PDA

View Full Version : To camp or not to camp?

balax
07-24-2012, 06:29 AM
Everybody says that camping is good, it makes u stronger etc
Many people have also a second - camp- account.

My opinion is that camping doesn't offer u something. U camp at level 10 or 20 and stay there for 2-3 maybe 6 months and u have 500k iph and u buy expensive guns and armor ....

for as long as u camp at low levels, other people level up quiqly by fighting and robbing , get rp, buy better items, loot better items (when time comes) and have much better stats.

You might say that each one of us has to compete players that belong to similar level...
yes thats true but not for ever, after level 150 or 160 or even 170, players from higher levels can beat you, and these players might have begun playing the game same time with u

Boom
07-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Yes but when ur done camping u will also fight level up and get RP. U will be same lvl as non campers but with better iph and better weps

doinkent
07-24-2012, 06:32 AM
camping is boring, just play the game and dont take it too seriously

iteachem
07-24-2012, 06:35 AM
camping is boring, just play the game and dont take it too seriously

I agree it is boring, but I have a level 12 camper as well and don't have time to mess with it. For me this one is all about income and with scratchers I can get pretty strong doing nothing but collecting twice a day

Nyx
07-24-2012, 06:36 AM
I have a main account where I move at a brisk crawl, then I have a second account where I camp. I don't think I'd be able to have a camper account as my main though but as a second account it's fun to just focus purely on economy.

doinkent
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM
I agree it is boring, but I have a level 12 camper as well and don't have time to mess with it. For me this one is all about income and with scratchers I can get pretty strong doing nothing but collecting twice a day

if it is not your main account its acceptable..but if people camp on their main..i am disappoint

balax
07-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Yes but when ur done camping u will also fight level up and get RP. U will be same lvl as non campers but with better iph and better weps

and why is that??

u can also build a good economy while leveling up and by my experience i can tell u that is easier and i 'll explain.
by buying respect weapons i was allways at top of my level and i could beat at least 90% of them and rob 99% of them, so i could easily earn money from robberies. i'm playing since february and now i'm level 130 and have ~250k /ph. since level 40-50 (whitch is when i realized how the game realy works) the money i got from robberies is much more than i got from my economy and i invest them in my hood.
In higher levels u find better hoods to rob i mean

fuzzy
07-24-2012, 06:53 AM
@balax may ask how many low tier RP items you have ?

Combat Boots
Mustangs
Colombian Knife
Tommy Guns

balax
07-24-2012, 06:59 AM
few
most of rp items are NVB (300), bikes (250), excelero (60), rpg (60), CW (130)

Combat Boots ~20
Mustangs ~10
Colombian Knife <10
Tommy Guns ~50

fuzzy
07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
My higher level account needed those low level RP items to get stronger through middle part of the game. My combat boots played a major rule in getting me to level 113. You did great on not blowing your RP on low tier items.

But those low level RP items is something my camper account will never ever buy.

I agree cash equipment is useless in the high levels but it can get you through the mid levels just fine while you are saving your RP.

Blast Guard Helmets 6/14 better then Combat Boots
69 Camaro - Very Close to the Mustang
Steel Garrote - Very Close to the Colombian Knife
Sniper Rifle 11/5 better then Tommy Gun

Babytway
07-24-2012, 07:12 AM
i decided to camp on my main acct a few days ago. i think im just goin to stay at my level for awhile and just do whatever and not level up at all.

Boom
07-24-2012, 07:15 AM
and why is that??

u can also build a good economy while leveling up and by my experience i can tell u that is easier and i 'll explain.
by buying respect weapons i was allways at top of my level and i could beat at least 90% of them and rob 99% of them, so i could easily earn money from robberies. i'm playing since february and now i'm level 130 and have ~250k /ph. since level 40-50 (whitch is when i realized how the game realy works) the money i got from robberies is much more than i got from my economy and i invest them in my hood.
In higher levels u find better hoods to rob i meanWell we all have different opinions

in-game j
07-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Best solution - Win the lotto - design your own game - Win your own in game lotto ! YES.
Or, Win the lotto - retire - buy gold. lots of gold. YES. !

No seriously ....

Seriously ...

Camping's good if you are busy IRL, but it's terribly boring.
OR, you could try antoher dimension to camping, you could try pseudo-camping-laundroloft robbing.

sexkitteh
07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
low/mid level cash items may APPEAR useless... but not if you can afford it... remember if you start with a solid economy, you will be one of the few people running around with a fully loaded maffia...

Also economy paves the way when it comes to supporting your explosive supply... I think that is incredibly important and gives a bit of an edge... against normal and slightly above normal players... not gold players though lol

Luciferianism
07-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Camping is just stupid. What are you doing it for? A good economy? You can get that playing normally. I'm about to get a level 3 NC and make over 1M every 6 hours from that single building. How many campers have one of those? In game cash is pointless anyway.
If you do it on a second account as a hobby, I can understand that maybe.

Fake
07-24-2012, 09:02 AM
i decided to camp on my main acct a few days ago. i think im just goin to stay at my level for awhile and just do whatever and not level up at all.

I'm also camping in my own level.... nowhere to go when you reach level 200 ;) so it's seems to be a good option for me! +pvp +pve +anything else!

doinkent
07-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Camping is just stupid. What are you doing it for? A good economy? You can get that playing normally. I'm about to get a level 3 NC and make over 1M every 6 hours from that single building. How many campers have one of those? In game cash is pointless anyway.
If you do it on a second account as a hobby, I can understand that maybe.

pretty much agree with all this

Auxilium
07-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm doing a combination of camping and leveling. At this moment i am lvl 14 with 43k iph and i only strike lvl 4 lofts and higher. Because i got allot cash weapons i can beat the most and from the rp i get wich is high from lofts i buy rp weapons. This way i hardly ever find someone who is stronger and if someone is he/she is camping a long time and pumped allot cash in the weapons and armor or even a load of defense buildings.

Go slow and camp? Aim for lvl 4 and higher lofts. Nothing else ;)

ShawnBB
07-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Good job, lucifer:) To answer your question "what are you camping for?" , "for safety, definitely not for Econ". It's all about how conservative a player's estimation to his outside world is.
I've talked about campers in KA forum as well

camping is to wrap up those limited things you have and pretty much sit out.
the only reason to camp is that there is dangerous right up there that would affect or hurt your Econ badly, so you decided to "take a rest" in game.

Just a simple assumption--- If the game has no PvP which means it is single player mode, do you still think camping is good in terms of Econ?
Hell no... we are not retard...

Therefore, camping is just sacrificing the opportunity to unlock better buildings and Econ growth speed in exchange of safety. It is a way against economy.

Don't get fooled by those nightclubs saving low level campers. They started game way long ahead of you.
As long as you have a good management of the game, your safety can be assured and normal leveling up could help you grow your Econ at an ideal speed and surpass a lot of campers who started before you.

I respect some wisdom shared by campers :p, they made the best options of econ growth in order to the level, but not the best options in order to the game.

Campers lost a lot of looting chance as well, I regret for camping a little bit at low level and only ended up with 8 m4a1.
And now with more and more new maps releasing, campers gonna miss more good loot opportunities before it get nerfed. They probably will comfort themselves with "I don't care, I'm not competing with those who looted them."

The Billionaire
07-24-2012, 11:16 AM
CAMP

My camper account has 60,000 RP saved up btw Balax

Why are some people so against camping? Why the rush to get to the higher levels?

So you can unlock buildings that you can't afford the upgrades for because your economy wasn't strong enough in the first place.

So you can unlock weapons you can't afford because your economy wasn't strong enough in the first place.

So you can take daily beatings from those who got there first or those who spend more on an event than you probably earn in a month.

Nudie
07-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Camping's not for me. But I suppose some people get a kick out of watching wet paint dry or grass growing. :p

Dreno33
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
its also a style of playing. Anyone who argues that it is the wrong way to play is a dam fool to think that there is a right way. Shut up and play. Why are there so many useless threads of people preaching about intellect they think they have? shush shush..

Play how you want. And on your way to lvl 200, if a previous camper kicks your arse, then you will have a thread topic worth starting.

Tomatoneverdie
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Level up when there is an event, camp when there is no event....works well for me

The Billionaire
07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Level up when there is an event, camp when there is no event....works well for me

+1

I use exactly the same strategy because it seems the most logical way to play the game.

Boom
07-24-2012, 01:33 PM
So u camp one day in 2 weeks?

Max Power
07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
its also a style of playing. Anyone who argues that it is the wrong way to play is a dam fool to think that there is a right way. Shut up and play. Why are there so many useless threads of people preaching about intellect they think they have? shush shush..

Play how you want. And on your way to lvl 200, if a previous camper kicks your arse, then you will have a thread topic worth starting.

Exactly. I have no idea why people give a crap.

Would you rather level up from the depths with 100k income per hour or 2k income per hour? Nothing is different other than that. Same fights, same dropped weapons, same farming locations, same events, same everything other than income. The only thing wrong with camping is that it is boring, but some people like that.

There is no way it makes you weaker in the long run if you know how to play.

Boom
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I just camp in CC and play some other iOS games... That makes it fun =]

montecore
07-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I plan on camping at level 115 for a while. Build the new turrets, upgrade nightclubs, etc. But who knows if i have the patience.

Tomatoneverdie
07-24-2012, 07:35 PM
So u camp one day in 2 weeks?

There used to be a week in between events, I would use that time to upgrade a couple 24hr buildings and save for a NC....I hope this weekly event cr@p doesn't continue....

balax
07-24-2012, 10:14 PM
for as long as somebody camps at low levels and gets stronger his future rival becomes even more stronger by being in higher levels, getting better items, getting more from robberies etc.
If there were entless levels and no matter what level you are, you would have to fight equal level rivals, i would agree. But all players finaly will meet after entering level 150 or 160.

Behzat
07-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Forget about camping now pls answer this question.

Most of you say camping is for building economy-i totally agree
Most of you say that store weapons which are bought with game money are trash-i totally agree
So why do you try to improve your economy by camping?To buy trashes?

Whats the good point of having a good economy? Yeah i like having a good economy but still i couldnt get the point of that.Maybe its because i like the buildings and building hood in this game.Still dont know why i like and play this game instead of sims if i like decoration and building.

But the main problem is i rlly cant see the point if having a good economy.The only good point of economy was the most earners event which gave golden defense gun as a price,nothing more......

ShawnBB
07-24-2012, 10:42 PM
for as long as somebody camps at low levels and gets stronger his future rival becomes even more stronger by being in higher levels, getting better items, getting more from robberies etc.
If there were entless levels and no matter what level you are, you would have to fight equal level rivals, i would agree. But all players finaly will meet after entering level 150 or 160.

I'm on your side:) but there is nothing wrong with camping,people are just terrified of meeting heavy spenders (even if there's probably none)

Guys fully utilize the stamina bars are the only ones that are stats competetive,low level campers are not in the end game topic,they will try their best to avoid high level, just play for fun and safe.

Nudie
07-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Most of you say that store weapons which are bought with game money are trash-i totally agree

Whats the good point of having a good economy? Yeah i like having a good economy but still i couldnt get the point of that.Maybe its because i like the buildings and building hood in this game.Still dont know why i like and play this game instead of sims if i like decoration and building.

But the main problem is i rlly cant see the point if having a good economy.The only good point of economy was the most earners event which gave golden defense gun as a price,nothing more......

Totally agree with you! But campers will camp and if that's how thay want to play (or not play) the game, it's their perogative. :p

Tomatoneverdie
07-24-2012, 10:54 PM
If you have endless amount of gold, i agreed camping is pointless....
But for a free player, building a good economy is essential for survival because I can equip every member with the best cash item available at each level. And to work my way up to having enough respect to buy 500 each of the end game items.

+the Golden Defense is too awesome and you never know what you will get for the next big earner event (please Funzio, give us another one, I'm begging you)....

ShawnBB
07-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Camping for Econ is a very common misconception. It's just there's nothing else they can talk about...
Best Econ growth is acquired by proper leveling up and wisely building a strong stats.

The reason for camping is people feel that their stats is not ready for the next level. Waiting at a level to let strong players level up away from their next level.
Anyone having less than 50k IpH can build his Econ back at any level before shark pool as long his stats is solid enough.

sperry744
08-05-2012, 04:49 AM
camping is boring...

manga store (http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/japanese-comics.html)

emcee
08-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Camping for me is a minimal time investment in this game versus an active player/leveler who needs to empty their huge reserves of stamina and energy. Also, I am a free player so I enjoy the challenge of creating a competitive player that can rival some gold spenders.
The biggest benefit for campers are scratchers. You get one daily and if you don't level much in lets say 6 months you could in theory have 180 gold equivalent items in your inventory (more realistically about half) versus someone rushing up levels in a matter of days.
The benefit of buying top cash items for your level is that you can save all respect for end game respect items, not yams or nvb for instance. Also, you can buy the best explosives. On my level 69 camping/crawling account I decided to splurge in the last week or so and have bought 330 odd anthrax and hazard grenades. I also decided to buy some medium stats equip as well probably to the tune of 30 million dollars or so.
I'm saving for level 5 nc upgrades at present but during downtime have been exclusively upgrading my gatlings and sniper dens.
At a certain point in a camper's economy I recommend shifting emphasis from upgrading income buildings and solely concentrate on defense buildings while saving for significant income building upgrades.
It would be nice to have an economy of over 10 million/hr but for end game you probably don't even need half as most high level players I've seen seem to be doing fine under 2 mil.
The only reason to develop a strong economy imo is to afford the maximum hood expansion, buying the best defense buildings (including upgrades) to occupy your hood and be able to account for any explosives attrition. Also, jets are the best defensive vehicles at present and they aren't cheap at 84 mil per.

Yes campers can lose out on limited loot items or event items. However, they do not lose out on respect items. A smart camper/crawler will actually earn more respect per level by targeting laundromats then a typical leveler. Campers will have more gold equivalent items than their same level counterparts by participating in daily scratchers.

Camping is boring argument please give it a rest. This has no bearing on the efficacy of camping. We can start another thread and talk about that.....please don't.

Dreno33
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Camping's not for me. But I suppose some people get a kick out of watching wet paint dry or grass growing. :p

didnt you say that joke last week?

Euchred
08-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Camping is awesome I hit my goal of two level 3 nightclubs. I never get robbed or attacked is the best part. Next goal is to put Mt and lofts to level 10 while I save for level 4 NCs. I've stopped leveling though, going to park it at level 40. Managed to get 101 NVBs :)

Jack Bauer 24
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I camped for about two weeks when I was level 46. Found it very boring, so I moved on. To each his own though. Besides cheating, there's no wrong way to play this game. It all comes down to how you want to play.

mnju_03
08-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Oi vey! Just do what you want! Change your mind frequently... Enjoy every moment. It is just a game! So play!
I love exclamation marks! lol