despite my ally count... Their stats are in the 40-50k's and that's mostly non gold units but far more than me an far higher level units. SO making myself invulnerable now is a must. But seeing the tactic I might start to expand slowly filling up my def list with those ambo's and tailoring my attack as best I can within the 18 def offset range. I.e. my nearly 200 Strike eagles could start to attack as well if I can build up the ambo's and allies to match....

You've given me some good food for thought... thank you for such a great post !

IPH is the killer and I am trying hard to build it. I have a few hundred gold left and intend to use it on Income buildings when land expands.

Thief
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Well as the old saying goes you have to have money to make money. Yea with 119k IPH your gonna be hurting for even if you were half your current size. This just makes me wish they had a function where you could make donations (say 5%-10% of your total cash to allied players once a day) That way we could get you enough money to quickly expand your base. I won't tell you how to run your base but in addition to building every income building make sure you are ALWAYS upgrading an income building. I know your good with numbers so i won't tell you how to calculate the ROI on your own base but obviously the first question is just figuring out with cash on hand which one you can afford and from there the upgrade time is the KILLER. (so much in so that there has been a couple times during upgrades that i had to just spend my money because i was going WAY over my vault size saving money during an upgrade)

As for getting attacked by people with 300+ allies i understand. I don't have a very strong army like yourself but i went max allies (primarily because of the boss) but also because i see players that have 1/4 the allies i have and i can attack them? Not sure how thats fair but i figured i would rather have the most defense possible. I however have the luxury of replacing my Cash units relatively easily as i notice when you hit 400k and you have all of the buildings income is very easy to keep increasing. (@550K right now but would be closer to 650K if it wasn't for changing my strategy because of the boss which i have spent over 100 million cash on between buying units and cash hits)

Two points.
1) Its interesting that with with only 101 allies you are able to make it to boss 23+ with cash hits (if i understood that correctly...makes me want to consider dropping allies for the next boss....which i know has been a debate)
2) Geothermal plant i believe is the best bang for your buck as i can usually collect 4x a day, they are low gold compared to some of the others, and you can upgrade them to level 3 with lower cash amount and LOW upgrade times. (currently mine is level 4 and i hope to get it to level 5 but that will cost 40 Million which i've had but the boss event started :( haha)

Anywyas if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. I love trying to "develop" strategies (theories) on how to maximize your base. I wish you the best and hopefully never come across you in battle with that bloodlust you have haha.

~Ace

Arizona
07-24-2012, 10:41 AM
So you're the player that dropped me!:mad:
As you have such a low IPH, I can see your point in building an invunerable force, otherwise who cares if you lose units defending.
I'm a free player and the only way for me to survive is to build IPH first. That way I'll have the money to replace anything that dies. My main purchases now are Stealth Bombers and Aircraft Carriers. All other units I buy are just to balance out my army and take the heat of my highest value units.
In order to build a good IPH, I need to stay low allies. It allows me to make the big money upgrades without having to fight as often to keep hold of my money. So in a way I've got a few things to focus on:
1. Get the money for the next big upgrade
2. Buy Stealth Bombers & Aircraft Carriers as often as possible and until IPH improves, at least one a day of either.
3. Supplement units with Event prizes.

I'd like to be able to do what you're doing but I don't have enough "indy" units. Good luck to you though.

Ryans67
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM
As for ROI, I made a spreadsheet with the IPH gain vs the upgrade time to see what upgrades gave me the most money in the shortest amount of time. Most of the top performers are the gold buildings, but the oil rigs and desal's are good also. Im level 109, and have spent three weeks camping to try and get my unit buildings up to par. It sucks. There is no easy order when you have to choose between boost buildings, IPH, and unit buildings. I did IPH buildings first, that way I could spend on expansion while I wait for the airbases to catch up. What I would pay for that upgrade time reduction item....lol.

Tanner
07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
So you're the player that dropped me!:mad:
As you have such a low IPH, I can see your point in building an invunerable force, otherwise who cares if you lose units defending.
I'm a free player and the only way for me to survive is to build IPH first. That way I'll have the money to replace anything that dies. My main purchases now are Stealth Bombers and Aircraft Carriers. All other units I buy are just to balance out my army and take the heat of my highest value units.
In order to build a good IPH, I need to stay low allies. It allows me to make the big money upgrades without having to fight as often to keep hold of my money. So in a way I've got a few things to focus on:
1. Get the money for the next big upgrade
2. Buy Stealth Bombers & Aircraft Carriers as often as possible and until IPH improves, at least one a day of either.
3. Supplement units with Event prizes.

I'd like to be able to do what you're doing but I don't have enough "indy" units. Good luck to you though.

Saigon, what is your ingamename? Are we allies? Are you a free player?

KOD, a hearty welcome to the free side! I swear the free side feels so much like ragtag band of militia men (& women) who don't have the best weapons, but have "heart" and ingenuity. From what I can tell of your interest in strategy and number crunching and tracking, you're going to really, really enjoying developing your strategies for upgrade, defense, offense, expansion, boss and loot events all the while not spending a dime.

I'm sure that there are a couple of people at least who consider this game a challenge to be completed/conquered WITHOUT spending, though they could spend if they chose to. In my case, I couldn't pull off the "full whale" so I thought why even spend a dime. Tapjoy is my friend (composites and someday maybe a money building)

and, since you asked for it, my $0.02

If I had even SOME golden army I would ally down to where I was 100% completely invincible and begin roasting some rivals. AS you well know, b/c you like PvP so much, there's plenty of $ to be made here. Sure your IPH is a bit of an issue, but the pioneer of PvP Profiteering, DigitalWalker (previously DigitalCamper), once posted that he'd reached 30MM, then 64MM by the next day. This post, and the ensuing discussion changed my perspectives on "earning" money. I try to choose rivals carefully, pick good solid raids, take the smallest EXP as possible, all the while earning the max cash I can per experience it costs me. As you can see, I still view experience points as a sort of casualty or disease that is pushing me closer to the edge of the deep end. I have no desire to be there!

anyway, looking forward to your progress as a formerly gold player turned free.

GL & HF! ;)

Crime City Mark
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
KoD, I suggest checking your PMs.

JMC
07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, it's going to take forever to get those stealth bombers. Probably most of those 12 months you plan to do this. That's way too long IMO. My strategy has always been to advance as quickly as possible off valor units and try to stay in a high position on my rivals lists. I will not be able to compete with heavy gold spenders, but neither would i be able if i had camped. Obviously i had the advantage of being one of the first players to play the game. However, if you've already camped out for a while and have a lot of gold units, you should be of sufficient strength to be above most players in your rivals lists as your raise through the levels off of gathering valor.

In the end many of the free player campers will see that they will not be able to build an army off of aircraft carriers and stealth bombers as the funds required are far too high. Also by the end all other money units will be of little or no use. Currently, i'm not sure if B-52 bombers even make it into my attack army, and if they do they are at the very bottom of it.
Stealth surveillance drones still make it into my defensive army, but as i gather more elite water cruisers they will be obsolete as well. Then, the only cash units that will be of use to me are the very expensive ones, that will take forever to accumilate. at 619k IPH i can only get possibly 2 aircraft carriers per day. And that's if i put every dollar made into them. By just attacking, even without valor missions i can get myself 4 or 5 elite water cruisers per day. Valor is the way to go with a free army, especially in the end.

Arizona
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
By just attacking, even without valor missions i can get myself 4 or 5 elite water cruisers per day. Valor is the way to go with a free army, especially in the end.

Iit's just the last part I'm interested in. How much valor do you get from one attack, how many attacks a day and what's the price and stats of an Elite Water Cruiser? (Is that the top rank valor unit)?

I'm going the SB and AC route at the moment, but I know I'll have to change one day, as I don't intend playing the same strategy or perhaps game for the next 2 or 3 years doing the same thing day in day out till I get close to 2000 of each. I'd die of boredom!

JMC
07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I usually average 10 valor per attack at my level and i do maybe around 300 attacks a day. I have 50 stamina so i only have to do a round of attacks every 2 and a half hours, which is pretty easy to handle.

Elite water cruiser is rewarded after completing the Major rank. Gives 41 attack and 65 defence, for 800 valor each.

Fl@sh
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
The aircraft carriers have such a low casualty rate, I would be more worried about having to keep up with the stealth bombers when losing them while attacking rivals.

SeqWins
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM

God you're so sexy

CasualPlayer
07-24-2012, 01:47 PM
God you're so sexy

Haha, love a bird who dominates!

el_gringo
07-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, it's going to take forever to get those stealth bombers. Probably most of those 12 months you plan to do this.

I'm not sure exactly where she is in the game and I c.b.a to read it all again, plus I don't know how far shes upgraded the relevant buildings, but it won't take that long, strategy dependent. Remember she won't be upgrading any other unit buildings either.

Also by the end all other money units will be of little or no use. Currently, i'm not sure if B-52 bombers even make it into my attack army, and if they do they are at the very bottom of it.

This however, is the big problem with any money led strategy now come a certain level. In a years time (probably before), Your prized money units won't be up to attacking 99% of peoples armys which will consist entirely of valour and indestructible units.

Agent Orange
07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
A logical strategy KOD. In terms of vulnerability dropping down to 75 allies will most certainly take you off the PUN radar screens since I don't think anyone is down that far ally wise in the high levels. At the same time your unit density will be high so anyone else with the same idea will probably leave you alone so two positives.

If I was a new player, I would not spend money on the game. Instead I would just hoover up as many free indestructible units I could through the boss challenge and events but that won't apply to you I suspect. The tweak my ally count so I only take those units into battle. Granted the game does seem to weight loot units but then they were free so no big deal loosing them.

The real problem there is really not much to do up in the high levels. It's like a screwed up Barney song, you attack me, I attack you and on and on it goes. I don't see the game getting any better so IMHO the best option to have fun playing is to play over again in the low levels but with the knowledge you have gained playing in the high levels. Since everything in the game seems to be either a flipping secret or screwed up you can take advantage of those who don't know the weird idiosyncrasies of the game.

albeezy
07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I get bagged a lot for writing more than the reading attention span of an average American can handle which I am lead to believe is slightly less than the name of a food product on packaging... I think that's why all logo's are so important. JK.

I hope you werent referring to me. JK. But seriously, if you have to premise your posts with a disclaimer that they may be too long, they probably are. JKA

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Well, it's going to take forever to get those stealth bombers. Probably most of those 12 months you plan to do this. That's way too long IMO. My strategy has always been to advance as quickly as possible off valor units and try to stay in a high position on my rivals lists. I will not be able to compete with heavy gold spenders, but neither would i be able if i had camped. Obviously i had the advantage of being one of the first players to play the game. However, if you've already camped out for a while and have a lot of gold units, you should be of sufficient strength to be above most players in your rivals lists as your raise through the levels off of gathering valor.

In the end many of the free player campers will see that they will not be able to build an army off of aircraft carriers and stealth bombers as the funds required are far too high. Also by the end all other money units will be of little or no use. Currently, i'm not sure if B-52 bombers even make it into my attack army, and if they do they are at the very bottom of it.
Stealth surveillance drones still make it into my defensive army, but as i gather more elite water cruisers they will be obsolete as well. Then, the only cash units that will be of use to me are the very expensive ones, that will take forever to accumilate. at 619k IPH i can only get possibly 2 aircraft carriers per day. And that's if i put every dollar made into them. By just attacking, even without valor missions i can get myself 4 or 5 elite water cruisers per day. Valor is the way to go with a free army, especially in the end.

I totally agree about valor being easy to accumulate in PvP, but the blend of cash and valor covers you for growth... there is no point looking at the end now as the end is miles and miles away and you still need to survive and have fun on the way...

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
A logical strategy KOD. In terms of vulnerability dropping down to 75 allies will most certainly take you off the PUN radar screens since I don't think anyone is down that far ally wise in the high levels. At the same time your unit density will be high so anyone else with the same idea will probably leave you alone so two positives.

If I was a new player, I would not spend money on the game. Instead I would just hoover up as many free indestructible units I could through the boss challenge and events but that won't apply to you I suspect. The tweak my ally count so I only take those units into battle. Granted the game does seem to weight loot units but then they were free so no big deal loosing them.

The real problem there is really not much to do up in the high levels. It's like a screwed up Barney song, you attack me, I attack you and on and on it goes. I don't see the game getting any better so IMHO the best option to have fun playing is to play over again in the low levels but with the knowledge you have gained playing in the high levels. Since everything in the game seems to be either a flipping secret or screwed up you can take advantage of those who don't know the weird idiosyncrasies of the game.

Damn you now I have barney dumb voice echoing in my head... I banned my kids seeing that show!

Oh and I have Samnatha Trutle as my baby... but thats part of this issue... the account got locked out with a password error on a transfer after taking down boss 24.... that was 4 days ago and no acess since and two password resets by CJ and still cant sign in and upload the transfer... damn peeved if i am not geting that big boss infantry for my little bitty turtle.

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
I hope you werent referring to me. JK. But seriously, if you have to premise your posts with a disclaimer that they may be too long, they probably are. JKA

My premis was honey to the bee... al"bee"zy that is... Hi I knew you or another was bound to see it and comment... I put that in there to deliberately attract attention... buzzz buzz buzzzzzz

KoD x x x

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure exactly where she is in the game and I c.b.a to read it all again, plus I don't know how far shes upgraded the relevant buildings, but it won't take that long, strategy dependent. Remember she won't be upgrading any other unit buildings either.

This however, is the big problem with any money led strategy now come a certain level. In a years time (probably before), Your prized money units won't be up to attacking 99% of peoples armys which will consist entirely of valour and indestructible units.

Yup, but I am already generating a min of 2000 valor a day with hardly any log-ins with my nearly 60 stamina and 116 attack already... a good day of getting online and I might make 2-3 times that easily. And that's a hell of a lot more high powered units than cash can buy... only 490,000 BP to finish Major and be colonel with those boats.... again I make 10000 BP on bad day... 50,000 on a good day if I can find a couple of BP farms.

Tctiger
07-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Totally agree with jmc , who wants to camp and build ac army that would take forever! I will build a gold army with events quicker as a free player .

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Haha, love a bird who dominates!

Lol I have a nice leather collection to go with the buns of steal... I think SeqWins and I might have a challenge on who looks best in leather one day..... I'm sure lulu will vote for him so I'll need yours :)

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Totally agree with jmc , who wants to camp and build ac army that would take forever! I will build a gold army with events quicker as a free player .

Absolutely! I mean 30 units and a bg fat bugger at the end for free... and even if you cant get there even 15-20! ok so the common suck but they are still a back bone, and the uncommon can match some valor and cash items... the rares are nice. I am getting about 2-4 rares each time.

bigflan
07-25-2012, 10:01 AM
I quit the game KOD

Did you hear

I

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I quit the game KOD

Did you hear

I

Damn... you finally found the thread... I'm quitting the thread now. Oh and yes, I remember many times when you quite the game... then did it again.... and again....

bigflan
07-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Damn... you finally found the thread... I'm quitting the thread now. Oh and yes, I remember many times when you quite the game... then did it again.... and again....

Actually I have finally done it

I deleted all my buildings